Write a review »
  • Rating 0.17/10 445 reviews

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member
    1-800-Flowers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • 1-800-Flowers contact information

"Very disappointed as many others.
I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday 5 days in advance with almost immediate full charge to my credit card. Called them at 5 pm and they said they are coming before 7 but no real service to find the florist, just routine communication with me. It is almost 7 and no flowers. The flowers are supposed to be a nice detail on your day not a late evening, something. Either buy from another site or support your local florist who probably will also deliver what you want as promised. I won't buy again from them. Funny ( in a sad way ) how they don't even come to this site to provide service.

modified review This review was modified by Serge1940 on July 12 2013 01:30:41 PM

"What I ordered and what I received were completely different and delivered at night after my daughter's birthday was almost over. What I ordered was a tasteful arrangement in a clear glass vase and what was delivered was a disgusting pink arrangement in a polka dot vase. I will never use this company again, they are con artists"

modified review This review was modified by rduxbury on June 22 2013 10:51:41 AM
Rating 4/102/5

"flowers looked nothing like photo"

"I will never use this service again. Sending flowers by delivery is suppose to be a surprise for the intended person instead delivery personnel drop off flowers at the door or to whoever they see first and don't even try to deliver to the right person. I sent flowers for my daughter on her birthday the first time she would receive flowers, they were handed to one of my guest instead. I email them and complained but no one ever bother to respond, I sent another email to make sure it wasn't me I received the email confirmation and still no answer this has been almost a month. Thanks 1800flowers I really feel appreciated.

modified review This review was modified by Castrocas on June 02 2013 02:22:26 PM

"I've used 800 flowers a few times before, and have had no issues, until this nightmare. I ordered roses for my 1 year anniversary that were supposed to be delivered to my wife's school on Friday. Well, she gets them, but inside is a small little bush with no flowers. Embarassing for her to get a pathetic bush in front of her co-workers. So I call them and complain, and they promise to send me an upgrade delivered to our house in the morning before noon. Okay, I can understand if they mess up once.

So it's 1PM on saturday and no flowers. I call and they assure me we'll get them by 7PM. No flowers. I call at 8PM and they give me some lame excuse about the vendor not getting them for some reason. I'm strating to get really mad at this point. They offer to send them on Wednesday (really??), I said no i want them tomorrow morning. They agreed.

Sunday morning, the vendor calls, and is trying to drop them off at her school. We told him, no they're supposed to come to our house like we specified. He said he was close and would bring them over. 5PM and still nothing. I call 800flowers and they claim my wife signed for them at 330PM. I said no way, at what location? At the school. Ridiculous. At this point i just wanted my money back. After we chewed them out they agreed to refund us in full.

Fast forward 10 days, still no refund. I call them again today, and they say the wrong order was processed and so the refund didn't go through. She agrees to resend the refund.

Worst experience ever. They had about 4-5 chances to make it right and messed up each time. Horrible experience and will never use them again. I still don't know if the refund will get back to me.

modified review This review was modified by theriverman on May 30 2013 03:10:46 PM

"My advice is never use 1800 flowers. Not only was my order not delivered on time after I was assured they would be delivered by 3pm, while I was on the phone with customer service they contacted the florist and the florist then decided on their own to contact my mother to tell her to stay at work because they were delivering flowers. Now isn't the whole purpose of having flowers delivered for your mothers birthday meant to be a surprise?! When I told 1800 flowers this they told men would be issued a refund in 3 days. I wish I could say my experience ended there. I had ordered a colorful bouquet of sunflowers, roses and lilies. What was delivered was light pink carnations and pink roses. It looked like it was for a funeral. Now it is 2 weeks later and no refund. I called 1800 flowers only to find out that my refund was never issued to be processed. They said they would issue my refund in 3 days. Ha sounds familiar. DO NOT USE 1800 FLOWERS!"

modified review This review was modified by Bridgeit on May 21 2013 04:07:26 PM

"To whom it may concern at 1800 flowers,

I can not tell you how upset I am with your delivery person, but I can tell you why I will never use your company again and why I will be telling everyone my horrible experience that I had with your company, through as many media outlets as I can find.

I had ordered flowers from you, for my Fiance's birthday, and had typed something personal on the card. I can imagine in your profession all the staff probably read the cards, even though they shouldn't. I can handle that. What I can't wrap my head around is how ignorant the delivery person was for commenting on what my card said, in the midst of handing the flowers to my Fiance'. He said sarcastically "Gee, someone must really love you to call you bee vomit", for her whole office to hear. At first she had no idea what he was talking about, because she had not read my card yet, but obviously he did. I had written " you are sweeter than bee vomit" as an inside joke. Your delivery person's sarcastic comment made her feel bad as if no one could love her, embarrassed her in front of her co workers, and ultimately ruined her day. When she should have had the chance to privately read it and laughed to herself, she now found herself having to explain to others of what the card said/meant. She came home from work upset, and it ruined our evening, that I had been planing for weeks.Your delivery person completely ruined her birthday, with their unprofessional actions and their genuine lack of common sense.

I write to you today in hopes that no one else has to go through this, on a day as special as their birthday. I want nothing from you, not even a reply to this email.Do not contact me or the recipient of my flowers (my Fiance') .Do your part and keep that delivery person from interacting with the public, and I will do my part and spread my horrible experience, so that there is less of a chance that your company ruins someone's special day.

Sincerely,

A potential lifetime customer your deliver person ran off.

modified review This review was modified by nomoreflowerman on May 20 2013 09:43:43 AM

"What incompetent people!!! I ordered a dog-able flower basket for my Mother'n'law and paid that extra 19.99 for "100% guaranteed" delivery. The day it was suppose to arrive I got an email confirmation saying it had arrived at noon, but it had not been delivered. ??? So I call customer service for them to say they delivered it to the wrong place and they might be able to get it there the following day..WHAT??? So I talked to a supervisor named Chloe, and she didn't know where it was but said it hadn't been delivered to the wrong place they were just probably behind on orders so to give them a little bit more time. No body in CS could get a hold of the florist and track down my flowers, wow! So I decided to wait till the following day(Mothers Day) to see if it would get here, NOPE..Nothing..wtf..how can an order just vanish in thin air. I called CS again and talked to the only nice person there, but she still couldn't find my order, but gave me a full refund. All I have to say is this: This company sucks, they should know all of the florist that they send orders to and keep up with then making sure they all get processed and have a better way of tracking peoples orders. Pathetic company that I will spread the word about, and hopefully people will order elsewhere. I got my refund, but heard nothing about what happened to my flowers and never saw them! Idiots!!!"

modified review This review was modified by blueyes86 on May 20 2013 08:11:14 AM

"WOW!!!

I can't believe how many HORRIBLE reviews I have seen about 1-800 flowers... Now I have experienced it firsthand what a disorganized troubled company this is...

Do yourself a favor and buy elsewhere... ANYWHERE! There are many decent companies out there but 1800flowers after they screw you they don't care about making it right.

1-800 Flowers is a JOKE!!!

They take your money then don't deliver as promised, NOR WILL THEY MAKE THE SITUATION RIGHT WITH YOOU...... I am referring to Order #W00532604050079 which was placed on April 30th to brighten someones mothers day and instead because I dealt with 1800flowers, it did the opposite and made them think that we forgot about them. The order was never delivered and late in the day when they were supposed to be delivered, we called to see what the deal was and we were told that they would still be delivered, then, after waiting several more hours we called again and we are told that the flowers that we ordered were discontinued, SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO KNOW THIS BEFOREHAND SO WE COULD HAVE PICKED A DIFFERENT BOQUET. I SEE WHY THIS COMPANY IS RATED AS LOW AS THE SCALE GOES WITH 1 STAR... Oh wait they did offer a $20 coupon off of the next order... YEAH RIGHT, LIKE THEY THINK I AM GOING TO LET THEM RUIN A SPECIAL DAY AGAIN???? I asked that they send a special boquet on their dime and Ann #19362 is VERY rude and her supervisor Alex #16941 is a bit nicer but has been given NO authority to make things right with 1800flowers.com customers...

MY SUGGESTION: GOOGLE A FLOWER SHOP IN THE ZIP CODE WHERE YOU WANT THEM SENT AND TALK TO A LOCAL FLORIST WHO CARES...

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT MBENNETT35@YAHOO.COM

GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THAT YOU CAN BRIGHTEN SOMEONES DAY BY AVOIDING 1800-FLOWERS.COM...

modified review This review was modified by MBENNETT35 on May 17 2013 06:56:16 AM

"I am beyond disappointed with the quality of service and the actual customer service representatives I had to deal with the past 48 hours. I called Saturday to ensure delivery of a beautiful arrangement on mothers day, didn't happen. I called on Mothers Day to be sure that an arrangement was GUARANTEED the following day by seven pm when my mother arrives home from work. Not only did they call me Monday afternoon to tell me the order was not in stock after confirmation just 12 hours prior but they told me an arrangement similar couldn't be delivered until Wednesday which was completely unacceptable. I then proceeded to to them to upgrade my order to guarantee delivery by that day, which they said they had done for no cost to me after arguing on the phone an hour. Long behold I never get a call from my mom, I call them back yesterday night only to find out the florist did not receive their message and their apologies. I was LIVID to day the least. This company is shameful, unreliable and a disappointment in every way possible. I would NEVER use them again and I suggest you don't either."

modified review This review was modified by Yvette611 on May 14 2013 09:58:36 AM

"These people should be shut down. THE WORST "SERVICE" I'VE EVER EXPERIENCED. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND NEVER USE THEM!!! WILL SAVE YOU A BIG HEADACHE AND UNNECESSARY ANGER. I do not think they are even worthy of being labeled a "service", they clearly have no idea what that entails. I do not live in the same state as my mother and I placed and order with sufficient time for her to have flowers a balloon and all of the corresponding add on's including chocolates, which were not delivered at all, for mothers day. They had the audacity to call me on Mothers Day and tell me that they cannot deliver it that day and if it was ok to deliver it on the next day, I don't know why they bother asking that question because you don't really have a choice in the matter. I said no, I told them that I had specifically said that a delivery a day before mothers day was acceptable if they were going to be too backed up for Mothers day. And imagine my surprise when called me repeatedly to tell me that it was not possible. They did not even have the consideration to call me with sufficient time to make arrangements elsewhere. Can you comprehend the anger I felt towards them and the sadness I felt when I realized that my mother would not receive any flowers from me on such an important day. The impotence I felt because there really was nothing I could do was horrible. I was totally stuck. Not only was the agent condescending and extremely unprofessional, he tried to throw the local florist under the bus. He said it was not the company's fault but the local florist had a problem. Well sir, your company chooses the florists you use and if you are saying that its their fault, then you did not screen your florists correctly. I's sure the florists would love to hear about their partnership and what this company has to say about them. 1800FLOWERS not only 100% liable, but they simply do not care about either party involved. I told him that a $ 20 store credit compensation was nothing and he said to me that $20 was a lot for some people. Well you know what sir, excuse me for thinking that a 20$ compensation is nothing compared to the 200 dollars I spent on a service that was not only not delivered on time, but incomplete. On top of everything, I HAD TO CALL THEM BACK FOR MY PROMISED STORE CREDIT THAT I NEVER RECEIVED. Twenty dollars is after all a lot of money right?! I really think this company needs some serious restructuring and new management, or they can all go to hell, whichever is fine with me. "

modified review This review was modified by tefy333 on May 13 2013 12:05:35 PM

"These people are awful and severely unprofessional. They did not honor their advertised sale and overcharged my credit card 3 times for a mothers day bouquet that was NEVER delivered. I was so embarrassed and saddened that my mom never got her mother's day gift. Calling their customer service number (or even placing an initial order) was a 3 hour ordeal and nothing was resolved. They said they would comp my flower order and GUARANTEED (the phone conversation was recorded) that the flowers would arrive on time - they never did. They feed you what you want to hear but as soon as you get off the phone with them you'll realize it's a bunch of BS and they won't follow through with what they've promised. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE. Local florists are the way to go. 1800 flowers is a complete rip off, their sales are phony, their service is terrible, and they are absolute liars. "

modified review This review was modified by lauraofmiami on May 13 2013 08:01:22 AM

"HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! I am absolutely appalled at the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800 Flowers has shown. I was at first elated at the fact of the company making good on reshipping a new order to my mother-in-law as well as REFUNDING a full credit to my account. I will be sure to NEVER recommend this company to ANYONE and be sure to POST MY COMPLAINT on Facebook in addition to posting on EVERY WEBSITE rating your website! I’ll make sure everyone supports their local florist and NOT let people’s hard-earned money go to WASTE on browned roses and UNARRANGED flowers! So I send this review to customer service and they reply they will give me full refund AND resend worthy flowers. Then I receive ANOTHER email stating PLEASE IGNORE THAT LAST EMAIL! We will only send a $20 coupon. What company does that???!!!"

modified review This review was modified by jadedgreen16 on May 13 2013 06:33:33 AM

"As a former employee, I can completely understand why so many customers are upset. I compare my working experience at 1-800-FLOWERS to working at an upscale restaurant. For example, let's say a busy restaurant has 30 tables. They actually take reservations for 50 tables in hopes that 20 tables either cancel, don't show or are late. In the event all 50 tables show up demanding service, the restaurant basically says, "Sorry, but due to the holiday and a high volume of traffic, we are unable to meet your needs at this time and we are forced to turn you away." And, it's so late now, you're basically stuck going to Subway (which isn't bad, but if you were expecting a 5 star restaurant and have a date, it pales in comparison). 1-800-FLOWERS is the same way. They keep taking orders in hopes they can find some local florist to fill the order after numerous florists have already stopped taking orders from 1-800-FLOWERS due to high volume (gotta keep trying to bring in every dollar!). Florists need time to fill the orders that were placed several days in advance. However, even if you placed your order 10 days in advance, you could still end up "out of luck" on delivery day. There could be some run around about the vendor (UPS/FED EX) at full capacity and unable to deliver or the florist over extended themselves or worse yet, you get one of their "seasonal" or "overseas" employees who are so improperly trained they don't know how to complete an order or service call. If the representative decides they have been on the line with you for too long and it is going to effect their overall stats, they say, "One second while I check on that for you." Suddenly.....you hear dial tone. NOW you're furious. So, you call back to report your experience. You may or may not get an experienced employee but, odds are, you won't. You will likely get someone who is worse. This time, they promise to assist you, but then you end up mysteriously disconnected again. At this point, you just want to vent and it doesn't matter who answers the phone.

The truth of the matter is, they hire people for their "seasonal/holiday" rushes. The employees are remote (meaning they are not located in a central call center. Many work from their homes.) The training is poor to say the least. The job only pays $9.00/hour and there really is no incentive for the employee to go above and beyond to satisfy you. The reason you see so many one star reviews is because 1-800-FLOWERS does not care about the individual customer. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you off the phone so they can turn around and do the same exact thing to the next caller...and the next caller....and so on. Because they are remote agents, they have to wait for someone to get back in touch with the agent with the answer to their question, before they can even give the customer an answer.

Save yourself the time and the trouble. The reviews you read online ARE true. You should definitely be wary of any company who has more complaints than commendations. There is always a reason for that!

modified review This review was modified by Notinterestedinbologna on May 12 2013 06:03:24 PM

"I purchased flowers and chocolate for my sister from 1-800-flowers for mother's day on the Thursday before Mother's day for a Saturday delivery. About 6 hours after I made the purchase, I remembered my sister was leaving for Spain for 2 weeks on Friday (silly me, it was force of habit that I went online to buy her the Mother's Day gift). Immediately after I remembered, I went online and made a request to cancel my order because the "recipient will be out of the country for 2 weeks". I got an email back the next morning (Friday) that told me I could not cancel my order because "the order has already been processed or delivered to the recipient". What a load of sh**!! So I called 1-800-flowers on Friday and told them again that I wanted to cancel the order. The lady on the phone gave me the same stupid excuse, saying that the order has already been sent to the shipping company so it can't be canceled but she will make an "exception" for me...but that I would have to call back AFTER the delivery was made to cancel the order. I was obviously very confused at this point. I said "why do I have to call back again AFTER the delivery has been made and AFTER a busy florist wastes her time to make another arrangement, to call you back on one of your busiest weekends of the year to ask you to cancel the order, when you can just cancel it now? I guess the lady could sense the irritation in my voice at that point because she then immediately agreed to cancel the order (why did I have to get angry before she would do it)? She then put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back on the phone and told me it was canceled and that my credit card would be credited in 3-5 business days. When I asked for the confirmation number she said "they do not have confirmation numbers" but that an email confirmation will be sent to me shortly. I thought that was the end of it, however, to my shock, I got an email the next day saying the flowers had been delivered and there was no sign of a cancellation email! I was EXTREMELY angry at this point because I knew this meant that there would be flowers and chocolate rotting on my sister's porch for 2 weeks in the Florida sun. So at this point, I had to waste my time AGAIN and call 1-800-flowers AGAIN. Lo and behold, the cancellation had not been completed the day before. What was that lady doing all that time when I was on hold? The person that I spoke to today then told me she was very sorry and put me on hold again to cancel the order. I also told her she needs to put a special request to have a person go to my sister's house to pick up the flowers. She agreed and said she would put in a special request. Honestly, this is the LAST time I will ever be shopping at 1-800-flowers and I will also be advising all of my friends and family to do the same. I am disappointed in the lack of customer service for such a well-know brand. Shame on you 1-800-flowers."

modified review This review was modified by narina on May 11 2013 06:29:46 PM