• Rating 1.83/10 20 reviews

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member
    AT&T Wireless Services does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • AT&T Wireless Services contact information

"I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4 online from AT;T. They did not tell me my 14 day time period for exchange started when I ordered not when I received it. I have tried to like this phone but cannoI wanted to return it and get the iphone 5. I was out of the time frame so they said no. I was shifted from one person to another for over an hour.. I still have the Samsung. They refuse to do anything for me even though I have been a customer since the days of car phones not just cell phones. Now I am stuck with a phone I hate for 2 years unless I want to pay an additional $335 to get out of contract. That's on top of the $200 plus I paid. Customer service needs to reevaluate their practices. When my contract is up I'm done with them."

modified review This review was modified by JakiR on August 07 2013 11:22:25 AM

"In the past, I have not had TOO many problems with AT&T - I high bill here and there, a "pro-rated charge" or two, but today I am very miffed! We bought the iPhone insurance through AT&T because we figured it would save us some money in the long run. Well today, my husband cracks his screen and it needs to be replaced - come to find out the deductible to replace the phone is the EXACT same price as it is to replace the phone at the Apple store! So tell me, what is the point in even having the insurance?! We won't be making that mistake again, that's for sure!"

"I placed an order for an upgrade and received the phone which was defective. I called in and was told to simply place the return label on the box and send it back. I sent it back and AT&T received the returned phone on 11/02/12 but still my refund has not been issued and still the 2 year contract has not been removed. I have called numerous times to be told the refund will be issued and the contract has been removed but it has not been removed. They lie so much that sometimes you really think they are truthful. They still have my money and they have the phone. I hate AT&T!!!!!!"

"Over the period of one week I went tru at least 40 different calls and I belive I made 360degree loop around the world: Talking with people from Philipines; Indida, numerous US states Virginia, North and South Carolina; Vinsconsin; Texas, Arizona, California. I am existing DSL customer who was trying to swithc to U-verse service. AT&T is so big that it comes to the point it doesn't care any more about they existing customer. Just to give example for last 24 hours whant I had to go thru: First yesterday September 17th I had technician coming to install line at my home. He came and was giving me run around how he needs another technician to come and check the meter room. He left my apartment telling me that everything is OK and I can start with registration process after 8:00pm. Sure enough I tried and didn't work out went for about 45 minutes being on hold until I got technical support from india who spent with me about 1hour and 15 minutes without success installing U-verse service; He told me that I have to wait until midngight and for sure I will be able to conect; At 0;40am I tried again and sure enough no service again. In the morning I calld AT&T who told me that they have to schedule another apointment this time for Friday September 21st; I told them that technician was already at my home and I been told that "switch" has to be turned on from the central office. I went to the corporate office and spoke with store manager who spent about 1;15 minutes talking with different technical support people. Outcome was the same: no service people were vry apologetic but botom line no U-verse internet. At this point of time I am gettng frustrated and tired and thinking after 12 years being with AT&T to go to other vendor Comcast. In every of my conversation I was trying really hard to get phone number from someone at corporate office in Texas and answer always was:"we do not have number but they were giving me the same 800 that is general number for AT&T. I am really upset and I know that if I do this at my work place with customers I would loose my job. I hope that this review is going to get to someone who is decision maker atAT&T and finally I can give them all notes and how many people I have to go thru just to switch from one service to the other. "

"This review is about AT&T's lack of customer service and how they ruined my otherwise blemish-free credit score. I had just moved to a new place and I ordered AT&T internet. The modem was shipped to me, but it never arrived. Tracking info, however, said it was delivered to my door. I was home the entire day it was supposedly delivered. I never heard a truck pull up and my dog never barked. AT&T would not file a claim for the lost modem. I cancelled my service within the allotted time and they sent a bill for the modem to my OLD address. I didn't know the bill existed until several months later when I was about to leave for Basic Combat Training with the Army and I saw the collection on my credit report. Not that I would have paid for something I did not receive anyway.

I tried contacting AT&T customer service, but their best methods for contacting them are only for current customers. When I would send general inquiries to customer service I was ignored. This was in early 2009. Since then the unpaid account has been sold to two more debt collectors and each time it was sold, the date of the debt was updated so it looks as though it was recent. I don't know how it's supposed to fall off my credit report after 7 years if they keep updating the date. Thanks to this once instance I will never use AT&T for anything! Not internet, not phone, nothing.

"are they cheating on the reviews? there is no way they can be rated this high

anyways they overcharge me on my monthly contracts, when I purchased a new phone it doesn't work I personally contacted 10 different supports and even went to local retailed stores they told me they don't know and I should return the phone and pay the restocking fee and don't buy that phone again?

Rating 8/104/5

"I had no trouble ordering and getting a GoPhone . . . twice. And I had no trouble returning them to the local store for full refund."

"AT&T Wireless...the worst experience I have ever had with a cell phone service. I have went through 4 models and 6 phones in 1 year. Customer Service is RUDE. Constantly put on hold and hung up on. After the last phone (mind you none of my phones are damaged in any way)they tried to tell me to upgrade my phone and pay for it, on top of extending my contract that I cannot wait to get out of. I was getting the run around from person to person, department to department. I would not tell anyone to even consider going to AT&T, the service is horrible, the bills are outrageous. "

Rating 4/102/5

"I've not been very happy with my wireless service because every time that I need to use it, I can't get a signal, or it drops the signal repeatedly. I've thought many times about throwing the cell phone in the trash but haven't done so yet. The problem is most likely related to my geographical location, but I don't plan to move just so I can use a wireless phone.

I went with AT&T in the beginning because of the little map I was shown by their sales rep indicating that my area is covered by them, and it is, but apparently not very well. I keep thinking I should just stop the service, but I'm not so sure that anyone else provides any better service for this local area. Hopefully, things will improve before I toss the two cell phones and cancel the service, but I won't be holding my breath. Hopefully it works better for the rest of the subscribers.

That said about the service itself, I'm not fond of their website, either, so I rarely login. In the end, I'll probably just stick with them a while longer and see how things go.

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered a refurbished iPhone for my daughter's account. Smooth and easy processing. The AT&T site makes upgrades easy. Price was OK, but entailed 2-year contract extension. Delivery was MUCH quicker than expected. I've been using them for over 3 years now and have always had very good service. Policy and price changes have been a minor annoyance."

modified review This review was modified by joshbeamen on December 13 2009 10:24:37 AM

"I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and AT&T Wireless has horrible 3G service here. The network is very unreliable. I have a brand new iphone and am always having dropped calls, missed voice and text messages, spotty reception and a lot of dead zones, terrible voice quality where there is crackling and interference in the line when I make a call, and times when the phone won't even ring. I never had problems like these when I was with Verizon. AT&T's customer service line is useless-I have called them several times about problems I am having and nothing is ever done to fix them. Nobody at that company cares about customers, it's all about the money. Their towers are being overloaded and there aren't enough of them to handle all of the voice and data calls being made. AVOID them-you will have nothing but problems. Look online, there are a ton of bad reviews for AT&T Wireless. "

"I am active duty military. Aprox 4 years ago I was deployed overseas. I contacted AT&T about how to suspend my service while deployed. I was told to fax a letter from my command verifying my deployment (it included contact information to verify my deployment) and they would suspend my account while deployed. I deployed for several months and upon returning I attempted to reactivate my account. I was then informed that my account had not been suspended, I was behind 541$ and my account had been turned over to a collection agency. I was unable to make any headway with AT&T over the phone so I went to a local AT&T store for help.

I went to a store in San Clemente, California and the personnel in the store were very helpful. It took several hours over 2 days and included the manager of the store getting so upset with the AT&T folks over the phone he actually cursed and screamed at them. I was given a new account (as the AT&T reps on the phone said my account could not be reactivated until I had settled that account). I was also to told to refax a copy of the letter to AT&T. I refaxed the letter.

Aprox 1 year later I pulled my credit report. I found that I had a negative entry on it from AT&T. I again went to a store front and spent 2-3 hours with a store rep helping me talk to the AT&T folks. Once again the actual store front personnel were very helpful. Once again I got the same talk from the AT&T reps over the phone. I was told it would be cleared by November 2007.

I did not check to see if situation was resolved as I was deployed, yet again, to a war zone. 2 years later and a couple more war zone deployments I transfered to the east coast. About 2 weeks ago I got a call from a bill collector about owing this money. 2 days ago I went to a AT&T store in Virginia Beach where the store personnel were once again helpful. I was placed on the phone with an AT&T rep who I explained my situation to. After a lengthy delay I was told that they could not discuss my account with me. The AT&T rep agreed that it was AT&Ts mistake and that they were in the wrong. But they would not discuss the problem with me and that the company would do nothing to assist me.

Long story short. AT&T took civil action against me (violation of the Soldier's and Sailors relief act), are exhibiting poor business ethics and are generally acting wrong. I would like to have this removed from my credit report and get an apology from AT&T for this poor behavior.

"I ordered a Go phone (Pay as You Go) service with a Refurb phone and order booking was smooth and i have recieved the order confirmation email. within few minutes i have recieved another email saying order has been cancelled saying you have exceeded number of connection or we are not able to verify your information. This is the first ATT connection i ever applied( I recently came to USA)
this happed over and over (almost 5 times) i called customer serivce and they put me on hold for 20+ minutes and told me the same reason mentioned in the email.

Don't go by what you see on online deals.They may be out dated.

Keep away try buying from a retailer who can give better deal and better service.

"Needed a new phone without paying an outrageous sum, found a great deal on 2 prepaid phones. The shipping was a little ridiculous, as I received three separate 2-day DHL packages (hmm, why does the monthly service cost so much??) eventually containing 2 phones, car/wall chargers, soft cases, and SIM cards. Overall from the time the phones were ordered the shipping didn't take long at all, maybe 5 days. I was emailed and updated every step of the way, although I was never really sure what was coming since they use product codes instead of layman's descriptions on the invoices."

"This is the worst customer service organization I have ever delt with. Each time I called, I got a different call center with different promotions. It's like working with 12 different wireless phone companies instead of one. When I went into one of their street stores, they were unwilling to help, because I purchased over the phone, which of course is a "different department". It's amazing they are a communications company. If you have a complaint, call the President's Office of Complaints, 800 498 1912 ext 50204."

modified review This review was modified by doinker on June 02 2007 10:45:01 AM