Stores > 1-800-Flowers

Customer service: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

2016-06-24

DONT EVER USE THEM!!!

"I placed an order for a funeral and the pitiful flowers that were delivered were NOTHING like what I ordered and paid nearly $100 for. I was so embarrassed by what was delivered. It was a very small arrangement with 4 huge white lillies and those were not even in the original order. I took the arrangement back to the local florist and they issued a refund to 1 800 flowers and apologized and said that all they received was a partial description of the flowers to be used and the florist did not have all the same flowers so they made something up. She said that when you order thru 1800 flowers (which is also known as bloomnet) that they don't send a picture or reference # to the florist; just a description of the flowers to be used. If the florist does not have those flowers you are just out of luck . She told me that teleflora is the best service to use because they send a detailed description as well as a picture and reference number for them to look up in a book that every florist has. I emailed 1 800 flowers and they said they would give me a partial refund as well as a $20 savings certificate. I told them that was not acceptable and I did not want the $20 certificate because I would never use their services again. After the third email they said they would refund my total purchase price. I will never use them again and I would encourage all of you out there not to ever try them. I do not know how they stay in business with all these bad reviews."

This review was modified by Meemarachele on June 24 2016 04:29:07 PM

2016-05-27

Dissapointed!

"Ordered Mother's Day flowers for my Mother -in-law from 1-800 Flowers. It was a cute flower arrangement in a teapot. She collects teapots so thought this would be perfect. They did arrive (lucky I guess) but were in a decorative vase, not the teapot as advertised. I was very disappointed as would have never ordered if it wasn't for the teapot.
I wrote an email to 1-800 Flowers of my disappointment, they contacted me by phone to apologize , stated they would resend the flowers in teapot and send a $20 certificate. I was pleased they were going resend the flowers with teapot, however, they never did. They did send $20 certificate to me (like I could care less about that) with no mention of redelivering flowers.
I emailed them yesterday morning and have not received a response. Never again.

This review was modified by Djaske on May 27 2016 09:26:36 AM

2016-05-16

Awful Experiance

"Do yourself a favor and save your money! Ordered flowers from 1800flowers.com to be delivered to Canada. What was sent was awful. I sent an email to the customer services to complain and either they are swamped or they just didn't bother to reply. I will never use this company again."

This review was modified by Flowers-no-more on May 16 2016 06:37:04 AM

2016-05-09

WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

"ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY! I gave 1-800-Flowers.com a try to handle an order for me. I tried another popular online florist and had problems. I didn't think 1-800-Flowers would do any worse than simply not delivering flowers because they did not have the delivery address correct in their system. I entered it correctly and this other company just sat on the order until I called to ask where they were. This company did a much worse job handling my order. I called 1-800-Flowers.com and placed an order over the phone with a live agent. They took my order (order number 141961110) and informed me they would be delivered on Saturday for Mother's Day. They verified they could fill the order with the local florist. I boarded a cruise ship for a short cruise trusting 1-800-Flowers.com would take care of my order. Today, when I arrived, my mother sent me an e-mail asking if I was OK. I never have missed calling or sending my mother a card or flowers on Mother's Day and she was worried about me since she had not received anything from me. So, I called 1-800-Flowers.com and used the automated system to track my order. I knew something was wrong when I entered the order number and the system transferred me to a live agent. I spoke with Michael (employee ID 1599) who checked into what happened. He came back on the call and told me the local florist cancelled my order because they "did not have the materials to fill the order"!! Wait - I was told on Thursday that the local florist could fill the order! So why didn't 1-800-Flowers do ANYTHING to fix the situation? They did not try to contact me. They did not try to contact my mother. They did nothing! So when I asked how they were going to fix the situation, Michael told me he would process a refund!! UNACCEPTABLE! After going through all this trouble I expect 1-800-Flowers.com to resubmit the order and give me a refund as a good faith step to fix the situation. So Michael puts me on hold and comes back and tells me the local florist only has a vase that says Love, Hope, Joy on it and can fill it with yellow roses. I asked for a supervisor but was told the supervisor was too busy to speak with me. SO THIS TELLS ME THERE ARE SO MANY CUSTOMERS CALLING TO COMPLAIN THE SUPERVISOR COULD NOT TAKE TIME TO SPEAK WITH ME? I asked for the supervisors name and employee ID. I was given the name of Raffy and the employee ID is 5020. I asked Michael to have Raffy call me within an hour thinking that he could take a few of his (or her) precious minutes to try to calm down an upset customer. Well, I never received a call. I know there are others that have lost a lot more than $75 on their order, but to blatantly ignore an order and not even attempt to notify either party (sender or recipient) of a problem is beyond belief. I suggest for anyone reading this to save yourself the headache and look up the local florist in the area where the recipient lives and deal directly with them. I just can't believe a local florist would "run out of supplies" on a big day like Mother's Day and if they did, why doesn't 1-800-Flowers.com have a backup florist? "

This review was modified by winsteadr on May 09 2016 09:30:54 PM

2016-05-09

Aweful

"Twice I have ordered flowers for my Mother that NEVER got delivered. Never got a call that there was a problem. Will NEVER use again. When your Mother's day gift doesn't get delivered it is awful."

This review was modified by LuluPgmr on May 09 2016 05:26:19 PM

2016-05-08

1-800-Flowers we don't deliver

"Gave them 3 tries in 3 months and they missed on 2 of 3 opportunities. failed to deliver Flowers to out of state mother-in-law for her birthday and failed to deliver flowers to my mother on Mothers day. In fact, they never shipped the Mothers day flowers despite the order being placed 13 days in advance and due the day BEFORE Mothers day (just in case). Customer service was so helpful (spent more than 1 hour on phone) in that the best a supervisor was willing to do was refund my money and cancel the order I placed (i.e. We screwed up so we won't ship it and you won't be charged). In that hour plus on the phone, i was on hold for most of it as I worked thru one fool after another at all levels of supervisory incompetence. You have to be a fool to shop here as is clear by the massive negative reviews they are receiving. "

This review was modified by Patchie61 on May 08 2016 08:31:30 AM

2016-05-07

Clearance $1 store flowers

"This was some I would have spent $5 at best on. $90 flowers that looks nothing like he website is a joke. This company should be sued for their false advertising. "

2016-05-06

Never again

"If I could give less then 1 star I would

I made the mistake of ordering flowers for Mother's Day from this disreputable company.
I ordered them (at an outrageous price for the record) to be delivered on the Thursday before mother's day to my mom's work.
They did not arrive on Thursday. Thursday evening I called and they apologized and agreed to have them delivered to her home on Friday since she was not working on that day. It should come as no surprise that they are not being delivered Friday either. After 7 phone calls. Yes 7. The florist at first claimed that they had to delay the order to Sat because the address changed. (Because THEY DID NOT DELIVER WHEN THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD). Then a manager called them and come to find out they didn't have the flowers needed for the arrangement. And I could chose a new bouquet, but no way to happen before Sat.
I now have no flowers, and I have to wait 3-7 days for my money to come back to me. That was all the money I budgeted for Mother's Day. Now I have no money to get her a gift at all.
I will never buy flowers from this company again. They do not communicate with the florists, they do not verify and they certainly do NOT keep their word.

This review was modified by Nothanks77 on May 06 2016 11:48:55 AM

2016-05-05

Nowhere near the picture

"What my husband ordered for me: A beautiful bouquet of roses.

What I received: Severly overpriced roses jammed into a box, thorns, leaves and all. I cut my hands up arranging them myself.

Complete waste of money, time, and bandaids.

This review was modified by Murphylady on May 05 2016 11:17:47 AM

2016-03-27

Great experience

"I ordered flowers for my parents anniversary and they were on time and super inexpensive. I would use again."

2016-03-08

Avoid this business, not worth your money

"I placed an order early this morning. It was very upsetting that I had to call twice because order had not been deliver. First call at around 1pm to check the status on it. I was told that truck was doing the deliveries and it shouldn't be much longer. Second call because by 3:30PM my time flowers had not been delivered yet. My wife is only at her office until 5pm, what is the point of delivering right before they are getting ready to close if she is not going to get to enjoy her flowers for the day? 1800flowers charges quite good like for orders not to be delivered at least by noon. The delivery charge alone was almost $20. I feel I am not getting my money's worth. I had never had an issue before until today. I will NEVER be doing business with 1800flowers again. They should be aware that what they are delivering in most cases are flowers, what is the point of delivering flowers by the end of the day? I was refused a refund by them so I will refuse my business and make sure I let as much people know about my bad experience as I can. THANKS FOR RUINNING OUR SPECIAL OCCASION 1800FLOWERS! ***UPDATE*** Flowers where just delivered...at 4PM!! that is ridiculous."

This review was modified by imdehni on March 08 2016 03:53:49 PM

2016-02-23

wedding nightmare

"I ordered 2 mixed roses with Peruvian lilies double bouquet with vase. Red roses with Cali lilies with vase and one without. Purple passion roses with Peruvian lilies double bouquet with vase. Red roses with Peruvian lilies with vase and chocolate. The red roses and Cali lilies was for my daughters wedding bouquet. Mixed roses and purple passion were for the mothers. The red roses and Peruvian lilies with vase and chocolate were for my wife's valentines day. By the time the wedding took place the Cali lilies had died and the Peruvian lilies were shriveling and falling off. So after the flowers for the wedding turned to crap and everybody went home I called 1800flowers. I was reasonable I asked for the flowers to be replaced and sent to the persons they were originally supposed to go to at different addresses. They said they would have to refund the charges and run each through as separate charges in order to send to different addresses. I said Ok. They did not refund the full amount they shorted me over $100.00 and they over charged me nearly $200.00. It took 5 phone calls to get it straightened out. Some of the flowers have been delivered almost 2 weeks after the wedding. 1 bouquet the valentines day one is no longer available. The customer service guy was going through the list of ones with roses lilies and chocolate. The only one with red roses and chocolate had Cali lilies and was three times the cost of the one I purchased. It was ok for them to send dying Cali lilies for my daughters wedding bouquet but the couple bucks it would actually cost them to send them to replace my wife's bouquet with something acceptable to me was unacceptable to them. I had to settle for something I did not want almost two weeks after valentines day. For all the trouble I had to go through I got an i am sorry and 6 $20.00 coupons so i can get $20.00 off each order not to be used in conjunction with each other. So i can not get $120.00 off just 20 bucks an order. For all the BS i went through, phone calls, late flowers, dead flowers, under refunds and over charging I got nothing in compensation. Everybody gets the coupons so I got nothing special. "

This review was modified by earlcommins on February 23 2016 12:31:01 PM

2016-02-15

Horrible Service

"If it was possible to give no stars, I would. I placed an order on 2/8/2016 to receive flowers on 2/23/2016. I received a phone call from a company rep today,(a whole week later), stating I could not have the flowers delivered on that date. That the flowers could ONLY be delivered this Thursday, the 18th. When I told the rep no one would be home that day to receive the flowers I asked about Friday. I was told , "No". I asked why I could not receive the flowers on the date I requested, but did not get a satisfactory answer.

I asked about delivery on Saturday, was told "Yes", but it would cost me an additional $29.99. I told the rep to just forget it then, and I want a refund of what I paid. He said he was sorry, and that was the end of the conversation.

A couple minutes later the rep calls me back to tell me they will reduce the delivery fee on Saturday to $19.99. I again said, "Forget it, I'm not paying any more money." I told him to just refund my money, then added I will not be placing any future orders, you lost a customer.

When you are on their website ,I don't understand why a person is allowed to have flowers delivered on a certain date, and they later call you and tell you that you cannot have them delivered on the date you selected. For God's sake, do not allow a person to be able to select dates in the future. If you only allow delivery 1 1/2 weeks ahead, then why was I allowed to place delivery three weeks ahead?
This is no way to retain customers. Shoddy at best..
Oh, I was offered a $20 savings pass on future order.
The positive; the rep was polite, not rude at all, doing his job.

2016-02-14

USFUNDS

"I ordered flowers to be delivered in Canada because they had that delivery was from Canada.

No where on my order does it state that this is in US Funds. Had I known, I would have given my US MasterCard.

The Brockville Ontario florist shipped from Brockville but, my Canadian MasterCard charged me 42 cents on the $ exchange for U.S. Funds. What gives?

The bill was way out of my budget. I will not use Flowershopping .com, again.

2016-02-13

Terrible

"The flowers arrive on time that was good. They did not like anything like the picture I was very disappointed.I will never order here again. Terrible product!!!!!"

This review was modified by goCowboys2581 on February 13 2016 09:34:51 AM

Share 1-800-Flowers's store rating

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member
1-800-Flowers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!