• Address: 378 5th Avenue

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.89/10 7.89/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10

"Ordered Canon 40 mm f/2.8 STM lens. Great price and great product. Good times on the shipping

Revised on 9/12 when I rcv'd my credit card bill and they had charge me $199.99. I had purchased at a price of $169 and they still advertise at that price.

When you deal with these guys I would say watch yhat your actually being charged

"Be very careful!
We purchased 3 Sony Camcorders on-line at an advertised price of $2199.99. Clearly marked you save $800. Then received a call that we had ordered 3 camera cases. If we wanted a camera they would need to up our charge by over $2,000. That's not good I thought and so asked them to cancel the order. I was told there was a 5% cancellation charge on all Internet orders. So I put the order on hold, called my credit card company and learned first that their charge had not come through, and 2, I could cancel that credit card number effective immediately. That is what I did. If you want to see the camcorder that is listed that they say was just a case, a $2,199 case, go to: http://www.42photo.com/pd-productid-105617-k-canon_xf105_hd_professional_camcorder.htm

"The price was excellent and I especially liked the personal email inquiring about the status of the shipping process and buying experience!"

"I was very satisfied with my recent purchase. I received the product I ordered in a very timely manner, and it was in excellent condition exactly as described. I will definitely be doing business here again."

"Currently working with customer service on an RMA. They were quick in getting a return label and after shipping the item back they followed up with me to make sure I had received everything I needed. I was told I would receive a refund as soon as they received it in the next few days. They seem to be taking great care of me throughout the return process."

"Good price, reasonable shipping. My only complaint is you have to talk to a salesman who tries to upsell more expensive products and accessories. It was low key and relaxed at least. I am very happy with my camera."

"Warning!!!! This store sells Grey Market products that means that the warentees for very expensive photography equiptment will NOT be honored by their manufacturers. I bought a Sigma 40-500. The focusing was not working with it correctly on my Canon 5D. I called Sigma. They stated 42nd st was not an authorized dealer and the lens had a 4 yr warrentee that they would not honor. Additionally they said 42nd was obligated to reveal that up front to the purchaser. 42nd st did not. When I wanted to return it, they said there was a 20% restocking fee. This was buried in their website. They also never sent me an initial receipt with this information. I have the lens working, but I am very perturbed by their dishonesty.
Update: Their list price was $1229. I bought filters for $100 and my credit card was billed $1600 Not $1329.
When I complained they offered to send better filters and a 7 yr aftermarket warentee. Initially I accepted, but the whole business left me with such a bad taste that I didn't want to reward their dishonesty. After discussing the circumstances with American Express, I decided to contest the charge and return the lense. I called 42nd st and told them they needed to send me a RMA and shipping label as I was returning the lense. They agree to do that only if I changed my review to reflect that they had fully refunded my money. They have fully refunded my money. If you want this hassle, buy from 42nd st. If not go to another authorized dealer.

"As advertised, very fast shipment, Pleasure to deal with!"

"Very dissatisfied. They use bait and switch tactics. Advertise very low prices online to up sell you on a "Retail Kit" which are the accessories normally included on a brand new unit. They tried to sell me a Panasonic Camcorder as new when they are not authorize dealers. How can they guarantee the product is new? Do not buy from them. Read the complaints on ripoff.com. "

"Completely satisfied with my purchase from 42nd Street Photo, but it took longer to ship than I expected. Wasn't the end of the world- had to go buy another product in person while I waited, but now I have two lens caps (which always come in handy). So I would wholeheartedly recommend it, but make sure you order at least two weeks in advance."

"I have been ordering from 42nd Street Photo for 30 years. I am always pleased with their prices and delivery."

"I ordered a Canon 18-135 IS STM lens in white box, removed from a kit I think. The lens arrived well before the estimated time and was in pristine condition. The lens was ordered through Amazon."

"The service was great and the product was exactly as describe I would definitely buy from them again."

"The product I ordered came swiftly, and was in great condition. I am very happy."

"Fast shipping. Item well Packaged. The item was priced fair. Thank you."

42nd Street Photo is a Merchant Member! Learn more

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,848 merchant members.