• 1-800-Flowers

Product & services pricing Rating 1.53/10 1.53/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.18/10 0.18/10

"NO RECOMENDED!!!!! Don't wist time and your money!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Andy18993 on April 23 2015 04:45:34 PM

"I stopped using 1-800-flowers years ago when a flower arrangement for mother's day came completely unrelated to the one I had ordered. It was so upsetting to see my mother look at my in confusion. Half the size. Not a single matching flower or ornament as ordered.
I tried them out again for a friends birthday, and although the colors weren't the same, the arrangement was still cute.
So for secretary appreciation day I chose to use them again. WRONG CHOICE! I order chocolate covered fruit...they didn't have it. After the whole day they try to change the date, my order, and almost delivered one and not the other. How horrifying that would be to have one secretary feel favored! They had me on hold for 20 minutes TWICE talking to the stores rather than connecting me to them.

Nothing on the website matches their stores inventory. Same day delivery, charged extra for, doesn't actually exist.
I will NEVER use this company again. I am so disappointed. From a happy moment to a complete upset. I spent my entire break on hold and listening to apologies rather than solutions. Full refund (naturally 5-10 business days to happen), Ha!

modified review This review was modified by JRuszala on April 22 2015 12:03:08 PM

"Do not deserve 4.5 star rating...what a scam!!! Did they buy it....I ordered flowers, they missed delivery date, said sorry and would compensate and send next day.....nothing came, call the next day----had not made any arrangements. Refunded money, but occasion was ruined and they didn't even try to compensate, also rotten customer service, wouldn't say name, supervisor didn't call back, had to FB, Wesley Berry, owner back east....horrible experience, if was a zero star would give them that....didn't even try to compensate for their mistake after many opportunities"

"I recently had a close friend pass away. I ordered an arrangement form 1800Flowers four days before the funeral. Three days later I received an email that the arrangement had been delivered to the funeral home. When I checked, they had no record of anything being delivered. The next day, the funeral came an went. Still not arrangement. I called 1800Flowers to find out what happened. The customer support person was very nice. She contacted the florist and said they had delivered the flowers. When I explained that it had not, she asked if I would like them redelivered. She refused to give me the name of the florist. I will never use 1800Flowers again."

modified review This review was modified by hassey on April 09 2015 07:26:05 AM

"My son ordered an Easter flowers to be delivered Friday
April 3, 2015, the order also included chocolates.
The order was delivered Monday April 6 2014 after 6 PM.
The "flowers were bare stems, all the petals had fallen off, the chocolate was all melted.
When I called I was told they would re deliver April 8, 2014, the people I spoke with were not at all interested nor polite., One named Uno and another named Jill who was eating and chewing while talking to me and I heard kids in the background.
At 6:45 PM April 8 when the flowers had still not arrived I called again and spoke with Jill, she said they "had till 7PM to re deliver"and I should call back if I did not receive the delivery by 7PM. At 7 PM the package arrived,
I live in FL it was 84 degrees out all day 4/8/15, the truck was not air conditioned, chocolate was again all melted, and the flowers were not the same as the first delivery, the stems were much shorter, the "buds" very small, something any first time gardener could grow in a garden. Why would anyone use 1 800 flowers? You could easily save money by calling a florist in the town you are sending flowers to and they would be fresh and beautiful, and you would deal with local folks who need and appreciate your business.

modified review This review was modified by sandrahycynth on April 08 2015 06:08:05 PM

"I am soooo upset and embarrassed, I placed two separate orders for two separate days. The first one ordered for one of my friends was the 24 red roses in a Waterford vase. They were supposed to be sent to my office, in my name, to be given to a friend for a wedding gift at a surprise shower. Some of her other friends and I were going to go in together and buy her with a Waterford crystal vase but I had seen this vase w/ the 24 roses at 1(800)flowers and told them about it and they all chipped in. I called 3 days in advance and was assured they would be there on Wednesday, 4/7/2015 by 2pm, when we were having our surprise luncheon for her. At 2:30pm they had not arrived so I called the 1(800)flowers number (which is outsourced and not in the United States), but I once again was assured they would be delivered but this time I was told by 5:00pm via UPS. I was upset as this was so carefully planned but okay fine, at least she would get them on the right day. Well, you guessed it, they were a no show and we were in the office until 8pm. I called "customer service" (again, not in the U.S.) this morning and told them what happened and I am told "Oh, I am sorry, let me check on where your order is." I gave her the order number and the woman puts me on hold and then comes back with the wrong information! She pulled up the information for my second order set to be delivered on 4/9/2015 and says "Oh ma'am, you are wrong about your order, you did not order the ..................., you ordered the..................and it is not set to be delivered until tomorrow". I go through the whole story and once again give her the order number. She puts me on hold a second time, comes back and says she can't find my order. So, for a 3rd time I explain there are 2 orders for 2 different items and I am giving her the correct order number. I repeat the number a 3rd time and she says "Oh ma'am, I got the wrong number, let me check again". She comes back after the 3rd try and tells me there was a problem with my order so they cancelled it!" Really!!! Okay, I gave them 2 different phone numbers to reach me, plus my email addy. Why the heck would they ask you for a phone number(s), or email address, if they are not going to contact you if there is a problem? She could not answer that question! I asked for an immediate refund of my $120.00. She proceeds to tell me she can just "re-submit" my order and it will be delivered on Monday, 4/14/2015 - by 2pm! Really!!! I explained that this was for a "special" occasion and getting it a week later would not help me. She offered to have it sent today but it would be an additional $65.00 plus tax and $2.00 for delivery today! Really, you mess up my order, and then "offer" to have it delivered the next day but will charge me a total of $73.00 more! Could I have given it on another day, sure but that was not the point. I again said "just refund me for the purchase" She then says "well, if that is what you want ma'am, I will have your money refunded but it takes 5 to 7 business days. If you will just keep your order, I will give you a 20% off coupon for your next purchase." OMG, really! You charge my c.c. immediately, mess up my order, want to charge me extra to fix your mistake and now I feel like you are trying to push me into keeping the order w/ a 20% off coupon for my next purchase!?! I told her no and now I want to cancel my second order, set to be delivered tomorrow, and she tells me it's to late and I cannot get a refund on that order as it has already be shipped and since there is nothing wrong with it (that we know of) she cannot refund the money for that order. 1(800)flowers have put me in such a difficult position. I am devastated, embarrassed, and upset. I feel like I let down the other girls as this was my part of the surprise shower and I let everyone down. I like a heel because we had no gift for our friend yesterday. I had to give the other girls their money back, rightfully so of course, since I had no gift to show for their money, while I have to wait 5 to 7 days for my refund. On top of that I still need to buy a crystal vase for my friend.
One last comment/question: "1(800)flowers what happened to "customer service, and why can't I talk with someone in U.S. who understands me and I can understand them?"

"I had two orders in February that I was displeased with.
The first one was for my daughter's birthday on Valentine's Day. The flowers arrived late, and I had paid for an upgraded vase, which she did not receive, and the flowers looked like crap. I contacted 1-800-flowers by email right away, and they issued a refund for the vase and gave me a $20 savings pass.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt since it was a busy holiday, and used the $20 savings for my boyfriend's mom a birthday bouquet later in February. I asked for it to be delivered to me the Friday before I was to see her. I was at work when they delivered, and was not aware they had even attempted delivery. I called the next morning, as I was leaving to go out of town to see her that next day and wanted the flowers to take to her. They assured me they would deliver that day to my office (I had to work that morning.) The flowers never came. After going out of town, and having to leave without the flower arrangement, I came home to a note on the door where they ahd attempted delivery while I was gone, at my home, not my office where they had assured me it would be delivered.
I contacted them the next day by email again, and they responded saying they were looking into the matter. I never heard another peep from them, and I'm honestly so busy between work, school, kids and extracirriculars, I just assumed they had issued a refund or something. Today I decided to check my account to see if they had issued the refund. No they had not. Nor had they attempted to resolve the matter with me.
I again emailed them and demanded a refund. They responded with what looks like a receipt for a refund and another $20 savings pass. No apology, or anything, just a receipt.
They can have their $20 savings pass. I will NOT be using it. They can be assured that I will use another flower service in the future.

"I ordered $125 worth of flowers for my mother's birthday 3 days in advance. First a 1800 flowers called me to tell me that they couldn't find the proper flowers to arrange , and asked me if i would be ok with a different arrangement with the same value worth ( which I am 100% fine with). I waited until 6 pm (delivery from 8am-6pm), and nothing happened! I called 1-800 and they said they could't deliver because they could not find the florist in the designated area. WTF?? They had 3 days to figure all this out!!!! and they didn't even call me to inform me about. WORST FLORIST!!!!! Am Surprised they are still even around!! BAD Business Model. We take your money and don't do a sh*t."

"I ordered flowers for my fiancé to be delivered to her work, thinking I would put a smile on her face. I was guaranteed they would be delivered by 5pm. At 3:30, a young guy called and said he was running late. Not only that but he was asking for directions to another location. I thought nothing of it and directed him to his intended location. At 4:35, I call 1-800 Flowers because I’m worried they aren’t going to be delivered on time. Ten minutes later, security delivers the flowers much to my relief. However, the flowers were practically dead on arrival. They are browning and “droopy”. I’ve purchased better looking flowers from Wal-Mart of all places. Anyway, I call 1-800 Flowers and they offer me a re-delivery because they are about "100% smile guarantee". Well the re-delivery NEVER happened. Needless to say, I was embarrassed. They completely dropped the ball, and in the process collected $85 from me. The money wasn’t the issue, the fact this company prides itself on putting smiles on people’s faces is a farce. It’s a cold business. My point? This company is a joke, please stick to your local Florist. "

modified review This review was modified by GoDawgs03 on March 10 2015 04:49:05 PM

"Very disapointed with this flowers/gift company.
Ordered flowers and ther were never delivered!!! the company tried to apologize later with a $20.00 discount and guess what? I was never able to redeem it.
If you want to give flowere just go buy them yourself at COSTO!!!!!! and you will save $$$$$$$$$$$$

modified review This review was modified by edonis-49432 on February 25 2015 07:24:38 AM

"This is the WORST flower company that I have ever used!!!!! They should be driven out of business. The Flowers arrived half dead and died fully within a couple days. "

modified review This review was modified by jjgrahl on February 22 2015 02:08:55 PM

"This is by far the worst place ever to buy or receive flowers from. Their service is just terrible, if you call them you are on hold for literally hours, Their flowers die within days, and they do not deliver on time. Beware and DO NOT USE EVER"

modified review This review was modified by Angel377 on February 19 2015 05:15:55 PM

"I ordered a nice bouquet for my best friend and her daughter for Valentine's Day. She had never received the order. I used their online ship tracking system and nothing was posted. I let it slide since it was Valentine's Day and it was extremely busy. Again, she had not received it. I look it up again on the website to see the status of my order and the company cancelled it.YES, THEY CANCELED MY ORDER!!!! I NEVER received any information about the order being canceled. I immediately looked at my account to see if I was refunded and nope. I called and was on hold for more than 30 minutes!!!!! I checked my account again and saw that the payment was cancelled. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not reccommend this company to anyone either. "

"I was a recepient of the 2 dozen roses that came in the day before the Valentine's day. At first they looked ok, but on Valentine's day the flowers started truning brown. looks like they were frozen on somehting. The flowers were from my boyfriend that was far away and couldn't be with me on Valentine's day... I tred calling customer service a few time. they promissed to call me back and they never did. Their service sucks. I will ask my bf not to use their service any more. The flowers were coming from the Rockville MD location."

modified review This review was modified by zZavadskaya on February 17 2015 09:18:24 AM

"An "attempted delivery" was made on Valentine's Day to a house full of people? I don't think the delivery was even attempted! I look like a complete donkey because I had a huge surprise coming with a balloon, chocolate covered strawberries, and a dozen roses. Explain that to a girl that is expecting SOMETHING on a day where I couldn't be with her. Still not delivered two days later. It will be 5-10 days before I get my refund of $161.10 per the customer support line. I will not be doing anything with these holiday ruining people again!"

modified review This review was modified by HUNTKC29 on February 16 2015 02:24:13 PM

Share 1-800-Flowers's store rating

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member
1-800-Flowers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!