ATG Stores / Allied Trade Group Reviews - atgstores.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.00/10 27 reviews

ATG Stores / Allied Trade Group is not a merchant member
ATG Stores / Allied Trade Group does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I purchased a nice Outdoor Vaxcel light. I bought this one solely because of the very dim (nightlight-like) setting at night, as it is right outside our bedroom window. It comes with the 3-way 15-85-100 bulb. The 15 watt elumination was perfect.

The issue is that the bulb only lasted 4 weeks and it is impossible (seriously) to get another 15-85-100 bulb. The replacement bulb that is on this ATG website is a 30-70-100, which does NOT give the nice ambient light of the 15 watt 3-way. I even confirmed with ATG customer service that there is apparently no 15-85-100 replacement bulb!

I've done massive searches on the internet and the only hits for a 15-85-100 bulb is advertising this Vaxcel light for sale. Vaxcel apparently will not sell the bulb, they only sell light fixtures.

What a waste of $120 for me. If you are looking at this light for it's dim ambient level, just know that you will only achieve that for 4 weeks.

"If you're thinking about ordering anything from ATG please slash your wrists ahead of time. I ordered a shower drain from them as they had a good price. The drain arrived packaged well in a timely manner but was older damaged merchandise direct from the manufacturer. ATG is a middleman and the product is direct shipped from the vendor. It came thrown in a box with no instructions and looked like it was pulled from an old bin.

When I told them on 6/1/13 that I wanted to return the item for a refund, the trouble started. They issued an RMA and then messed around with me for 2 weeks with different stories about the return. Nothing was actually happening and I was getting a run around. After viewing previous repetitive issues in this regard reading online reviews I realized I was in trouble. I escalated the issue to my credit card company because I was getting nowhere myself. ATG finally credited me 45 days later and only as a result of my credit card dispute.

I called ATG 4 times to try and resolve the issue and it was only when my credit card company got involved that they took any action, and slow action at that.

Returning even a defective item resulted in ATG torturing me for a month and a half. I will pay twice as much to buy elsewhere.

If you want to toss the dice and risk the torture that's up to you. The many stories online are absolutely accurate regarding the terrible customer service this company exhibits.

modified review This review was modified by 1db2 on July 16 2013 08:17:59 AM

"Absolutely the worse customer service of any company, online or bricks and mortar, I have ever experienced. And I am old. I had to take two full days off of work to receive product as shipping company missed two scheduled appointments. ATG customer service was not only unhelpful and unapologetic they threatened to charge me a 50% restocking fee if I could not arrange to receive shipping after tow missed appointments. Agent was rude and refused to escalate to supervisor"

modified review This review was modified by malone222 on May 07 2013 09:39:37 AM

received damaged product that had deep scratches on it the expsosed the "wood". Sent a picture and customer service agreed was damaged. After close to two months they then said that is antiqued, which is crazy, and thus would not take it back. It looks horrible. It is also cheep press board, which is never stated in description.

"First off, let me state that I buy pretty much everything on line. I've had nothing but great experiences until this company. THey shipped a product that had a design defect, as confirmed by a professional installer. I tried to initiate a return and was told to send pictures. I sent several. They company refused to send return instructions, and stated they "had to talk to the manufacturer." I never heard from them again. My emails were unanswered. I disputed the charge with my credit card company and ATG comes back saying the product has not been returned. What a scam. Deny return instructions and then use this as an excuse. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in the cyber world, or bricks and mortar for that matter. My next avenue is to complain to Amazon for representing such a lousy company."

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE ITEM IN PERSON ELSEWHERE and are 100% SURE it is as described. Plenty of companies sell the same item and will take returns in orignal packing and condition. I ordered a bath tub that was described as 60". When it came, the back was so sloped a child could not bathe comfortably in this tub. No adult human could use this tub. Less than 30" bathing room. I cannot imagine why they make this. (Hydro systems, Deanna) It is still in original packing, never out of the box. As of now, company not returning calls. Would love to come back and post that they made a reasonable accomodation for me. Would be happy with a store credit. As of now, I cannot recommend dealing with this company or the manufacturer. The item is not as described, and at $2200, this is quite the learning experience. "

"Stay away from this place! Everything on their website says it's IN STOCK.. but after you place an order you immediately go into BACK ORDER status and this could take weeks or months while they have your $$$$.. I'm almost certain this is an illegal business practice yet furniture companies somehow get away with it. A company shouldn't charge you until an item has shipped to you! If they can't do this there is no point ordering from them."

Rating 6/103/5

"I purchased cabinet hardware from the store. The order took 3 weeks to fulfill and then they sent the wrong items. I had to wait two more weeks to receive them. They were nice on the phone about the SNAFU, though."

"It has been a nightmare. Order confirmation as not sent immediately, as the intructions stated. When I looked at it, it looked like the e.mails were duplicated. Date, time & order # was all the same on the subject line of my e.mail list. By the time I questioned the order, it was to late, Both pieces of furniture were on the truck ready for delivery. tomarrow they both will be delivered to my home. What a nightmare. We only wanted one! This is a very large piece of furniture."

"Received items in four days. Order was as described and in great condition and well packaged along with the lowest price. Good communication. I would shop them again."

"Good service and quick delivery. I would use them again."

"I have to tell you this has not been a good experience so far. It is now 3 weeks from when my product was ordered. It has gone from one week expected delivery to two or two and a half and today they tacked on yet another week. This is just the expected delivery date. Not sure if that will be met as none of the previous expected delivery dates have been met.
The sales people that take your calls are not very helpful either. One was even condescending and rude. They are absolutely no help at all.
The bottom line is once you place your order they take your money and you are at the mercy of the manufacturers and shippers. It is apparent that neither ATG nor the shippers and manufacturers have any concern for the customer.
I am already disgusted and only half way through the process. I strongly suggest you find another store to purchase from.

"Can't believe I am even getting this link to complete a satisfaction survey when my item has not even been received! I have had problems with this order and the unfortunate part is there has been lack of friendly communication and help from ATG. We have ordered a number of furniture items from the internet before and understand that the shipping and freight handling of large items is a bit different than UPS/USPS/FedEx etc, but this is crazy. Over a month of placing our order, we THINK it has just shipped a couple of days ago. During the miscommunication between ATG and manufacturer there was no apology given for our inconvenience and/or offer to help figure things out. It was up to me to keep following up and piece things together. Once our item is received (if it ever comes!)I wil not be shopping with ATG again or be referring their services, which is a shame because they seem to offer some nice items."

"Luggage arrive today. Very pleased with purchase.Lots of products to select from with good prices. "

"A quality product and amazing FAST service. Ordered on Saturday and received items on Thursday.

Well packaged and exactly as ordered.

Thank You.