• 42nd Street Pho 42nd Street Photo Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.61/10 6.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.95/10 7.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.58/10 9.58/10

"Ordered a Nikon D5300 instructional manual. I received my item very fast and it arrived in great shape and exactly as described. "

"Situation resolved in an appropriate manner. "

"I purchased a Cannon Rebel T5 battery through Amazon. It was very reasonably priced and the shipping (to Canada) was fast and also priced well. I would recommend shopping here and would purchase again. "

"Great service! I was able to get the camera I wanted with a great experience."

"42nd Street Photo contacted me promptly about an issue I was having with a purchased product. Upon having inquired as to my exact needs, Robert was able to resolve my concerns, and I am satisfied with the results."

"I bought a brand new Canon 6D body only from 42nd Street Photo on a whim that my experience might be as favorable as some of the various positive online reviews. I researched the pros and cons (the negative reviews) before making a purchase decision and anticipated a callback prior to shipping. Of course, the negative reviews always note the aggressive-to-questionable sales tactics but I was prepared for that and simply wanted to purchase a new camera body at a favorable rate in comparison to competitors. I saved a significant amount of money that ultimately led me to pull the trigger. While the sales tactics were questionable, ultimately, I ended up with a nice, new camera that came with a USA warranty. They're a business and they are trying to earn money even though they could use better sales tactics... Anyway, I tested the camera this past week and am very happy with it. So if you are prepared (research the equipment you are purchasing prior to talking) for hard sales and a somewhat slow ordering/shipping process, then you will have a positive experience with 42nd Street Photo. I can recommend 42nd Street Photo to others with the aforementioned caveats. "

"With all said and done, my experience with 42nd St Photo was good. I ordered a Nikon from their website on Saturday, and paid for 3 day shipping. On Tuesday morning, a sales rep called me and informed me that it would be shipping the next day, and wanted to confirm that I was aware that I had ordered the import, non-warranty version of the camera. As this was not my first camera purchase, I had read through the entire website (including the FAQ section) before purchasing to confirm that I was NOT getting the import model.

When I informed him of that, he said that if it's not marked as a US camera, then it's always the import. (Shopping on other sites will show that's not true, so I was a bit irritated with the attempt to up-sell me). I asked to have the order cancelled, and he called me back and said that the manager authorized him to ship the US model at no extra charge, and for 2 day shipping instead (as it was already arriving two days later than it should have).

The camera arrived on time, and is the US version, including warranty. So, with everything complete, I am happy with my purchase. I would definitely prefer that they update their website, but in the end they took care of the issue, and my camera and arrived in time for my event, so I have no complaints.

"Super fast shipping and the product worked great. Reasonable prices. "

"The battery lasted as long as the original one does and I received my order on time! Plus it was a pretty good price for a battery! "

"Poor website design.
Prices may not reflect actual product displayed.
Would strongly suggest buying in store.

"fast shipping and trusted seller"

"42nd Street Photo is the place to go for all your camera needs. Whether it's advice on what to buy and tutorials or if you need accessories the friendly knowledgeable staff can help you. The prices are awesome too!"

"I have placed my order almost a week ago, it still has not shipped, UPDATE#1 I was informed on eta, I should have my order at door steps on Thursday 5-28-15, no tracking # and website still not showing shipped status. UPDATE#2 got my tracking number, these guys upgraded my shipping to 2nd day air at no cost to me, bravo
UPDATE#3 my camera came as I was told it would 5-28-15. Packaging was good, all contents were as per manufacturer specs, I did check shutter count it was 0, yes I did get totally new product, initially I was skeptical due to some reviews and lack of exact information describing product on web site, I am an educated consumer and from get go my expectations were clear, we communicated only by email due to my job high security requirements, phone call conversations are not allowed, after all these guys delivered, quality product at the right price, with us warranty cards, I guess you got to set your ground with this vendor form the get go and set your expectations, I will give them 4.5 stars

San Diego

"I ordered a Nikon lens from 42nd street photo as they offered the lowest price on the internet. I received an email confirming my order. The next day I received an phone call from Ralph at 42nd Street Photo. He told me that the price was for an "import without warranty" and that this was out of stock. However, the "lens from the USA with a warranty" was in stock, but cost 15% more. I promptly cancelled my order as this was classic bait and switch. This company is dishonest and uses fraudulent advertising on the internet to lure customers. I see that others have had similar experiences. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS DISHONEST COMPANY!"

"Had a misunderstanding about pricing on a listing. 42nd St. responded quickly to resolve this. Otherwise, service was very good. Packaging and speed of shipment were great."

Share 42nd Street Photo's store rating

42nd Street Photo is a Merchant Member! Learn more

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,715 merchant members.