Stores > 42nd Street Photo

Customer service: Rating 8.79/10 8.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.93/10 8.93/10

2016-09-12

Superior Service

"This is the second time I have ordered a camera from 42nd Street Photo. Highly recommend them for pricing, service and reliability. Thank you...."

2016-08-19

Great NYC Camera Store!

"As you should know, 42nd Street has been selling cameras a long time, and they have it all. Selection, knowledge, price and fast shipping. What more do you need? I bought a Panasonic Lumix as a travel camera and I am very satisfied. I recommend this store highly."

2016-08-13

Easy as pie.

"Shopped around for the Canon EOS, as a gift for my wife. 42nd St photo had great pricing, and I talked with them (over the phone, with an actual human) about options, which was helpful. Sometimes you never know what you're going to get with online retailers, but this was exactly what we discussed. "

2016-08-11

Fast and Professional Service

"I turned to 42nd Street Photo after a horrible experience with another seller company I found online. I had bought a camera from 42nd Street Photo back in the 1970s so tried them several decades later when I needed a digital SLR camera. They were extremely helpful and provided fast and professional service. When I turned to them again for a macro lens for some specialized photography, they again provided excellent and fast service. I would definitely use them again should I need additional photographic equipment."

This review was modified by jimfarr3 on August 11 2016 06:22:28 PM

2016-07-12

Effortless customer experience.

"Shipped product required a return of which was done quickly, at no cost. Replacement Sony A7II mirrorless camera received promptly in time for vacation leave. Follow up call also conducted inquiring if pleased with the camera. "

2016-07-12

Excellent Service

"I ordered a new lens for my Canon tIIi a while back and had a great experience. The sales rep was very friendly and knowledgeable and pointed me in the right direction for the lens that would suit my needs. As a novice, I found this to be extremely helpful..and I saved a few bucks too!"

2016-06-24

Picture Perfect

"The camera recommended to me was spot on. Salesperson was not only knowledgable about the camera, but also wanted me to get the most I could get out of the camera. Pictures are incredible; he knew what he was talking about. Definitely recommend him to others looking for a high quality camera. Completely satisfied!"

2016-06-24

Quick and easy

"I just purchased a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 20.1 Megapixel Digital Camera. I choose 42nd St Photo because they had the best combination of price and positive reviews. Ordering was quick and easy and I received a phone call confirming the purchase and shipping which I appreciate. I would do business with them again."

2016-06-22

Love my lens

"I purchased my canon 24mm-70mm EF f/2.8L II USM at one of the 42nd st photo holiday promotion sales saving me money and getting an amazing lens that is so versatile. They hooked me up with accessories for the lens and was an overall great purchasing experience. I prefer to get my camera accessories and lenses from reputable companies like 42nd st. Photo. You can't go wrong. "

This review was modified by CandiceCarella on June 22 2016 04:04:10 PM

Camera in a flash

"Great company very fast delivery and great price. Very friendly everything as advertised!"

Picture Perfect!

"For someone new to ordering products online, I had one of the best experiences. I purchased a Canon camera not to long ago and it contained an amazing price, hd quality, and a perfect audio when editing videos recorded. If I ever need to purchase another camera or anything related, I will absolutely come back to 42nd Street Photo :) There are no better words to describe how much I like it. For the order date below, I don't exactly remember, other than it being in July 2015"

This review was modified by Rae.Marie on June 23 2016 01:09:34 PM

Fast Glass...

"Bought a Sigma 35mm f1.4 and Nikon 85mm f1.8 from these guys last year and the price was fantastic!
The order came really fast with out any delay or SNAFU, no bad surprises AND they threw in a set of filters (I really don't use them much).
These are still great lenses I shoot with them almost every day, I always check with 42nd street before I buy anything for my camera because I like to save money with no hassle!

Great Prices and Fantastic Customer Service

"I have been a customer of 42nd Street Photo for many years starting with the finest film cameras advancing through years of development of digital technology cameras. I have purchased everything from them getting the best price and receiving customer service next to none. Today there are so many unreliable dealers online today it is comforting to know that there is a company that actually not only has excellent product knowledge and great prices but they stand behind the products they sell by backing up the sale with good customer service."

This review was modified by markscharres on June 21 2016 11:54:38 AM

Great Products and Service

"Wanted a new lens for my Nikon and ordered one from 42nd. They called and informed me that I had ordered the wrong lens! They were RIGHT! They sent me the correct lens and some extra goodies!! This was my second purchase from them and it will NOT be my last! Great products and service, even when I didn't know I needed it!"

This review was modified by dix13ie on June 21 2016 09:24:02 AM

2016-06-16

You don't have to be a local to be treated like your in the community!

"I am usually skeptical when purchasing items on line because I feel you sometimes get what they are having a hard time selling to customers on site. However this store went over and above with their customer service skills and took the time to talk to me about what I was looking for and took into consideration my price range. I am a novice photographer and they took the time to help me make the best purchase without selling me a bunch of stuff I didn't need. What impressed me the most was the unexpected follow-up call to make sure I was happy with the purchase. Totally recommend this store for anyone who wan'ts to make a purchase with confidence! "

Share 42nd Street Photo's store rating

42nd Street Photo is a Merchant Member! Learn more

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,630 merchant members.