Stores > AVADirect Custom Computers

• AVADirect Custo AVADirect Custom Computers Elite Status

• Address: General Office AVADirect.com 1750 Highland Rd. Suite 4 Twinsburg OH 44087
    • Contact: sales@avadirect.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.65/10 8.65/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.46/10 8.46/10

2016-11-13

Extremely satisfied

"I was extremely satisfied with the number of options / customizations that were available on their site. After visiting various other computer sites (Dell, HP, Falcon Northwest, Origin PC, iBUYPOWER, CyberPower, and Digital Storm.), I ultimately ended up going with AVADirect and do not regret my decision. I have never owned a desktop before (always been a laptop guy), so I didn't want to build my first one from scratch. I did know what I wanted in my desktop and AVADirect took care of the rest."

This review was modified by atoms360 on November 13 2016 03:07:32 PM

2016-11-11

Super happy reverse switcher!

"I had AVA Direct build a Windows 10 workstation for me to do motion graphics and video editing. I also have an Oculus attached to the system. This is a screaming fast system.

Throughout the process, AVA Direct was top notch. There was a slight delay for my order during the QA process, as the CPU failed to pass the overclock test. I was grateful that they caught it before my system was shipped out. I called a couple of times towards the end of the process as I was anxious for the new box, and the people I talked to were very friendly and helpful.

I will definitely go back to AVA Direct for my next desktop machine.

This review was modified by eoehrl on November 11 2016 01:13:28 PM

2016-11-09

Incredible experience

"Custom PC arrived perfectly assembled and in immaculate condition, the shipping was exemplary."

This review was modified by fdool73 on November 09 2016 06:51:49 AM

2016-11-08

Computer OK, employee not so much

"I ordered a higher end gaming laptop at this time last year. I don't live in the States but planned to pick it up when I visited for the holidays. The laptop was there waiting for me when I arrived in mid-December. That's where everything started to go wrong.

My laptop started, then did not start again. I called support. "M" from support asked me to open my new laptop and try to re-insert the memory card. I tried but failed to get the new laptop open (thinking why am I opening a new product). So, we agree that I'll send it back.

I send it back and, tracking the delivery, see that it has arrived. I call to ask about it. M tells me that, though it may have been delivered, AVA is a large place and it has not reached the tech department. He says he'll call once it has. His tone is condescending.

The next day by noon I have received no call. I call AVA. It's another very polite person in tech. He says that M is at lunch but that he'll have him call me once he has returned from lunch. By 2:30, no one has called. I call M, and he acts as if no one has told him anything about my calling. He simply asks "What can I do for you?" as if he has no idea why I'm calling. I ask about my computer, and he says they haven't gotten to it yet, but that he'll call me when they have looked at it. I wait until 4:30. No call. They're about to close. I call him, and he says it's on the bench and the techs are looking at it. He doesn't know how long that will take.

At this point, even if the computer gets fixed, it is doubtful that it will make it back to me before I leave. M has spoken to me like I'm a child every time I've had contact with him, and I'm done.

I tell him I want a refund.

This seems to get his attention. He's like "Ohhhhh....kay....I'll have to charge you a 15% restocking fee because you ordered this over a month ago. I tell him that is not acceptable. He says that is the rule.

I ask him for the contact number of the person who handles credit card arbitration and calls from the better business bureau. M says that he is that person... I tell M that I want to speak to whoever is above M. He says there is no one above him. I ask him about the owner of AVA. He says "Well, yeah, but he's on vacation." He finally decides that I can contact the head of customer service. We'll call her C.

I contact C, and to make a long story short, she resolves the problem with my computer (incompatability between hardware and memory) AND gets it express shipped to me overnight.

Voila.

She would get a 5-star rating if I had only dealt with her alone. I didn't, and my experience with M is not how I expect to be treated when making an $1800 purchase. I know that the holiday season is coming, and I can't just let this go knowing that someone else might be doing business with AVA and getting the runaround from M, who might very well be a good technician but has no business dealing with customers. Moreover, the idea that he is second in command below the owner is highly unsettling.

I further awarded a low-score for shipping because my computer initially shipped in a state that was not fully functional. M attributed this to not having put enough foam in the shipping box. It had nothing to do with that.

Would I recommend AVA to other computer shoppers?
I'm sorry, but I cannot.

This review was modified by heresmyopinion on November 08 2016 09:48:56 AM

2016-10-19

Customer since 2009 & 3 AVADirect Laptops

"I am currently on my third laptop computer, with all being from AVADirect since my first purchase in 2009 for college. (Other 2 laptops, one I dropped in a college hall, the other bad wiring in apartment blew). Since my first purchase, I have always returned to AVADirect due to their competitive prices, ability to extensively customize their systems, but most importantly to me, their customer service. They are always available via direct call to help troubleshoot any issues, even after the warranty period has passed. This level of customer service that has been a constant since I met the company in 2009 is what will keep me coming back in years to come.
And oh, did I say their systems are perfectly priced?

This review was modified by KylePV on October 19 2016 11:09:06 AM

2016-09-26

Custom builds with vast high quality parts selection at a great price and an awesome service quality!

"Ordered a custom light gaming build (1080p) with GTX 1060 with all the parts I wanted. The selection of parts is vast and has high quality components to choose from. The prices are great as even compared to DIY builds. The machine arrived in a box well packaged outside, and inside the machine was packaged with form to protect the parts from moving around. The machine has been running for over three weeks, and I'm very happy with it! Customer service is very responsive. I will do more future builds with this company!"

This review was modified by ajchen2005 on September 26 2016 08:56:28 AM

2016-09-13

AVA DIRECT and my experience buying the Avalanche II Ultimate

"My experience with your company started off great. Then it went all down hill. The sales staff was very helpful and got a uncommonly large payment processed, through all the troubles. I was happy and was told my system would ship out after a 2 week period. I also received an email (which I still have) letting me know my system would ship in that period. This is a line taken from that email "Your order has been approved by our Accounting Department. Please allow 10-14 business days for us to process and ship your order. If you have any questions regarding your order prior to shipment, please feel free to let us know at any time." So you can imagine my surprise when I called after 2 and a half weeks to find out my system wasn't even being built yet. So I was obviously upset because I had made plans for my new PC and sold my old one. Just to be stuck with nothing now. I was informed then that it would probably be 3 additional weeks! (due to "extensive testing of the system and quality checks." Okay so I finally choke that bullet down. (PC still didn't ship until after 6 weeks....) Then the PC arrives and I'm totally happy! Then the first remote for the LED light controls didn't worked. (Tried 3 new batteries so I knew it was the remote) So I'm stuck with a rainbow color PC, flashing like crazy. They send out a new remote and it works! BUT! The LED strip is two different colors when you pick any solid color and half turns off when you pick blue.... (not to mention the remote only works from 8 inches away.) I also noticed at this point because I have the side case off and am trying to check all the connections that there is some black substance all over the glass tubes. (It did wipe right off) But still where was the testing and quality checks??? Obviously NOT done! I paid 6,300 so I would getting taken care of, not to get my money taken and get thrown aside. Now that you are paid you don't give a damn that I've gone through hell and the problem still isn't fixed and support stopped responding to my emails and picture evidence. Yes I've been complaining this transaction should of been smooth for such a company. (So I thought.)"

2016-08-16

A HAPPY AVADIRECT COMPUTER OWNER

"AVADIRECT gives you the opportunity to build the computer the way you want it. There is no added software, other then what you order. You also have the option of picking the type of case the computer comes in. Very unique.

It is so refreshing not having to contend with all the pop-up reminders and messages that comes with the extraneous software installed on Dell, HP and so on.

My AVADIRECT custom computer has been up and working for 1 week and I have experienced no problem what so ever. I have no reason to think that will change but I want to be fair and up front with this review.

When ordering the computer, I communicated with Mr. Joe Mundy on several occasions and he was always very helpful and accommodating.

I am very satisfied with the computer and would certainly recommend and order other computers from AVADIRECT.

2016-07-05

High End CUSTOM PC Build - Fantastic Customer Care and Quality Work

"You can tell the folks at AVADirect have experience in building Custom PC's. Starting from their webpage, they have every component (and latest!) you can possibly have for a custom PC, including the latest RGB lighting and cases. As PC building becomes more customizable and complex, AVADirect puts you in complete control so you can enjoy having a truly custom PC.

The overall customer service exceeded my expectations, my emails were promptly responded to. The sales representative handled my request for the build, such as which SSD to install Windows on, and allowing me to use my own graphics card. The entire process from ordering to final receipt of the PC was smooth.

The craftsmanship of the build is highly noteworthy because of the attention to detail on the cabling and fan management. The system builders' experience shows as you see the intricate way the cables were managed. The Fan layout exceeded my expectations as I used an All-in-One liquid cooler, and my custom fans were arranged in a push&pull setup, thus allowing optimal cooling and acoustics. The system is so quiet I can't even tell it is running, unless I look at it.

The shipping packaging was more than adequate. The PC itself was packed in the box of the case and then packed into a larger case with air cushions. Inside the PC case, there is foam packing to protect the heavy GPU from moving. There was no way the heavy PC could have been damaged in the way it was packaged.

Finally, the presentation of the PC was very thoughtful to the end customer. When I finally opened it up, I received it without a finger print or smudge on it. In fact, the only ones on it are from my own hands. You can tell there was care in the final presentation to the owner.

I would order again from AVADirect, and will recommend it to anyone.

This review was modified by gu_jimmy on July 05 2016 06:14:32 AM

2016-07-01

A No-Regrets purchase of a solid custom laptop, built and delivered exactly as promised,

"I designed a custom laptop via their website and AVADirect offered guidance and experience on a few adjustments to make it perfect. It wasn't cheap, but the price was fair for what I was asking. The build process started, I was kept informed every step of the way, and the laptop was delivered a little earlier than expected. My son now has a killer laptop, ready for anything the future will throw at him, and I had a painless experience in creating it. I don't do off-the-shelf and I happily grind inexperienced builders, clearance-sale parts, and make-a-buck clowns under my feet. I don't know when I will order my next laptop/desktop, but I know who is going to sell it to me.

I was asked to write a review that encompassed my experience with AVADirect and my experience was a very good one. I received nothing in exchange for these words.

This review was modified by Highfather on July 01 2016 09:09:35 PM

2016-07-01

Absolutely outstanding service and product

"Just wow. AVA has earned my lifetime business. Ordering, customer service, packaging, and everything else has been above and beyond all expectations. Truly superb process and product."

This review was modified by jbartelt on July 01 2016 10:38:48 AM

2016-06-28

The Ultimate Custom Computer Experience!

"What can i really say about how helpful and accommodating the staff at AVADirect are. I ordered my gaming/editing PC from them less then a month ago and already i have been updated weekly as to the processing, construction, and shipping of my computer. Along with that i must have called their customer and technical support lines over 25 times in the last 4 weeks and every time i have been greeted with amazing service and respect as a buyer. I experienced only two hold ups, one being the case i originally wanted was unavailable, so the sales associates emailed me immediately and made me a few suggestions resolving the hold quickly and efficiently, and secondly a payment hold relating to my bank, which AVA alerted me to immediately. I experienced absolutely ZERO problems with the AVA Staff and felt that they were truly there to help me; the consumer.

One of their Sales representatives Joe, i have spoken too more then once and each time he has answered every single question I've had no matter how small or simple. I would recommend AVA direct to anyone looking for a powerful computer for Gaming, Productivity, Work, or even server and storage. Looking for a build on a budget, AVADirect is for you. Great Work AVADirect.

I'd like to thank the staff at AVADirect for making my first custom computer experience an amazing one.

Five Stars hands down wish i could give 6
Sorry i called so much

I look forward to seeing my new computer when it arrives, and i will be sure to leave a second review on its performance and quality.

I intend to shop with AVADirect again very soon.

This review was modified by TAmaral17 on June 28 2016 09:23:18 AM

2016-06-17

Custom I7 System Review

"I purchased our first AVA system in 2010. That was an I5 system dedicated to running Media center. Based on our very positive experience with that computer and service provided with AVA (they sent a replacement fan without question) we decided to upgrade our desktop system (a Dell E510) with a custom I7 system capable of running a high-end R/C flight simulator - also other applications for general use. The purchase experience was positive and AVA suggested replacing the power supply that the system was configured with, with a EVG 650 GQ power supply. After doing some investigation I was very happy with that substitution. The computer arrived, installation was straight forward with no problems since. I am confident in the products that we purchased from AVA and always highly recommend them. Given the price we paid for what we got, we are more than satisfied and would say that the price was very reasonable."

This review was modified by RFatResellRates on June 17 2016 06:25:30 PM

2016-05-18

Expectations exceeded

"Joseph took care of me and fully answered my questions and concerns. The machine was customized to my needs and is flawless in operation and it works with all my other devices with no issue. I chose what I thought I wanted and then asked them to check to see if the parts would conflict and then make further recommendations. EVERYTHING WORKS!"

This review was modified by 6thtrumpet on May 18 2016 08:24:31 AM

2016-05-09

Great computer from a great company

"I recently received a new PC system that I had AVADIRECT build for me. I couldn't have been happier. The system is exactly what I wanted, runs beautifully and it is obvious that great care and attention was put into the system's build, testing and shipping. I would highly recommend AVADIRECT to anyone that is looking into a new PC system."

Share AVADirect Custom Computers's store rating

AVADirect Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AVADirect Custom Computers is a merchant member
AVADirect Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,606 merchant members.