• 42nd Street Pho 42nd Street Photo Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.03/10 6.03/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.08/10 8.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.62/10 6.62/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.64/10 9.64/10

"Resolved the situation with the vendor."

"I was about to download quite a few pages of the Nikon D5300 camera when i came across 42nd Street Photo. I then ordered the original Camera Manual which fits in my camera bag and it was delivered in record time. i am pleased with my order and got a chance to look at other items i will order in the near future to complement my camera."

"Bait and switch. I purchased a Nikon D750, the price seemed low, but 42nd Street had a good rating so I gave them a try. After a couple of days, I got a high pressure sales call for a memory card and warranty upgrade. That is when it came out, that the camera was an import model with no warranty in the US. I don't necessarily blame them for selling import models without warranty, but a honest dealer would have made that clear from the get-go and many do."

"I ordered a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon APS-C at US$729 & Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Zoom Lens for Canon at US$959, on Saturday 12th September 2015 via their website. On check out I paid for 2 day UPS air. I received a purchase confirmation email with my order number. The item was scheduled to be shipped on September 16th 2015. When I checked the order status on the day the product was scheduled to be shipped, it still stated shipping on September 16th 2015. On Thursday 17th, I check the status of my order and to my Surprise, it still said shipping on September 16th. At this point I wrote an email which turned into several emails to figure out why there was not an issuance of a tracking number for my package if the package was sent at all. Friday 17th, I checked again, and 42nd street photo's website is still saying shipping on September 16th. At this point, I became very uncomfortable with this purchase as there was no updates or replies to my emails. I then decided to called 42nd street photo and I finally got to speak with a sales Rep who asked what camera is the lens going on. A simple review of my purchase log from their end should have been enough to highlight what I ordered and no need to ask what camera I am going to use the lens for. After double checking my order he said they were trying to call my phone to tell me the 3 digits behind my visa card was wrong and thats why the purchase did not go through. On hearing this I checked in my bank account to see if the payment went through to 42nd Street Photo, and to my surprise it did. I don't event want to go on explaining this experience, as I am writing this, I am just getting more upset. Bottom line, I had my order cancelled and I am awaiting a refund which they said may take anywhere between 5-7 working days. What a huge waste of time. My recommendation - Never ever buy anything online from this seller. They never answer their emails, the online Customer Service Rep feature is dysfunctional.....My worse online experience. I have no intentions of purchasing in future at this store. It makes me wonder if the positive online reviews about this seller is real or fake. I tried saving a few bucks and ended up loosing out on a project i had to use the lens for. One word (FAILURE)."

""I ordered 2 Canon 5D Mark II from 42nd street photo as they offered a real low price on the internet. My own 2 cameras were stolen, so I needed the replacement asap. 1 day later I received a call from a sales rep asking me to confirm, that I ordered 2 demo models of the Mark II and not the Mark III. I was surprised, as NOWHERE on their www pages was mentioned, that these bodies are NOT new. Asking him about the condition he mentioned mint, the bodies were showcase units. So I agreed. A week later I received the bodies. One had nearly 6000 shots on the shutter, the 2nd one 3000. Battery, charger and strap were cheap 3rd party equipment. Finally they took care, problems are solved"

"Ordered a Nikon D5300 instructional manual. I received my item very fast and it arrived in great shape and exactly as described. "

"Situation resolved in an appropriate manner. "

"I purchased a Cannon Rebel T5 battery through Amazon. It was very reasonably priced and the shipping (to Canada) was fast and also priced well. I would recommend shopping here and would purchase again. "

"Great service! I was able to get the camera I wanted with a great experience."

"42nd Street Photo contacted me promptly about an issue I was having with a purchased product. Upon having inquired as to my exact needs, Robert was able to resolve my concerns, and I am satisfied with the results."

"I bought a brand new Canon 6D body only from 42nd Street Photo on a whim that my experience might be as favorable as some of the various positive online reviews. I researched the pros and cons (the negative reviews) before making a purchase decision and anticipated a callback prior to shipping. Of course, the negative reviews always note the aggressive-to-questionable sales tactics but I was prepared for that and simply wanted to purchase a new camera body at a favorable rate in comparison to competitors. I saved a significant amount of money that ultimately led me to pull the trigger. While the sales tactics were questionable, ultimately, I ended up with a nice, new camera that came with a USA warranty. They're a business and they are trying to earn money even though they could use better sales tactics... Anyway, I tested the camera this past week and am very happy with it. So if you are prepared (research the equipment you are purchasing prior to talking) for hard sales and a somewhat slow ordering/shipping process, then you will have a positive experience with 42nd Street Photo. I can recommend 42nd Street Photo to others with the aforementioned caveats. "

"With all said and done, my experience with 42nd St Photo was good. I ordered a Nikon from their website on Saturday, and paid for 3 day shipping. On Tuesday morning, a sales rep called me and informed me that it would be shipping the next day, and wanted to confirm that I was aware that I had ordered the import, non-warranty version of the camera. As this was not my first camera purchase, I had read through the entire website (including the FAQ section) before purchasing to confirm that I was NOT getting the import model.

When I informed him of that, he said that if it's not marked as a US camera, then it's always the import. (Shopping on other sites will show that's not true, so I was a bit irritated with the attempt to up-sell me). I asked to have the order cancelled, and he called me back and said that the manager authorized him to ship the US model at no extra charge, and for 2 day shipping instead (as it was already arriving two days later than it should have).

The camera arrived on time, and is the US version, including warranty. So, with everything complete, I am happy with my purchase. I would definitely prefer that they update their website, but in the end they took care of the issue, and my camera and arrived in time for my event, so I have no complaints.

"Super fast shipping and the product worked great. Reasonable prices. "

"The battery lasted as long as the original one does and I received my order on time! Plus it was a pretty good price for a battery! "

"Poor website design.
Prices may not reflect actual product displayed.
Would strongly suggest buying in store.

Share 42nd Street Photo's store rating

42nd Street Photo is a Merchant Member! Learn more

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,697 merchant members.