Stores > 1stopbedrooms

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.23/10 8.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.46/10 9.46/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.62/10 8.62/10
Voice your opinion! Review 1stopbedrooms by clicking a star below.
2017-04-26

No Communication, Inaccurate Shipping Estimates, Unreasonable Delivery Methods

"I ordered a sectional sofa from 1Stopbedroom on 2-20-2017. Almost immediately, I received a confirmation email for my order, stating it would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Just as immediately, my credit card had been debited the 1500 bucks. Anyways, included in the email was delivery type "Free White Glove Delivery (Inside Delivery; No Setup)". No big deal... the delivery guys will bring it inside and all I'll have to do is unwrap, assemble some feet, and place where I want. Two days later, I got another email asking me to contact them to verify my shipping address; I shipped to an address other than my billing address. This actually seemed good on their part as they were verifying that I am who I say I am and not some credit card scammer.

Well... today is 4-26-2017 and I just took receipt of the sectional. It took 9wks and 2days from the time of order placement. The amount of time it took would not be so bad if there was some sort of communication between 1Stopbedrroms and the customer. Since the phone call to them regarding my address verification, I heard nothing from them until April 11th, which was them responding to an email I wrote them earlier that day; asking to be updated on the status of my order. The email I received was essentially a standard automated email when you make an inquiry. Basically, it says it may take up to 72hrs for a customer service rep to respond. I waited 5 days (120hrs later (April 16th)) before I emailed again to ask to get a response to my previous inquiry. Later that day I received an email stating that my order had arrived at the local delivery carrier and it may take 5-7 days for them to deliver (expect a call).

I was happy that it seemed this whole ordeal was coming to an end. However, I never heard from the delivery service until 4 days later on the 20th (which was a Thursday) and they said they are in my area only on Mondays and Wednesdays. Well, I work and had a meeting on Monday so I had to go with Wednesday (the 26th (10 days after the local carrier received it)) which gave me time to arrange my work schedule so I could be at home to receive the delivery.

Perhaps this should get its own complaint but the delivery service was not at all what I expected. Don't get me wrong, I knew I would have to unwrap, assemble anything needed, and put my furniture in its permanent location but my invoice clearly stated "inside delivery; no setup". The delivery service "Justo Delivery Services" was driving through my apartments when I was taking out some trash. I flagged them down and told them where to park the truck. My apartments are gated but you can access the driveways (just not the doorways). So, I opened the pedestrian gate nearest my apartment and propped it open. The back of the truck was no more than 50' from my front door and they started taking off the first piece and set it down in front of my door. I figured, at this point, they were just getting everything down and staging it. Well the second piece was a bit awkwardly shaped and they had trouble getting it through the gate. The older guy of the two (both of which spoke limited English) said "I am sorry, you have standard delivery, I will leave it here”. I am fine with working and carrying heavy items but if two able bodied men can't move this piece through the gate, how am I supposed to do it myself. Besides, my invoice stated inside delivery, not "standard delivery" (which is to the residence threshold or nearest access point only, based on Justo's site). So, I got involved and began to lift the piece above the fence. The piece maybe weighed 60lbs and the fence is only 6' high. One of the fellows began to help as the piece is awkward to pick up by oneself. After the 30 seconds needed to get over the fence, I asked the guy if he was serious and told him that it's not that difficult. He again stated that it is standard delivery and he is not required to bring in to my front door. I guess he had a change of opinion as he got the final two pieces to my door, at least. And as they removed the last two pieces I moved the first two pieces into my apartment by myself. After all was done, I gave them each a cold bottle of water and 5 bucks. I actually went to the store to get cash earlier, just for that purpose. I was initially thinking I should tip $15 each, until I realized they were there to do the bare minimum. I probably shouldn't have given them anything at all, after all I muscled all four pieces into my apartment by myself, but I was raised better than that.

Well, I did receive my sofa and a relatively good price but I don't think I will be ordering from 1 Stop Bedrooms again. The lack of communication is frustrating. If I ever contract delivery service myself, I certainly will never utilize Justo Delivery Services. 1% more effort and they could have placed the sofas in my apartment. Maybe it's a breakdown of communication between 1stopbedrooms and Justo but, All I know what I see on my invoice is inside delivery.

2017-04-26

Really? Where's my returned calls and furniture???????????

"Ok, so I ordered for the very first time furniture on line, not just one piece but a whole house full in the tune of around $12,000.00!!!!!! The order was placed the first part of February and here it is the end of April and no delivery of furniture that was promised within 8 weeks. Now that would be all fine if I didn't have to travel 8 hours one way to get to our second home and having aging parents that I help care for , so being this far away and for this time length just doesn't work well for me. The ordering process went great like all reviews say they do. Of course it would, they are selling you something. It's the customer service that **** after they get your money, every person has a different story as to where your items are, and don't even expect a promised call back!!!! I don't know how they stay in business. I'm getting ready to call out General Attorney and complain on this company. They don't want to wait on their money, what makes them think you want to wait months on your furniture that you bought and paid for when ordering "

2017-04-17

Purchase and Delivery

"I was unsure how an online purchase of furniture would end . . . First delivery attempt the guys left and said the furniture would not fit however after discussing with Jeffrey he rescheduled delivery and SUCCESS!! I am happy with my purchase and the service I received!"

2017-04-15

Very Helpful

"I've never ordered from 1stopbedrooms before. I didn't know anything about the website, but I was very pleased with how quickly I received replies from Customer Service. I have ordered my furniture and I am hopeful my furniture will arrive with no problems. If there are any issues, I will update my review."

2017-04-13

Ordering Simple

"The ordering process was simple and I am eagerly awaiting my delivery. The sales men answered all my questions and was able to send me additional information such as measurements through a link. After I processed the order he waited for me to review my order to ensure it was correct."

2017-04-13

Very easy transaction with excellent customer service!!

"I found the perfect Ashley's bedroom set, but didn't want to pay $5000 for it. I found it at a competitors online store with not so great ratings. When I found it at 1stop, I noticed they did a price match. There was no hesitation when they received the proof. Even though 1stop was already cheaper, they matched the free delivery and set up. The entire ordering process took 5 minutes. I can't wait to see our new bedroom set in 4-6 weeks!"

2017-04-07

excited

"great customer service.... just hope my order comes in quickly"

2017-04-06

Just ordered my bedroom set

"It was great working with Sales person and he helped me a lot."

Bed set

"Customer service was great. I was able to get more discount on my order. This is my second time ordering Ashley bedroom set from them. Love every little details. 100% satisfied "

Shopping at 1stopbedrooms

"I enjoyed my shopping at 1stopbedrooms. Your staff answered all of my questions correctly and promptly. So far it has been such a pleasure doing business with you. I will give you an up date when my furniture arrives. "

2017-04-05

Online help very helpful!

"We were debating between purchasing our Cresson couch between two websites. I requested online help to answer a few questions and because of how helpful and efficient Danny was, we purchased the couch minutes later. More to come after delivery!"

2017-04-04

Very accommodating

"Sales staff is excellent! "

2017-04-03

Great chat service

"Danny answered all of our questions and was very patient with us. I'll be returning to buy a few more bedroom sets in the very near future!"

2017-04-03

Sales Support is amazing.

"Worked with me on some combinations that weren't readily shown on the page. Fantastic deal compared to local furniture stores."

2017-03-31

Wront Item Shipped, Slow to Rectify

"Very negative experience so far. I ordered a sectional set 2/21. On 3/23, over a month later, I receive 2 pieces of the sectional and instead of a loveseat, a reclining chair which does not fit with the set and is not what was ordered. I emailed Saturday 3/25 w/ no response, called Tuesday 3/28 when they first opened and was told I would hear back that day. I called back just before close and was told I should get a response by the following day. It is now Friday and I have yet to hear from them. I would not recommend them nor would I order from here again."

Share 1stopbedrooms's store rating

1stopbedrooms is a Merchant Member! Learn more

1stopbedrooms is a merchant member
1stopbedrooms participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,407 merchant members.