• Address: 378 5th Avenue

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.23/10 8.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.64/10 8.64/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.36/10 8.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.27/10 7.27/10

"Good price, reasonable shipping. My only complaint is you have to talk to a salesman who tries to upsell more expensive products and accessories. It was low key and relaxed at least. I am very happy with my camera."

"Warning!!!! This store sells Grey Market products that means that the warentees for very expensive photography equiptment will NOT be honored by their manufacturers. I bought a Sigma 40-500. The focusing was not working with it correctly on my Canon 5D. I called Sigma. They stated 42nd st was not an authorized dealer and the lens had a 4 yr warrentee that they would not honor. Additionally they said 42nd was obligated to reveal that up front to the purchaser. 42nd st did not. When I wanted to return it, they said there was a 20% restocking fee. This is not on their website. They also never sent me an initial receipt with this information. I have the lens working, but I am very perturbed by their dishonesty. "

"As advertised, very fast shipment, Pleasure to deal with!"

"Very dissatisfied. They use bait and switch tactics. Advertise very low prices online to up sell you on a "Retail Kit" which are the accessories normally included on a brand new unit. They tried to sell me a Panasonic Camcorder as new when they are not authorize dealers. How can they guarantee the product is new? Do not buy from them. Read the complaints on ripoff.com. "

"Completely satisfied with my purchase from 42nd Street Photo, but it took longer to ship than I expected. Wasn't the end of the world- had to go buy another product in person while I waited, but now I have two lens caps (which always come in handy). So I would wholeheartedly recommend it, but make sure you order at least two weeks in advance."

"I have been ordering from 42nd Street Photo for 30 years. I am always pleased with their prices and delivery."

"I ordered a Canon 18-135 IS STM lens in white box, removed from a kit I think. The lens arrived well before the estimated time and was in pristine condition. The lens was ordered through Amazon."

"The service was great and the product was exactly as describe I would definitely buy from them again."

"The product I ordered came swiftly, and was in great condition. I am very happy."

"Fast shipping. Item well Packaged. The item was priced fair. Thank you."

"The case was great! It fit my camera lens perfectly and it arrived in a timely manner."

"This is the second time I have purchased multiple cameras from 42nd Street Photo. The first time they did not send the accessories to my two sons, just the cameras, this was at least 7 years ago. It was Christmas and I took into account the time of year. I have now purchased two more cameras one for my son and one for myself, both Lumix GX7 camera bodies only. I received a call from 42nd Street Photo confirming my order only to find out the camera comes with no factory warranty (buyers beware) and they wanted to know if we wanted to buy insurance. I should have cancelled my order but did not as this might have cost us a 20% restocking fee and the last order had no quality issues. The camera arrived yesterday and to my surprise was very poorly packaged in a small box with only paper packaging on two sides and the camera box itself unprotected on the bottom and one side. This is no way to ship expensive camera equipment and although they have been in business over 50 years their packing department shows they are still packing things the way they did over 50 years ago. Why would they not use bubble wrap or packing peanuts when shipping cameras? Does 42nd Street Photo think that somehow these boxes never get dropped or thrown around? Seriously bad thinking! The owner needs to go watch what happens at any sorting facility to see how packages are handled. I can only hope no damage has occurred to this new camera. If you have to charge more for better packaging just say so. Another $2.00 would offer a lot of protection and the cost is minimal. Not a bad place to do business but if factory warranty and correct packaging are important to you ask before buying or you may end up spending more on secondary warranty insurance or even worse trying to resolve damage during shipping. "

peeech's Avatar
Western SC

"Ordered lens from this outfit. Couple of days later, received email asking me to contact them. I was out of town at the time, so any call to my home phone wasn't answered. Called them. They were nice enough, but person on the phone tried to sell me a warranty and filter. He said they were not a dealer for this well-known lens company, so there was no manufacturer's warranty. I highly suspect the item for sale was gray goods. I explained to the rep that I had plenty of filters for other lenses. He then said, "Well, that won't work. I can either sell you the package or we can cancel." I said, "Cancel the order, and send me an email noting same." In addition, since I was going to pay via PayPal, I sent 42nd Street's CS an email to cancel the order along with the order number. Again, I emphasize this rep was polite, but I shall not be a victim of this well-known ruse of being essentially forced to buy something else not wanted and not needed in order to get the original item purchased in all good faith. Very poor transaction. I'll stick with Adorama, B&H, and the many other excellent, forthright dealers who don't have this "trick" in their sales repertoire."

"Product in perfect condition, excellent price and fast shipping. "

"As described!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

42nd Street Photo is a Merchant Member! Learn more

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,880 merchant members.