Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"awful service I really dont like it ive been through hell"

"AT&T I thought was a great service for about a year and then they turned into total rip-offs. My bill is inconsistent ever since I bought a new phone from them. They changed everything in my original package. Even the account. I would stay away from them as I have been trying to set it up right but it seems hopeless. Ever since I bought a new phone for my wife I will have to pay a additional 70 dollars. Why? There is no reason. If you bought a new phone would you buy it knowing your rate will be an additional 70 dollars every month? "

modified review This review was modified by Charlie_I on August 31 2014 02:29:20 AM

Dr.Tommy's Avatar
California

"Use any other company for your cell phone needs before you use AT&T! I would use a prepaid phone, a payphone (If they still had them) or send hand written letters in the mail before ever going back to this company!

Inconsistent billing, charges and added on services never asked for almost monthly! Dealing with their "Customer Service" agents over the phone, or in person is a joke!

2 year contracts, and a $40.00 fee when it's time for a "Free" upgrade? Oh yeah, and another 2 years you are stuck with nothing but problems and handing out money for things/services you didn't want/use. I actually think there was a charge on one of my bills, because I drove by their store! LOL!

They also make sure that if you get a cell phone from them, that it is impossible to use it through another carrier/company because of their factory lock on their phones. Well, not impossible, because I was able to tell AT&T to....Well, kick rocks, because I found a company online to unlock the factory lock with an unlocking code, and am now able to use the $700.00 Samsung Galaxy Mega I purchased from AT&T with any other carrier/company I want to! And, it's legal! Take that AT&T!

I also don't see how they get away with the prices they charge for accessories!? Amazon, Ebay, and kiosks at the mall will hopefully put them out of the accessory business! As far as cell service, hopefully by you using a better company than AT&T will just....Put them out of business altogether!

Oh, if you have an AT&T phone that needs to be factory code unlocked so that you too can go wherever you want to, go to....theunlockingcompany.com They will have a code in your email inbox for you to unlock any phone at all, my order only took 5 minutes to arrive, I unlocked it, and am now happier than ever with my new carrier! theunlockingcompany is also on this site, so check them out.

No, I do not work for theunlockingcompany, and was not asked by them to even mention them. They were just so helpful, and I hate AT&T so much, I just thought I would help you all out if you thought you were stuck with an AT&T phone and service you couldn't use/activate somewhere else. Sorry (Not really) AT&T but they can, and hopefully will!

"Every month, we spent A LOT of time fixing the recurring problems ATT calls us for both for our cell phones and U verse. Here are some of the problems I can remember. (There are so many, I may have forgotten the little issues they bug us with)

1. EVERY MONTH We receive a phone call from AT&T saying that our payment cannot be processed and we have to pay a let fee. Once, maybe 8 months ago one of our credit card had expired. Then we gave us the new credit card info which was active. All the other companies process their payment automatically from this account but not AT&T. Now it is in our monthly schedule: We will receive a phone call from them, talked to them for an hour or more until they can figure it out, apologize and promise that this will not happen again.

2. We have a land line because we have no cell phone reception at home. Every few months our u verse breaks down. Either it completely breaks down or we start losing our internet connection whenever we use our landline. It takes At&t some time to send someone to fix it. This happens AT LEAST EVERY 6 months.

2. Although AT&T phones do not have reception in our building and thus we are not provided the service they promise to provide in our contract, they did not let us cancel our account without a substantial cancellation fee.

3. I don't have a smart phone but I keep getting charged for internet usage by ATT.

4. ATT keeps changing my plan. Their explanation for this is that my current plan was a promotion and it automatically went back to its original condition - without letting me know. When I realize that I am charged for internet which I cannot possibly use with my phone, I call them and find out that there are many other plans for customers like me. But of course since they made the change in the plan without asking me I had no idea.

5. Because At&t phones are not made well, before my contract ends my phone breaks down. So I buy a new phone, so two year contract starts again. This way I had to use att for 4 years now. Even if you buy another brand phone, if something happens to it and you have to buy a new one, you will not be able get out of this nightmare that is At&t.

I am really tired and sick of new problems AT&t brings to our life each month. I'm tired of calling them to fix these issues every month. I look forward to the day my contract ends with them.

I recommend everyone to STAY AWAY from this mess.

modified review This review was modified by gnmb on July 22 2014 09:27:01 AM

"There is a 81 yr old man I take care of who lives alone. His wife recently passed. His son happen to be away this week on business. Well somehow ATT confused a pymt made and applied it to the wrong acct paying the old mans internet and not his cell phone. Needless to say his cell was shut off over $70 I might add. His son was returning home by Monday. I called ATT to see if they could just put his phone back on for 3 days til his son got back to situate everything because the old guy does not have any of his credit cards or bank info, his son takes care of all that. So asked them to cut the guy a break for 3 days. NO! They could not do anything with out this little $70 pymt. I explained how he is an older guy and if he had an emergency he needed a way to get a hold of someone if something happen. ATT guy- NO! I explained to the ATT guy to check his records and how he has had them for the longest time and never ever missed a pymt... Did not matter, ATT guy would do NOTHING to help with this mans safety til his son got back in THREE days!! I think ATT forgets that if it were not for US the PEOPLE they would not be who they are today. If everyone told ATT to go F themselves ATT would be bankrupt, they would be nothing. WE the customers pay their paycheck not anyone else, US! It is sad that they only look at their customers as money and can not consider the safety of someone. We were not asking for weeks or months we asked for 3 days. ATT is a pathetic company and I for one am definitely getting rid of my cell phones, cable and internet with them. They do not deserve my money that is for sure."

modified review This review was modified by Verydisturbed on March 27 2014 06:35:17 PM

"AT&T has to be the worst business on the planet. They have lied to us and attempted to trick us into contracts we did not even agree to renew. Run far away from them! And do NOT let them pull up changes or new plans on their store computer- they will change your plan before you even agree. We had to sit almost 2 hrs in their store to change our plan back to what we had before. Would not even try to fix the lie that the store worker even admitted that a phone rep had done!! Stay far far away!!"

modified review This review was modified by Angie67 on March 07 2014 05:35:04 PM

"I would give A ZERO if it was avail . Worst customer service EVER !This company double billed me for the months of May/June 2013 owing me 100.00. They told me things like ...we have a "NO REFUND policy", "it is past the 90 days so we cannot credit you" . "If you leave /term you will forfiet the money we owe you". " Its your fault " "you paid visa phone and auto pay".

Endless awful service. Long hold times b4 speaking with someone and I was bounced around from billing to customer service for 2 hrs straight .

modified review This review was modified by v6lop on October 03 2013 09:33:11 AM

"I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4 online from AT;T. They did not tell me my 14 day time period for exchange started when I ordered not when I received it. I have tried to like this phone but cannoI wanted to return it and get the iphone 5. I was out of the time frame so they said no. I was shifted from one person to another for over an hour.. I still have the Samsung. They refuse to do anything for me even though I have been a customer since the days of car phones not just cell phones. Now I am stuck with a phone I hate for 2 years unless I want to pay an additional $335 to get out of contract. That's on top of the $200 plus I paid. Customer service needs to reevaluate their practices. When my contract is up I'm done with them."

modified review This review was modified by JakiR on August 07 2013 11:22:25 AM

"In the past, I have not had TOO many problems with AT&T - I high bill here and there, a "pro-rated charge" or two, but today I am very miffed! We bought the iPhone insurance through AT&T because we figured it would save us some money in the long run. Well today, my husband cracks his screen and it needs to be replaced - come to find out the deductible to replace the phone is the EXACT same price as it is to replace the phone at the Apple store! So tell me, what is the point in even having the insurance?! We won't be making that mistake again, that's for sure!"

"For over two years, I tolerated the most appallingly poor service on my iPhone than should be legally permissable. No signal quality from within my house, even though friends had 5 bars on their other-carrier phones. I was unable to complete a call until I dialed it two to three times and it finally connected. Calls dropped constantly and when they were connected, the sound quality was horrific. This not only happened within my home, but while driving in the car. Trapped in a contract, I complained endlessly to AT&T, and they provided multiple excuses about my phone, my home, and other irrelevant factors. Finally, one rep provided me with a signal booster that I refused to pay for on the basis that I was already paying for full service that I wasn't receiving. The booster provided marginal improvement; I still required 2 - 3 attempts to place a call and continued to drop calls. I hoped I would never have to place an emergency call. It goes without saying that they would not release me from my contract. When it finally ended, I cut over to Verizon. I was truly shocked at the difference in signal strength and call clarity just by changing vendors. I am so disgusted that I want everyone to know this; the monthly fees I paid, the lack of customer service, and the pitiful quality of service. I may pursue further recourse, I am still so angry about this."

modified review This review was modified by Monomoyick on May 08 2013 03:28:28 AM

"I placed an order for an upgrade and received the phone which was defective. I called in and was told to simply place the return label on the box and send it back. I sent it back and AT&T received the returned phone on 11/02/12 but still my refund has not been issued and still the 2 year contract has not been removed. I have called numerous times to be told the refund will be issued and the contract has been removed but it has not been removed. They lie so much that sometimes you really think they are truthful. They still have my money and they have the phone. I hate AT&T!!!!!!"

"Over the period of one week I went tru at least 40 different calls and I belive I made 360degree loop around the world: Talking with people from Philipines; Indida, numerous US states Virginia, North and South Carolina; Vinsconsin; Texas, Arizona, California. I am existing DSL customer who was trying to swithc to U-verse service. AT&T is so big that it comes to the point it doesn't care any more about they existing customer. Just to give example for last 24 hours whant I had to go thru: First yesterday September 17th I had technician coming to install line at my home. He came and was giving me run around how he needs another technician to come and check the meter room. He left my apartment telling me that everything is OK and I can start with registration process after 8:00pm. Sure enough I tried and didn't work out went for about 45 minutes being on hold until I got technical support from india who spent with me about 1hour and 15 minutes without success installing U-verse service; He told me that I have to wait until midngight and for sure I will be able to conect; At 0;40am I tried again and sure enough no service again. In the morning I calld AT&T who told me that they have to schedule another apointment this time for Friday September 21st; I told them that technician was already at my home and I been told that "switch" has to be turned on from the central office. I went to the corporate office and spoke with store manager who spent about 1;15 minutes talking with different technical support people. Outcome was the same: no service people were vry apologetic but botom line no U-verse internet. At this point of time I am gettng frustrated and tired and thinking after 12 years being with AT&T to go to other vendor Comcast. In every of my conversation I was trying really hard to get phone number from someone at corporate office in Texas and answer always was:"we do not have number but they were giving me the same 800 that is general number for AT&T. I am really upset and I know that if I do this at my work place with customers I would loose my job. I hope that this review is going to get to someone who is decision maker atAT&T and finally I can give them all notes and how many people I have to go thru just to switch from one service to the other. "

"This review is about AT&T's lack of customer service and how they ruined my otherwise blemish-free credit score. I had just moved to a new place and I ordered AT&T internet. The modem was shipped to me, but it never arrived. Tracking info, however, said it was delivered to my door. I was home the entire day it was supposedly delivered. I never heard a truck pull up and my dog never barked. AT&T would not file a claim for the lost modem. I cancelled my service within the allotted time and they sent a bill for the modem to my OLD address. I didn't know the bill existed until several months later when I was about to leave for Basic Combat Training with the Army and I saw the collection on my credit report. Not that I would have paid for something I did not receive anyway.

I tried contacting AT&T customer service, but their best methods for contacting them are only for current customers. When I would send general inquiries to customer service I was ignored. This was in early 2009. Since then the unpaid account has been sold to two more debt collectors and each time it was sold, the date of the debt was updated so it looks as though it was recent. I don't know how it's supposed to fall off my credit report after 7 years if they keep updating the date. Thanks to this once instance I will never use AT&T for anything! Not internet, not phone, nothing.

"are they cheating on the reviews? there is no way they can be rated this high

anyways they overcharge me on my monthly contracts, when I purchased a new phone it doesn't work I personally contacted 10 different supports and even went to local retailed stores they told me they don't know and I should return the phone and pay the restocking fee and don't buy that phone again?

"I had no trouble ordering and getting a GoPhone . . . twice. And I had no trouble returning them to the local store for full refund."

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member
AT&T Wireless Services does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!