Stores > AVADirect Custom Computers

• AVADirect Custo AVADirect Custom Computers Elite Status

• Address: General Office AVADirect.com 1750 Highland Rd. Suite 4 Twinsburg OH 44087
    • Contact: sales@avadirect.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.69/10 8.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

2016-07-05

High End CUSTOM PC Build - Fantastic Customer Care and Quality Work

"You can tell the folks at AVADirect have experience in building Custom PC's. Starting from their webpage, they have every component (and latest!) you can possibly have for a custom PC, including the latest RGB lighting and cases. As PC building becomes more customizable and complex, AVADirect puts you in complete control so you can enjoy having a truly custom PC.

The overall customer service exceeded my expectations, my emails were promptly responded to. The sales representative handled my request for the build, such as which SSD to install Windows on, and allowing me to use my own graphics card. The entire process from ordering to final receipt of the PC was smooth.

The craftsmanship of the build is highly noteworthy because of the attention to detail on the cabling and fan management. The system builders' experience shows as you see the intricate way the cables were managed. The Fan layout exceeded my expectations as I used an All-in-One liquid cooler, and my custom fans were arranged in a push&pull setup, thus allowing optimal cooling and acoustics. The system is so quiet I can't even tell it is running, unless I look at it.

The shipping packaging was more than adequate. The PC itself was packed in the box of the case and then packed into a larger case with air cushions. Inside the PC case, there is foam packing to protect the heavy GPU from moving. There was no way the heavy PC could have been damaged in the way it was packaged.

Finally, the presentation of the PC was very thoughtful to the end customer. When I finally opened it up, I received it without a finger print or smudge on it. In fact, the only ones on it are from my own hands. You can tell there was care in the final presentation to the owner.

I would order again from AVADirect, and will recommend it to anyone.

This review was modified by gu_jimmy on July 05 2016 06:14:32 AM

2016-07-01

A No-Regrets purchase of a solid custom laptop, built and delivered exactly as promised,

"I designed a custom laptop via their website and AVADirect offered guidance and experience on a few adjustments to make it perfect. It wasn't cheap, but the price was fair for what I was asking. The build process started, I was kept informed every step of the way, and the laptop was delivered a little earlier than expected. My son now has a killer laptop, ready for anything the future will throw at him, and I had a painless experience in creating it. I don't do off-the-shelf and I happily grind inexperienced builders, clearance-sale parts, and make-a-buck clowns under my feet. I don't know when I will order my next laptop/desktop, but I know who is going to sell it to me.

I was asked to write a review that encompassed my experience with AVADirect and my experience was a very good one. I received nothing in exchange for these words.

This review was modified by Highfather on July 01 2016 09:09:35 PM

2016-07-01

Absolutely outstanding service and product

"Just wow. AVA has earned my lifetime business. Ordering, customer service, packaging, and everything else has been above and beyond all expectations. Truly superb process and product."

This review was modified by jbartelt on July 01 2016 10:38:48 AM

2016-06-28

The Ultimate Custom Computer Experience!

"What can i really say about how helpful and accommodating the staff at AVADirect are. I ordered my gaming/editing PC from them less then a month ago and already i have been updated weekly as to the processing, construction, and shipping of my computer. Along with that i must have called their customer and technical support lines over 25 times in the last 4 weeks and every time i have been greeted with amazing service and respect as a buyer. I experienced only two hold ups, one being the case i originally wanted was unavailable, so the sales associates emailed me immediately and made me a few suggestions resolving the hold quickly and efficiently, and secondly a payment hold relating to my bank, which AVA alerted me to immediately. I experienced absolutely ZERO problems with the AVA Staff and felt that they were truly there to help me; the consumer.

One of their Sales representatives Joe, i have spoken too more then once and each time he has answered every single question I've had no matter how small or simple. I would recommend AVA direct to anyone looking for a powerful computer for Gaming, Productivity, Work, or even server and storage. Looking for a build on a budget, AVADirect is for you. Great Work AVADirect.

I'd like to thank the staff at AVADirect for making my first custom computer experience an amazing one.

Five Stars hands down wish i could give 6
Sorry i called so much

I look forward to seeing my new computer when it arrives, and i will be sure to leave a second review on its performance and quality.

I intend to shop with AVADirect again very soon.

This review was modified by TAmaral17 on June 28 2016 09:23:18 AM

2016-06-17

Custom I7 System Review

"I purchased our first AVA system in 2010. That was an I5 system dedicated to running Media center. Based on our very positive experience with that computer and service provided with AVA (they sent a replacement fan without question) we decided to upgrade our desktop system (a Dell E510) with a custom I7 system capable of running a high-end R/C flight simulator - also other applications for general use. The purchase experience was positive and AVA suggested replacing the power supply that the system was configured with, with a EVG 650 GQ power supply. After doing some investigation I was very happy with that substitution. The computer arrived, installation was straight forward with no problems since. I am confident in the products that we purchased from AVA and always highly recommend them. Given the price we paid for what we got, we are more than satisfied and would say that the price was very reasonable."

This review was modified by RFatResellRates on June 17 2016 06:25:30 PM

2016-05-18

Expectations exceeded

"Joseph took care of me and fully answered my questions and concerns. The machine was customized to my needs and is flawless in operation and it works with all my other devices with no issue. I chose what I thought I wanted and then asked them to check to see if the parts would conflict and then make further recommendations. EVERYTHING WORKS!"

This review was modified by 6thtrumpet on May 18 2016 08:24:31 AM

2016-05-09

Great computer from a great company

"I recently received a new PC system that I had AVADIRECT build for me. I couldn't have been happier. The system is exactly what I wanted, runs beautifully and it is obvious that great care and attention was put into the system's build, testing and shipping. I would highly recommend AVADIRECT to anyone that is looking into a new PC system."

2016-04-21

One Stop Shop AVA- Custom Built

Got a mid level Fx 6350 Gaming rig Built for myself 2 years ago not one problem so far.My 30 year old son was so impress that he waited for the new Intel 170 chip to come out got him self one built. Learned alot doing research on my first built 2nd one was easier. Dont skimp on the case or power supply heres his built
Corsair obsidian 450D great air flow made well lots of filters & didnt want any problems fitting the Corair Hydro H110i 280mm cooler in it.Thing stays under 40c all the time, No over clocking.Went with I Asus H170 Pro Mother Board -intel i5-6600- 8GB of DDR4 Stuck a GTX 960 4GB FTW Video card in it. 1TB Seagate Hard drive no SSD & a Asus Dvd. To keep the thing running well for many years to come Got the EVGA Supernova 650 G2. Trying to keep the cost down and getting the best bang for the buck while also getting a Computer for my needs I chose AVD - Direct Custom Computers . There Web site is one of the best for custom builds lots of choices and there price is fair.There Builds should be the gold standard. Wire Management "what wires" lol out of the way nice and neat very clean build. Dont forget the Burn test they also do I think its 12 or 24 hrs if its going fail its going fail there . Sum places just slap the thing together turn it on it works and ship it out good luck 6 months later. There Staff is very friendly & Knowledgeable. Will shop there again

This review was modified by Paul2824 on April 21 2016 02:37:50 PM

2016-04-09

Happy AVA Direct Customer

"Ordered a custom build gaming rig. Helpful sales rep was terrific with tech advice. For naysayers, I was able to totally customize this build, and pricing was very reasonable. Customer service very good. Machine arrived with all parts intact and after some QA it booted right up without problems.

I'll be buying other tech from this company in 2016.

This review was modified by Pandora.Harper on April 09 2016 08:15:36 AM

2016-04-07

Very poor/no postsale support

"AVA's idea of 3 years of tech support 3 months out, consisted of not answering emails and telling me by phone that if I had a problem it was caused by something I did. The tower syst. was configured by AVA to my meet my needs as expressed to them by phone. The syst. received had a day one crash problem that could only be recovered from by using the reset button. The problem was resolved independently of (not by choice) AVA by purchasing and installing an upgraded video card at my expense. "

This review was modified by dkhink on April 07 2016 02:21:12 PM

2016-04-02

My dream machine for a great price

"I was able to begin with a barebones PC and play with a seemly endless list of options until I designed an amazing machine at an incredible price. Once my PC was ordered I could check the status as it was being built.

If you want a new PC, and you would like a say in what is inside, do not go to a box store, go to AVADirect!

This review was modified by 47tobyl on April 02 2016 10:29:34 PM

2016-04-01

Ultra high end gaming laptop.

"I've been waiting for a while to pick up a powerful laptop and when Nvidia announced that the gtx 980 ran cool enough to be in a laptop I decided that it was finally time. After shopping around a bit at sites like cyberpower and originpc I was a little disappointed as it seemed I could either get the 980 or a desktop I7 and I wanted to get both. I then saw AVA Direct mentioned in a comments thread on an article about custom pc builders and decided to take a look. I was very happy to find they could not only configure my laptop the way I wanted but could also do it cheaper than some of the other options I had been considering. After placing my order I was quickly notified that the 6700k was on backorder from Intel so I unfortunately had to wait a month for AVA to receive stock. Not something I can blame on them though. Within a week of then receiving the cpu I had my laptop. I have to say the build quality was excellent and it was configured exactly how I had specified and had no bloatware to boot. Couldn't be happier with my purchase and I know if I have a question AVA's service people respond quickly. "

This review was modified by jman2552 on April 01 2016 10:18:12 AM

2016-03-31

Wonderful Experience

"After owning a Dell laptop for many years, it was time (past time) to upgrade, and I started researching various online shops and mfg's. I started with Dell, but was not impressed with the lackluster specs on their more affordable models. I then checked out System 76, which makes computers preloaded with linux. As I was going to install linux anyway, this seemed like a viable path.

As I started to read the review on System 76, I learned that most of their products are rebranded Clevo's. This led me to do a search for the same model Clevo as they use for one of their 17 inch models. This is how I learned about AVA Direct, which sells Clevos.

When I learned that they will preinstall any of a number of linux OS's, it seemed like the perfect choice: a working linux laptop out of the box, with a significant discount from the System 76 offerings. True, they didn't offer service on the OS, and included disclaimers about not guaranteeing compatibility. But, I figured I'd give them a shot and hope for the best.

Purchase was quite easy and straightforward. I chose financing, and the process was simple and fast: I learned immediately if I was approved, and returned to the checkout page to complete my purchase.

After about 3 weeks, the laptop (a Clevo W670RZQ with 6th gen i7 6700 CPU, HM170 chipset with built in graphics, 16 Gigs ram, and 1TB HDD) arrived to my home, and I eagerly stripped away the packaging to get my greedy hands on the prize within. I was impressed first of all with how well it was packaged - triple boxed, with the largest box being large enough that the laptop floated in packing peanuts. As I slowly stripped everything away, placed the laptop on my computer table, and hooked up the power cord, I was struck at how beautiful it was - all glossy surfaces, thin profile. I turned it on, and to my absolute delight I was staring at a full blown Ubuntu desktop within 30 seconds.

Subsequent use has revealed that this Ubuntu install 'just works' with the bleeding edge hardware. Even suspend/resume, which is often tricky on linux, is flawless. True, I've only had it about a week, and have yet to try everything, but everything I've tried so far has worked as expected. This is one fast general purpose computer, and it's really beautiful as well. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

This review was modified by rwinner on March 31 2016 10:28:58 PM

2016-03-15

Thoroughly professional!!

"After many years of buying, and being disappointed with over-the-counter computers, we decided to invest in a custom machine. I thoroughly researched many companies, and ultimately decided on AVADirect because they were willing to make me computer strictly geared to a home office. Most other custom builders seemed to cater to gamers, and high-end graphics, and we really didn't want or need all the "flashing lights and bells and whistles" and they came through with a super machine for a very reasonable price.

They stayed in constant touch throughout the build process, and other than the check-out process which is a little ponderous, everything went smoothly. I highly recommend AVADirect!

This review was modified by Raptor-Fan on March 15 2016 07:11:15 AM

2016-03-10

Great product, smooth ordering process

"Ordered a pre-built Intel NUC. The online ordering process was simple and straightforward. Emails kept me track of my order throughout the entire process. Item arrived well packaged. My computer worked perfectly right out of the box. I would AVA Direct again."

This review was modified by lkbos on March 10 2016 06:38:26 AM

Share AVADirect Custom Computers's store rating

AVADirect Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AVADirect Custom Computers is a merchant member
AVADirect Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,536 merchant members.