Stores > AR500 Armor

Product & services pricing Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I am very upset about my service with ar500. i have been waiting 2 weeks since i was told my vest would be in a ups truck on the way to my house. I've called once to question what the delay was only to get sarcastic remarks about going in the back to find my shipment and ship it out personally, to blaming it on the post office. Then told me if i didn't receive it by Thursday to call back, not sure what your planning to do differently than our last call but we will see i guess.. I paid for my shipping and i find this very unprofessional. "

"I placed an order for front and rear level 3 + plates as well as level three 6x8 side plates on February 20th 2015 for a price of $292.00. A lead production time of "Up to 6 weeks" was posted for the level 3 + plates and I fully accepted that it may take that long to receive my order. However, once the six week mark arrived and nothing changed in my order status I decided to email customer service. Three days later I received a reply stating that the lead production time was now 8 weeks and I should expect shipment on the 22nd of April.... I replied to express my dissatisfaction with the fact that 6 weeks was posted as the maximum wait time not only when I purchased these items, but for numerous weeks following as well. I also expressed my dissatisfaction that I had not been contacted in any fashion so that I could be told that my expectations would not be met and that I was to simply accept that I was now being asked to wait an additional 2 weeks to receive my order...
Several unhelpful and insulting replies via email later, it is now the 23rd of April and I still have to receive any notification of when my items will ship and if I am to ever even receive them at all. I decided to purchase from ar500 because of their low prices and was fully prepared to be patient, however now having gone through all of this I would have chosen to purchase from Infidel body armor or CATI armor, paid a little bit more money, and I would have had my armor over 2 months ago.

It would appear to me that this is an extremely slippery slope with AR 500 and that they could continue to simply tack on 2 extra weeks to their production lead time every two weeks; ultimately leading to you never receiving your purchase. What were to happen if they filed for bankruptcy or went belly up while you were waiting 8 or more weeks to receive your purchase?

This is an unacceptable amount of time to wait for an item, it is unacceptable to have expectations changed, it is unacceptable to not be notified of any changes to your order, and their customer service has been poor at best when it comes to answering questions or keeping a customer happy about their purchase. I am sure that I have forgotten to mention several things but I do not have time to make this review flawless.
Sincerely, Kerry K

----------- Update ---------
May 5th 2015
I have now been in the "shipping que" since April 24th and STILL have to receive my purchase. It's been TEN WEEKS since I placed my order for $292.00 and I have NO confirmation that my order WILL be shipped. I'm calling AR500 AGAIN today

This review was modified by PleadTheSecond on May 05 2015 07:30:52 AM

"I ordered front/rear Level IV Composite 10X12 curved plates, 6x8 side plates and a Quick release Plate carrier -MultiCam (Crye presision). Carrier was $189. I got all four plates and they looked great. The plate carrierI got is a cheap Coyote that I can get for $80 at ASH Tactical down the street and certainly cost much less than the $189 I paid. AR500 (Krystal) said it was a replacement version but I was never contacted about the change from what I originally ordered. Now I have side plates and a carrier that will not hold them. Do not buy your plate carriers from this company. I will try and speak to a manager on 30 Mar in the hope of resolving the issues. Other than that it is a conversation with the Attorney Generals Office for the State of Arizona."

This review was modified by DRLitten on March 27 2015 05:53:04 PM

"I purchased a whole body armor set from AR500 Armor, including sideplates, front and back plates, and a plate carrier. The plate carrier that I purchased was the Operator II Plate Carrier - Black, and it was of very poor quality including ripping at the seams just from opening a pocket. The plates that I purchased, and it is advertised to carry, did not fit. It is overall an average, at best, product, and I gave it a 3 star rating. I gave the plates that I purchased a 5 star rating as they looked like they were quality; thought I did not test them. In the end, the company published the 5 star reviews and omitted the 3 star review that I published. Completely unacceptable practice. Be wary of any reviews that you read on sites like this. They are censored.

Like others, it took my plates 4 weeks to arrive, but they arrived faster than I expected as the wait time was originally 8 weeks.

This review was modified by HonestReviewsOnly on March 19 2015 04:53:16 PM

"I ordered armor from AR500 Armor Oct 25 for a Christmas present. It had a lead time of 7 weeks. The week of Christmas i called after getting no responses to my emails. I was told they had had some problems and that it would ship the week of Jan. 5. I called Jan 6 as their was no activity showing on my order. I was told they had the plates but not the carrier and they would get that in 2 more weeks. I cancelled the order and was told it would be 8 days for a refund check to release."

This review was modified by Winfield on January 06 2015 02:33:42 PM

"I picked up a pair of their body armor after finding a contest on gearhog and was impressed with the price, figured why not

Good customer service and fast response times are hard to find these days. But that doesn't seem to be the case with www.ar500armor.com. I made a mistake with my shipping address and was worried it would be shipped to the wrong address. I shot over an e-mail and I had a response almost instantly. I also bugged them about carrier options for the plates and received a very detailed and well thought out response on their opinion and suggestion for a plate carrier.

Above and beyond service!

"I ordered a set of body armor for my husbands birthday. I normaly don't write reviews but I had a great experience overall with www.ar500armor.com. They answered my questions in a timely manner and answered them thoroughly. They treated me like an important customer even before I placed an order.

The trauma plates are a great value and worth much more than they charge. I had my tracking number the same day and the package within 2 days. Items were packed very well.

Excellent experience and I will be ordering more from them in the future.

Share AR500 Armor's store rating

AR500 Armor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AR500 Armor is not a merchant member
AR500 Armor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!