42nd Street Photo Reviews - 42photo.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.50/10 1,735 reviews

42nd Street Photo is a merchant member
42nd Street Photo participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,888 merchant members.

All Customer Reviews (1,743)

Rating 8/104/5

"My D7100 manual arrived quickly and in brand new condition. If my aging eyesight could still read small print, I'd be very happy with such a compact manual to throw in my camera bag. Unfortunately, I have a difficulty with such small print. Perhaps it would be better if they mentioned this in their product description."

Rating 6/103/5

"My experience with 42photo is good thus far with no problems."

"Obtained defective item, not satisfied. "

"I recently purchased a Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II lens from 42nd Street Photo for $1469.00.

Normally, I only buy from my local dealer, B&H, Adorama or Amazon.com. Due to some really bad past experiences, I avoid doing business with other New York based photo equipment stores. However, due to 42nd Street Photo's very high ResellerRatings score, I decided to take advantage of their low price for this lens -- around $200 less than any other dealer I could find.

I ordered the lens online very late on a Wednesday evening and paid for it with my PayPal account. When I got home from work Thursday evening, I had a voicemail from Robert (1-888-810-4242 / x5004), who wanted to "discuss" my order. I tried to call Robert first thing (8 AM my time) Friday morning, somewhat irritated that my lens order was being delayed for no apparent reason. I couldn't get in touch with Robert (I was told he works the "afternoon" shift), but a person named Adam, who identified himself as an Internet Sales manager, assured me that he would make sure my order was shipped ASAP. When I came back from lunch on Friday, I had another voicemail from Robert, who still wanted to "discuss" my order. Now I was *really* annoyed that my lens had not been shipped! I finally got in touch with Robert. When I expressed (in what some would describe as terse, colorful language) my disappointment that we were still "discussing" my order, Robert got very defensive and rude. At one point he said he would be "happy to cancel my order." When I asked to speak with his manager, he said he would ship my lens if I would say the "T word." I assume he meant if I would say, "Thanks." Instead, I said the "F word" and hung up on him.

About an hour later, I finally got in touch with a 42nd Street Photo "Executive" named Sam. Sam, who was extremely officious and condescending, finally agreed to make sure my order was processed and shipped that afternoon.

I received my lens late this afternoon – 2 days later than anticipated! It was professionally packaged and included all of the advertised accessories – both lens caps, storage pouch and a nifty little Vivitar lens cleaning kit.

Today, I plan to order a Canon EF 24-70mm II f/2.8L. However, in spite of another cost savings opportunity ($300+), I won’t be ordering it from 42nd Street Photo!

"I ordered the camera battery from Amazon, and it was fulfilled by 42 photo. It was delivered quickly."

"Wow!! Did I get Lucky finding 42cd Street Photo. The lowest price for a new Sony DSC-RX 100 model II. Cheaper than Amazon and I purchased from a real camera store and not some big box impersonal 1,000,000 square foot warehouse where no one knows your name. I would like to Thank Anthony the General Sales manager for assisting me in some questions about the best pocket camera made. He is the most knowledgable gentleman in the store so just ask for him!! His extension is 5003 tell him Daniel sent you, and he will hook you up with the best equipment available. Thank you Anthony and 42cd. Street Camera!! "

"I am very happy with my lens cap! 42nd Street Photo was very prompt and professional and I got my package in only a few days. Very pleasant to work with. Will definitely be purchasing from them again!"

"Very easy to deal with. Professional, courteous and prompt.
Well packaged item that arrived quickly. I would definitely buy from them again!

"I was satisfied with the price of the camera battery. It arrived on time and there was no damage. I charged the battery and it took exactly the length of time stated in the directions. I am very pleased with this camera battery and would recommend 42nd Street Photo to my family and friends. "

"I received an email today regarding all these reviews. It was a manager. He asked for my number and called me very shortly after. This was around 9pm my time. Meaning it was about 10pm where he was. Thats what you call customer service. He was very concerned that I was not happy and made everything right. Even gave me personal email if I ever had any more questions. I would now totally recommend ordering items from 42nd photo. They highly value their customers and want to make sure you are happy!"

"I am very pleased with the service from this seller. I received my order from them 3 days before the estimated delivery date! Very quick service!! I will be glad to order from them again in the future and would recommend them to others. Thanks 42nd Street Photo!!"

"I loved the quick service. And my order was good."

"Had an misunderstanding with them but Jonathan made it right and even hooked me up with expedited shipping and a free memory card. Regarding customer service: this is how its done, people!!"

"Will do business with them again. Product was as described, fast shipping. "

"Purchased a lens from 42nd Street Photo through Amazon. Very Satisfied with the delivery."