Product & services pricing Rating 4.25/10 4.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10

"absolute garbage. ordered on the 24th of September. Response when asked if I could get a tracking number on my package, "It left our warehouse, expect delivery by 17 Oct." Bottom line, if you need a book for school, order somewhere else or spend the extra $1.50 to buy from amazon with guaranteed 2 day delivery. For other sales or if you don't mind waiting for the next couple editions to come out by the time you get your book then, by all means order from the ABE."

"Avoid like the plague. I ordered school books for my daughter on the 2nd September and today the 23rd September they are nowhere to be seen.

I also had issues logging on and their automated system wouldn't recognise my registered email address. They couldn't figure out the issue and I had to discovered my myself that their .com and .co.uk websites don't actually synchronise accounts so if you created in one, it won't work in the other.

Still waiting for my books and I will stick to Amazon in future or look elsewhere. 0/10.

modified review This review was modified by MartinLopez on September 23 2014 01:46:07 AM

AbeBooks / Because You Read User

"Ordered three books from Abebooks. One was moldy and went straight to trash, the second was softcover instead of hardback and the third was OK. Abebooks and the sellers involved showed zero interest in assisting me.
Avoid this company.

"Just got my two books in 9 days, shipped from the UK to Canada. I couldn't be happier. I got them at a great price. I was hesitant at first to order from them after seeing the many poor reviews on this site. However I noticed most of them were written in poor English. It made me question the validity of them. Still there seemed to be many bad experiences regarding the time it took to receive items. As I came to understand some of their distributors, such as the one I got the books from, are drop shippers. Both of my books were through paperbackshop. One showed in stock in NJ, USA and the other in the UK. Still considering the great bargain I gave it a shot, I wasn't in a hurry. I'm very happy and surprised to have gotten them in 9 days. I'll be ordering through them again. I guess as long as you're not in a hurry to get your books you should be fine. I suspect many of the reviews are fake, which is a shame. Well this one is a real one. Happy reading!"

modified review This review was modified by airbornetrader on September 03 2014 12:40:59 PM

AbeBooks / Because You Read User

"This business is probably the worst for textbooks. Their resellers lie about book availability and refuse to offer refunds even though books are not even shipped. They also lie about having shipped an order, even though the bookseller admitted 3 weeks after sending an 'order shipped' notice that they were still trying to locate a book that they showed as being in stock. Expect absolutely zero assistance from Abe's, as they just act like hapless middlemen who only have the power to take your money, but not to hold their sellers liable. "

"Paid extra to have a book shipped priority when I received it, it had been shipped media mail. When I contacted Abe Books about having the difference in my shipping money refunded, they basically said that's your problem and we won't help. That it's the sellers option to ship however they want as long as it gets there in time. Why allow shipping options then? What a rip-off!! Have to contact seller and hope he refunds my money. Abe Books has no accountability with their sellers and does not stand up for the customers. Would never use again. Amazon has waaaay better customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by Hollyg19 on August 23 2014 05:37:59 PM

"Sent in over 200 dollars worth of books , but got non-reply emails stating none received.

This company is purely constructed for sheer DECEIT and FRAUD. Ask around and see if you can find one happy customer. If I were you I would certainly beware and do business ELSEWHERE.

modified review This review was modified by Howardhtkoo on August 10 2014 08:26:50 AM

"AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST! THE COMPANY REFUSES TO HELP ME! ORDERED MY BOOK ON 29 OF MAY--TODAY IS THE 3 OF JULY..STILL NO BOOK--AND THE COMPANY IS NOT REPLYING! NEVER AGAIN! I WILL FOREVER GO TO AMAZON! "

"What a rip off. I bought a book for a whopping $100! And when it arrived it hAd an 8.50 price tag on it. Never again. "

modified review This review was modified by Ruthz1234 on June 26 2014 05:12:44 PM

"This is absolutely the worse company I have ever dealt with!! I ordered a textbook on the 8th of April and today is April 25th as I still have not received it. My class started on April 22nd as I am already behind in my class. I called customer service and they just advised that the book takes 4-14 business days and they don't ship it that I should get in touch with the seller. I emailed the seller 3x's and no response. I can't even obtain a tracking number as no one claims to have a tracking number. They also advised that I can not even apply for a refund until 7 days after April 28th ? SCAM Don't order from this company. I have been ordering textbooks for 6 years and have NEVER had such an awful experience. I have maintained a 4.0 avg. in college however, due to I still do not have this textbook my grade in my current class will suffer.

modified review This review was modified by Bkolo on April 25 2014 08:43:51 AM

"I first discovered ABEbooks in the 1996 when the internet first caught on. I have been a book collector and sometimes dealer for many years. And ABEbooks is the LARGEST USED BOOKSELLER IN THE WORLD. So for price and selection they can't be beat. I know you are thinking what about Amazon? Well they started as a book seller and have become a cross between Walmart & eBay selling new & used everything for everybody. AbeBooks is a network of bookstores, dealers, collectors & charities selling over 50 million books. It's an easy site to use with mostly reliable dealers. I look for a seller with 90% or above positive ratings, over a thousand sales, and then compare condition & price. For used books this the biggest source on the planet."

"What a horrible experience !
They just take your money and throw their hands in the air if something goes wrong !

They can't prove they send me my book nor can they tell me anything about the shipping !
No tracking
No Parcel number !

They just take your money !!

modified review This review was modified by rawoke on February 03 2014 06:16:20 AM

"We have ordered books through AbeBooks in the past and have not had any problems. Recently however, I ordered and paid for a book but it never arrived. After working with their customer service online, they refunded my money. I feel comfortable that if there is a problem then AbeBooks will resolve it fairly."

"I got scammed through one of the sellers on this site (Amazing Books International). Bought a book, paid for it through PayPal and then the wait commenced.... Emailed the seller multiple times and they had many excuses as to why it hadn't come.

After a month and a half of no book, I emailed AbeBooks about the seller. They said they couldn't do anything except try and contact the seller, which they did. After this they said they couldn't do anything except offer me a 10% discount on my next purchase. Needless to say I went and bought the book elsewhere. Still haven't received it (or a refund) from the seller on AbeBooks.

modified review This review was modified by Mcgrew1 on October 09 2013 03:59:31 PM

"I ordered a book from Abebooks that was supposed to be in stock. After one week I began trying to contact them because I needed the book right away for school. I began sending daily emails and calling. Every time I called I received an answering machine. They never responded to any of my emails or phone messages. I filed a dispute with my credit card company, but did receive the book the following day. Two and a half weeks was bad enough, but there customer service was the worse I every seen."

modified review This review was modified by pkor1111 on September 09 2013 07:36:49 PM

AbeBooks / Because You Read is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AbeBooks / Because You Read is not a merchant member
AbeBooks / Because You Read does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!