Stores > AVADirect Custom Computers

• AVADirect Custo AVADirect Custom Computers Elite Status

• Address: General Office AVADirect.com 1750 Highland Rd. Suite 4 Twinsburg OH 44087
    • Contact: sales@avadirect.com

Customer service: Rating 8.86/10 8.86/10

What is this?

2016-04-21

One Stop Shop AVA- Custom Built

Got a mid level Fx 6350 Gaming rig Built for myself 2 years ago not one problem so far.My 30 year old son was so impress that he waited for the new Intel 170 chip to come out got him self one built. Learned alot doing research on my first built 2nd one was easier. Dont skimp on the case or power supply heres his built
Corsair obsidian 450D great air flow made well lots of filters & didnt want any problems fitting the Corair Hydro H110i 280mm cooler in it.Thing stays under 40c all the time, No over clocking.Went with I Asus H170 Pro Mother Board -intel i5-6600- 8GB of DDR4 Stuck a GTX 960 4GB FTW Video card in it. 1TB Seagate Hard drive no SSD & a Asus Dvd. To keep the thing running well for many years to come Got the EVGA Supernova 650 G2. Trying to keep the cost down and getting the best bang for the buck while also getting a Computer for my needs I chose AVD - Direct Custom Computers . There Web site is one of the best for custom builds lots of choices and there price is fair.There Builds should be the gold standard. Wire Management "what wires" lol out of the way nice and neat very clean build. Dont forget the Burn test they also do I think its 12 or 24 hrs if its going fail its going fail there . Sum places just slap the thing together turn it on it works and ship it out good luck 6 months later. There Staff is very friendly & Knowledgeable. Will shop there again

This review was modified by Paul2824 on April 21 2016 02:37:50 PM

2016-04-09

Happy AVA Direct Customer

"Ordered a custom build gaming rig. Helpful sales rep was terrific with tech advice. For naysayers, I was able to totally customize this build, and pricing was very reasonable. Customer service very good. Machine arrived with all parts intact and after some QA it booted right up without problems.

I'll be buying other tech from this company in 2016.

This review was modified by Pandora.Harper on April 09 2016 08:15:36 AM

2016-04-07

Very poor/no postsale support

"AVA's idea of 3 years of tech support 3 months out, consisted of not answering emails and telling me by phone that if I had a problem it was caused by something I did. The tower syst. was configured by AVA to my meet my needs as expressed to them by phone. The syst. received had a day one crash problem that could only be recovered from by using the reset button. The problem was resolved independently of (not by choice) AVA by purchasing and installing an upgraded video card at my expense. "

This review was modified by dkhink on April 07 2016 02:21:12 PM

2016-04-02

My dream machine for a great price

"I was able to begin with a barebones PC and play with a seemly endless list of options until I designed an amazing machine at an incredible price. Once my PC was ordered I could check the status as it was being built.

If you want a new PC, and you would like a say in what is inside, do not go to a box store, go to AVADirect!

This review was modified by 47tobyl on April 02 2016 10:29:34 PM

2016-04-01

Ultra high end gaming laptop.

"I've been waiting for a while to pick up a powerful laptop and when Nvidia announced that the gtx 980 ran cool enough to be in a laptop I decided that it was finally time. After shopping around a bit at sites like cyberpower and originpc I was a little disappointed as it seemed I could either get the 980 or a desktop I7 and I wanted to get both. I then saw AVA Direct mentioned in a comments thread on an article about custom pc builders and decided to take a look. I was very happy to find they could not only configure my laptop the way I wanted but could also do it cheaper than some of the other options I had been considering. After placing my order I was quickly notified that the 6700k was on backorder from Intel so I unfortunately had to wait a month for AVA to receive stock. Not something I can blame on them though. Within a week of then receiving the cpu I had my laptop. I have to say the build quality was excellent and it was configured exactly how I had specified and had no bloatware to boot. Couldn't be happier with my purchase and I know if I have a question AVA's service people respond quickly. "

This review was modified by jman2552 on April 01 2016 10:18:12 AM

2016-03-31

Wonderful Experience

"After owning a Dell laptop for many years, it was time (past time) to upgrade, and I started researching various online shops and mfg's. I started with Dell, but was not impressed with the lackluster specs on their more affordable models. I then checked out System 76, which makes computers preloaded with linux. As I was going to install linux anyway, this seemed like a viable path.

As I started to read the review on System 76, I learned that most of their products are rebranded Clevo's. This led me to do a search for the same model Clevo as they use for one of their 17 inch models. This is how I learned about AVA Direct, which sells Clevos.

When I learned that they will preinstall any of a number of linux OS's, it seemed like the perfect choice: a working linux laptop out of the box, with a significant discount from the System 76 offerings. True, they didn't offer service on the OS, and included disclaimers about not guaranteeing compatibility. But, I figured I'd give them a shot and hope for the best.

Purchase was quite easy and straightforward. I chose financing, and the process was simple and fast: I learned immediately if I was approved, and returned to the checkout page to complete my purchase.

After about 3 weeks, the laptop (a Clevo W670RZQ with 6th gen i7 6700 CPU, HM170 chipset with built in graphics, 16 Gigs ram, and 1TB HDD) arrived to my home, and I eagerly stripped away the packaging to get my greedy hands on the prize within. I was impressed first of all with how well it was packaged - triple boxed, with the largest box being large enough that the laptop floated in packing peanuts. As I slowly stripped everything away, placed the laptop on my computer table, and hooked up the power cord, I was struck at how beautiful it was - all glossy surfaces, thin profile. I turned it on, and to my absolute delight I was staring at a full blown Ubuntu desktop within 30 seconds.

Subsequent use has revealed that this Ubuntu install 'just works' with the bleeding edge hardware. Even suspend/resume, which is often tricky on linux, is flawless. True, I've only had it about a week, and have yet to try everything, but everything I've tried so far has worked as expected. This is one fast general purpose computer, and it's really beautiful as well. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

This review was modified by rwinner on March 31 2016 10:28:58 PM

2016-03-15

Thoroughly professional!!

"After many years of buying, and being disappointed with over-the-counter computers, we decided to invest in a custom machine. I thoroughly researched many companies, and ultimately decided on AVADirect because they were willing to make me computer strictly geared to a home office. Most other custom builders seemed to cater to gamers, and high-end graphics, and we really didn't want or need all the "flashing lights and bells and whistles" and they came through with a super machine for a very reasonable price.

They stayed in constant touch throughout the build process, and other than the check-out process which is a little ponderous, everything went smoothly. I highly recommend AVADirect!

This review was modified by Raptor-Fan on March 15 2016 07:11:15 AM

2016-03-10

Great product, smooth ordering process

"Ordered a pre-built Intel NUC. The online ordering process was simple and straightforward. Emails kept me track of my order throughout the entire process. Item arrived well packaged. My computer worked perfectly right out of the box. I would AVA Direct again."

This review was modified by lkbos on March 10 2016 06:38:26 AM

2016-02-23

Almost Great. But it Still Rocks.

"Let me start off by saying I really love my computer. The ordering experience was painless enough but the web site was not the easiest to navigate for me. Once I placed the order and made a couple of changes it was problem free. When the computer arrived I was surprised at how heavy it was. The packing was excellent and I really liked how AVA included the motherboard box and leftover parts. I was disappointed to find the data drive in crooked and the tabs for the holder broken. AVADirect puts a foam packing inside the computer to protect the insides but I suspect that during that process the hard drive was knocked loose and the tabs got broke. I put the hard drive in an unbroken holder and it worked fine. The only other thing that keeps me from making this great is the remote for the inside lighting only works if I take the side panel off and aim it place it directly in the case. I went out and bought a new battery for the remote but this did not help the problem. So I am not so sure that option was worth the extra money. The computer itself works great I have no complaints about its performance. However, if I am ever in the need for another computer I will get one from AVADirect again. Sales was very helpful."

This review was modified by Hoodoo123 on February 23 2016 01:51:51 PM

2016-02-15

Just what I needed!

"I needed a replacement Laptop for one that had a dead GPU from a different seller. AVADirect was able to hook me up with a stripped down Clevo model that I was able to transfer most of my after market parts to. Everything hooked up great and I was very happy with my purchase. 2 year extended warranty for free was the icing on the cake.

There was one small issue with the BIOS configuration but this was a manufacturer issue and not AVADirect, in fact, when I contacted AVADirect's technical support line they were able to get me in direct contact with the manufacture's technical support who was able to identify the problem over the phone and give me the instructions I needed to fix it myself.

10/10 experience for a 10/10 product. I will buy from them again.

This review was modified by Tbreig on February 15 2016 12:16:59 PM

2016-02-12

AVA expertise worth the price

"My computer took a month to assemble, but that was because of a problem with the Sabertooth mobo recognizing the SSD I had requested (had to choose a different SSD) and later a problem with the 3.0 usb ports on the case not working (had to replace them). These were exactly the type of problems that I was leery of encountering if I built it myself, so I was glad AVA had the expertise to solve them. They kept me informed throughout the process. The unit was exceptionally well packaged for shipment and arrived in perfect condition. It is blazing fast, completely silent and very well put together. I am very pleased with Mr. Mundy and the staff at AVA Direct."

This review was modified by mel12 on February 12 2016 07:49:23 AM

2016-02-11

AVADirect did a fantastic job with my new system.

"I received it a week ago. Since setting it up, installing the programs needed, and running it through its paces, I'm very happy and impressed with the results thus far. Quality work. Got everything I asked for and nothing I didn't (no bloatware).

Build time was reasonable considering some of the parts needed to be ordered to complete the build.

Customer service answered all my questions and were quick to reply to them.

Payment with a credit card was a little complicated in verifying the sale, but understandable.

Shipping packaging could be improved though. AVADirect used the original computer tower packaging, which is fine for an empty case but a little risky for a completed system. Nothing critical, but worth mentioning.

Documentation from AVADirect was minimal but contained all the important information from their end. All documentation that was originally included with components were also included (as well as any unused extra component parts).

Despite the fact I'm more then capable of building my own system from the ground up, I really hate doing it. It was my job at one point, so the thrill of it is long gone. AVADirect gave me the best of everything; my own custom build without having to do it myself at a reasonable price for doing so.

I would recommend AVADirect to anyone needing a custom built system.

This review was modified by grendelsden on February 11 2016 09:28:01 AM

2016-02-09

thanks to ava direct!

"For my new PC, it was important that I get a silent PC as the machine is pulling part-time duty in a sound studio. I went with AVA Direct as their website made it easy to put together a build with the parts that I wanted. They even have a section on their website for silent builds which was convenient compared to some of the other websites I looked at. Their prices are very reasonable too compared to some of the dedicated silent PC builders out there (major $$$). Although I usually build my own machines, the price mark up was worth the amount of time I saved in the end. My new machine runs great and is very quiet.

The own downside is that it took about 3 weeks to get my machine but it was well worth the wait. Also, they usually charge for shipping but because of a promo code I was able to get shipping for free. It pays to follow them on social media.

This review was modified by nekrophile on February 09 2016 09:33:17 PM

2016-01-29

Don't waste your time asking them to insall Linux

"My service didn't really start off that great. There was a huge lag in communications and they never bothered to update me on my order status until I would call/email to complain. It took a month and a half to get my computer.

That being said. My biggest complaint is with the Linux install. I intended to install a dual boot myself. Since it was offered, and I was getting a semi-custom computer, I figured what the heck. They will know more about hardware compatibility and it will save me some time making things work. WRONG!!! It took them days to determine that the Ubuntu offered wouldn't work with the graphic drivers - was creating a boot loop. I don't know why they offered the two together on the order form, hopefully they will correct that. I doubt it. Not being picky I said no worry and they installed CentOS 7. Here's where things got more disappointing. Apparently when they install any Linux OS they don't bother checking that they have configured it properly to your computer or that all of the hardware will work. After contacting, I was told they only install Linux, they DO NOT check that it works. Sorry. Mine came with issues related to Wifi and the OS not recognizing the HDMI. I ended up being up to me to troubleshoot and fix these on my own. Not a huge issue except that I paid them to do it so I wouldn't have to. It would have been faster for me to just have installed CentOS 7 myself. So I wasted time and money, ended up waiting longer for my computer, and got really annoyed with the complete lack of customer service. I would not recommend.

This review was modified by Dissappointed_customer on January 29 2016 04:03:42 PM

2016-01-28

Great company.

"Excellent service and products."

This review was modified by mattpalmer1 on April 21 2016 06:17:51 PM

Share AVADirect Custom Computers's store rating

AVADirect Custom Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

AVADirect Custom Computers is a merchant member
AVADirect Custom Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,610 merchant members.