Stores > 86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.)
  • 86th Street Pho

Voice your opinion! Review 86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.) by clicking a star below.
2009-06-13

"Add my name to the long list for 86th Street Photo scams. Virtually the same: Ordered Garmin 765T GPS, represented as "in stock - ships 2-3 days." Two days later, I get email requiring me to call "William" to "further verify my order." When I did, I was informed that I "neglected" to order a charger for $149 to accompany the GPS. When I responded that the unit came with a OE charger from Garmin, he informed me that the charger supplied by Garmin was "deficient" and would "burn up the unit." When I declined, he demanded that I buy way overpriced SIMMS cards, warranties, etc. Once again, I declined, and he rudely told me that my order would be back ordered and shipped in 4 weeks. Two days later, I was informed the same by email, but on their website it still said it "usually ships in 2-3 business days," as it still does at this writing.

This is a scam. They will not sell an item at the advertised price unless you buy some other item(s) at such an inflated price as to make the purchase unwise. BEWARE of this seller!!!

2009-06-11

"Oh shit! Why I didn't discover this website before!! I ordered a Canon sd1200 from them. The same story, the same procedure. I received an email from them and I talked with William, a very rude person that tryed to sell me an extra battery for 79dollars. I said why I have to buy an extra battery and he answered me because the battery included is going to died after three recharge. What? Don't buy from this store, absolutely!!!!"

2009-06-11

"I purchased a digital camera from this company, and did not receive any kind of receipt. I have been trying to get them to send me one for the last 6 months, no go. I have been hung up on, cussed at, and insulted.I had the camera for 5 months and it quit working. Without a receipt I cannot get Canon to do warranty work on it. Not to mention, we went through the same sales pitches I read on the other reviews. I reported them to the FTC, Better Buisness Bureau, and I am trying to find someone else I can complain to. BEWARE !! Do not shop here! If anyone can actually find an address for this company please post it on this website so I can go further with this.The State Attorney General of New York could not locate an address for them. They are probably selling stolen goods out of a shack in an alley in the Bronx."

2009-06-10

"The 86th Street Photo & Video plays the same scan as "On Time Digital". I too placed an order and received a response email indicating I needed to call to confirm the order. Upon confirmation, a rude man with a New York accent tried to sell me a battery for $100. When I question why would I pay $100 for the battery when the Nikon p90 I ordered was $239? I told him he was out of his mind. I decline at which time he hung up on me. I received an email indicating my order was on back order for 6 - 8 weeks. I called the On Time Delivery (what a joke) 5 weeks after placing the order and the same rude New Yorker tried to sell me a camera for $1,400 telling me it was a good deal. Again I asked him why on earth would I purchasea camera for $1,200 more than the one I ordered. He said well you're never going to get the one you ordered. I'll cancel your order, at which time I told him not to touch my order. I will be taking steps to reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau."

2009-06-10

"I ordered a Nikon D90 camera body and just like all the other reviews got an e-mail stating I need to contact by phone to confirm order. After calling I spoke with a very abrupt and rude sales guy who wanted to sell me a battery for $159.99 and a memory card for $139.99. When I declined I was told I will receive my item within 14-21 days. After I refreshed my browser and went back the the website my item was back ordered. What a bunch of scam artist. I clicked on the back order icon and canceled the item. Please Please anyone who can read this entry don't fall for their lies. I also believe that they run the same scam as One Time Video and Stop and Shop Digital. All BOGUS. "

2009-06-09

"Please do not buy anything from this web site. I placed an order on Sunday for a Canon XSI with a whole list of included add ons and on Monday I received a call from James trying to sell me all kinds of expensive upgrades. I was told that one of the lenses was not a good lens and that I should buy a better battery and a high speed memory card. The memory card was "discounted" to $79. I can buy the same one at Best Buy for $20. When I told him no and I just wanted him to ship my order I was told that I was rude and unreasonable. I then tried to cancel my order and was told I would be charged $260 cancellation fee. The web site says a 20% restocking fee and $260 is far in excess of 20%. James also told me that normally he would waive the charge but since I was so rude he would charge me. I called my credit card company and informed them of the company and they will not allow any charges from this company. This is a classic bait and switch operation. Clearly they are trying to make people so mad that they cancel their order and they can charge the bogus 20% fee. I don't believe that they have any merchandise to send and that they are only making money off of the restocking fees. We found this web site off of the Price Comparison web site and I am sure that they are in on it as they gave 86th street 4 and 1/2 stars. I really wish I had seen these reviews before I placed my order and if this review spares one person the ordeal that I went through I will be thrilled. My next email is going to the BBB to report these crooks. "

2009-06-08

"Total fraud: 86th St camera, on time digital and stop and shop digital all out of Brooklyn and New York are. They all have the same bait & switch story. Advertise a good price on a camera; say it is in stock, then get e-mail to verify order. Then try to sell a $119 batter, !00 memory card all highly overpriced. When refused, the camera becomes back-ordered. these three companies are all in this together. I have filed a complaint with the BBB of New York City. do not order from these crook~!!"

2009-06-05

"Ordered a Garmin GPS 255W, since I did not receive my purchase after 2 weeks, I called to enquire and was told to wait for about 3 weeks.
Another 3 weeks later, I called again to check on the status of my order, only to be told to wait for another 3 weeks.
Before I could ask anymore questions, the phone operator hang up on me!

Everyprice.com award 86th with 5 stars!
Read the reviews for the other stores featured in Everyprice.com... and it is not hard to detect some collaborations here.

2009-06-02

"Having had a terrible experience with bingocameras.com I called 86th street photo and video at 1-800-815-2040 and made sure that the canon eos 5d mark ii was in fact a usa model, and with the usa warranty. I was assured over the phone that it was, and that the accessories included with the special they were offering were legitimate canon lenses and appropriate for the camera as advertised as "the advanced package #6." After accepting my american express card and telling me I had purchased the camera and accessories, I received a bait and switch phone call. The 86th store representative told me that the lenses that were in the package were not "auto focus" lenses that would work with the camera as they were advertised to be, but that for $399 or $499 he could upgrade me to lenses that would work properly with the camera. I was very disappointed and told him that I wanted was advertised, and he said no, and would cancel the order. I am in the process of filing suit in Pennsylvania under the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law for treble damages. I can't believe these companies profit at consumers' expenses by these illegitimate tactics.

Here's what I wrote them, but I doubt it will have any effect until they finally have to explain themselves to a Judge.

"If you don't reinstate the order and deliver what I agreed to pay for per your website advertisement, i.e., the cannon mark 5d ii with autofocus lens that works with the camera body advertised, i'm going to sue you for treble damages under the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law. Your unilateral cancellation of our contract is invalid and constitutes a fraud. Unless I receive written confirmation by tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. that you are going to comply with the terms of our contract, I will file suit.

Thank you for ordering with 86th Street Photo & Video
Your order number is * 622416-W

Marc Bragg, Esquire"

I wish I had seen all these reviews before I contacted them. In any event, after seeing them, I am filing suit. If there are any others that wish to join in the suit that are located in Pennsylvania, please feel free to contact me.

msb@lawy-ers.com

2009-06-02

"OMG!!! This is no joke. I was about to buy from this place till I found this website so I called them directly and they ran the same scam on me!!! As a matter of fact, I just filed a report with the FBI Internet Fraud Unit. I suggest you all do the same and shut these people down. Seriously, call these people if you don't believe this is true before you place an order online. I asked for a camera alone and they guy said it was backordered and hung up on me. So I called back, this time I said I wanted accessories and it was priced out at $169 for the camera (good deal) but then $159 for an extra battery! WTF!!! I asked him why a battery would cost $10 less than a whole new camera that comes with a batter? This idiot fumbled over his words and said it was a "special" battery that only this camera would take. BS!!!! BEWARE of these "worlds stupidest internet criminals"."

2009-06-02

" placed an order with this company may 30,and the next day recevied emails to call to verify, salesman was VERY VERY pushy and nasty about buying upgrades. Wanted to sell me a 3 year warranty for 149.00 which i bought elsewhere for 19.99, wanted to sell me Memory cards from 119.00 to 169.00 which sell everywhere for 20.00 to 40.00. wanted to sell me a battery for 59.00 to 119.00 which ONE comes with the camera and sell elsewhere for 20.00 to 40.00. When I told both these guys NO. they HUNG UP THE PHONE with NO good bye, NO thank you, nothing. Then an hour later my orders when into BACKORDERED. When i called to find out why did it Say IN STOCK when i ordered and NOW backorder they refused to answer and said it would be 6 to 10 weeks to get camera. They DONT answer emails or return phone calls. SO i filed a complaint with BBB of New York who suggested i cancel the orders and notify my credit card company. DO NOT BUY from them. IF YOUR order goes into BACKORDER you will NEVER get the item unless you pay for the OVERPRICED Accesories they are pushing. Was told there is NOT even a STORE at the address listed on their customer service information. SO THEY ARE RIP OFF and SCAM ARTISTS, DONT BUY FROM THEM. I also think they are going under the names of On Time Digital, and Stop & Shop Digital all our of New York. Again told there are NO STORE FRONTS for these companies they are just offices somewhere and dont sell the products. COMPLAIN TO BBB and NY State Attorneys office
6/3 update i filed a complaint with BBB of NY and today recieved email its back ordered 3-4 weeks and i can cancel my order. Also filed complaint with Everyprice.com where they are listed as low price sellers
6/12.2009 update, Order is still backordered, and NOW shows the price went from $185.00 to 119.00 and still shows IN STOCK on everyprice.com, this is a TOTAL SCAM and you need to file complaint with BBB of new york, THEY also removed their MAILING address from the website so you only have a phone number. This is also known as ON TIME DIGITAL, Stop & Shop Digital and probably alot more fake name. DONT expect to ever get your item if you DONT buy the OVERPRICED options

2009-06-01

"Beware! These people are crooks. Do not order anything from them. They give you a low price then try to sell overpriced additions. When you decline they tell you your item is not in stock. How do these people stay in business?"

2009-05-28

"This company offered a really good price on a Garmin Nuvi. I placed the oreder online, but they said I had to call and confirm. Over the phone a pushy, unpleasant salesperson tried to sell me extras. I told them I only want the Garmin. So they said the item was not in stock and they would send it when it was available. Three months later it had not come yet, and so I called to cancel the order. They told me there was a $100 cancelation fee. I said that I would cancel my credit card. The "customer service" person thought that was funny, and said "Try". All in all, a horrible experience."

2009-05-28

"Ordered product. Salesman told me it wouldn't work without charger, maps, memory card etc. I knew all I wanted was what was in the box. Terrible company! Cancelled order!"

2009-05-27

"EVERY review written on this page is 100% accurate. I purchased a Canon SX10-IS digital camera for the great low price. i went ahead and selected the next day air shipping for the price of $39.99 which is also reasonable. On the website, it clearly stated that this camera was in stock and ready to ship. I had also called before the order was placed to see if it was in stock, and whether it would be shipped same day or the next morning (it was mid afternoon when i called, and the man on the line simply stated they had it in stock and it would ship out the next morning (again... reasonable)). after I placed the order, i called back literally 2 hours later to be SURE they had it in stock and ship out the next morning. the salesman pulled up my order, and was EXTREMELY pushy trying to sell me a "discounted" SD card for $159.99, which he said was not the same SD card that i could purchase at Best Buy or Wal-Mart. I said no to his attempts at upselling and told him that i just needed the camera ASAP. after declining his selling, he proceeded to tell me it was on BACK ORDER. i then told him to cancel my order. He then immediately hung up on me (i refreshed my computer screen and my order had updated to "Canceled". I then immediately went to best buy to purchase the camera, and also bought the "Special" SD card (WHICH IS A FREAKIN STANDARD SD CARD THAT YOU CAN GET ANYWHERE) for $15!! Save yourself the hassle, the headache, whatever you want to call it. just go to your local Best Buy, Frys Electronics, even Wal Mart had this camera. Just buy it in person"

Share 86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.)'s store rating

86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

86th Street Photo & Video (aka: WiseTronics.com, Camera Giants, My Wireless Deal, Y.E.S.) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!