42nd Street Photo Reviews - 42photo.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.50/10 1,736 reviews

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.

All Customer Reviews (1,744)

"Due to an insurance claim, found an older Canon 50D camera body only on their site. It said it was new, so I ordered it. The info I got from the e-mail said just that. Then I got a call from their rep who told me that the camera was older and attempted to up sell me. I let him know this was an insurance claim replacement and I wanted the 50D. He then said it was a display model but would come in the original box and have all the warranty cards with it for a US warranty. I waited for the package and got it.

I opened it to find that they had shipped me 50D display model but no origional box or paperwork, I even got a used 50D manual with it, they sent it in a nylon bag. Being suspicious, I checked the camera with EOSInfo software and found that the camera was used, had a persons name in the owner area ON THE CAMERA, and that the camera had a 53175 shutter count already, thats half the life of the camera and this was supposed to be NEW when I first ordered it. Now I call them and find that they are closed due to the holiday, (Easter). I even tried to call the return number and got their answering service, so I'm sitting here with a used camera that I didn't want. I've also written them on their site and will be waiting for a response, What I want is basic, them to either give me a NEW 50D camera like they had on their site, or have USP pick this up at no cost to me and then to refund my cost. I have listed my opinion here and will update it IF they take care of the issue.

"Pleased with product & prompt shipping. Definitely use again."

Rating 8/104/5

"My D7100 manual arrived quickly and in brand new condition. If my aging eyesight could still read small print, I'd be very happy with such a compact manual to throw in my camera bag. Unfortunately, I have a difficulty with such small print. Perhaps it would be better if they mentioned this in their product description."

Rating 6/103/5

"My experience with 42photo is good thus far with no problems."

"Obtained defective item, not satisfied. "

"I ordered the camera battery from Amazon, and it was fulfilled by 42 photo. It was delivered quickly."

"Wow!! Did I get Lucky finding 42cd Street Photo. The lowest price for a new Sony DSC-RX 100 model II. Cheaper than Amazon and I purchased from a real camera store and not some big box impersonal 1,000,000 square foot warehouse where no one knows your name. I would like to Thank Anthony the General Sales manager for assisting me in some questions about the best pocket camera made. He is the most knowledgable gentleman in the store so just ask for him!! His extension is 5003 tell him Daniel sent you, and he will hook you up with the best equipment available. Thank you Anthony and 42cd. Street Camera!! "

"I am very happy with my lens cap! 42nd Street Photo was very prompt and professional and I got my package in only a few days. Very pleasant to work with. Will definitely be purchasing from them again!"

"Very easy to deal with. Professional, courteous and prompt.
Well packaged item that arrived quickly. I would definitely buy from them again!

"I was satisfied with the price of the camera battery. It arrived on time and there was no damage. I charged the battery and it took exactly the length of time stated in the directions. I am very pleased with this camera battery and would recommend 42nd Street Photo to my family and friends. "

"I received an email today regarding all these reviews. It was a manager. He asked for my number and called me very shortly after. This was around 9pm my time. Meaning it was about 10pm where he was. Thats what you call customer service. He was very concerned that I was not happy and made everything right. Even gave me personal email if I ever had any more questions. I would now totally recommend ordering items from 42nd photo. They highly value their customers and want to make sure you are happy!"

"I am very pleased with the service from this seller. I received my order from them 3 days before the estimated delivery date! Very quick service!! I will be glad to order from them again in the future and would recommend them to others. Thanks 42nd Street Photo!!"

"I loved the quick service. And my order was good."

"Had an misunderstanding with them but Jonathan made it right and even hooked me up with expedited shipping and a free memory card. Regarding customer service: this is how its done, people!!"

"Will do business with them again. Product was as described, fast shipping. "