Stores > AVADirect Custom Computers

• checkmark icon FedEx Express

Product & services pricing Rating 7.71/10 7.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.81/10 9.81/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review AVADirect Custom Computers by clicking a star below.
2017-09-16

Excellent service, both before and after the sale!

"Bought a custom configuration from AVA in July, 2014, for semi-professional photography purposes. Enjoyed great help configuring the system from Sales people. Equipment arrived well-tested and easy to set up. Since installation, Tech Supt has helped us on several occasions--for some hard disk failures (Seagate). Support personnel are easy to contact, very knowledgeable and eager to assist. Every time. Staffed in the U.S. by pleasant people whom you can understand, and who are empowered to take action when it is needed. This alone should reassure you in purchasing from AVA, and is a major reason why we'd buy from them again. Put that together with the complete choice of components in your new system, and you have a winning combination."

2017-09-15

AVA-524850, Order date - 6/21/2017, Alfonso Raymundo

"They AVA support group was so great! I get all the info I needed & they even help you pick out the best parts for your dream PC.
+ they still help you out even after you get your PC. I will buy again so see you guys in 6 years

2017-09-15

Solid buying experience

"I used the AVADirect website to design a custom computer for use as a virtual lab. I then connected with Kyle who made recommendations in regards to compatibility and design to better align my choices with my design intent. His recommendation saved me money as well! When the machine arrived I was a little surprised at the case size but quickly grew to appreciate the room and upgradability should I decide to add components in the future. The cabling was tidy and the cooling excellent (and quieter than my mini ITX custom machine from another vendor). I had a couple of post-sales questions that were answered quick and professionally by the support team.

The specifications of this machine ensure my virtualization needs will be met with room for growth. I will return to AVADirect as first consideration for my next custom build.

2017-09-14

Sturdy, fast 17" laptop with a great screen

"3 months ago I purchased a 17" laptop based on a Clevo model from AVA Direct. The Sales & Support rep, Kyle, was extremely helpful in getting exactly the configuration I wanted. After the laptop arrived, I set it up for my wife's use.

This is actually the 2nd Clevo-based laptop I own (the 1st is a 15.6" unit purchased from a different vendor). Both are excellent in terms of physical layout, stability, sturdy construction, and a feeling of being bullet-proof, unlikely to fail.

This 17" is excellent in others ways: it has an IPS panel/screen that is very easy on the eyes, a huge upgrade from cheaper TN panels; has an illuminated keyboard that can easily/permanently be brightness-adjusted (rare to find this in an affordable laptop); and it has been tweaked & configured by AVA Direct in ways that make it easier to use.

Of course I don't know what the future holds--how well this laptop will behave in the coming years. But so far, it gives every indication of being a machine that will quietly go about its business, trouble-free.

Overall, this has been an excellent purchasing experience, and I will definitely consider AVA Direct for my future hardware purchases.

2017-09-13

Amazing Service and Support

"This place is great! I worked with them to build a custom PC for the purpose of 3D rendering. I picked out the parts i wanted then had a talk with them about the purpose of the machine. Kyle was super helpful... he didnt try to sell me on more expensive parts (like other companies i've contacted) but rather helped me fine-tune the part selection within my budget. This ultimately saved me a lot of money on some components so i could upgrade others. I've had the machine for 2 months now with no complaints what so ever. Everything arrived on time and in great packaging for secure travel. If i had to build another custom machine I wouldnt do it with anyone else. "

2017-09-07

Great advice

"Our sales rep Kyle was very knowledgeable and helped us pick the best graphics card for our needs. "

2017-09-01

Great support and purchasing experience

"This was my first purchase from AVADirect and highly encouraging. I'm shopping for Linux appliances/workstations, so understanding the customer support implications is key. I was pleased to find that AVA supports Linux pre-installations and an open-box policy in case you need to access your hardware innards. Thumbs up in particular to Kyle for a great support experience.

AVA's hardware testing and burn in was solid, catching faulty memory hardware early. This took time (nearly one month until arrival), but I'm grateful for the QA. The appliance so far is running rock-solid. Consider me a future returning customer. Thumbs up all around.

2017-09-01

Love my new PC!!!

"My experience was great with AVA! So happy I went through them for my new workstation. There are a lot of options for picking a place to build a custom PC and it was important to find the right place that had it all. This was my first PC build, and I didn't know too much about hardware even with the month or so of researching I did. I'm a 3D animator and wanted to make sure my workflow was seamless, and not have my hardware hold me back. I talked to a few places out there and AVA was defiantly the friendliest, most knowledgeable, and had a very competitive price. Every part of the process was great, down to AVA suggesting part swaps from what I had picked out (not for a more premium part but for what would work best for me). Even after my purchase I am still in contact with them, and they are helping me upgrade my PC even more with great tips and suggestions. When I get my next workstation I'm def going to be coming back!"

2017-08-17

Great experience

"I contacted AVA Direct to get a new machine, after reviewing what was available from the other big name computer manufacturers and not finding a machine that would meet my needs. The people I worked with at AVA Direct were always professional and ready to assist. While the machine was in production, they kept me aware of any potential problems with the build, and I was able to track it's progression through technical review, parts allocation, assembly and testing. I began getting impatient as the build time went outside of what I was told to expect - 10 - 21 days, it ended up being almost a month from order placement to delivery, but I'm not complaining. The honesty and transparency from the sales and support staff is what has impressed me the most. Kyle called the day before it shipped to let me know that one of the monitors I ordered came out of the box damaged, and they didn't have another one in stock, so it would be drop-shipped direct from the supplier. I appreciated the honesty, although I am still waiting for the second monitor to arrive.

On to the machine itself ... that's the star of the show. I opened the chassis to remove shipping materials (very impressive, in my opinion - the foam packing materials cushioning the internal components was nice to see) and inspect the components, and it was everything I hoped for. The machine's performance has (so far) exceeded my expectations - it's fast, stable, robust and powerful.

Great Service, High Quality PC Products & Custom Builds

"I recently purchased my 3rd PC over the last 10 years from AVADirect, and each has been rock-solid. The online interface is not as easy to navigate as some, but a simple phone call to customer service has always provided incredibly helpful answers to my questions. Most importantly, the availability of parts for custom builds coupled with the representatives' expertise re.: best value and compatibility has resulted in 3 of 3 consecutive outstanding custom builds that meet / exceed my expectations and needs. No hesitation in recommending AVADirect."

Exceeded my expectations

"I bought my first ever totally custom-built computer from AVADirect a couple of months ago, and the experience was very interesting. At first, it was a little difficult to figure out how to use their website. But that's mainly because they provide so many options. Once I figured it out, it was a great experience. My only complaint about the build itself was that three of the five case fans were not installed, and I was told they would be installed. However, this was a minor miscommunication that turned out not to be a big deal. I enjoyed the process of learning how to install the additional fans myself, and it increased my understanding of the layout of the system. Overall, the system is very well built, using the premium components that I ordered. There was an obvious attention to detail. The build was very clean and the cables were routed intelligently. And everything worked perfectly right away. No BIOS tweaking was required. I was impressed. During the order process, useful guidance was provided by AVADirect when I had questions comparing specific components. But you have to initiate contact and ask questions. They're very responsive, but it will be a smoother process if you take the time to learn as much as you can before you start engaging them with lists of components and questions. I knew generally what I wanted, but I didn't know very much about case fan brands, CPU coolers, and thermal paste. The guidance that AVADirect provided was extremely helpful. And I think they were right about pretty much everything. The most important part of the transaction, however, was that AVADirect proved to be completely trustworthy. I would definitely buy from them again. I've been playing Witcher 3 (in 4K) at the highest settings. Everything stays cool and quiet, just like I wanted. What a great computer!

My third laptop from AVADirect

"Every one has worked great and lasted a long time. I was not able to find the level of customization I needed anywhere else for these prices."

2017-07-30

Great prices & customer support

"AVADirect provided a great piece of hardware (Clevo P950HR) at an outstanding price, with responsive support. The reason for five stars is a tracking number was provided once the laptop was already at the local post office.. the time in transit was 2-3 days. I would definitely recommend AVADirect to friends & family when the time comes. "

2017-07-08

Custom All-in-One Gaming PC

"They have great communication. When they were needing to consider other options for my specs, they let me know right away and gave me the options. After I told them what I was willing to do, they said that they had an alternative that would make it possible to keep it an all-in-one with the specs I had originally ordered. This extra time, and ordering of an extra part, did not cost me anything. After receiving the computer, and getting it all set up, I can not be happier! It runs beautifully, and I can play games on ultra settings, while recording them and streaming them! This computer should last me a long time, but I will definitely come back when I need another one, and I will recommend AVADirect to all my friends!"

2017-06-01

AVADirect Low-Noise Custom Gaming Desktop

"I found the layout of the website to be easy to navigate when choosing the components for my rig, enabling me to make adjustments to the configuration and instantly see the effect upon the price.

Once having configured the machine to my satisfaction, the rest was the proverbial piece of cake - ordering was simple, the time to build was not overly long, shipment was prompt, and everything arrived in fine shape.

My new PC runs quietly and coolly (an important objective for me), and I expect to happily use it for a long, long time.

Share AVADirect Custom Computers's store rating

AVADirect Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AVADirect Custom Computers is a merchant member
AVADirect Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,431 merchant members.