Stores > 1-800-Flowers

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.17/10 1.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review 1-800-Flowers by clicking a star below.
2017-10-10

only a 50% chance of getting what you pay for!

"I placed 2 orders for my brother-in-laws memorial service. The first one was a $279 spray. It was very nice even though one of the lilies portrayed in the picture was not in the arrangement. Only important because that was one of his favorite flowers.
I was given a 15% discount for the second order. It was supposed to be a large basket with plants and a small memorial plaque. I paid $85 with the discount and received a very small basket with sad looking plants. This arrangement was to be from my mother, sister and brother. I was so embarrassed!
They are trying to "make it right" by sending another arrangement, but the damage is done and I am refusing their offer.
All I can say is they need to be more careful about who they have filling orders for them and I have learned to use someone local rather than going through them ever again.

2017-09-21

Not even close to what we ordered

"I purposely ordered a plant because it was just a visitation with the funeral being held two days later in another state. I have never been so embarrassed! It didn't even remotely resemble the plant that I order! No peace lily , no decent plants at all stuck in a cheap little basket that you would pick up at Walmart! Do these people that fill the orders not look at the number and picture that you ordered? My 5 year old granddaughter could have done a better job!!! Very unprofessional!"

2017-08-23

Failed to Deliver for a 25th Anniversary

"I placed an order for my wife to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. The flowers were never delivered. When I called their customer service the first person I spoke to told me the flowers would deliver the next day and that it was better late than never. Unbelievable response. I then spoke to a manager who has promised to refund my full cost and deliver the flowers.

They ruined what should have been a very special day. I will never use their service again and encourage everyone else to do the same.

fdoamerica's Avatar

Atlanta, GA
2017-07-13

Wow, what a deception in advertising.

" I ordered (July 2017) the "Vibrant Blooms DOUBLE Bouquet" for $65. It showed a huge bouquet with at least 32 flowers showing. What I got was a small group of 12 flowers! Beware. Serious ripoff. "

2017-06-27

Catherine Akins cakins1@verizon.net

"I have used 1-800-flowers quite a few times have always been happy with the service, the delivery and flowers. I ordered flowers for a dear friend who was turning 89 years June 18th and when they text me
a picture of the flowers a few after hours after they were delivered I could not believe what I saw. I ordered the Serene Green -MED and what delivered was nothing like what I ordered. I called and complained was told they would deliver another one, just have my friend put the wrong arrangement out and so they could pick it up and deliver the right one. It was not done. I called again and was they would take of it but it never happened. I will never use 1800flowers again.

2017-06-15

Plant dead in one day and never replaced.

"My daughter sent me flowers for Mother's Day. They were dead overnight. When she asked them to replace them as per their guarantee, they never shipped any replacement.

2017-06-08

DO NOT ORDER FUNERAL FLOWERS FROM THEM EVER!!!

"We ordered funeral flowers on Saturday for a funeral visitation in MI on a Monday. On the day of the visitation, we received an email at 9am (it started at 5pm) that the local florist had begun preparing the order. At 5pm, they weren't there. I called and they apologized (oh, and the agent said I know how you feel...to which I responded, "have you ever not been able to go to a funeral, sent flowers in your place and they didn't arrive?"...they hadn't) and promised to have them there for the actual funeral the next day. They never arrived. That agent explained that the florist did not have enough red roses to make the arrangement so didn't deliver them. We received no notice, they did nothing proactive to fix it, just didn't do anything. Because of their error, they promised to refund the entire amount and send an arrangement to the house later that day with a personal note of apology. Surprise, surprise, surprise...that was not delivered either. Under no circumstances should you ever use this company to attempt to express your condolences...it will hurt the grieving person even worse than what they are already feeling...you will be responsible after reading this warning. Worse customer experience ever!! Wish I could give them a 0 or worse!! "

2017-05-24

Worst service

"Ordered funeral flowers large.came small size. Said they would compensate and red liver. Ever happened!! Embarrassing for me and family!!Worst customer service! They could care less! Never again!!"

2017-05-19

100% Smile Guarantee 100% Faulse

"I ordered a crystal flower for my wife on Mothers Day. When it arrived she did not like it so we decided to return it after all their "100 % Smile Guarantee" contains the exact line of "So if you, or the person who receives your gift, has any issue at all, we'll do whatever we can to make it right - no questions asked." . Every call has had the same answer they will not take it back. I would understand if what I ordered were cut flowers it would be kind of hard to return something like that but this was glass. I will never order from then again!!!!! "

2017-05-15

Worst customer service and flowers were never delivered for mothers day

"Do not ever try ordering flowers from 1800 flowers because they will never get delivered no matter how many call center representatives you speak to. Ordered flowers to be delivered Saturday May 13th for mothers day that never came. After speaking with customer service they told me they would be delivered Sunday May 14th. They again never showed and proceeded to "promise" they would be delivered Monday May 15th. They still never came. All they did was give me a full refund for the flowers my mother never received for mothers day and apologized that they never came. The woman then told me there was no supervisor available after asking for a manager. Never will I ever try ordering flowers here again!"

BUYER BEWARE OF 1-800 FLOWERS

"BUYER BEWARE OF 1-1800 FLOWERS
My sons are, without a doubt, the best sons in the world. They both live out of state and do their best to keep in touch and remember special occasions - "Mother's Day" is one, and I was so thrilled to receive a big purple box from 1-800-FLOWERS at my door. However, within minutes.... not hours or days, I am talking MINUTES petals from the 2 dozen roses they sent me were dropping like flies. It was so heartbreaking and not just because of the terrible "dead" flowers, but because I knew these boys wanted to send me something beautiful and this was not a cheap gift. They expected the roses would last at least through Mother's Day and probably longer. Thank you Brent and Brad, I know what was in your heart!! :D
Buyer Beware of 1-1800 FLOWERS. Unfortunately I am not able to attached pictures of what my Mother's Day roses looked like by the morning after, but it's not a pretty sight.

2017-05-15

I will NEVER use them again...1st & LAST time!

"I ordered Mother's Day flowers to be delivered. At 8:00 pm the day the bouquet was to be delivered it still have not arrived. I called customer service they said they could not deliver to the location. That didn't stop them from charging my debit card $69...after they already had the location for the deliver(they were unable to deliver to). I still haven't received a refund. Had to call customer service 3x. Customer service is slow and incompetent!

Worst Mother's Day Service Possible

"The worst service ever. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day paid a service charge and a second charge for delivery on May 14. I received a confirmation that promised delivery between 8am and 9pm. That long delivery window and late end point was bad enough but then they failed to deliver.

When I called to ask where the flowers were the customer service agent simply apologized and said they had no vendor available. We live in the Washington DC suburbs. It is not like florists are a rarity here.

Postscript: I asked to speak to the customer service representative to speak to my supervisor. She then hung up. I called back and was told that I could not speak to a supervisor because the prior agent had left the matter open and therefore only her supervisor could access it. As they would not identify anyone for me to talk to, refused to let me talk to any supervisor, and refused to give any identifying details (such as an ID number) other than the fact that they were in one of several call centers located in the Philippines, I am pretty much out of luck - though I will call VISA and ask them for a full refund and NEVER use this company again.

Failed on My Daughter's 1st Mothers Day

"My daughter is in the Army and lives in Texas, I live in California. This was her 1st Mothers Day and I wanted it to be special. I ordered her flowers to be delivered today. I checked the website for delivery information several times throughout the day, and it continually showed a "pending delivery" status. At 7:30p (Texas time) I finally called 1800flowers to find my order had been cancelled and a refund issued. Apparently the arrangement I ordered had been cancelled because they did not have a local florist in Texas to handle the order. No phone call, no email from the company so I could order another arrangement to be delivered today. My daughters 1st Mother's Day, spent at home in Texas, with a teething baby, has come and gone with no flowers from her Momma. This was a missed opportunity to brighten her day and 1800 flowers failed in a huge way. I will never use them again and would never even recommend them to my worst enemy! "

2017-05-14

How to make a gift giver feel bad and a gift receiver feel appreciative , and still collect payment for non-performing goods

"This must keep them a very low "FALSE" good review status.
It seems like a scam that 1800Flowers will not offer customer service to recipients. How inclined would you be to call you loved ones, colleagues or anyone nice enough to send you flowers and tell them their gift is unacceptable? So they need to spend more of their time to spend a gift they already paid for and sent.
This company's business model is designed to exclude feedback or complaints from recipients - the only person in the transaction who know the condition of the merchandise.
These flowers were sent by my young adult son, 1200 miles from me, who made a generous dip in his budget to do a lovely thing on Mothers Day. So I spent over an hour of my Mother's Day with the website and "contact us" e-mail to try and send them photos and arrange for replacement shipment, without making my son feel bad. I spoke with someone who didn't understand what I was asking, had to leave the call repeatedly to find out what to say, and refused to give me a contact email so I could give feedback.
I wish I could include the photos of 2 dozen flowers received Sat 3PM and by Sunday 8AM half were bent over, wilted or browned before the petals opened.

Share 1-800-Flowers's store rating

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member
1-800-Flowers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!