"Two years ago I ordered a camera, lens and filters from AAA Camera. The lens was received but the wrong camera body was shipped and the filters were cracked (the filters were well packaged so the damage was before shipment). I was told to return the camera body and filters and that they would be replaced promptly. Months passed by with dozens of phone calls and emails and still no replacements. Every call was met with a different story. The camera is back ordered, the camera shipped last week, the camera will ship next week, we're just packing it up now, etc. Service reps would even give out phoney names to try and stall you when you called back. I tried to get the Better Business Bureau to help but after repeated failed attempts they finally sent me a letter saying that they had given up. Just do a Google search on "AAA-Camera complaints" and you will find hundreds of complaints about this company. Avoid, avoid, avoid!"

"BEWARE!!!! This is a con opperation. Before you place and order, take a look at their Web Site. Notice that they are "moving" and they don't have any working phone #s. They have conned many international buyers and have been bombarded by complaints to the Better Business Buearu."

"Placed an order for a rangefinder in May crediet card not been debited and goods not sent looks like I have been very lucky after reading the comments on this board Phew !"

"This company is apparently an absolute joke and I am very glad to have found this review board. I tried to purchase a tripod last year, and after a week, or longer I was told the item was not in stock, and could not be delivered on time. Also thought I would try them again today 4-20-04 for the purchase of some Leica binoculars that they were advertising for $400 less than normal, but I found that no phone numbers worked, and the company could not be found in directory assistance as even being in New York. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

"This company is ripping of people and the appropriate authorities sould do something about it. For the past year they didn't deliver any of their orders but still collected the money. Don't EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY from this company."

"Made an order on line. It's been almost two weeks without goods showing up. I tried to contact them twice via e-mails. The phones that are listed on the website are not operational. No responce to any of them. Dangerously unacceptable service."

"I placed an order for Pyle Woofers 8 days ago, again like everyone else here, I have not heard any feedback from them, nor has my Visa been charged yet, which is good, because I have sent instructions to my bank to Stop this payment before it's processed...what kind of company doesn't have working phones? I am going to get these from www.partsexpress.com, they are an awesome online stereo parts retailer..."

modified review This review was modified by fboog on March 23 2004 07:37:13 PM

"Absolutly worthless!! Had to call directory assistance to find a working phone number. When I talked to the employee he stated that "we didn't charge you because we do not have the items in stock". I never received any communication indicating a problem or delay, in fact I had to contact them to find this out. Completly unprofessional and unreliable."

"I ordered a yashica camera by telephone and sent a check for $197.14 on November 18,2003. I have not received the camera and there is no respone to my e-mails and calls.

B. Gift

"please help me!

I'm contacting users in this forum because I've just placed an order on the infamous AAACamera, this mornig.
I've paid by credit card. I'm from Italy.

Reading here I've understand that the better thing is to call my credit card company and refute the payment before it arrives!

But to call my credit card company asking to block the payment, I've to provide what name they charge on the credit card receipt: "AAACamera" or another name?

Anyone could help?

Hope my english it's not too bad.

Thank you all.

"uaberry,
I had the unfortunate luck of trying to buy a Speedlite EX550 from AAA. Just like all other people here I never received the merchandise eventhough AAA sent me several fake UPSP ID numbers that can't be tracked. I had paid with my credit card (not through paypal). I called my bank and told them that i never received the order and the money eventually got refunded(2 weeks roughly). On a dispute like this the merchant has to show the bank some sort of proof of delivery, eg your signiture that you received the order.
Hope this helps. I don't know if you have any chance of getting your money back without having to go to small claims since you paid through pay pal.

Good luck

"It has been over a month and a half since I first ordered a couple of lenses. I have called and cancelled my order over four times now. The person on the phone, the same guy every time, says that he does not know why it was not taken care of and that he will cancel my order. Pay pal will not refund my money, does any one know if I am legally aloud to cancel this through my credit card (Paypal uses my credit card)?

Is there anything we can do to stop this company? I filed a complaint on bbb.org, and have noticed that they have over 240 complaints. I am waiting on hearing from them. I would be more than willing to join anything to help stop this company.

"Purchased camera online. They had claimed it has U.S. warranty and made no mention of the fact that they would switch the manufacturer's lens with some thrid-rate aftermarket lens. camera arrived in not-new condition, gray market and with cheap lens. Attempts to rectify were met with arrogance and rudeness. These people should NOT be in the retail business.

I couldn't find the original invoice, but if you really need it to include my rating, please let me know.

"This company's phone number is not as listed, employees will not say if the item shipped or even how it shipped, and stopped answering the phone completely after 12/18/03. "

"Glad I stayed clear!! I almost bought a Tokina lens from these folks. I had been very skeptical cuz it clearly states on the website "USA warranty might be additional". I called to confirm USA warranty and they said "YES". BULLSH*T!!! They are selling GREY market crap...ripping off people! STAY AWAY!!

modified review This review was modified by amosstarz on November 18 2007 08:53:00 PM

AAA Camera is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AAA Camera is not a merchant member
AAA Camera does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!