Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 9.10/10 1,741 reviews

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
    42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • 42nd Street Photo contact information

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.19/10 9.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.81/10 8.81/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10

All 1,749 Customer Reviews

"I was extremely satisfied with 42nd Street Photo. I ordered a Canon EF-S Lens. It was listed as used, but it was brand new. Also, the shipping was very fast. I would recommend this seller anytime to anyone."

"I was initially concerned about a shipping status with my order that turned out to be due primarily to UPS's mistake. A customer service manager with 42nd St Photo promptly contacted me and committed to me receiving my order ASAP and also included a consolation product of a high end memory card. He apologized for the delay and was sincere in his concern and explanation as to how the unusual circumstance came to be.

This was much appreciated and shows that the folks at 42nd St Photo are committed to ensuring that their customers are satisfied.

I can recommend 42nd St Photo to you based on my experience with them.

"Product arrived on time, in perfectly new condition (as ordered). Will gladly shop again if needed!"

"best price on the internet, fast shipping"

"**** Please read update at the end as well. ****

Due to an insurance claim, found an older Canon 50D camera body only on their site. It said it was new, so I ordered it. The info I got from the e-mail said just that. Then I got a call from their rep who told me that the camera was older and attempted to up sell me. I let him know this was an insurance claim replacement and I wanted the 50D. He then said it was a display model but would come in the original box and have all the warranty cards with it for a US warranty. I waited for the package and got it.

I opened it to find that they had shipped me 50D display model but no origional box or paperwork, I even got a used 50D manual with it, they sent it in a nylon bag. Being suspicious, I checked the camera with EOSInfo software and found that the camera was used, had a persons name in the owner area ON THE CAMERA, and that the camera had a 53175 shutter count already, thats half the life of the camera and this was supposed to be NEW when I first ordered it. Now I call them and find that they are closed due to the holiday, (Easter). I even tried to call the return number and got their answering service, so I am sitting here with a used camera that I did not want. I have also written them on their site and will be waiting for a response, What I want is basic, them to either give me a NEW 50D camera like they had on their site, or have UPS pick this up at no cost to me and then to refund my cost. I have listed my opinion here and will update it IF they take care of the issue.

***UPDATE***
42nd Street Photo responded both by E-mail and by a call. I was able to talk to one of their staff and we went over the situation above. They set up a pick up tag for UPS for the camera. They did not have any new 50D's so they also agreed to refund the full purchase price along with the shipping cost and for my time and for the confusion on this they shipped me a free 8Gig memory card. As of this date the camera has been shipped back, the amount was refunded to my account and a package that they have sent to me is scheduled to arrive today.

While this was not the outcome that I wanted (a new 50D), they did take care of the situation with the refund and shipping and as I had said in my original post, I am updating this to reflect what happened.

While not a 5 star experience, it turned out much better than I expected. 4 stars.

"Pleased with product & prompt shipping. Definitely use again."

"My D7100 manual arrived quickly and in brand new condition. If my aging eyesight could still read small print, I'd be very happy with such a compact manual to throw in my camera bag. Unfortunately, I have a difficulty with such small print. Perhaps it would be better if they mentioned this in their product description."

"My experience with 42photo is good thus far with no problems."

"Obtained defective item, not satisfied. "

"Shortly after writing this review, I received a call from a 42nd Street Photo Customer Service manager. After some discussion I agreed that perhaps I was being a bit too harsh. After all, my only really negative experience was having to deal with that insensitive moron named Robert!

I recently purchased a Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens from 42nd Street Photo for $1469.00.

Normally, I only buy from my local dealer, B&H, Adorama or Amazon.com. Due to some really bad past experiences, I avoid doing business with other New York based photo equipment stores. However, due to 42nd Street Photo's very high ResellerRatings score, I decided to take advantage of their low price for this lens -- around $200 less than any other dealer I could find.

I ordered the lens online very late on a Wednesday evening and paid for it with my PayPal account. When I got home from work Thursday evening, I had a voicemail from Robert (1-888-810-4242 / x5004), who wanted to "discuss" my order. I tried to call Robert first thing (8 AM my time) Friday morning, somewhat irritated that my lens order was being delayed for no apparent reason. I couldn't get in touch with Robert (I was told he works the "afternoon" shift), but a person named Adam, who identified himself as an Internet Sales manager, assured me that he would make sure my order was shipped ASAP. When I came back from lunch on Friday, I had another voicemail from Robert, who still wanted to "discuss" my order. Now I was *really* annoyed that my lens had not been shipped! I finally got in touch with Robert. When I expressed (in what some would describe as terse, colorful language) my disappointment that we were still "discussing" my order, Robert got very defensive and rude. At one point he said he would be "happy to cancel my order." When I asked to speak with his manager, he said he would ship my lens if I would say the "T word." I assume he meant if I would say, "Thanks." Instead, I said the "F word" and hung up on him.

About an hour later, I finally got in touch with a 42nd Street Photo "Executive" named Sam. Sam, who was extremely officious and condescending, finally agreed to make sure my order was processed and shipped that afternoon.

I received my lens late this afternoon – 2 days later than anticipated! It was professionally packaged and included all of the advertised accessories – both lens caps, storage pouch and a nifty little Vivitar lens cleaning kit.

Today, I plan to order a Canon EF 24-70mm II f/2.8L. However, in spite of another cost savings opportunity ($300+), I won’t be ordering it from 42nd Street Photo!

"I ordered the camera battery from Amazon, and it was fulfilled by 42 photo. It was delivered quickly."

"Wow!! Did I get Lucky finding 42cd Street Photo. The lowest price for a new Sony DSC-RX 100 model II. Cheaper than Amazon and I purchased from a real camera store and not some big box impersonal 1,000,000 square foot warehouse where no one knows your name. I would like to Thank Anthony the General Sales manager for assisting me in some questions about the best pocket camera made. He is the most knowledgable gentleman in the store so just ask for him!! His extension is 5003 tell him Daniel sent you, and he will hook you up with the best equipment available. Thank you Anthony and 42cd. Street Camera!! "

"I am very happy with my lens cap! 42nd Street Photo was very prompt and professional and I got my package in only a few days. Very pleasant to work with. Will definitely be purchasing from them again!"

"Very easy to deal with. Professional, courteous and prompt.
Well packaged item that arrived quickly. I would definitely buy from them again!

"I was satisfied with the price of the camera battery. It arrived on time and there was no damage. I charged the battery and it took exactly the length of time stated in the directions. I am very pleased with this camera battery and would recommend 42nd Street Photo to my family and friends. "