Stores > 42nd Street Photo

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.60/10 8.60/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.04/10 8.04/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
2017-01-09

The best experience I've had with a photography store!

"I have to say this is by far the best customer service I've had in years. I was really blown away by the help and assistance given, and in general just the level of care, even though I am an overseas customer from Portugal, the store was easy to reach online, had a really good catalogue of products, and a really well put together website. I purchased two lenses, and they were quick to make sure I would get what I asked for, and that all the necessary rates and taxes were taken due care. I am just genuinely impressed. I would recommend it to anyone looking for photography equipment in a heartbeat. My assistant was Ralph and he was outstanding!"

This review was modified by FilipeMarques24 on January 09 2017 12:15:10 PM

2017-01-09

Great Price

"Good customer service. The price is excellent."

This review was modified by PaulProm on January 09 2017 10:17:25 AM

2017-01-06

Great Service Great Product

"Received camera as described, promptly and well packaged. Would repeat transaction. Easy to do business with."

2017-01-06

Received a phone call about shipping

"Just a quick review to say I received a call from Michael concerning shipment of my Canon 15-85mm lens. Not only was the price the best I could find but customer service was great. Never would I have expected a call to ask whether I wanted a signature guarantee or if it was acceptable to just drop the lens by my door if I wasn't home. Thumbs up 42nd Street Photo! "

2017-01-05

Do not do business with them.

"This company is a scam artist. They have so many tricks. From when you order, they will stop the order. Ship the wrong product. Ship used and broken product. Do not deal with them."

2016-12-27

Great customer service

"Very customer friendly and quality service"

2016-12-16

Company Is resolving The problem

"Company agreed to refund us for the camera and lens we had the issue over"

This review was modified by katz3030 on December 19 2016 10:55:22 AM

2016-12-12

Low price bs... Forget it! You are not getting the best deal!!!

"If you order camera and lens for super low price, you won't be exited for too long!. In couple of days, a salesmen will contact you, to let you know that, you just ordered european versions with no US warranty. You will have to pay as much as anywere else or more for a product which will not arrive in original product box. They will also tell you, that european version of camera is not in english language. (maybe because in Europe nobody speaks English...). These crooks are not worth of your time. Buy from authorized Canon and Nikon stores!"

This review was modified by Swako on December 12 2016 04:37:44 PM

2016-12-05

Good experience with 42nd St. Photo!

"I recently purchased a Nikon D5500 and Nikon 18-140 mm lens from 42nd St. Photo.
Their prices are unbeatable! Plus, no sales tax unless you live in New York. Free shipping too!
I saved a ton! They even gave me a 3 year extended warranty for free!
I highly recommend that you check them out! Very pleased.

2016-12-05

42nd street photo

"I purchased the Nikon 18-300mm AF-S Nikkor DX f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens (67mm) and look forward to receiving it soon. Ive been very satisfied with my previous purchase of a camera body from this retailer. This retailer stands by the products sold and seeks to ensure customer satisfaction. Prices and customer service are exceptional."

2016-12-02

Best deal

"They have best deals. Delivered on time."

2016-12-01

Great Customer Service

"This is my first experience with 42nd Street Photo. They have exceeded my expectations so far on this order. I look forward to receiving the new Canon EOS T6."

2016-12-01

42nd Street Photo sold me a gray market Nikon D7200

"42nd Street Photo sold me a Nikon D7200 camera, that I discovered was a gray market camera. Even though my return was accepted, I would never do business with this merchant ever again.

Here are my reasons. First, the merchant knowingly sells gray market items without clearly identifying this merchandise as such. (If you are not familiar with what "gray market camera" means, or why you want to avoid gray market items, Google it.) When I received the camera, there was no warranty card, and when I called Nikon they told me that the serial number on the camera was not in their database of cameras authorized for sale in the U.S., and that the Nikon's one-year manufacturer's warranty would therefore not apply. When I called 42nd Street Photo, they did not apologize for having made a mistake, but instead defended the legitimacy of their selling gray market cameras.

Second, an examination of the return policy on the 42nd Street Photo website makes it appear that the company tries to make returns difficult. The policy states "If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for exchange or refund within 10 days of receiving it and after receiving a return merchandise authorization number from 42nd Street Photo (see exceptions above)." Many people would easily miss the merchant’s return deadline of 10 days. In addition, the website states “There is a twenty % restocking fee for all returns and refused shipments.”

Third, after I submitted my online order, I received a call that seemed to me like a dishonest attempt to pad the order. I received a call from a 42nd Street Photo agent, Robert, for the ostensible reason of "checking the details of the order." The agent tried to get me to buy additional equipment, and asked if he should include a memory card with the shipment. When I asked which card he had in mind, he said the 16 GB Digital Speed 700X for $124.99. (The card is currently listed on their website for $299.) If you check elsewhere on the Internet for which camera cards to use with the Nikon D7200, you will generally find recommendations for memory cards costing much less -- around $30. For all these reasons, I will never again trust this merchant with my money, never.

This review was modified by newyorkdude on January 16 2017 10:48:07 AM

2016-11-30

Excellent deals for digital cameras and lenses

"I was pleasantly surprised to find an excellent deal on Nikkor 18-140 mm lens - better than any of the competitor online sites. They have an excellent web site and it was very easy to find the item that I ordered. Within a day I got a call from the store - they verified my order and mentioned that it was ready to be shipped by UPS - no shipping charge - great service and peace of mind. I will certainly look for other photography related needs with the 42nd Street Photo store. "

2016-11-30

Nikon lens

"Ordered the Nikor 18-3000 mm lens recently. It was the best price out there by far. Shipped in two days."

This review was modified by JohnSz. on November 30 2016 12:09:12 PM

Share 42nd Street Photo's store rating

42nd Street Photo is a Merchant Member! Learn more

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,447 merchant members.