• Address: 18045 Rowland St. City of Industry, Ca 91748
    • Contact: customercare@abs.com
    • Phone: 800-876-8088
    • Customer Support: 800-685-3471
    • Business Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-7:30pm PST. Sat-Sun 8:30am-5:30pm PST.
    • Fax: 626-271-9506

• checkmark icon COD

What is this?

"Ordered Tagan power supply from Newegg in 2007. It failed this year still within the 3 year manufacturer warranty. Though Tagan was out of business, ABS offered to replace the power supply with a different comparable model. Service and communication was good. There was a slight mix up during our correspondence, but in the end I feel that they supported their customers well."

"My $3,952.68 unit was purchased in 2006. Included,a 3-yr-onsite-warranty. I have had many issues: spontaneous reboots, reinstalling the OS several times, not successfully booting up or shutting down. My liquid cooling unit recommended for these game machines and still sold today stopped. Support claims this is the root of my problem even though I had the other issues when the cooling unit was working. They now not only want me to have this $150 part replaced with a $30-40 air-cooled substitute but also want me to front the cost of replacement/repair! They also tell me that the liquid cooled is no longer sold yet they are building them into their configured systems still today. I am furious today and a call placed a couple months ago was met with rudeness and laughing at me for purchasing this computer. I couldn't believe it myself but a good friend made the call for me and heard it for himself. He and I are former on-site technicians! Buyer beware here or at least don't waste your money on the on-site-warranty. Jul 24,Sent back the unit RMA. Company would not send a shipping box container nor do a pick-up. So it cost me $87 for me to ship to ABS Computer. My 3 yr On-site Warranty had been suddenly changed to Depot Warranty and they're not even covering the cost of p/up. They sent me an email that they would cross-ship a replacement if I would choose to give them a credit card, OR/ provide a tracking number as proof my defective unit was on the way. I sent them a confirmation with the tracking information and they ignored it. So I suspected either correctly or incorrectly that they would attempt a repair. I light of that possibility, I sent a whole list of issues should they decide to repair/not replace the unit as promised. Instead they repeated the same info as before. Again, I re-sent them the confirmation with tracking info again. Aug 6: Recd communication from ABS I would get an update on the unit tomorrow. To-date, Mr. Alverez took over the customer serv. so we'll see how things are resolved in the end and I'll do a final update. Customer Service is the key in all computer businesses. NOV 04: My warranty is now expired. I found some old notes that I wrote in Google Docs and sent them in: "Please forward to bench testing: Please pay special attention to the following areas in addition to the general diagnostics: 1. Video has some issues (I've lost the ability to play games strickly on this unit/not online (one reason for buying this unit and configuring it this way, as well as for my home business). 2. Lan has to be replaced due to issues 3. Wireless cards have been failing as there has been three new cards since purchase (suspect problem in peripheral slots) 3. Liquid cooling: pump and fan are not functioning 4. Problems with one of the audio ports 5. Possible power supply problems in PSU and/or on Motherboard (spontaneous reboots or refusal to boot-up even before system gets a chance to warm up). This isn't a constant situation however but it does happen. 6. Not all USB ports are functioning (have had to use a usb hub in order to utilize all needed accessories) 7. Adding two additional matched 2GB Corsair RAM modules (total 6GB) did not result in utilization of additional memory In the first week of SEPT '09 I received the unit again (2nd time) after having to send it back the first time. Upon removal from the perfect packaging, found that the system case had been severely crushed. Possibly dropped off the work-bench prior to packaging, and the tech didn't want to fix it. So I had to send it back, again. When I finally got it back, it had been put into a new system case, new video card and liquid cooler. Nothing else was replaced and this concerns me due to the impact that had to occur which caused significant damage to the case. Also, they did not address the LAN issue. I have to use my own wireless card in a slot which is working. "

modified review This review was modified by Future1investor on November 05 2009 09:52:32 AM

"I purchased a case, the El Diablo from NewEgg.
It shipped with what I believe was a manufacture defect.

The fan blade on the large 36mm fan had what looked like a flaw in the plastic the fan was made out of.
Lke there was an interuption in the molding process when the fan was made.
After a thud or two by the shippers it separated from the hub.

I e-mail ABS not really expecting anything. Just asked for a link to where I could purchase a replacement fan because
I didn't want to play the RMA game.

I got a reply from a very helpful person named Abbie at ABS.
She apologized for the inconvenience and wanted to make things right.

I sent her the paperwork she asked for and now there is a peplacement in the mail at no extra cost to me.

That's pretty damn good service if you ask me.
Especially since I was willing to buy a replacement.

Randy Forbes

"I am an old customer of ABS(customer# 227786) who purchase a computer from ABS in 2003. I made a call today (10/30/08) to request a technical support about my computer would not turn on. Although my customer support has expired but Mr. Joel Alvanez, who is an ABS tech support technician, he gave me a one time courtesy support. It took him about 10-15 minutes to assist me until I managed to get the copmputer turned on.

As an ABS old cutomer but the ABS tech support still gives their (expired) customer a good and courteous assistance.

They always call back their customers and they try to help their customers to solve their computer problems.

I am please with their good customer service.
Wasana Kain

"I bought an ABS laptop in 2007. While the machine had lots of problems and I had to get it fixed twice during its warranty, one particular tech support engineer, Joel Alvarez, was very helpful in getting my problems resolved. When my laptop broke again, a couple of months after the warranty expired, I called ABS to complain that it is unacceptable for a brand new laptop (for which I paid over $1300) to break within 1.5 years of purchasing it. Joel did some trouble shooting with me over the phone, and the problem was fixed. I greatly appreciated his help. All my data was safe, it didn't cost me anything and I was up and running again in no time. While I do not plan to buy any laptops from ABS again, I greatly appreciate Joel's technical expertise and his patience with me. He also offered to waive service charges if I were to send it to them for fixing. Luckily enough, I didn't have to send it in. Thanks Joel!"

"I purchased my current computer from ABSPC after my first ABSPC became completely out dated and upgrading it would cost more than purchasing a new computer from ABSPC.
I purchased an "Awesome 3500" system it has been, well awesome. After 4 years I had a problem and called Tech support, to my happiness they returned my call and assisted me in determining the problem. Then they recommended a replacement drive that would be compatable with my system and recommended several sources to purchase the replacement drive.
I am very pleased with ABSPC Tech support. They were curtious, patient and easy to work with.
I highly recommend ABSPC computers and their Tech support.
Mike F.

"I have had a labtop computer from ABS for over five years and have enjoyed its excellent capabilities. The unit has been in many locations in the country and overseas with perfect results. Customer service has always been perfect especially Antonio. I recommend their computers for wonderful results."

"Even though it's been nearly 3 years since I purchased my ABS computer, Antonio in Tech Support quickly resolved my one and only problem I've ever had with my ABS Ultimate V3 PC. Cudos to ABS Computers and Antonio!"

Staten Island, NY

"Antonio from ABS was very helpful and had a lot of pateince with me.
PS: I wish a lot more companies would have someone like Antonio helping them.
Thanks again Antonio
Marie D from New York

modified review This review was modified by Cita on April 02 2008 05:17:18 PM

"Antonio was awesome! He was very energetic, enthusiactic, and quick to help me resolve my problem."

"ABS ULTIMATE V2 36 has given me nothing but excellent service since day one. After I lost all software in Hurricane Katrina. ABS's best tech, Antonio was still here to help me locate software at my request. Way to go ABS, Thanks again Antonio for everything."

modified review This review was modified by jjf310 on March 27 2008 04:22:31 PM

"I had a problem with the sound system not working on my computer that I purchased from ABS four years ago. Antonio in customer support quickly identified the trouble with the driver and walked me through the correction. Excellent service."

"The computer simply would not go beyond the ping ans then it would stop everything; no image, picture, USB, anything... Until I called and spoke with Antonio Rosales. He helped me and solved the problem within seconds! I am so thankful that he did and he should be rewarded for his help. If in the future I have another issue with this ABS system, I will call for Antonio by name!

Thank you big time!
Harley

"The problem w/my ABS computer started on 1-12-2008 with Norton. Norton corrected that issue.
A new problem arose and my server said to call ABS.
I called and the tech that helped me was very helpful, polite and knowledgeable. Antonio resolved the problem which turned out to be a problem caused by Norton.
Thanks for your USA support. It was refreshing to hear and understand the tech speak perfect English.
Keep up the good work. Thanks again Antonia

"This is an update for my experience with ABSPC.COM TECH Support today, 20Aug2010. The comments that follow these comments and in parenthesis apply to a previous problem before ABS stopped selling computers. ABS promised lifetime telephone tech support for the system I bought from them which cost nearly $4000.00. Today, they would not help at all only to tell me to re-install the operating system and maybe that would help or take the computer to a service center. I asked to speak to Antonio who was very helpful before and the guy said "This is Antonio". I don't believe this guy was Antonio since he fumbled around and didn't at all sound like the person who had helped me before. ABS still answers the phone but don't expect to get any meaningful help with your PC related problem. I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Sincerely,
Stephen O'Daniel

The following comments are for previous technical support, 01/11/08, from ABSPC's Tech Support representative, Antonio, before they stopped selling computers.

(The computer, when turned on, would immediately stop with the CMOS setup screen (blue screen, UGH!)displayed and would not go any further. I had no idea what was causing it. I called ABS customer service and within a half hour Antonio (ABS TECH) called me back. Within another half hour he had zeroed in on the problem. Thank goodness it turned out to be a simple fix. My wireless keyboard was bad, a sticking delete key!! I had an old PS2 keyboard, and with that replacing the wireless keyboard everything started working fine.
A BIG THANKS TO ANTONIO.!!!

Steve O'Daniel)

modified review This review was modified by steveodaniel on August 31 2010 02:47:14 PM

ABS Computer Technologies, Inc. / abspc.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ABS Computer Technologies, Inc. / abspc.com is a merchant member
ABS Computer Technologies, Inc. / abspc.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.