Stores > 39Dollar Glasses

Customer service: Rating 3.59/10 3.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10

2016-05-23

Specs per spec

"Yep, these glasses arrived per specification. Nice! All is well. "

2016-05-23

They broke my glasses

"I sent in a brand new frame to have the lenses replaced. After 2 weeks I got an email that they broke my frames. They refused to pay for or replace the frames (except with one of their own brand frames). Customer service was nice and responsive, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they broke my glasses. After searching online it doesn't seem like that rare of an occurrence either."

This review was modified by downtown213 on May 23 2016 07:46:10 AM
Rep reply posted May-23-2016

A rep from 39Dollar Glasses, 39dollarglasses, has responded

“Thank you for your feedback.
As advised when placing the order for relensing, breakage can and does occur during production. Typically, if the shop or lens maker has the frame in their inventory, the frame is picked again, and production continues.
In cases like yours, where you send us a frame for relensing, the same possibility that the frame can break during production.
We relens thousands of frame every year without issue; in some cases, breakage can occur, and in all cases where breakage occurs, we do offer to proceed with production in any one of our frames, as our primary concern is ensuring your have functional glasses.
While we take measures to prevent breakage during production, this can absolutely still occur; for other companies, you are still expected to pay for the lenses for that broken frame, as refunds are not offered even in the event of breakage.
At 39DollarGlasses.com, we offer to proceed using any of our own frames, to ensure you have glasses, but we do not, as per the terms we set forth prior to your ever placing the order, that should the frame break, we are not able to financially compensate you for the frame.
As per your review, you were offered the opportunity to proceed using our frame, or obtain a full refund for the order.
We apologize for any inconvenience as we did advise this information prior to your placement of the order, allowing you to determine whether or not to proceed with the order in light of our terms & conditions for relensing your own frame.

Warm Regards,
39DollarGlasses.com”

2016-05-21

Why pay more at your local store

"I've purchased dozens of pairs over a ten year period....My family and friends have had outstanding service along with quality eyewear......... The price has not changed either ......What a great company.....!!"

2016-05-21

Totally satisfied

"I am more than happy with my son's glasses. A complete pair for around $39 is outstanding! He has never broken a pair either. The site has excellent tools to actually see what the glasses will look like on too, since you cannot try them on before purchasing."

2016-05-20

good not perfect

"my ears are at different heights so the glasses don't sit perfectly on my face and i am scared to bend them too much. one lense popped out early on but i put it back in easily and it has stayed in place for a week now. not the best glasses certainly but worth what i paid for them. shipping was quick too - just a few days, ten i think. they came with a cloth pouch, a hard case, and a cleaning cloth. i think there may also be a repair kit but i was so excited to have new glasses i didn't look closely. the higher prescriptions like mine cost more, but it was affordable. i like them and would buy from them again but would not put too much money into it because i would have been disappointed if i had paid $100 for these glasses. but keeping mind that the last pair that i bought in the doctor's office cost me $600 (they were titanium and never broke over the course of ten years so still a good value) i think the $45 i paid was worth it. "

2016-05-20

Good Value, but

"Overall I am happy with my glasses. This is my second order from the company. My only complaint is that I had to directly inquire about when to expect delivery of my glasses. Most companies today send out auto-emails providing an estimated delivery date immediately after a purchase is completed."

Never let me down!

"I have been a customer of 39 dollar glasses for years. Great service, fine product and a quick delivery. I now get my son's and my wife's glasses here as well. Great job!"

I want more glasses.

"I was very pleased with my glasses, how quickly I received them, and the price."

Progressive

"Glasses are great but one of the lens doesn't seem to fit correctly."

2016-05-19

Selection and Service is great!

"I have been ordering from 39 glasses for many years for myself, my husband and my kids.
I work for an Ophthalmologist and I have been able to check the glasses on my lensometer and they are very accurate. I will continue to order my glasses from 39Dollar Glasses and love the service.

2016-05-18

I seldom wore these reading glasses. I dropped them and a nick got on both lenses.

"i like the frames and just wanted the lenses replaced >"

2016-05-17

Not a lot of bang for the buck

"Frames were a couple of notches under Foster Grant. Almost Dollar Store quality. Lens were great vision but again Dollar Store, only with a seconds quality. Besides the finish on the lens edge, they were very delicate and significantly less than my current polys.
Otherwise, the service was great, the shipping was prompt and the return process smooth as possible. That hasn't finished yet, but we're hopeful. My expectations were met halfway, sort of.

This review was modified by wynelynesetc on May 17 2016 08:44:07 PM

2016-05-17

Low price lenses

"I receivedy glasses and a littled. Disappointed.they are kinda flimsy and the RX not strong enough but I think that's my drs fault. Overall though good price considering I have poor vision and needed transitional lenses.they were also a little big. Second time iv used them. Wld use again"

2016-05-16

Snapped Arm covered under warranty

"Loved the price and look of the glasses. However, when the frames arrived one of the arms was so tight that within 1 week the arm snapped off the hinge on my new plastic frames. 39Dollar Glasses shipped a new frame under warranty, but I had to swap out the lenses myself or take them to a Lenscrafter store. I watched their YouTube video on how to swap the lenses and practiced on my cheap ($1) readers and was successful in swapping the lenses into the new frames.
Love the glasses, the transitions and anti-glare coatings are great. Just be sure to check over your frames upon arrival and loosen anything that feels too tight.

This review was modified by hsgidley on May 16 2016 05:27:54 PM

2016-05-16

Outstanding!

"Ordered for my mom and she loves them. I have always been very impressed with mine and have already placed another order."

Share 39Dollar Glasses's store rating

39Dollar Glasses is a Merchant Member! Learn more

39Dollar Glasses is a merchant member
39Dollar Glasses participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,592 merchant members.