• Address: ANSgear.com 791 Chambers Ln Unit 100&110 Simi Valley, CA 93065
    • Customer Support: 805-522-8700
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri PST Closed Sat & Sun

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"STAY AWAY from ANS. Ordered two new CO2 tanks and ANS sent me two tanks that were produced in July 2009 and will therefore expire in 4 month from now. Am trying to resolve the dispute since 4 weeks yet they are simply not responsive. I also believe their claimed 62,000 customer ratings are fake as I am not able to rate my transaction nor ever got a message asking for feedback on my experience with them.

Just stay away from ANS and buy your gear at a more credible company!

modified review This review was modified by maddballs on March 24 2014 04:17:00 PM

"Online shopping is easy and they do have nice products and lots to choose from but buyer beware. I would not purchase anything from a seller that refuses to deal with an item they sell that has an issue.
I purchased a birthday gift for my son (eXTCy marker)and upon attaching air to the marker it leaked air from the regulator. Marker was never fired and upon calling ANSGear was advised talk to the manufacturer. LAME LAME I mean come on stand behind the stuff you sell. I would understand if my son had used the item and something broke, yes I would go to manufacturer.
If you buy food at the store and you get home and open it to find it spoiled do you go to the producer???
Seriously read ANSgear's policy and decide if you want to deal with a business that only wants to sell product, there are plenty of other retailers out their so look before you spend.
Being a repeat customer is of no help as I've spend close to 1k at this place over the last couple years.

modified review This review was modified by JustDad on March 03 2014 09:26:58 AM

"Terrible Customer Service | Worst Online Experience with ANS gear

ANS gear has got to be one of the worst websites to purchase from. Sure; they have a lot of high quality items at a great price but their customer service online is the absolute worst.

I had an issue with a package being lost. I contacted ANS gear customer support. They told me that I should contact the shipper and work it out with them directly. The cs agent let me know that even though my package is showing as lost on the tracking system provided to me through the courier, that I should just wait and hope that I get the package by the weekend. If the package isn't delivered by the weekend, they suggested that I keep looking at the tracking number and contacting the courier, again. Yeah, because looking at the tracking number is going to magically get my order delivered, right?

I responded letting them know that as the shipper, they are responsible for the item until it is delivered to the customer and asked that they work with their shipper to resolve the issue and asked for updates along the way. I run a multi-million dollar company myself and would never require a customer to sort something out with a shipper. That is just bad business practice and terrible service. ANS gear should have taken responsibility to work with the shipper and should have expeditiously sent me a replacement.

When I responded back, the cs agent then copy/pasted a bunch of terms and conditions saying that ANS gear is not responsible for any lost items and will not file a claim with a shipper unless insurance is purchased with the package because it is not worth their time to help their customer. I was completely shocked. I could not believe that they told me that I would have to pay money to receive customer support.

The ANS gear cs actual response is below:

______________________________________________________

Below I have listed a section from our terms and conditions. There terms and conditions were agreed to before the order was placed.

Shipping:
ANSGEAR.COM uses the two (2) most reliable sources for shipping, FedEX and USPS and live shipping rates can be found upon checkout when products are added to the shopping cart. Most orders are shipped out within 24 - 48 hours upon placing an order. Under special circumstances, this time line may be increased due to special orders or inventory inconsistencies. Shipping insurance is offered for all FedEX shipments and MUST be purchased at the time of checkout. The insurance is calculated in direct correlation of dollar amount of said order. Any damage or loss to packages that occur in route to customer destinations must be dealt with directly through the carrier. The carrier is the company which assumed responsibility upon pick up of a package from ANSGEAR.COM facilities. ANSGEAR.COM will help in assistance of resolution but is in no means held responsible. You must purchase shipping insurance for our customer support to file a claim with the shipping company. All transit times are based off carriers estimated delivery schedules. In cases such as extreme weather, holidays, and other unforeseen reasons, normal transit times may be affected. In the unfortunate case of these circumstances, the carrier nor ANSGEAR.COM can be held responsible and thus cannot offer any type of compensation.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

______________________________________________________

The agent also told me that the shipper takes on the responsibility of the item once they pick it up and ANS gear will do nothing to help. As a business owner myself, I know that claims filed and claims won with a refund included are refunded to the shipper; not the buyer. Am I supposed to just lose my hard earned money and receive no product?

I don't think so. I am committed to letting everyone know how terrible ANS gear's "customer service" is and what a slap in the face they provide when a customer concern is brought to their attention.

Do not purchase from ANS gear if you ever wish to receive your items. Do not contact ANS gear's "customer service" if you ever wish to receive assistance.

"I placed an order at ANSgear before Christmas for a paintball marker. The marker I ordered was a Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet. I did research these markers and they were well received when they first came out .... TEN years ago. I was only looking for a back up gun and the price was right - only about $50 bucks. I got the gun and there were 3 problems with it. There was a bad O-ring, the included rechargeable 9 volt battery had corrosion on it, and it was missing a screw. I immediately contacted their live chat customer service. I was instructed to take pictures of the problem areas and send them along with a description of the problem to their customer service department. I did this the same day. The letter I wrote was very nice and I asked if I could just have the replacement parts shipped out instead of returning the entire marker - to save on shipping charges. I explained that two of the problems were probably age related, and most likely, any replacement marker that was also ten years old would also suffer the same problems. That e-mail was sent out on January 3rd, a Friday. I did not hear from them, so I contacted their live chat customer service again on January 8. I was told that someone would be responding to me shortly. On Friday, January 10, I resent the original e-mail, pictures, and a note asking them to please respond to me. I heard nothing back from them. On Monday, January 13th, I called their customer service line. I was on hold for over 20 minutes. When I finally talked to someone, I gave them my order number and a brief description of the problem. The representative I talked to said that she would pass on my request to the person handling my case and assured me that I would hear back from them that same day. That was yesterday. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

This company apparently places no value whatsoever on taking care of problems their customers have. It is not my fault that they shipped out defective merchandise. I have tried in good faith to get this situation resolved and have been completely ignored.

I will be contacting my credit card to dispute the charges for this order. I wonder if they will respond when they find out they aren't getting their money? I will not place another order with ANSgear and advise others to avoid this company as well. Amazon.com will match or beat just about every price that ANSgear has AND they definitely take care of customer complaints.

****UPDATE*****
I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) about this situation. The same day that ANSgear was informed of the BBB complaint, I received a phone call from ANS. The person I talked to was very helpful and polite. He was happy to make sure my problem was resolved in a reasonable fashion.

A few days after that phone call, I received a package in the mail containing the parts mentioned above. I am satisfied with this resolution. For other people who are having issues with ANS, please remember to express your problem clearly, but also don't be rude. If you have still have problems, post a complaint with the BBB. Their website is: www.santabarbara.bbb.org

modified review This review was modified by Sirdouglasb12 on January 22 2014 07:46:25 AM

"The worst customer service I have ever experienced!!! Received my order, a paintball marker, and it was not working properly. They would not help and sent me to the manufacturer. They were rude and refused to exchange for a new working marker or get involved in any way. I will never purchase from them again!"

modified review This review was modified by JMC63 on December 31 2013 11:34:16 AM

"I did not receive my complete order and they refuse to help. Do not buy from them!!! If you get lucky then their are good but once they mess up they ignore you!!"

"I purchased a new inline regulator from ANSgear ($70 part) and was EXTREMELY disappointed with not only my purchase, but with their customer service.

The part I received had dings and scratches all over the chrome surface as well as tool marks on the threads. The retail packaging, not the shipping box, was is even worse condition; the sides were a beat up and ripped apart.

I contacted ANS gear immediately about my purchase and did not receive a response for eight days. In the response, I was told there is nothing ANSgear/extreme would do for me. They said if I wanted to complain or try and receive a replacement part, I should contact the source company of the part.

I did some research and found many reviews similar to mine with customers receiving used or faulty parts. They had the same results as myself: NOT getting their money back or receiving a working replacement.

I am VERY disappointed with this company's business policy as they do not care about their customers. They have not only list my business, but all of my friend's business as well.

I hope this review is very useful to anyone looking for insight into this company. My recommendation is to take your money elsewhere and not purchase from ANSear/extreme.

Unhappy Customer

"Item prices were fair here. Shipping was free over $100 - so I added a few things to get the free shipping. Even with free shipping transit time was good: I got my order within a week from CA-->FL.

Unfortunately, an item I ordered did not fit properly, so I asked for an exchange. They were glad to do it, but I had to pay shipping both ways. The item was a small pair of gloves, that weighed a few ounces, and they wanted $10 in shipping costs for my replacement set. I was already paying for return shipping of the incorrect size, and I do not feel $10 is a fair shipping price for such a small item. I am disappointed they would not take care of me any better.

I will most likely not be shopping there again, as I feel there are other retailers that will work harder for my business. Additionally, the rep on the phone was not very friendly, it felt like I was interrupting him.

"This was my first order with ANSgear and everything went smooth. I purchased a gun, mask, tank and loader. Everything was packed very well and I would defiantly order from them again. I got everything at sale prices so I saved some good money. "

"its a very nice site and nice customer service the only con was that when i had recived my marker it was missing a screw on the grip and the bolt was stuck so now i have to send it back but anything else very good website "

"very good shop!
very low prices!

"I would recommend ans gear to everyone because has a large variety of products and with the best prices. Also the shipping is very very fast and the products without a scratch when I recieved them. I have no complain at all about ans gear whatsoever. Will definitely go for a third buy in this website."

"Easy check out, fast shipping, made ordering extremely simple and easy! "

"Ansgear.com is by far the best place I have found to date online to buy my paintball equipment. They had everything I was looking for and more. I purchased the halo b hopper shell, shocktech reloader kit, fast load cap, and the regulator cover for my gun. All of my items shipped fast with no errors and were packaged sufficiently. I plan on making plenty more exchanges with them in the future!!"

"Wonderful, completely happy an love my gun. The shipping was fast. Definitely will be back thanks again."

ANSgear / ANS Xtreme Performance / ansxtreme.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ANSgear / ANS Xtreme Performance / ansxtreme.com is not a merchant member
ANSgear / ANS Xtreme Performance / ansxtreme.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!