Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"I had failure with a router. The 5G signal wasn't showing on my very new laptop. The rep failed to have me make sure that my laptop was 5G compatible. It isn't. The 2G signal was intermittent so I returned it. Corporate policy doesn't allow a replacement product to be sent right away even with a deposit from the customer so I had to wait for it to get there and come back to have a new router. In addition they make the customer pay return postage for defective products. This is unacceptable to me. Cisco does the same. Customers become the quality control employees and are not only unpaid but have to pay to do so. Cheapest mailing was $12.
When I couldn't get 5G to work, the rep noted that my new computer may not be compatible but was unable to find a way for me to test it other than to check the manual. It took me 2 minutes to find a method online. What's with these guys? Aren't they supposed to know how to troubleshoot issues?

"Asus customer/warranty service is the greatest reason yet NEVER to buy an Asus machine.

My son's Asus laptop power supply died. The less than a year old, under warranty, computer was fine, just the charger was dead. Asus sent us to Best Buy, where they confirmed the diagnosis, but said they didn't have a replacement charger.

I called Asus back. They insisted on a one week RMA process - I send the defective charger to them, they decide whether to repair or replace, and one week later, I get a charger shipped by Fedex Ground....from California...which means the machine is down two weeks.

Their alternative? Buy a new charger for $50 plus shipping. That, they said, might come a bit faster.

I asked if they'd ever heard of a charger being repaired, and whether they seriously thought that was acceptable service. They said they "understood" my "frustration with the system."

My son's exams are this coming week. Do you think Asus will EVER get my business again?

Don't buy Asus...unless you're OK with ridiculously bad warranty service.

modified review This review was modified by dave34734 on June 14 2014 01:06:54 PM

"Monitor came in pristine condition. Great Price for Great product AWESOME!"

"Don't waste your time and money! ASUS is a company that operates on a business model that has absolute no respects for consumers' rights or confidence. We bought a computer from Asus and regretted ever since. The product was of low quality and the service was far worse! It took them more than a month to track down where our computer was in their service department. They are very disorganized and incompetent. This company makes us think twice when we purchase from a Taiwanese-run company from now on!"

"I have an ASUS tf300t. # 3 weeks after receiving it the device started to malfunction, it flips through apps on its own, the screen will enlarge and shrink, wont turn off, the video play back from the memory is terrible, it stutters all the time. The key board decides to stop working until you have turned the device off and on again. Fine I tought, I am sure ASUS will fix it, HOW WRONG can you be. For a start it took 5 weeks for my device to reach the right place, they did not fix it, gave me a load of xcuses, promised me they would arrange to collect the device and take it back for another look, then decided they would not and denied saying it in the first place evn though I have a transcript of the online conversation. I ended sending it back, they asked me for more info, I sent it, they ignored it and have sent it back to me again. IT IS STILL BROKEN. ASUS is the most incompetent compamy with the worst customer support ever. I would not ever buy or recommend their products ever again"

modified review This review was modified by DannySL on March 06 2014 01:57:09 PM

"I recently bought a top-of-the-line desktop from Asus and have had nothing but trouble with it. The computer would slow down and eventually freeze and continued to do so after complete reinstallations. I sent it back for a repair and still have the same problem. Right out of the box, the computer completely stalled several times and often took 30 minutes to install a tiny program. I've wasted so much time dealing with this. $1500 down the drain. I strongly recommend not buying anything from the company. In addition to my big complaint (my computer doesn't work and they apparently can't fix it), the company installs bloatware in the form of a program that prompts you for an update every time you turn it on. A screen I bought from them had similar annoying features."

modified review This review was modified by sannam on February 12 2014 12:59:28 AM

"I used to be a big promoter of ASUS. I own a motherboard, graphics card and laptop. All purchased within the last two years. I've had some serious trouble with the graphics card, pixilation, crashes etc. This is my work computer. I use it to drive three monitors. I sent it in to Pegatron, their new service and repair firm in Indiana. Roughly 2 weeks turn around. Not bad in my books. Only problem was they did not repair the unit. It is doing exactly what it was doing before I sent it in. This is my work computer.
I called to have them deal with this failure in their performance and received the 'Policies and Procedures' speech. In any customer centric organization there is a way to expedite procedures when the company has failed to deliver what they should have in the first place. Not with ASUS and Pegatron. Apparently the left hand and the right are not on speaking terms. They should be ashamed of themselves. If one of my customers has an issue, I pick up the phone and make it happen. I expect the same treatment from companies I deal with. if I don't get it, I shop elsewhere. Asus has seen their last dollar from me. Good products with lousy support policies and procedures are of little value to me.

"Worst Customer support. I bought a brand new laptop and the wireless wasn't working so I contacted Asus and after fighting for a shipping label to send my new computer back, I finally got one and I shipped it off. I received my laptop about a month later in a cheap packaging box and not the original. Spent 4 hours on hold just for a box for the brand new system I purchased from them. Ridiculous and not very helpful. . They kept telling me I should read the packaging instructions on the label. They failed to inform me that they didn't want to box and the manager Allonder R. (didn't want to give his full last name) said they have never dealt with a problem like mine so they cannot help me, really? "

modified review This review was modified by Rgafoor on November 27 2013 12:39:13 PM

"I Purchased my G73sw from Best Buy in March of 2011. January 2013, my DC port starts having problems. The power settings start cycling, and you have to hold the battery charger connector in to the DC port to get a charge. I called ASUS since it was still under warranty, but they refused to issue a RMA, and said there was no problem. The DC port worked, you just had to hold it in.(Seriously, this is what 2 customer support techs told me) My warranty ends March 2013, and 3 months later in June 2013 my DC port dies. I call ASUS and tell them I had several calls about this problem before the warranty expired but they refused to fix it under warranty. So I paid to ship the computer to them and 2 weeks go buy with no update except them saying they had received it. I call and call but customer support will tell me nothing. 3 weeks go by and I get an email that the motherboard and fan are bad, and it's going to cost $185 to fix it. So I fax in my credit card number (I just wanted it fixed at this point, and I'm not a computer expert and paid the $30 for 1 day shipping) and 2 weeks later I receive my supposedly repaired unit. The DC port now works, but it's still loose. And on top of that, the computer is now acting funny. The video graphics card keeps crashing, and my USB ports are blocked by the plastic casing. You can no longer insert a sdhc card, and the audio levels are no longer loud and clear. You have to hook the computer up to the TV if you want to hear anything, and you can forget about playing music. After my frustration with ASUS customer support, I took the computer to a respected local repair shop and the techs there said the motherboard was refurbished. ASUS charged me for a new mother board...At this point, I can't deal with paying them more money and waiting another 6 weeks just to get back a computer in worse condition than when I sent it. After reading all of the complaints on here, and at other sites, I think my best bet is legal action. I'm tired of dealing with their crappy customer support, and I feel like no matter what I spend, this company will only rip me off further."

modified review This review was modified by JenniferGon on September 29 2013 10:37:48 PM

"This is the mail I sent to the ANZ responsible of ASUS:

Dear Mr. Leon,
> >
> > I'm writing to you this feedback only in order to let you know how bad your technical support service is.
> > If you check in my service center support you will find some interesting messages.

> > On the 23-08-2013 I enquired about an ASUS Tablet VIVO smart that I had bought a couple of days before.
> > The Microsoft Office H&S' activation code did not work. MYRA XU wrote me that the solution was: 'turn ON and OFF the tablet in order to force a reset of the system, reset all drivers and reinstall everything.'
> > I am an Automation Engineer, this is just RIDICOULUS!!!! What does it mean? Is that a joke or what? The problem is the activation code and this person asked me to reset the system?? Where do you find you employees?? Do you provide a training course at all? When I told her\him exactly the same words she\he said:
> > THAT WAS JUST TO TRY.
> > What is it suppose to mean? Is it a kind of test? Are you suppose to be a technical support or a homemade-test-trial support?? This is INCREDIBLE!!!

> > On the 26-08-2013 I enquired about an ASUS K55A, I had bought a couple of months before.
> > The USB ports just stopped working,. I reinstalled the drivers, I reset the system, I tried to check in the BIOS to see if in there the devices were disabled, nothing worked, I think the problem is with the mother board.
> > I use computer to work and I asked for a quick help, I sent an e-mail on the morning of friday and I did not get any answer until monday. By the time I had already lost a couple of days work.
> > TodayAdd an event for today, monday morning, I received an answer from another great customer officer LANCE LIANG, he asked me to send the invoice of the purchase. I did it straight away and I repeited I needed help due a lost in production, so far, after more than 10 hours, I have not hear anything from him.
> > It looks to me that the only thing your customer officers do is writing:

> > WE ARE VERY PROUD YOU CHOOSED ASUS...... WE WISH YOU A GREAT DAY..... WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENT....

> > What a customer officer should do is to solve customer's problems rather than annoying them with silly pre-made sentences!!!
> > I'm disappointed, I bought ASUS because I though it was a good brand and the customer service was great.
> > I bought two devices and both had problems!!!
> > Furthermore you customer service is RIDICOULUS, you are not even able to provide help!!!
> > After a week I had to buy a new laptop to go ahead with my job, I bought a Lenovo and I had to set up all the system again, it took me a couple of days but at least I got a good brand finally.
> > If you would like to take back your stuff and to give me back my money I would be more than happy.
> > Anyway trust me when I say this is the last time I buy something from you.

> > Have a nice day.
> > Claudio Baldini

After 5 days I am still waiting for an RMA number.
None replied to me, it is just horrible how they threat their clients.
I will never buy again ASUS, I think DELL, ACER, all the rest are muche better than this stuff.

modified review This review was modified by claudioba on August 27 2013 01:09:13 AM

"Bought a G75VW a month ago on Amazon. Aside from the windows 8 installation (which is terrible IMHO) the laptop has been excellent. I've been using it as my work and personal laptop and it stays cool no matter what I'm doing, which is amazing considering every laptop I've owned gets very warm. The vents on the back do a great job and stay very quite compared to other laptops I've owned. The layout of the keyboard is great and easy to type on. My only complaint is the amount of bloatware installed on the machine. "

"have a lap top and a note both Asus. Both suck equally- note never worked right had to mail it back at MY expense=== be cause it was under Asus warranty cost another 30 dollars with packing have not recd it back been over a month said they never recd it until I showed a delivery receipt. quess Asus thought I would not Insure it .The Android base system stinks also an app to do any thing really stinks. I will never shop Asus again ."

modified review This review was modified by thethomkat on July 05 2013 11:11:13 AM

"Firstly let me say that ASUS makes some top of the line, very good products. When they are good, they are VERY good. When they don't work anymore, their service department and RMA system is VERY BAD!! Might as well just throw your warranty part away for the grief you will get trying to get a replacement.
I purchased 2 identical tablet/docking pads for Christmas gifts. One of the docking pads stopped working. After almost a month of trying to get a replacement, I finally sent a letter to both ASUS and my supplier telling how dissatisfied I was.
Within a day of the letter I received notice that the dock had "liquid damage" and was not covered under warranty.
Still in dispute, but at this point they will not honor their guarantee. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I bought an ASUS laptop after several years of buying nothing but Dell, but after a bad experience with a Dell laptop I was ready to try another brand.

Let me just say I've had my laptop for about two months now. The product is good and I am pretty happy with the laptop itself. But god forbid you ever have a problem with the thing. I contacted customer support one day because I was having issues with the finger pad not working when the laptop was plugged in. I started an online remote session with a 'tech'. After a bit of asking me a few random questions he told me that I had uninstalled McAfee incorrectly and that my windows updates were failing. He then continued to give me grief over the fact I had installed Skype and Zune, and was using Norton.

1. I uninstalled mcAfee through the normal way you uninstal any program, through the control panel. If it was still in the registry than that is an issue with McAfee and maybe they shouldn't put it on their products.

2. I have an account with Norton, which I PAY for, so I don't have to rely on free software or whatever. The 'tech' was extremely rude at me for having my own virus protection program. Shouldn't he be happy about that?

3. I work for an online retailer who uses Skype constantly. The fact that he thinks Skype is a bad program makes him an idiot. Zune is a program some Windows phone require in order to move music back and forth. Again not a bad program.

Instead of helping me the tech kept telling me I would have to pay $50 to talk to a software tech who could set up my computer properly. Ummmm I've had computers my entire life and NEVER had a problem installing and uninstalling before. The guy was a moron and very rude besides.

I wrote an email to the company expressing my displeasure with their service but lo and behold I have yet to hear anything back. It is pretty obvious they don't give a damn about their customers at all and while I may have had issues with Dell's products, the customer service reps I talked to were at least polite if not very helpful.

Avoid this company if you can.

"My brand new (just out of the box) ASUS G75VWDH73-3D Will not do a "Create System Image" (error says Not enough space to create shadow copy on storage location) Storage location is the F drive it's empty, (straight from the factory:formatted) alternate storage location: external HD, alternate location per request from support staff: C drive all failed). It will not restore back to factory settings either. Both operations fail. I wanted to be sure they worked before I started adding anything to the machine. After hours on line with support staff and on the phone repeating the processes over and over, they finally told me that the RMA (Return to Manufacturers Authorization) system was down and I'd have to call back for a RMA number. Called back the next day, it's still down (currently on 3rd day of no RMA #). Each time they make me go through the processes again. This is a nightmare. I expected a working computer and not to have to send it back for repairs before I had a chance to use it. They sent me Windows 8 ISO with a thank you for contacting ASUS. I bought ASUS because I thought customer support was highly rated. Not the case, use caution. You buy it...you own it, even if it arrives not functional. "

ASUS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ASUS is not a merchant member
ASUS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!