Product & services pricing Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"April of 2014 AT&T was replacing a defective phone by gifting me a new phone of another kind. At the time they were out of the one I wanted, so I paid the difference for the upgrade to 32GB. I was told that the phone was mine, but as I'm now cancelling my service contract I've found out that they connected the device to my contract and didn't make me aware of this- I was told the phone was mine, nothing about it being tied to a contract.
I called today to pay my ETF fee, which took me speaking to 2 csr's and 2 supervisors before they would even take my money, as set up service with another carrier (1/2 the price for more of everything!) and they refuse to unlock my phone. All of the CSRs I spoke with previously this week told me that once I paid it would be unlocked, but omitted the fact that there would be a ridiculous and completely inappropriate wait causing me to be without service. I have now been told by a supervisor, Alex -Employee ID# B7S6G97, that he "Cannot have me on the line contradicting everything he says." after I stated they "are able to alleviate this, but clearly refuse to.", and then rushed me off the phone as though I was now a waste of his valuable time.
I will not have an unlock code until 5 days from now, preventing me from using my own phone. This is going to cost me as many days with the new carrier, not to mention the 3 days it took me fighting to get this far.
All but the last 2 reps I spoke with were, at least, professional. This is the only positive thing I can say about AT&T in my 2.5 years with their service. My $255.00 ETF fee is paid, I owe them nothing and yet my phone, and therefore service, are hostage to AT&T and their asinine "policies"... this took 5.5 hours over the last 3 days of my time, and this is still unresolved.

modified review This review was modified by ATT_SUX on December 19 2014 04:05:38 PM

"Ok I need to start from the beginning:
I was previously using at&t and I had no issue until I wanted to transfer my service. I called at&t to cancel my internet service at my old apartment and that I will like to transfer the service to my new apartment + additional service for cable. They took down all my instructions and gave me a date (Saturday) for instalment. On the said date, nobody showed up, I waited all day but no sign of any call or technician from at&t so ofcourse I spent my whole weekend in my new apartment with no internet and cable connection.
Back at work on Monday, I called at&t, they apologized and gave me another date (Tuesday), I mentioned I wouldn’t be chanced cos I would be at work. The agent told me not to worry that there is no need for me to be at home that the technician will do the connection and once I get home, I should just plug my box (I thot they had an advance technology that would make that possible not knowing he just wanted me to signed up for the package for the reason I don’t understand). At the said time, the technician called me and said he was at my apartment, I told him wat the agent told me but he said there is no way he could do any connection without me being there. So ofcourse we had to cancel the 2nd appointment.
I called at&t again and they gave me another appointment for Thursday. I told them they needed to come this time around cos am tired of their disappointments. I was again reassured. On Thursday my appointment was supposed to be from 1-3, I left work at 12 with the hope that once my internet is connected I can then work the rest of the day at home. At 2pm still no technician or call. I then received a call from at&t asking about my experience with the service, I said wat service that am still expecting the technician. The agent said it is showing that my service is already installed, I then asked to which address ??? He gave me the address to my previous apartment (can you imagine). He said the technician said the apt maintenance opened the door for him. My question is:
- The technician for the 2nd appointment said there was no way he could install the equipment without my presence but the technician for the 3rd appointment went ahead to install the equipment:
o In a wrong apartment
o In my absence
o Without giving me a call as they earlier told me I would be receiving a call from the technician.
- How stupid is that ???
So I told him that was my old apt and I had previously called a week ago to book a transfer of service appointment and I supplied them with my new address before. I asked him if the agent can cancel the service in the wrong address and come down to install in my new apartment cos my boss is expecting me to log on to my computer from home and that I really need the internet. That was at about 2:40pm. The agent told me they have to reschedule and that the technician cant come to my new apartment that day (my new apartment is just 5mins away from my old apartment). So I told them I wanted to cancel my entire service with at&t, he transferred my call to a specialist and she went ahead to cancel my service without an apology.
I then called Comcast that I never had interest in before. Comcast told me that if I want the service to be installed on that day, I should drive down to the nearest Comcast office, she gave me the address, I went down and I picked up the equipment for both my internet and cable. That was about 5:30pm, I finally installed it myself with the Comcast agent on the phone helping me out.
I am very disappointed in AT&T or whatever they call themselves, I was stressed, frustrated, and they wasted my whole day including previous failed appointments. I don’t think I will ever have any business to do with at&t AGAIN !!!

modified review This review was modified by moon111 on December 19 2014 12:08:58 PM

"I was just fooling myself with AT&T service have nothing and they're such liar. They didn't even help me at all plus my internet service sucks cuz they said I live to far from there service. They're full bullshit I live in Fresno and they said my service is far. What a dumb-ass cuz the phone provider is in town. "

"ATT Customer Service SUCKS!!!!!! Whether at the store or calling the 800 number....these people SUCK!!!!!! I called customer service & was informed that I had a month to month agreement with my new service. I go to the store in a Huntsville, Tx & the jerk tells me that I'm under a 2 year agreement. I call back to customer serv & informed them that one line is on month to month & the other line is a 2 year agreement. They said that they can't undo anything until I go back to the store & then the store tells you to call cust serv! What tha???!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Simjc23 on October 31 2014 06:37:58 PM

"I was looking to lower my monthly cell phone bill. I have 4 people on my service now. I went to AT&T, they had a great deal which I made them repeat to me 3 times what the monthly charge would be and also had then write it down, I also had my 18 year old son with me so there would be no question. All was good till I got my first cell phone bill! Nothing quoted to me was true, after calling AT&T and speaking to several people and managers (very rude managers) Customer service reps were ok to deal with, managers so unprofessional dealing with upset customers! I took everything back within the 14 day trial period, but i owe close to $700 for the two week period I used the phones!!! AND THEY WONDER WHY I'M IRATE!!! $700 for two weeks use, didn't go over any data, text or cell phone usage. I'm dealing with the attorney general right now and AT&T has referred me to a collection agency. I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH TO STAY AWAY FROM AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!! "

modified review This review was modified by cyndyyyy on October 01 2014 07:47:02 PM

"AT&T I thought was a great service for about a year and then they turned into total rip-offs. My bill is inconsistent ever since I bought a new phone from them. They changed everything in my original package. Even the account. I would stay away from them as I have been trying to set it up right but it seems hopeless. Ever since I bought a new phone for my wife I will have to pay a additional 70 dollars. Why? There is no reason. If you bought a new phone would you buy it knowing your rate will be an additional 70 dollars every month? "

modified review This review was modified by Charlie_I on August 31 2014 02:29:20 AM

Dr.Tommy's Avatar
California

"Use any other company for your cell phone needs before you use AT&T! I would use a prepaid phone, a payphone (If they still had them) or send hand written letters in the mail before ever going back to this company!

Inconsistent billing, charges and added on services never asked for almost monthly! Dealing with their "Customer Service" agents over the phone, or in person is a joke!

2 year contracts, and a $40.00 fee when it's time for a "Free" upgrade? Oh yeah, and another 2 years you are stuck with nothing but problems and handing out money for things/services you didn't want/use. I actually think there was a charge on one of my bills, because I drove by their store! LOL!

They also make sure that if you get a cell phone from them, that it is impossible to use it through another carrier/company because of their factory lock on their phones. Well, not impossible, because I was able to tell AT&T to....Well, kick rocks, because I found a company online to unlock the factory lock with an unlocking code, and am now able to use the $700.00 Samsung Galaxy Mega I purchased from AT&T with any other carrier/company I want to! And, it's legal! Take that AT&T!

I also don't see how they get away with the prices they charge for accessories!? Amazon, Ebay, and kiosks at the mall will hopefully put them out of the accessory business! As far as cell service, hopefully by you using a better company than AT&T will just....Put them out of business altogether!

Oh, if you have an AT&T phone that needs to be factory code unlocked so that you too can go wherever you want to, go to....theunlockingcompany.com They will have a code in your email inbox for you to unlock any phone at all, my order only took 5 minutes to arrive, I unlocked it, and am now happier than ever with my new carrier! theunlockingcompany is also on this site, so check them out.

No, I do not work for theunlockingcompany, and was not asked by them to even mention them. They were just so helpful, and I hate AT&T so much, I just thought I would help you all out if you thought you were stuck with an AT&T phone and service you couldn't use/activate somewhere else. Sorry (Not really) AT&T but they can, and hopefully will!

"Every month, we spent A LOT of time fixing the recurring problems ATT calls us for both for our cell phones and U verse. Here are some of the problems I can remember. (There are so many, I may have forgotten the little issues they bug us with)

1. EVERY MONTH We receive a phone call from AT&T saying that our payment cannot be processed and we have to pay a let fee. Once, maybe 8 months ago one of our credit card had expired. Then we gave us the new credit card info which was active. All the other companies process their payment automatically from this account but not AT&T. Now it is in our monthly schedule: We will receive a phone call from them, talked to them for an hour or more until they can figure it out, apologize and promise that this will not happen again.

2. We have a land line because we have no cell phone reception at home. Every few months our u verse breaks down. Either it completely breaks down or we start losing our internet connection whenever we use our landline. It takes At&t some time to send someone to fix it. This happens AT LEAST EVERY 6 months.

2. Although AT&T phones do not have reception in our building and thus we are not provided the service they promise to provide in our contract, they did not let us cancel our account without a substantial cancellation fee.

3. I don't have a smart phone but I keep getting charged for internet usage by ATT.

4. ATT keeps changing my plan. Their explanation for this is that my current plan was a promotion and it automatically went back to its original condition - without letting me know. When I realize that I am charged for internet which I cannot possibly use with my phone, I call them and find out that there are many other plans for customers like me. But of course since they made the change in the plan without asking me I had no idea.

5. Because At&t phones are not made well, before my contract ends my phone breaks down. So I buy a new phone, so two year contract starts again. This way I had to use att for 4 years now. Even if you buy another brand phone, if something happens to it and you have to buy a new one, you will not be able get out of this nightmare that is At&t.

I am really tired and sick of new problems AT&t brings to our life each month. I'm tired of calling them to fix these issues every month. I look forward to the day my contract ends with them.

I recommend everyone to STAY AWAY from this mess.

modified review This review was modified by gnmb on July 22 2014 09:27:01 AM

"There is a 81 yr old man I take care of who lives alone. His wife recently passed. His son happen to be away this week on business. Well somehow ATT confused a pymt made and applied it to the wrong acct paying the old mans internet and not his cell phone. Needless to say his cell was shut off over $70 I might add. His son was returning home by Monday. I called ATT to see if they could just put his phone back on for 3 days til his son got back to situate everything because the old guy does not have any of his credit cards or bank info, his son takes care of all that. So asked them to cut the guy a break for 3 days. NO! They could not do anything with out this little $70 pymt. I explained how he is an older guy and if he had an emergency he needed a way to get a hold of someone if something happen. ATT guy- NO! I explained to the ATT guy to check his records and how he has had them for the longest time and never ever missed a pymt... Did not matter, ATT guy would do NOTHING to help with this mans safety til his son got back in THREE days!! I think ATT forgets that if it were not for US the PEOPLE they would not be who they are today. If everyone told ATT to go F themselves ATT would be bankrupt, they would be nothing. WE the customers pay their paycheck not anyone else, US! It is sad that they only look at their customers as money and can not consider the safety of someone. We were not asking for weeks or months we asked for 3 days. ATT is a pathetic company and I for one am definitely getting rid of my cell phones, cable and internet with them. They do not deserve my money that is for sure."

modified review This review was modified by Verydisturbed on March 27 2014 06:35:17 PM

"AT&T has to be the worst business on the planet. They have lied to us and attempted to trick us into contracts we did not even agree to renew. Run far away from them! And do NOT let them pull up changes or new plans on their store computer- they will change your plan before you even agree. We had to sit almost 2 hrs in their store to change our plan back to what we had before. Would not even try to fix the lie that the store worker even admitted that a phone rep had done!! Stay far far away!!"

modified review This review was modified by Angie67 on March 07 2014 05:35:04 PM

"I would give A ZERO if it was avail . Worst customer service EVER !This company double billed me for the months of May/June 2013 owing me 100.00. They told me things like ...we have a "NO REFUND policy", "it is past the 90 days so we cannot credit you" . "If you leave /term you will forfiet the money we owe you". " Its your fault " "you paid visa phone and auto pay".

Endless awful service. Long hold times b4 speaking with someone and I was bounced around from billing to customer service for 2 hrs straight .

modified review This review was modified by v6lop on October 03 2013 09:33:11 AM

"I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4 online from AT;T. They did not tell me my 14 day time period for exchange started when I ordered not when I received it. I have tried to like this phone but cannoI wanted to return it and get the iphone 5. I was out of the time frame so they said no. I was shifted from one person to another for over an hour.. I still have the Samsung. They refuse to do anything for me even though I have been a customer since the days of car phones not just cell phones. Now I am stuck with a phone I hate for 2 years unless I want to pay an additional $335 to get out of contract. That's on top of the $200 plus I paid. Customer service needs to reevaluate their practices. When my contract is up I'm done with them."

modified review This review was modified by JakiR on August 07 2013 11:22:25 AM

"In the past, I have not had TOO many problems with AT&T - I high bill here and there, a "pro-rated charge" or two, but today I am very miffed! We bought the iPhone insurance through AT&T because we figured it would save us some money in the long run. Well today, my husband cracks his screen and it needs to be replaced - come to find out the deductible to replace the phone is the EXACT same price as it is to replace the phone at the Apple store! So tell me, what is the point in even having the insurance?! We won't be making that mistake again, that's for sure!"

"For over two years, I tolerated the most appallingly poor service on my iPhone than should be legally permissable. No signal quality from within my house, even though friends had 5 bars on their other-carrier phones. I was unable to complete a call until I dialed it two to three times and it finally connected. Calls dropped constantly and when they were connected, the sound quality was horrific. This not only happened within my home, but while driving in the car. Trapped in a contract, I complained endlessly to AT&T, and they provided multiple excuses about my phone, my home, and other irrelevant factors. Finally, one rep provided me with a signal booster that I refused to pay for on the basis that I was already paying for full service that I wasn't receiving. The booster provided marginal improvement; I still required 2 - 3 attempts to place a call and continued to drop calls. I hoped I would never have to place an emergency call. It goes without saying that they would not release me from my contract. When it finally ended, I cut over to Verizon. I was truly shocked at the difference in signal strength and call clarity just by changing vendors. I am so disgusted that I want everyone to know this; the monthly fees I paid, the lack of customer service, and the pitiful quality of service. I may pursue further recourse, I am still so angry about this."

modified review This review was modified by Monomoyick on May 08 2013 03:28:28 AM

"I placed an order for an upgrade and received the phone which was defective. I called in and was told to simply place the return label on the box and send it back. I sent it back and AT&T received the returned phone on 11/02/12 but still my refund has not been issued and still the 2 year contract has not been removed. I have called numerous times to be told the refund will be issued and the contract has been removed but it has not been removed. They lie so much that sometimes you really think they are truthful. They still have my money and they have the phone. I hate AT&T!!!!!!"

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member
AT&T Wireless Services does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!