Stores > AVADirect Custom Computers

• AVADirect Custo AVADirect Custom Computers Elite Status

• Address: General Office AVADirect.com 1750 Highland Rd. Suite 4 Twinsburg OH 44087
    • Contact: sales@avadirect.com

Customer service: Rating 9.33/10 9.33/10

What is this?

2016-02-09

thanks to ava direct!

"For my new PC, it was important that I get a silent PC as the machine is pulling part-time duty in a sound studio. I went with AVA Direct as their website made it easy to put together a build with the parts that I wanted. They even have a section on their website for silent builds which was convenient compared to some of the other websites I looked at. Their prices are very reasonable too compared to some of the dedicated silent PC builders out there (major $$$). Although I usually build my own machines, the price mark up was worth the amount of time I saved in the end. My new machine runs great and is very quiet.

The own downside is that it took about 3 weeks to get my machine but it was well worth the wait. Also, they usually charge for shipping but because of a promo code I was able to get shipping for free. It pays to follow them on social media.

This review was modified by nekrophile on February 09 2016 09:33:17 PM

2016-01-29

Don't waste your time asking them to insall Linux

"My service didn't really start off that great. There was a huge lag in communications and they never bothered to update me on my order status until I would call/email to complain. It took a month and a half to get my computer.

That being said. My biggest complaint is with the Linux install. I intended to install a dual boot myself. Since it was offered, and I was getting a semi-custom computer, I figured what the heck. They will know more about hardware compatibility and it will save me some time making things work. WRONG!!! It took them days to determine that the Ubuntu offered wouldn't work with the graphic drivers - was creating a boot loop. I don't know why they offered the two together on the order form, hopefully they will correct that. I doubt it. Not being picky I said no worry and they installed CentOS 7. Here's where things got more disappointing. Apparently when they install any Linux OS they don't bother checking that they have configured it properly to your computer or that all of the hardware will work. After contacting, I was told they only install Linux, they DO NOT check that it works. Sorry. Mine came with issues related to Wifi and the OS not recognizing the HDMI. I ended up being up to me to troubleshoot and fix these on my own. Not a huge issue except that I paid them to do it so I wouldn't have to. It would have been faster for me to just have installed CentOS 7 myself. So I wasted time and money, ended up waiting longer for my computer, and got really annoyed with the complete lack of customer service. I would not recommend.

This review was modified by Dissappointed_customer on January 29 2016 04:03:42 PM

2016-01-19

AVA D is the bee's knee

"Joseph from AVADirect contacted me immediately with issues in my order. He was extremely helpful, answered some of my concerns quickly and saved me money on my order. I won't be going anywhere else for machines for my business or my home. There needs to be a sixth star."

This review was modified by Remi1977 on January 19 2016 07:41:06 AM

2015-12-09

"You can give this company an A+ rating in several areas, starting with the product itself, the flexibility in configuration and the responsiveness of the sales team, starting with the fact that they informed me an order I'd placed was for a model about to be replaced with a newer one. They voluntarily gave me the option of re-ordering once the new model arrived (which it did shortly thereafter). From the start to the shipment, the process was smooth and the communication with the ordering, configuration and shipping groups excellent. Never did I have to ask where the order was - they were on top of it all the way.

I normally build my own desktop systems but would easily recommend them to anyone looking for a custom-built notebook or desktop system. They're honest, up-front and very competitive in price. There's little or no reason to go with the "big names" in gaming notebooks any more -- they may be flashier, but the Clevo systems from AVA are about substance -- not flash.

Excellent vendor with top-notch communication.

This review was modified by husky.94 on December 09 2015 05:13:44 PM

2015-12-05

"Having had this desktop for several weeks now, I can happily say that I am satisfied with what AVADirect was able to deliver to me. The computer is faster, stronger, holds more memory, etc. that many options I had available to me for the same price. In addition, the customer service during the production stages of the product was given in a timely, efficient, and patient matter.

If there's anything to complain about the service in general, it's more about the timing that customer service for AVA is actually available. Even if you message them over the weekend through the website's message center, you still have to wait until Monday at the earliest as the company doesn't provide service on either their website or phone over the weekend (and even then the business hours end at 6pm), which means that those with work or school obligations throughout the week may find it difficult to get questions answered quickly (ESPECIALLY if it's about changing your order in any way, like I had to do since my motherboard of choice was not available at the time).

That said, AVA has earned my respect as a consumer and will likely be among my top if not first pick for computer services.

This review was modified by PCmasterrace0 on December 05 2015 04:09:34 PM

2015-12-01

"I wanted a computer and couldn't find one with exactly what parts I wanted in it. After some searching I found the AVADirect web site. They had so many options for customizing a computer and an easy to use web site for building your own customized computer system. I picked out the parts that i wanted in it and 2 weeks later it arrived in prefect shape. I picked out a i7-5930 CPU with 32 GB memory and a GFX 980 Ti w/6GB video ram. It all runs flawlessly and its so good looking. I would definitely recommend to friends and family, as well as ordering another computer for myself if I ever need another one. The Customer Service department is excellent. Quick response time if you/they have questions about your computer in processing.

Thanks for your time,
Kevin Lewis
Proud owner of a AVADIRECT custom gaming rig!

2015-11-30

"Joseph Mundy, assistant sales manager, was beyond helpful over the course of several months as we decided on parts for my professional editing PC. He was both prompt and friendly with his responses and couldn't be happier with my product. A very, very satisfied customer."

This review was modified by DigZag on November 30 2015 09:29:43 AM

2015-11-29

"I purchased a computer from on on-line seller and had issues with it right our of the box. Tech support from the manufacturer was poor and the seller took the computer back no questions asked. Still needing a new desktop, I researched companies and discovered AVADirect. AVA was great to work with.

Here is what I liked about my buying experience with AVA: I was able to customize every component of my computer. They looked an my custom build configuration and noticed that I missed an important item. They were able to make recommendations to keep me on track and within budget. The computer worked right out of the box. I had a question two weeks after I received the computer and their customer service department responded to my email the same day. The wire management inside the case was outstanding. Everything was tied and tucked away so there was no clutter inside the case.

A word of caution for the Amazon Prime people which I am one. Shipping is not free at AVA. However, the computer was very well packaged and undamaged when it arrived. Well worth the money in my opinion. Be prepared to wait for about three weeks. Not easy to do for impatient people like myself. These computers are custom built not mass produced so it does take some extra time. Plus AVA does a 24 hour burn in test before shipping to make sure everything is working correctly. That offers peace of mind which is worth waiting for.

I would recommend AVADirect to anyone looking for a new computer system. You can get the exact components you want and there is no bloatware on the computer unlike most other brands. Customer service is prompt and professional as is the sales staff.

This review was modified by arutha4 on November 29 2015 08:58:56 AM

2015-11-10

"I recently purchased a customized computer system from AVADirect and only have praise for this company. I ordered a system from them 3 years ago and the experience was so satisfying that I chose them again for my most recent computer. Once again, the entire process from start to finish was entirely peasant, efficient and highly effective. Customizing a system with AVADirect's web tools is user-friendly with many unparalleled advantages. The choice and price range of all the available hardware is staggeringly comprehensive. A neophyte up to an expert power user would be more than satisfied with the options.

The sales staff is extremely helpful and patient. After I chose the initial configuration for my system, I reviewed it with an extremely knowledgeable sales representative, Joe Mundy, who provided invaluable suggestions for not only refining the machine, but also lowering the cost. He was extremely courteous, patient and sincere during the considerable time spent with me over the phone before I completed the order online.

The computer arrived 10 business days later in perfect condition. The unit booted right up and in no time I had restored a complicated 6 partition backup and was up and running after some minor tweaking.

I might also add that the technical support staff is also extremely helpful and always available by either email or phone. They have always provided me with the most accurate and expedient assistance with any questions that I have had.

I have been building and customizing computers for the last 23 years through many different venues and websites, yet none of them come close to rivaling the expertise and care demonstrated by AVADirect. What's more astonishing, is the affordable price structure for really top shelf hardware.

I can recommend this company without reservation. I can say with certainty that all my future purchases will be from AVADirect. I have recommended their services to all of my friends and colleagues and none of them have ever been disappointed.

This review was modified by Michael.A on November 12 2015 09:11:02 AM

2015-11-05

"This is my second computer purchase from AVADirect. I will never purchase a computer anywhere else now! The staff is knowledgeable, the service is prompt and the computers are flawless.
If you do encounter a problem they will do whatever is necessary to fix it for you. In this age of "disposable" technology, it is counterintuitive to think of a long life span for your computer, but my first AVADirect computer was purchased over seven years ago and is still going strong! My new computer is even better. Mass produced, big box mediocrity will never enter my world again!

2015-11-05

"Build a beautiful system to specs promised. Delivered at the time promised. Provided personal phone support that was timely and very professional. An entirely positive experience."

This review was modified by RLNellson on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-10-28

"The build quality is immaculate, from cable management to LEDs and shipping. 11/10, AVADurect does amazing work."

2015-10-26

"The quality and variety of the available parts is great and the staff was extremely helpful in choosing which components and getting the order built and shipped quickly. This is my second system for my office I have bought at AVA and been very happy with the build quality and support."

2015-10-01

"Nowadays custom computer companies are a dime a dozen. Making a decision on what one to go with is difficult. There were two other companies that I spoke with before speaking with ava direct. One company I asked for a build between 1,000-1,500 the build was 1,499 and some change when I asked for a build closer to the 1,000 end I received no reply. Another company was dishonest trying to get me to spend more. Much to my surprise when I sent in my build to AVA direct they came back with a lower price! Customer service was friendly and intelligent. When pricing out all the parts for my build, from newegg.com, it was only $178 to have ava build it. The computer runs like a dream, wires tucked away neatly and all spare parts/documentation was given to me as well. The computer was very well protected during shipping. I'm getting my brother a pc for christmas and it will defiantly be from AVA. My review is only so delayed because I believe in actually USING my product before I review it."

2015-09-29

"Fantastic customer service. Suggested change helped create a Menace17 that Maximum-PC would call Kick-Ass."

Share AVADirect Custom Computers's store rating

AVADirect Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AVADirect Custom Computers is a merchant member
AVADirect Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,639 merchant members.