• Rating 0.67/10 36 reviews

5Stars Electronics is not a merchant member
    5Stars Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • 5Stars Electronics contact information

"This Company is a BAD company. Liars and cheats! Ordered a Sanyo video camera from them, listed as in stock. Received an email that day, after they charged my credit card, that the order had been shipped. No tracking information provided. Was supposed to receive it in 3-5 days. Didn't receive it for 18 days, and by that time I had bought a camera elsewhere. The camera did not ship from there facility until 12 days after they said it had. When it finally showed up, I told them I was returning it, and they tried to talk me into a 20% restocking fee. Nothing stated that in my order. They eventually agreed to refund the entire amount, but then when I returned it they only refunded 85% of the order price. I am disputing that through my credit card provider. Very sleazy operation."

"I purchased a Sony notebook on 09/10/2004 with an extended three years warranty at $399.99. Today 3/5/2007, I'm trying to find out how my notebook can be serviced but the company 5starselectronics.com is NO LONGER AVAILABLE to address my concerns. As a consumer, I'm very up set about the way this company doing biz - they're cheating their consumers and should be deleted as a legi website.

"My story is pretty much the same as most everyone else. Great price on Sony Handycam DCR-PC350 so ordered online. Next day the same email request to call them for additional information and then the sales pitch. Email then comes stating 4-5 week backorder. Call them after 5 weeks...not expecting until mid-March. No responses to inquiries.

This vendor is aka: AgA Electronics Inc., Buzz4Digital, PCandPlasma and possibly Landmark Distributors, which d.b.a. US1Digital and who knows what else.

I am seriously considering filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission regarding their "bait-and-switch" tactics.

modified review This review was modified by dljost on March 16 2013 07:27:34 AM

"Ordered a Panasonic PV-GS200 for a great price(this should raise a red flag). I received an email to call them to confirm the order. I called the next day and after several attempts, I was able to talk to a guy. He went over with me what I ordered and what card I'm using. He said it will be shipped out today. When I got home, I received an email said that it is now back order for 5 - 6 weeks. I cancel the order since I know this is just a scam."

"I was kicking myself for placing an order for an Apple Powerbook and then finding this website and poor reviews about 5Star. I was pressured into the 3 yr. warranty and paid $93.03 for Special Handling and Insurance on top of $49.99 for Shipping.

However, I have to admit, they delivered as promised, when promised. I was sent e-mail with tracking the day after I placed my order. For my extended warranty, I got an extra 512MB memory, carrying case and upgrade to 3 day delivery. Bottom line, I paid in total about what I would have paid MSRP at Best Buy or Buy.com. I did get the extra memory and case so I consider myself ahead. Don't know if the extended warranty is any good but essentially, it was free.

I did save money but there was a lot of worrying on my part. Turns out for no reason.

"I've read all your posts and comments and I feel so identified with this. I ordered a Toshiba Satellite laptop on nov.18. They sent me the regular verification email and went through all that. I kept calling this people and they tell me they dont have NO TRACKING # and they cannot email it to me because their server is NOT WORKING? When you send emails to them, it seems to work just fine. Also they never replied to any of my emails (post-sale), but when I ordered the machine and before processing the payment they seemed to reply quite fast.. coincidence? Talked to Tom and pushed me into getting the 3-year warranty. I agreed and promised me he'd ship the merchandise ASAP. That never happened, im still waiting. Everytime I called this guy Eddy gives me the same excuse over and over saying 'you'll get tomorrow, dont worry'..These people are crooks and this is some evident fraudulent activity. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PEOPLE or you'll have noone else to blame but yourself. I'm calling my bank to get my $ back right away."

"Tried to order from these SCAMMERS once, "BAIT AND SWITCH" program. Waited almost 6 months before canceling order for Sony DCR DVD300 with out there SPECIAL PACKAGE. I call numerous times to be told they would have the item next week. Finally gave up and canceled the order. All the want to sell is the Special Package that has worthless items that the consumer really doesn't need."

"This organization seems to be classic "bait and switch" pure and simple. Order placed April 16th, 2004 via web. Website indicated the product (Canon Digital Rebel Camera kit with lens) was in stock, and took my credit card info. Price $699.99 plus $25 shipping, priced a little better than most competition. Got a phone call next working day "to confirm my order". I was told that the camera would barely function without an "accessory kit" which cost about $430.00 additional. I was told that the battery that comes with the camera will only work for an hour. After indicating that my daughter a (photography major) would have to buy any accessories needed on her own, I was told they had to check stock. Couple of minutes later, I was told "sorry, that's out of stock", but they did have some that were "bundled" with the accessory kit and couldn't be sold without it. I was told that my order would be backordered for 3 weeks. After Calling several times, emailing several times, and being told that "they were sorry, but it wasn't their fault if the couldn't get the product", the order is still unfilled 6 months later. The website still indicates the item is in stock on 10/9/04. I had indicated I would be contacting the New York State Consumer Protection people and the Federal Trade Commission to register a complaint. Apparently they feel that they are above (or is that beneath) the law. I really don't want to let them succeed by cancelling the order. Didn't want to order elsewhere because I thought they might eventually be convinced to supply what they advertised, and I would have to return one for restock fees. My daughter has given up hope of getting her birthday (May 12) (and 2 years of Christmas) present. Don't buy anything here unless you like being baited and switched."

"DO NOT do business with this company unless you want a good screw job! These people are a bunch of crooks and slicky boys. All around dissatisfaction on this order and after order support. TOM gave me a total sell job and then didn't come thru on promised items, shipped a substitue item and was not even close to what I ordered, at twice the price of what it listed for. Then refused return on this item. BEWARE!! "

"SCAM! Ordered a Sony CyberShot DSC-F828 Digital Camera on July 23, 2004, website advertised as $579.00 in stock. After order was placed, I was notified that the camera was back ordered for 5-6 weeks. Went back online again after three weeks, the camera is now listed $689 in stock. Called Eddy of Customer Service 8/11/04 but he said that I’m #79 on the waiting list. They only get 4~5 cameras/month. Then he pushed to sell me the over priced accessary kit & the kit will be shipped in two weeks. When I asked why should I get the accessary kit when I still don't have the camera? They told me that I either have to wait until October or cancel the order. I asked them why did they advertise that the camera is in stock while they don’t have it? He yelled @ me and hung up on me. Reported them to Better Business Bureau."

"Yes, please heed all other posts for this seller. It is definitely a scam operation. They do NOT and will not have items at the low prices they advertise. If it's too good to be true, well it most likely is just that. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER !!!"

"FRAUD!!!
These stores will typically show up on all the pricing engines as the lowest price. This is their gimmick. These NY based electronics stores are fraudulently advertising their products!!! I went to this retailers website to order a camcorder. It shows the camcorder “In Stock”. I place my order online. I receive a confirmation email from them with the ironic message that they need me to call them to verify the order because of all the fraud they’ve been experiencing. They state in the email that it’s to verify the shipping info and item info. Then comes the hard sell of all the overpriced accessories! Then they try to sell the extended warranty. I politely say “No thank you” to all of the above. Then they say, do you want to buy the US Version of this camcorder, which includes the warranty. Nowhere on their site does it indicate that this is what they call an “International version” of the product. Then they say, do you want to buy a lens for this camcorder as the one you want only includes the body. Which is bogus since the camcorder I ordered does not have a removable lens!!! Stay away from any NY based electronics stores! Don’t even try your luck because you’ll be out of a lot of money and time!

"i order a toshiba S420 at a very reasobale price and they did the same as above: try to sell you extra accesories and when you refuse it they say that youur order will be delayed 3 to 15 weeks. You called them to change the shiping method and they hang up. I called customer service and he start using profanity and calling me names, puting music and conversations from other people. I called my credit card company and ask them to refused the payment. A few hours later they e-mailed me back saying that my order was candelled.
Be carefull guys this company is not serious, they are scam what we have to do all of us is file a complaining in the Better business bureau I did it today you can do it in this address;

I definetely have to say that I will not buy from them any more.

modified review This review was modified by joseant8a on June 16 2004 04:21:29 AM

"Same story as you have read for four pages.
Order, phone call, sales pitch ... and you are lucky if you cancel your order.
I received a package with a camera and lens in it without ANY packing materal ... The lens don't fit ... ac adapter can't be used with the camera (according to page 9 of the manual, the "protection plan" registration form is missing.
If you have not ordered from this company - Thank God and go somewhere else. Pay more ... it's worth it.
It's not a Company of service, only crooks ... it's a scam, they don't care if they ever hear from you again as long as they have every dime they can take ... it will make you sick!

"I placed an order, confirmed and a week later when I called I was told that they do not have it in stock, only if I want to buy a "deluxe package" for double the price. When I placed the order and when I confirmed I was told that the item is in stock. Nobody called or emailed to let me know that I will not get the order. I checked the wed site and the item is still listed "in stock". DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!! "