• AR500 Armor

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I ordered front/rear Level IV Composite 10X12 curved plates, 6x8 side plates and a Quick release Plate carrier -MultiCam (Crye presision). Carrier was $189. I got all four plates and they looked great. The plate carrierI got is a cheap Coyote that I can get for $80 at ASH Tactical down the street and certainly cost much less than the $189 I paid. AR500 (Krystal) said it was a replacement version but I was never contacted about the change from what I originally ordered. Now I have side plates and a carrier that will not hold them. Do not buy your plate carriers from this company. I will try and speak to a manager on 30 Mar in the hope of resolving the issues. Other than that it is a conversation with the Attorney Generals Office for the State of Arizona."

modified review This review was modified by DRLitten on March 27 2015 05:53:04 PM

"I purchased a whole body armor set from AR500 Armor, including sideplates, front and back plates, and a plate carrier. The plate carrier that I purchased was the Operator II Plate Carrier - Black, and it was of very poor quality including ripping at the seams just from opening a pocket. The plates that I purchased, and it is advertised to carry, did not fit. It is overall an average, at best, product, and I gave it a 3 star rating. I gave the plates that I purchased a 5 star rating as they looked like they were quality; thought I did not test them. In the end, the company published the 5 star reviews and omitted the 3 star review that I published. Completely unacceptable practice. Be wary of any reviews that you read on sites like this. They are censored.

Like others, it took my plates 4 weeks to arrive, but they arrived faster than I expected as the wait time was originally 8 weeks.

modified review This review was modified by HonestReviewsOnly on March 19 2015 04:53:16 PM

"I ordered armor from AR500 Armor Oct 25 for a Christmas present. It had a lead time of 7 weeks. The week of Christmas i called after getting no responses to my emails. I was told they had had some problems and that it would ship the week of Jan. 5. I called Jan 6 as their was no activity showing on my order. I was told they had the plates but not the carrier and they would get that in 2 more weeks. I cancelled the order and was told it would be 8 days for a refund check to release."

modified review This review was modified by Winfield on January 06 2015 02:33:42 PM

"I picked up a pair of their body armor after finding a contest on gearhog and was impressed with the price, figured why not

Good customer service and fast response times are hard to find these days. But that doesn't seem to be the case with www.ar500armor.com. I made a mistake with my shipping address and was worried it would be shipped to the wrong address. I shot over an e-mail and I had a response almost instantly. I also bugged them about carrier options for the plates and received a very detailed and well thought out response on their opinion and suggestion for a plate carrier.

Above and beyond service!

"I ordered a set of body armor for my husbands birthday. I normaly don't write reviews but I had a great experience overall with www.ar500armor.com. They answered my questions in a timely manner and answered them thoroughly. They treated me like an important customer even before I placed an order.

The trauma plates are a great value and worth much more than they charge. I had my tracking number the same day and the package within 2 days. Items were packed very well.

Excellent experience and I will be ordering more from them in the future.

Share AR500 Armor's store rating

AR500 Armor is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AR500 Armor is not a merchant member
AR500 Armor does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!