• AT&T Wireless S

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10

"AT&T had a sale on an item, so I bought it as it was a good deal. Several hours later they cancelled my order (and from the looks of it several other people's) and had the gall to blame me for giving them invalid information. However, my name, address, and credit card information are all valid.

Thanks for mining my personal data, AT&T. Way to own up.

modified review This review was modified by mizzack on May 18 2015 07:45:16 AM

"Att offers a promotions gets customers to order it and then Att decides to cancel orders for ridiculous reasons - this time they stated "Unfortunately, we are unable to verify your identity or run a credit check because the personal information that was provided does not match the information that is on file with the credit bureau. For your protection, your order has been canceled." I know my contact were correct. I checked 3 times! This is just their way of false advertising to gain some traffic on their site! RIDICULOUS! "

modified review This review was modified by ruffless on May 15 2015 04:04:28 PM

"I ordered a LG G Watch from AT&T.com. They have plenty of the watch in stock and they cancelled hours later.
Here is their message.

Are you serious????? I am a AT&T Customer and have been for 12 years. I pay my AT&T bill with the same card I paid for the watch. And the AT&T statement matches the shipping and billing address on the card.

I think they let you place order and then they cancel the orders to obtain credit card information. They false advertise and scam credit card information.

AT&T is a horrible company. I will never shop there again.

modified review This review was modified by jimbobby32 on May 15 2015 02:55:19 PM

"Cancelled an order for no reason.
This is not the first time this has happened with AT&T.
Avoid at all costs.

"Of necessity after a move, I've had to go with AT&T wirelesss and AT&T Uverse. I have never had worse service in my life. Just the other day, I couldn't get Netflix to work on either TV, so I called 611. In about twenty minutes, over the phone, the tech made a change in my router to avoid channel interference. It works now, but not always. But then when I got a bill, they had charged me $90 for the tech call. Why should I have to pay them to solve THEIR problem. I continue to get at least two bills from them every month, and the amount is never the same as the month before, which I expect it to be. Their website is horrible. You have to login several different times, with different login ids and passwords, to get to where you want. I've given up trying to use their website."

"Damon, contacted me and AT&T took care of everything and gave me an account discount. He saved the day. Thank you for someone who took the time to double check"

modified review This review was modified by irishtlk924 on May 04 2015 01:57:45 PM

"This review is for AT&T's Wireless service itself, not a particular store. They claim to have the strongest LTE coverage around. That isn't true at all here in Cincinnati, Ohio. I can only get one bar where I live, and if I'm inside, I get no service. Due to the poor reception, I have very slow data and get a lot of dropped calls. A lot of times, my phone won't ring when someone tries to call.Their network is not reliable at all. You can be right next to a tower, and you won't even get full strength. I have found Verizon to be a lot stronger. There are other dead zones I have found in the area as well. The zip code here is 45255 and the nearest intersections are Eight Mile Road and Woodruff Road and Hopper Road and Eight Mile Road. Now that there is foliage on the trees, the coverage is even worse. I've tried for months using their Mark The Spot app to show the dropped calls and poor reception, calling tech support and emailing their customer service, but the problems are still happening. They won't do anything to fix these problems. "

modified review This review was modified by ohioguy513 on April 24 2015 09:27:41 PM

"The worst experience I have ever had, took three hours to get an order done on line I might add, then was misled on charges and activation of free tablet that I did not want. So after seeing the charges I called to cancel it took me 3 more hours on hold, got disconnected once calling a phone company you might think their lines quality would better than avenge Joe lines, and couldn't cancel it for so many different reasons so $80 tablet will end up costing in the thousands after 2 years contract!!! way to go AT&T keep misleading people."

modified review This review was modified by sammy1969 on April 15 2015 09:26:29 AM

"Awful, really awful. Wireless services and cable services are a form of modern day indentured servitude. Anyone know of an alternative? Me neither... Ugh."

"Hate this company.

Throttlers.

I pay an outrageous price for a measly 6 mb/s, the same price that I paid for 35 mb/s with mediacom, but unfortunately after I moved, I had no choice.

First of all, I never get 6mb/s. Second of all, I'm being throttled, I come home late a lot, I can never get netflix to stream, and I can hardly load any websites.

I'm not a technologically illiterate person, yes I have my devices connected properly, your Internet services just suck. And I believe it's intentional.

I have had an incredibly bad experience with this company and if I had any choice, which I will soon, I will be switching my providers.

modified review This review was modified by willoliver4403 on March 13 2015 10:59:21 PM

"I tried to add another line to my account. I contacted AT&T 5 times and each time obtained different and conflicting information.
This customer "services" is horrible, incompetent as incompetent can be, and neglient to customer needs.
I may only recommomed anyone who can avoid this company not to sign up with AT&T.
One star is too much. It simply overrates the competence of the indivuals I was in touch with.

A few minutes after posting this comment and sending an email to AT&T customer service, L.A., a manager from AT&T Social Media Team called, appreciated my concerns and was able to fix the problem promptly and in a very friendly manner. Thanks a lot, L.A.

modified review This review was modified by mu_hkz_rotenburg on February 21 2015 12:50:27 PM

"This company has the WORST, I mean the WORST customer service on the face of the planet! I don't know how the hell such an inept, stupid ass, ass- backwards company stay in business with such horrible customer service. Are we that desperate and masochistic for phone service. After 2 freakin hours, 54 min and 13 secs, I finally got one smart person to solve my problem which was -- Ready for this? Simply to disconnect my phone and internet service and let me pay an outstanding balance. Yes, folks. That's all I wanted, but in ATT worlds of business, you have to be looking to get a person with an actually thinking brain on the phone to do something as simple as this request. I really hope that this company disappears just like Blockbuster's and Wolf Camera did... They SUCK so damn bad!!!"

modified review This review was modified by gapeach4 on January 17 2015 12:54:09 PM

"AT&T has the worst business ethics I have ever herd of. I currently pay for unlimited internet and lately my internet has been running slow like dial up slow! After talking to a customer service rep. I was informed after using so much data they restrict my internet speed to save on data. Hello I'm paying for UNLImTED! There solution was to buy it by the gig. I will be canceling my service and going to a provider who will supply the service I pay for. AT&T are con artist as far as I'm concerned and should be held responsible for not providing a service that they sell"

"April of 2014 AT&T was replacing a defective phone by gifting me a new phone of another kind. At the time they were out of the one I wanted, so I paid the difference for the upgrade to 32GB. I was told that the phone was mine, but as I'm now cancelling my service contract I've found out that they connected the device to my contract and didn't make me aware of this- I was told the phone was mine, nothing about it being tied to a contract.
I called today to pay my ETF fee, which took me speaking to 2 csr's and 2 supervisors before they would even take my money, as set up service with another carrier (1/2 the price for more of everything!) and they refuse to unlock my phone. All of the CSRs I spoke with previously this week told me that once I paid it would be unlocked, but omitted the fact that there would be a ridiculous and completely inappropriate wait causing me to be without service. I have now been told by a supervisor, Alex -Employee ID# B7S6G97, that he "Cannot have me on the line contradicting everything he says." after I stated they "are able to alleviate this, but clearly refuse to.", and then rushed me off the phone as though I was now a waste of his valuable time.
I will not have an unlock code until 5 days from now, preventing me from using my own phone. This is going to cost me as many days with the new carrier, not to mention the 3 days it took me fighting to get this far.
All but the last 2 reps I spoke with were, at least, professional. This is the only positive thing I can say about AT&T in my 2.5 years with their service. My $255.00 ETF fee is paid, I owe them nothing and yet my phone, and therefore service, are hostage to AT&T and their asinine "policies"... this took 5.5 hours over the last 3 days of my time, and this is still unresolved.

modified review This review was modified by ATT_SUX on December 19 2014 04:05:38 PM

"Ok I need to start from the beginning:
I was previously using at&t and I had no issue until I wanted to transfer my service. I called at&t to cancel my internet service at my old apartment and that I will like to transfer the service to my new apartment + additional service for cable. They took down all my instructions and gave me a date (Saturday) for instalment. On the said date, nobody showed up, I waited all day but no sign of any call or technician from at&t so ofcourse I spent my whole weekend in my new apartment with no internet and cable connection.
Back at work on Monday, I called at&t, they apologized and gave me another date (Tuesday), I mentioned I wouldn’t be chanced cos I would be at work. The agent told me not to worry that there is no need for me to be at home that the technician will do the connection and once I get home, I should just plug my box (I thot they had an advance technology that would make that possible not knowing he just wanted me to signed up for the package for the reason I don’t understand). At the said time, the technician called me and said he was at my apartment, I told him wat the agent told me but he said there is no way he could do any connection without me being there. So ofcourse we had to cancel the 2nd appointment.
I called at&t again and they gave me another appointment for Thursday. I told them they needed to come this time around cos am tired of their disappointments. I was again reassured. On Thursday my appointment was supposed to be from 1-3, I left work at 12 with the hope that once my internet is connected I can then work the rest of the day at home. At 2pm still no technician or call. I then received a call from at&t asking about my experience with the service, I said wat service that am still expecting the technician. The agent said it is showing that my service is already installed, I then asked to which address ??? He gave me the address to my previous apartment (can you imagine). He said the technician said the apt maintenance opened the door for him. My question is:
- The technician for the 2nd appointment said there was no way he could install the equipment without my presence but the technician for the 3rd appointment went ahead to install the equipment:
o In a wrong apartment
o In my absence
o Without giving me a call as they earlier told me I would be receiving a call from the technician.
- How stupid is that ???
So I told him that was my old apt and I had previously called a week ago to book a transfer of service appointment and I supplied them with my new address before. I asked him if the agent can cancel the service in the wrong address and come down to install in my new apartment cos my boss is expecting me to log on to my computer from home and that I really need the internet. That was at about 2:40pm. The agent told me they have to reschedule and that the technician cant come to my new apartment that day (my new apartment is just 5mins away from my old apartment). So I told them I wanted to cancel my entire service with at&t, he transferred my call to a specialist and she went ahead to cancel my service without an apology.
I then called Comcast that I never had interest in before. Comcast told me that if I want the service to be installed on that day, I should drive down to the nearest Comcast office, she gave me the address, I went down and I picked up the equipment for both my internet and cable. That was about 5:30pm, I finally installed it myself with the Comcast agent on the phone helping me out.
I am very disappointed in AT&T or whatever they call themselves, I was stressed, frustrated, and they wasted my whole day including previous failed appointments. I don’t think I will ever have any business to do with at&t AGAIN !!!

modified review This review was modified by moon111 on December 19 2014 12:08:58 PM

Share AT&T Wireless Services's store rating

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member
AT&T Wireless Services does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!