Product & services pricing Rating 4.06/10 4.06/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"Sent in a 2 year old non functioning motherboard in for replacement under a 3 year warranty. Even though they accepted my RMA request would not replace the board only repair it for a $110 fee. When I refused they sent back the non working board. Terrible service."

modified review This review was modified by KennQuist on September 11 2014 03:17:16 PM

ASUS User

"ASUS has the worst tech support I believe I have ever encountered. To begin with, the female voice on the automated greeting is so inarticulate as to at times be unintelligible. She sounds like she has a tongue piercing that prohibits her ability to annunciate clearly. Then after the lengthy on hold process begins, the same voice obnoxiously reiterates about every 10 seconds that your call might be recorded.
When a tech rep finally does come on the line, they direct you to a website where you can download a manual. The guy assisting me was unable to tell me the page number where the info I needed could be found. After several minutes scrolling through a PDF file, I located the section pertaining to the issue I was experiencing. At that point, the rep directed me to follow the directions and he bailed out, ending the phone conversation.
The downloaded manual contained probably the most incomplete instructions I have encountered and did not enable me to correct the problem with my wireless router. It was back to the telephone rigamarole with a so-called "techie" who did not seem to have a clue how to assist me, yet acted as if I were at fault for not having the skills to avoid calling him in the first place.
I will never again purchase another piece of ASUS merchandise nor would I ever recommend it to anyone else.

ASUS User

"Asus has got to be the worst company on the planet, I bought an Asus laptop, it developed charging problems less than 6 months after purchase. I contacted Asus and I was told to send the laptop back to them, which I did.
Asus and their repair agent contacted me that I had damaged the charging port and the motherboard as I result I have to pay over £250 for the repair. I have never opened or tried to open the laptop so there was no way I could have damaged the motherboard.

Asus refused to return my laptop unless I pay an administrative fee of £42, they even threatened to scrap my laptop if I don't pay within the set time.
I will never ever ever touch any Asus product and I will continue to let the whole world know how useless and unreliable their products are.

ASUS User

"Have you ever had a customer service rep hang up on you? Well, I just did, courtesy of Asus! What terrible terrible "service"! I was merely following up to check on the repair status of my Nexus 7 2013. See, my Nexus failed for some apparent hardware reason - entirely their issue, not mine, i.e., not user-caused error. I just picked up Nexus one day and it wouldn't boot up -- even after trying to do factory reset.

I called Google Support to try to resolve the issue (stellar customer service, by the way), the agent and I walked through and did all possible fixes but the thing still didn't work, so it was decided and confirmed to be a hardware issue.

Now back to my horrible experience with Asus - I followed up with them to check on the repair status because their online repair status check is a joke - either they're not updating it timely or my tablet is not moving along the process and not getting fixed at all!

Okay, so first of all, they would not even acknowledge the hardware issue, much less take ownership of it. Clearly, I am not the only one whose Nexus failed on me the same way, as I have read multiple forums online stating the exact issue I was having. So I demanded that I be given an ESTIMATE, a RANGE of dates based on best and worst case scenarios of when I will have my Nexus back in my hands. Instead I was given a roundabout answer essentially saying "I don't know", and at times, the canned response of "it takes 5-7 business days to repair". Okay, fine, 5-7 days to repair, but that is just a fraction of the end-to-end process from their receipt of my tablet to the actual shipping out of the tablet back to me. So again I demanded that he respond to my question - what's your best and worst estimate of when I will have it in my hands. He didn't seem to understand my question, told me flat out in a raised voice that I "do not understand", and was constantly OVERTALKING me. Now, I would've tolerated that answer and behavior if I was dealing with a small obscure company, but this was Asus for christ's sake!

So as I continued on to relay my overall dissatisfaction with their service (again! I also received terrible customer service when I had first called a few days ago to report my issue and initiated the repair process), the customer service agent just hung up on me. HUNG UP!!!! I mean, really? Mind you, even though I was already pretty irate I still remained polite in that I still censored myself and was not cussing them out even though I know I was already surrounded by thought bubbles full of expletives directed to Asus because of my mad frustration.

And then silence, looooong silence - I stayed on the phone for 8 minutes without hearing nary a sound from the other line - effectively ending the conversation, which clearly amounts to hanging up. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! Just so so soooo bad I can't find the words to fully describe just how awful they are!

Why is Google - an amazing company with superb customer service - partnering or aligning themselves with a company such as Asus?! The two are WORLD'S APART in how they treat their customers! Never buying an Asus product again! And unfortunately for Google, I've been warning friends and people I happen to talk to (regarding devices) to NOT purchase Nexus because Asus does not know how to treat their customers right! It is customer DISservice!

"I had failure with a router. The 5G signal wasn't showing on my very new laptop. The rep failed to have me make sure that my laptop was 5G compatible. It isn't. The 2G signal was intermittent so I returned it. Corporate policy doesn't allow a replacement product to be sent right away even with a deposit from the customer so I had to wait for it to get there and come back to have a new router. In addition they make the customer pay return postage for defective products. This is unacceptable to me. Cisco does the same. Customers become the quality control employees and are not only unpaid but have to pay to do so. Cheapest mailing was $12.
When I couldn't get 5G to work, the rep noted that my new computer may not be compatible but was unable to find a way for me to test it other than to check the manual. It took me 2 minutes to find a method online. What's with these guys? Aren't they supposed to know how to troubleshoot issues?

"Asus customer/warranty service is the greatest reason yet NEVER to buy an Asus machine.

My son's Asus laptop power supply died. The less than a year old, under warranty, computer was fine, just the charger was dead. Asus sent us to Best Buy, where they confirmed the diagnosis, but said they didn't have a replacement charger.

I called Asus back. They insisted on a one week RMA process - I send the defective charger to them, they decide whether to repair or replace, and one week later, I get a charger shipped by Fedex Ground....from California...which means the machine is down two weeks.

Their alternative? Buy a new charger for $50 plus shipping. That, they said, might come a bit faster.

I asked if they'd ever heard of a charger being repaired, and whether they seriously thought that was acceptable service. They said they "understood" my "frustration with the system."

My son's exams are this coming week. Do you think Asus will EVER get my business again?

Don't buy Asus...unless you're OK with ridiculously bad warranty service.

modified review This review was modified by dave34734 on June 14 2014 01:06:54 PM

"Monitor came in pristine condition. Great Price for Great product AWESOME!"

"Don't waste your time and money! ASUS is a company that operates on a business model that has absolute no respects for consumers' rights or confidence. We bought a computer from Asus and regretted ever since. The product was of low quality and the service was far worse! It took them more than a month to track down where our computer was in their service department. They are very disorganized and incompetent. This company makes us think twice when we purchase from a Taiwanese-run company from now on!"

"I have an ASUS tf300t. # 3 weeks after receiving it the device started to malfunction, it flips through apps on its own, the screen will enlarge and shrink, wont turn off, the video play back from the memory is terrible, it stutters all the time. The key board decides to stop working until you have turned the device off and on again. Fine I tought, I am sure ASUS will fix it, HOW WRONG can you be. For a start it took 5 weeks for my device to reach the right place, they did not fix it, gave me a load of xcuses, promised me they would arrange to collect the device and take it back for another look, then decided they would not and denied saying it in the first place evn though I have a transcript of the online conversation. I ended sending it back, they asked me for more info, I sent it, they ignored it and have sent it back to me again. IT IS STILL BROKEN. ASUS is the most incompetent compamy with the worst customer support ever. I would not ever buy or recommend their products ever again"

modified review This review was modified by DannySL on March 06 2014 01:57:09 PM

"I recently bought a top-of-the-line desktop from Asus and have had nothing but trouble with it. The computer would slow down and eventually freeze and continued to do so after complete reinstallations. I sent it back for a repair and still have the same problem. Right out of the box, the computer completely stalled several times and often took 30 minutes to install a tiny program. I've wasted so much time dealing with this. $1500 down the drain. I strongly recommend not buying anything from the company. In addition to my big complaint (my computer doesn't work and they apparently can't fix it), the company installs bloatware in the form of a program that prompts you for an update every time you turn it on. A screen I bought from them had similar annoying features."

modified review This review was modified by sannam on February 12 2014 12:59:28 AM

"I used to be a big promoter of ASUS. I own a motherboard, graphics card and laptop. All purchased within the last two years. I've had some serious trouble with the graphics card, pixilation, crashes etc. This is my work computer. I use it to drive three monitors. I sent it in to Pegatron, their new service and repair firm in Indiana. Roughly 2 weeks turn around. Not bad in my books. Only problem was they did not repair the unit. It is doing exactly what it was doing before I sent it in. This is my work computer.
I called to have them deal with this failure in their performance and received the 'Policies and Procedures' speech. In any customer centric organization there is a way to expedite procedures when the company has failed to deliver what they should have in the first place. Not with ASUS and Pegatron. Apparently the left hand and the right are not on speaking terms. They should be ashamed of themselves. If one of my customers has an issue, I pick up the phone and make it happen. I expect the same treatment from companies I deal with. if I don't get it, I shop elsewhere. Asus has seen their last dollar from me. Good products with lousy support policies and procedures are of little value to me.

"Worst Customer support. I bought a brand new laptop and the wireless wasn't working so I contacted Asus and after fighting for a shipping label to send my new computer back, I finally got one and I shipped it off. I received my laptop about a month later in a cheap packaging box and not the original. Spent 4 hours on hold just for a box for the brand new system I purchased from them. Ridiculous and not very helpful. . They kept telling me I should read the packaging instructions on the label. They failed to inform me that they didn't want to box and the manager Allonder R. (didn't want to give his full last name) said they have never dealt with a problem like mine so they cannot help me, really? "

modified review This review was modified by Rgafoor on November 27 2013 12:39:13 PM

"I Purchased my G73sw from Best Buy in March of 2011. January 2013, my DC port starts having problems. The power settings start cycling, and you have to hold the battery charger connector in to the DC port to get a charge. I called ASUS since it was still under warranty, but they refused to issue a RMA, and said there was no problem. The DC port worked, you just had to hold it in.(Seriously, this is what 2 customer support techs told me) My warranty ends March 2013, and 3 months later in June 2013 my DC port dies. I call ASUS and tell them I had several calls about this problem before the warranty expired but they refused to fix it under warranty. So I paid to ship the computer to them and 2 weeks go buy with no update except them saying they had received it. I call and call but customer support will tell me nothing. 3 weeks go by and I get an email that the motherboard and fan are bad, and it's going to cost $185 to fix it. So I fax in my credit card number (I just wanted it fixed at this point, and I'm not a computer expert and paid the $30 for 1 day shipping) and 2 weeks later I receive my supposedly repaired unit. The DC port now works, but it's still loose. And on top of that, the computer is now acting funny. The video graphics card keeps crashing, and my USB ports are blocked by the plastic casing. You can no longer insert a sdhc card, and the audio levels are no longer loud and clear. You have to hook the computer up to the TV if you want to hear anything, and you can forget about playing music. After my frustration with ASUS customer support, I took the computer to a respected local repair shop and the techs there said the motherboard was refurbished. ASUS charged me for a new mother board...At this point, I can't deal with paying them more money and waiting another 6 weeks just to get back a computer in worse condition than when I sent it. After reading all of the complaints on here, and at other sites, I think my best bet is legal action. I'm tired of dealing with their crappy customer support, and I feel like no matter what I spend, this company will only rip me off further."

modified review This review was modified by JenniferGon on September 29 2013 10:37:48 PM

"This is the mail I sent to the ANZ responsible of ASUS:

Dear Mr. Leon,
> >
> > I'm writing to you this feedback only in order to let you know how bad your technical support service is.
> > If you check in my service center support you will find some interesting messages.

> > On the 23-08-2013 I enquired about an ASUS Tablet VIVO smart that I had bought a couple of days before.
> > The Microsoft Office H&S' activation code did not work. MYRA XU wrote me that the solution was: 'turn ON and OFF the tablet in order to force a reset of the system, reset all drivers and reinstall everything.'
> > I am an Automation Engineer, this is just RIDICOULUS!!!! What does it mean? Is that a joke or what? The problem is the activation code and this person asked me to reset the system?? Where do you find you employees?? Do you provide a training course at all? When I told her\him exactly the same words she\he said:
> > THAT WAS JUST TO TRY.
> > What is it suppose to mean? Is it a kind of test? Are you suppose to be a technical support or a homemade-test-trial support?? This is INCREDIBLE!!!

> > On the 26-08-2013 I enquired about an ASUS K55A, I had bought a couple of months before.
> > The USB ports just stopped working,. I reinstalled the drivers, I reset the system, I tried to check in the BIOS to see if in there the devices were disabled, nothing worked, I think the problem is with the mother board.
> > I use computer to work and I asked for a quick help, I sent an e-mail on the morning of friday and I did not get any answer until monday. By the time I had already lost a couple of days work.
> > TodayAdd an event for today, monday morning, I received an answer from another great customer officer LANCE LIANG, he asked me to send the invoice of the purchase. I did it straight away and I repeited I needed help due a lost in production, so far, after more than 10 hours, I have not hear anything from him.
> > It looks to me that the only thing your customer officers do is writing:

> > WE ARE VERY PROUD YOU CHOOSED ASUS...... WE WISH YOU A GREAT DAY..... WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENT....

> > What a customer officer should do is to solve customer's problems rather than annoying them with silly pre-made sentences!!!
> > I'm disappointed, I bought ASUS because I though it was a good brand and the customer service was great.
> > I bought two devices and both had problems!!!
> > Furthermore you customer service is RIDICOULUS, you are not even able to provide help!!!
> > After a week I had to buy a new laptop to go ahead with my job, I bought a Lenovo and I had to set up all the system again, it took me a couple of days but at least I got a good brand finally.
> > If you would like to take back your stuff and to give me back my money I would be more than happy.
> > Anyway trust me when I say this is the last time I buy something from you.

> > Have a nice day.
> > Claudio Baldini

After 5 days I am still waiting for an RMA number.
None replied to me, it is just horrible how they threat their clients.
I will never buy again ASUS, I think DELL, ACER, all the rest are muche better than this stuff.

modified review This review was modified by claudioba on August 27 2013 01:09:13 AM

"Bought a G75VW a month ago on Amazon. Aside from the windows 8 installation (which is terrible IMHO) the laptop has been excellent. I've been using it as my work and personal laptop and it stays cool no matter what I'm doing, which is amazing considering every laptop I've owned gets very warm. The vents on the back do a great job and stay very quite compared to other laptops I've owned. The layout of the keyboard is great and easy to type on. My only complaint is the amount of bloatware installed on the machine. "

ASUS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ASUS is not a merchant member
ASUS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!