Stores > 1-800-Flowers

• 1-800-Flowers

Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-02-10

My girlfriend is royally upset (cannot use the word I would like to)

"Ordered flowers for my girlfriends birthday. She lives in downtown Miami in a 47 story condominium. According to 1-800-Flowers they attempted delivery but no one was home. This is a doorman building with a concierge desk and they accept packages all the time.

There was no attempted delivery just a lousy email about we will attempt again the next day.

Probably good to know. I guess it could have been worse if the flowers were for a funeral !!

This review was modified by BlackisthenewOrange on February 10 2016 10:17:49 AM

2016-01-15

Planter arrived broken!

"You order a flower or a plant for gift to make someone happy. Unfortunately in this case, it caused inconvenience to the recipient and huge embarrassment to myself. I have ordered a pricey plant to be delivered to an office. Unlike other reviewers, it arrived on the date it was promised, but to the planter in which the plant was in arrived broken. Can you believe the inconvenience at that office? They have to make the inconvenient call to the customer service to receive a new planter. If you want a reliable service, 1-800-Flowers is not the place to go."

2015-12-30

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! I called placed an order for my wife's birthday. The day came and NO FLOWERS were delivered!!! I called to find out WTF, They had no record of my Order... yet, the Charge was on my credit card!!! They claimed I Never placed the order!!!!"

2015-12-26

"I will NEVER use 1800 flowers again!! For the 3rd time, they have ruined a holiday for my elderly family members. Placed the order for delivery 2 days before Christmas and was sent a confirmation. Then I was sent an e-mail the day of delivery that they could not fulfill the order until 3 days after Christmas. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!!!!"

This review was modified by jkalance on December 26 2015 05:35:54 PM

2015-11-15

"This is a pathetic excuse for a customer-oriented business. Waited until the day of my daughter's birthday to call me to say they couldn't deliver her present for another week. Really?"

This review was modified by newestprod on November 17 2015 05:22:01 AM

2015-10-14

"I wish I could give 1800 Flowers less than one star. My coworker and friend lost a very close family member and I wanted to send flowers to express my sympathy (10/12). The flowers were never delivered and I received a phone call the day after the flowers were supposed to be delivered (10/14) saying they cannot be delivered until tomorrow (10/15). I explained that my coworker would be out of town for the funeral for her family member and the lady goes into all of these additional charges I would have to pay to have the flowers delivered today (I already paid $70). When I wouldnt agree to what she was saying she hung up. A few hours later another person called giving me the same story. I told them to forget it and give me a refund. Amazingly I was able to find another florist for roughly the same price and the flowers are already out for delivery. I will never use 1800 Flowers again. Terrible service! "

2015-07-31

"I ordered flowers for Mother's Day a week in advance. They never arrived. When I contacted the company they said they could not refund my money because the flowers had been shipped, however, the tracking number they gave me shows that the flowers were never sent to UPS for shipment only a label had been created. The company offered a 50% refund and to reship the order, again the flowers were never sent. So I paid 50% for flowers that I never received. DON'T ORDER FROM 1-800-FLOWERS IT'S A RIP-OFF."

This review was modified by ripped-off-twice-neveragain on July 31 2015 07:43:06 AM

2015-07-28

"I was happy with the delivery to a hospital only wish there were more choices for hospitals. "

2015-07-22

"I ordered flowers for delivery for a friend's birthday in another state. I received an email at the end of the day stating that they weren't going to be able to deliver, that they "attempted to reach me by phone" and to call. Of course, by this point it was too late to get them delivered that day. The number I gave them was my mobile phone which I have on all the time. There were no calls received or messages left by anyone during that day, so the process started with a lie.

They stated that they were unable to deliver the arrangement because one exact type of flower stated in the online description wasn't available (It was a mixed arrangement). Seriously, this has to be a common occurrence, isn't it more important to get them there on time with perhaps a similar type of flower... I really don't care.

The call took nearly 40 minutes to simply reschedule delivery for the following day and they promised me a $20 discount on my NEXT purchase... thank you very much but that likely won't be happening.

So, the following day... no delivery and no call. I call them at 5:00 pm, they have no explanation for why the flowers weren't delivered the second day and only offered to deliver them on a third attempt. At this point I would have expected a larger arrangement, a discount for service fees, or something to make up for their obvious lack of service.

I told them to forget it and just refund me my money... which they say will take 5-7 business days. Seriously?

I guess I should have looked at some reviews, but I had used this service a few years ago and had no issue. I suppose the answer is to just call a local florist directly (I was ordering the flowers for a friend in another state). Avoid this company.

This review was modified by stevelovescars-55224 on July 22 2015 07:23:50 AM

2015-06-06

"I sent flowers internationally for a birthday. The flowers were old and wilting. The company enclosed a condolence card instead of a birthday card!! NEVER again will I use this company. Sent an email with this information over 72 hours ago. I haven't even received a reply that they received the email.
I am telling all not to use this company. Wish I had read the previous review. This purchase was for May 22, 2015. In Paris, how can you mess up giving FRESH flowers. If this company advertises international contacts, then their communication should be perfect, condolence vs birthday! Very poor communication efforts.

This review was modified by Disappointedniece on June 08 2015 10:38:22 PM

2015-05-19

"Worst company! Don't bother buying flowers here. You will be better off buying them at Stop&Shop and for much less! Bought a bouquet of roses for $102 and the recipient got 5 gerberas with lots of decorative cheap flowers. So disappointed! Should've just not given them a second chance! Do yourself a favor, buy from a local florist ! "

This review was modified by elenna on May 19 2015 09:58:11 PM

2015-05-19

"I wouldn't trust 1-800Flowers to babysit a pet rock. Absolutely the worst on-line experience I've ever endured. After they failed to deliver flowers the Friday before mother's day to my 90-year-old mom, and continued t lie about the delivery being scheduled for Saturday, I persuaded the heavily accented "customer service" rep to give me the name of the florist they were using. I contacted that florist and learned the order didn't exist. Sympathetic, the florist agreed to get an even nicer arrangement sent to my mom on the next delivery vehicle, and charged me $10 less. I'm still trying to get a refund from 1-800Flowers - they only want to send coupons for "my next order," which of course will be placed the day after hell freezes over.

What I learned is it is very easy to google reviews for local florists in any city, and believe me they really appreciate long-distance phone in orders. If you talk to the owners of florist shops you'll also quickly find they have constant problems with 1-800Flowers, and often refuse Bloomnet orders from 1-800Flowers.

This review was modified by pmcw on May 19 2015 09:41:05 AM

2015-05-15

"The worst service and the representatives are so bad. Please don't trust 1-800 flowers and don't place any order through this service."

This review was modified by Shilpitha on May 15 2015 03:31:02 PM

2015-05-13

"I finally called the company four days after the order was supposed to be delivered for Mother’s Day.
The customer service rep I talked to today said that the company was unable to find a florist who could deliver the flowers. She also told me that the company had left me a voice mail, on the same day I placed the order, informing me of this. She also said my order had been refunded on May 9 as it was never delivered.
1. I double checked my VM service and NO voicemail had been left.
2. In addition, I had not seen any refund as of 5/12. Finally after I called AND emailed the company, they sent me an email showing the refund. It also included a $20 code for a future order. Unfortunately, I will not be ordering from them again, so that is useless.
I am extremely disappointed in the service I have received from this company. Their lack of communication is appalling. When asked, I will be honest and let others know that this is a company that cannot deliver - literally.

This review was modified by DLRBN on May 13 2015 11:00:38 AM

2015-05-11

"AS LONG AS I LIVE,I WILL NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS FOR ANY REASON... On 05/07/2015 I ordered a gift basket for Mothers Day the 10th. When it didn't get there, I called and was told it would get there next week cause the order could not be delivered by the 10th. I was not informed of this at the time I placed the order. If I had been told they couldn't make the delivery by mothers day, I would not have spent the $200.00 with them.
I called again today Monday the 11th, and instead of next week they say it will be delivered tomorrow the 12th.
When you call customer service you get an over seas phone bank with a foreigner telling you how sorry they are, and that its better late than never, and that your Mother will still be surprised.

This review was modified by Lightingsam on May 11 2015 08:14:30 AM

Share 1-800-Flowers's store rating

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member
1-800-Flowers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!