AVADirect Custom Computers Reviews - avadirect.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.50/10 1,098 reviews

AVADirect Custom Computers is a merchant member
AVADirect Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.

What is this?

All Customer Reviews (1,108)

"I found this site by searching for custom computers on Google, and after reading the reviews on here, it seemed like a good bet. It was.

I didn't feel their prices were particularly low, but based on what a friend of mine spent to order similar parts elsewhere and build his own, I'd say their prices are certainly reasonable.

Took a little over 2 weeks to ship (which is what it says on their site. Shipping costs seem reasonable, although I think from a marketing perspective they'd be better off just figuring that cost into their prices and offering free shipping (ground of course, with extra charges for faster shipping).

Packaging was fantastic, I really liked the foam insert that was inside the computer. It actually forms to the shape of the inside of the computer to protect the parts and prevent them from coming loose.

Their website could use a bit of a makeover (strictly for looks, it's surprisingly functional and works great otherwise). Responses through their website forum are fast and courteous.

All in all, I'd say it was a very good experience and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Andrew

"Don't let the plain template webpage fool you, AVA Direct knows what they are doing when it comes to system building and configuration."

"Very pleased with the product and the company. Assembled very well and the standard custom wiring is exceptional. My only negative comment is that a component (a case) listed as low stock was actually not in stock. In order to get the case I wanted I had to pay a bit extra to get it as a special order. So before placing an order I would suggest contacting them directly as opposed to relying on the webpage for availability for low stock components. I used their messaging system for the entire transaction and it worked out well with quick responses from customer service. I was very surprised to receive the PC faster than expected even with the special order case. "

"Ordering from AVA Direct takes longer than ordering a pre-built system. But the advantage is that you can get to spec every part that goes into your system. I chose a premium power supply and an over-sized CPU cooler. Yes, it took about 3 weeks for me to receive my order, as I had been told. But the benefit was a super-quiet system that is absolutely perfect for my needs. Great company to deal with, too. They reviewed y selections to ensure that no conflicts existed. AAA+++!"

"We needed a new custom computer for research purposes that had several legacy PCi slots, and AVADirect did a great job in quoting and building such a system. The best part of the process was the very rapid and responsive email communication which made the selection of components and dealing with the ordering process amazingly easy. And the quote has a very helpful direct link to place the order. I've already ordered two more computers from AVA.
Highly recommended for a custom system.

"I had a great experience with avadirect and I will be using them next time I need a new computer."

"After a couple of weeks of window shopping through Newegg, amazon, Doghouse Systems, Digital Storm, Alienware/Dell I found AVADirect through a link I believe. I was instantly amazed at all the choices of hardware and many different configurations of Machines they had to offer. From tiny laptops up to large machines that look like they should be on the set of some sci-fi movie. Customer service is on the ball, I placed my order and the next morning I had a message from Joe Mundy that the type of ram I chose would not fit under my CPU cooler and quickly helped me remedy the situation. I had to wait a few extra days to receive my order, no fault of AVAs. The SSD I ordered was not in stock at the moment. No biggie, I'm patient and it was so worth the wait! This thing is a beautiful beast. The insides are so clean looking and their wire management is great,not one dangler,lol. Overall I am super satisfied with my 3200 dollar gaming monster that giggles at everything i throw at it. For instance, running AC4 all settings ultra, Itunes, Chrome in the background and skype all at once and doesn't skip a beat. But this Is not about my PC, its about AVADirect and what a great company they are. For those of you interested in seeing first-hand the beautiful workmanship the AVA team does, check out their facebook and twitter pages. They post a lot of pictures of their projects and other cool things that i swear will make you drool. I am seriously going to drop AVAs name anytime anyone i know mentions they need a new PC. They can fit any budget, with some products as little as a few hundred bucks. Thank you for your time and I hope I helped in your decision making process. If I failed to sway you... did I mention they will custom paint your case! Some components too, but I'm not 100% on that so you will have to at least check out their site if you are interested in that. Thanks again AVA team! F.R. On a side note, aside from a burner program for media the only other software that was loaded is Folding at home. A program that uses a portion of your PC to help Stanford university do research on proteins. Something to help humanity and fight disease. Very classy guys. That I consider a great bragging point for myself and your company. Really, that was a very touching surprise. "

"This is a great company to work with. Everything from ordering to delivery was smooth. Sales person is friendly and knowledgeable. He was very responsive and showed great attention to my needs. I have received the system even earlier than it was promised. Build quality is excellent. They included reports for all burn-in tests they performed. They even shipped all components (cables etc.) from chassis and motherboard retail packages, which were not used in my build. It was obvious that they paid attention to every detail.
I will definitely buy from them again.

"As a first time custom pc buyer, I was a little nervous about the whole process as well as how expensive it could become. AVADirect wasn't the first site I researched but ultimately, I thought that I didn't mind paying a bit more for the consistent positive reviews and experiences others had. So, I took the plunge on February 19th and used the custom builder to make the pc that had the components I wanted and still managed to stay under my budget.

Joe Mundy was always quick to answer my questions. With the experience I had, I definitely see myself recommending AVADirect to anyone looking to get a new PC.

"My whole experience with AVA has been a positive one. I am very pleased, not only with the customer service, but also with the product itself. "

"As a former loyal Dell customer, all I can say is awesome, 1st class experience. AVADirect's customer service (Joe Mundy) was a tremendous help in ensuring that my configuration was right, making spot on recommendations for CPU cooling, which I hadn't considered, and Power Supply alternate when my first choice wasn't in stock. Overall VERY pleased with system and quality of build. First class experience and I would highly recommend AVADirect to anyone in the market for a new computer. AVADirect rocks."

"Great company to work with. Pretty much every option you could imagine is available to customize your computer as you see fit. Their website is also a great resource to help inform customers on various topics as well."

"Excellent customer service. Excellent build quality. Great choices for components. Operating system was set up properly, with no bloatware. I've built my own systems, ordered from other on line retailers, but now will refer everyone to AVADirect, and I will absolutely be a return customer. "

Rating 8/104/5

"Overall a good retailer. Lead time was a bit long, but I am pleased with the final product."

"Overall good experience. Lots of customization available, price was fair for product, and I had a good customer service experience when I had questions. Seems like they did a good quality build, and the computer was very well packaged for shipping. It does take them a bit to process your order and then complete the build, but overall not bad. I'd buy from them again."