A1 Wireless / whereismyorder.com / InPhonic Reviews - a1wireless.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.50/10 55 reviews

A1 Wireless / whereismyorder.com / InPhonic is not a merchant member
A1 Wireless / whereismyorder.com / InPhonic does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Inphonic has now become Simplexity.com. Watch out, they are the same company run by the same questionable people. Everything below that applied to Inphonic now applies to Simplexity.com. Buyer beware."

"I purchased a cell phone from A1 Wireless and sumbmitted two rebate forms for $100. I get the $30 rebate after sveral phone calls and never got the $70 rebate. Last time I called, I was told it was still processing. This week I called again, the phone number is out of service. Based on other similar complains, it is now clear to me that this store is simply a cheater. "

Rating 8/104/5

"this is a good company. got my case quickly. when I did have an issue with me entering the address they fixed it quickly no problem."

"Beware of these two companies (Intelenet Wireless/ InPhonic Inc)! Don't buy anything from them!!!

I ordered two Motorola cell phones from the internet company INTELENET Wireless in March of 2006; each cell phone came with $165 worth of rebates. Strictly following the prescribed instructions accompanying the rebates, I sent all the required materials (including UPC Code, the receipt, the phone bill, the rebate form, etc.) to all the correct addresses in June 2006. In September, I realized that nothing has been update on their website, so I called them. The employee told me that all the rebates were still processing. It wasn’t until well into November that I received any rebates, and only one $70 arrived.

For the other $70, I received a letter saying I had not sent a UPC code. I sent the UPC code long before the deadline even though I distinctly remember putting in the UPC code before. After many long months, I found out through the website that my rebate was denied. I was told that the letter was postmarked late. When I called them they told me that it was postmarked one day after it was due and I immediately pointed out that that particular day was a Sunday. The funny this is that after this they changed the date of the late postmark to three days after the deadline.

As for the two $95, I called them in November and the company claimed either never to have received it or processed it. The customer service employee suggested that I send in the rebates again, which I did. After another four-month wait, I was finally told that these two $95 rebates have also been denied because they were late.

Of the $330 I was supposed to receive, I only got $70, and for the remainder, the company just made ridiculous excuses and lies to rip me off.

When I went online, I was very surprised to see over 3000 people who have had the same story as me and who have complained likewise concerning this company. I do not understand why they are still in business or existent at all.

I plan to (1) report this company to the BBB and the FCC (2) join in any actions taking place against this company and (3) I will leave the comments of me and others on every internet forum I can get to in order to spread their scam.

This company has taken money from me. I will do whatever it takes to get my money back and bring these businesses down. I’m sure that I will make the company lose much more money than the amount they stole from me.

"I purchased dual Razr cell phones for my kids last Christmas and was supposed to receive a total of $500 in rebates making both phones basically free. I submitted all 4 rebates twice by certified mail and after over one year I receive a letter stating that I did not submit the rebate forms between a minimum of 60 days after activation (October 27, 2005) and a maximum of 120 days after activation. The second set of rebate forms were mailed out on February 11, 2006 by certified mail well within this time frame.
I can only conlude that they are liars and scam artists!

Most sincerely,

Jack A Long

"I, along with what may be a couple thousand or more other consumers have been scammed by this company with regard to their rebate program. They promise rebates, but then make up an excuse not to honor them.

The Office of the Attorney General, Washington D.C. (the headquarters of Inphonic, Inc., the parent company of A1 Wireless) is suing the company in September regarding this fraud.

Anyone who has been scammed by this company should contact the Washington D.C. Attorney General's office as soon as possible in order to be included in this lawsuit (the lawsuit is not limited to people living in the D.C. area).

You can read about the upcoming lawsuit as well as file a complaint at:

The lawsuit details can be viewed at the above site by clicking on "DC's AG sues popular wireless marketer"

Also, there are numerous posts regarding this company and its business practices at http://www.ripoffreport.com

UPDATE: The Attorney General's office has advised that rather than submitting a complaint via their website, consumers should either fax the complaint to: (202) 727-6546
or
landmail the complaint to:
Office of the Attorney General
Consumer and Trade Protection Section
441 Fourth Street NW, Suite 450 North
Washington, DC 20001

modified review This review was modified by consumerwarrior on July 20 2006 09:01:47 AM

"A1 MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT TO COLLECT THE REBATE..FIRST THEY SAID I MAILED IN FOR REBATE TOO EARLY AND WHEN I RESUBMITTED IT THEY CLAIMED IT WAS LATE...THEY RECEIVED THEIR COMMISSION FROM T MOBILE AND I FULLFILLED MY OBLIGATION WITH T MOBILE....THEY ARE REJECTING MY REBATE ON A TECHNICALITY....THEY MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO COLLECT REBATES.....BUYER BEWARE....ALSO NO ONE TO SPEAK TO ON THE TELEPHONE AND NO ADDRESS...BUYER BEWARE "

"Like most of the people who (positively) rate the Wirefly (the company owned by Inphonic Inc wich also operates under names myrateplan.com, inphonic.com, Wirefly.com, a1wireless.com, cellphonerebates.com) the initial bying experience was good. The price (their main trap) was good and the shipment was prompt. No complaints. But then the problems began. First they (by mistake?) assign non-local numbers to 2 of my new T-Mobile Motorola V600s. It had to be corrected. The major porblem with them is the rebates they promise. You are better to buy a phone at T-mobile location than hope (as I did) to get them. The setup of the scam is the following. They ask you to send 4 separate rebates (2 Customer loyalty and 2 Customer Appreciation) and send in Separate envelopes. Then part of the rebates (2 in my case) gets "lost" despite sent in serified evelope. After you naively check with them "after 6-8 weeks" they say they have not receive smth and ask to re-submit. After you resubmit lost rebates the time frame of rebate passes and you got rejected because "Dates of submitted wireless bills do not fall within the date range specified on the rebate form." Calling, complaining, and talking to their Rebate Center is useless. I am trying to resolve the issue for almost a year at the moment. No success. If you want to risk your luck, go ahead. but before tru to read their reviews (on any of the names i provide here) or in BBB (under name Inphonic inc) at http://www.dc.bbb.org/codbrep.html?ID=23004111&wlcl=y

"A.K.A INPHONIC Their rebate offers are a scam - they have no intention of ever paying them. I've complied with every condition to get my rebates and they won't send them, even after telling me that I DO qualify for the rebates. Very dishonest company. Only order from them if you want to get ripped off. Also, see their ratings with ripoffreport.com and the Better Business Bureau. You'll see that what I'm telling you is their normal way of doing business. Don't be a sucker."

modified review This review was modified by kenzhaus69 on April 12 2006 09:56:46 AM

"oh man my rebate is also denied for saying my upc code is not valid for the promotion and there is no custmer service.I bought two motorola razr v3 silver phone ( with t-mobile service )paid $500.rebate was also $500 but i lost and i dont have a phone box anymore i did send whatever i got from a1wireless but its denied. if anyone has motorola grey box for razrv3 ( t mobile ) pls can anyone fax a copy for that upc code @ 14258716079 pls . so atleast i can try for rebate again. i know i wont get it but?"

"a1wireless seems to have many people of the same opinion--they do not honor their rebates. so if you think you are getting a phone at a discounted rate, think again."

"This store is really suck!! because:
1. They never reply your mail. If you are lucky, you will got your reply within 1-2 months.
2. When they changing the new rebate address, they did not send any information or notification where you have send your rebate.
2. The rebate processing really really really takes long time about 1 YEAR to get your rebate.
3. I lose my rebate $100 and they dont care at all.
4. They do not have smart customer service.
5. They never send a notification by letter or by mail about whats wrong with your rebate form.
6. Trust me, YOU WILL WASTING YOUR TIME IF YOU PURCHASE CELLPHONE IN THIS STORE. (you have to send 150-210 days proof of your phone billing statement to send your rebate form) and you will not get nothing for your rebate.

In Conclusion, DO NOT PURCHASE CELLPHONE IN THIS STORE. THEY DO HAVE BAD SERVICES!! BETTER SHOP AT AMAZON.COM

modified review This review was modified by vy_liu on February 03 2006 08:47:49 PM

"I purchased 2 Cell Phones, 2 headsets, 2 FM Satellite Receivers from a1.wireless.com and the sales person said they will all be sent to me in a couple of days. When I got the package the 2 FM Satellite receivers were not in the package. I call the sales department on Dec 30, 2005 and they said the warehouse made a mistake but I would have to call customer service. I did and customer service said it was a mistake and they would contact the warehouse and have them sent. I waited but got nothing so I called customer service on the 19th and this time they gave me a story about how I have to deal with another web site and register and they will send them. I did not like this since I felt I had been lied to so I called customer service on January 20 and was going to cancel my order and send back the phones. They apologized and said the person had it wrong and that they will send the 2 FM receivers to me right away and I will get them by Friday 1/27/06. So I agreed. But they did not. I called again 1/28/06 and now the supervisor gave me the other story about dealing with another web page, it is their sister company or something. I was going to cancel but now they say it has been 30 days so they claim I cannot. They lied to me and strung me along enough and now they will not do anything.

I would like to cancel this order based on the lies and send their phones back since they refuse to give me the FM receivers in a reasonable amount of time. So far I have put the credit charge in dispute and I will not pay until this company fulfills their obligation.

You are very nice and polite and apologetic on the phone but you use this with your lies and deceptions to their advantage.

"This has been a horrible experience as far as their rebate situation goes. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY."

"Confusing transaction! I received my cell phone order promptly, but the number they assigned from T-Mobile was not a local number, and I had to have a new number reassigned.

Additionally, the rebate process for this company is very cumbersome with lot of fine print, and you must wait 6 months before submitting the rebates.