• 1-800-Flowers

Product & services pricing Rating 1.61/10 1.61/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.81/10 0.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.32/10 0.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.27/10 0.27/10

"I sent flowers internationally for a birthday. The flowers were old and wilting. The company enclosed a condolence card instead of a birthday card!! NEVER again will I use this company. Sent an email with this information over 72 hours ago. I haven't even received a reply that they received the email.
I am telling all not to use this company. Wish I had read the previous review. This purchase was for May 22, 2015. In Paris, how can you mess up giving FRESH flowers. If this company advertises international contacts, then their communication should be perfect, condolence vs birthday! Very poor communication efforts.

This review was modified by Disappointedniece on June 08 2015 10:38:22 PM

"Worst company! Don't bother buying flowers here. You will be better off buying them at Stop&Shop and for much less! Bought a bouquet of roses for $102 and the recipient got 5 gerberas with lots of decorative cheap flowers. So disappointed! Should've just not given them a second chance! Do yourself a favor, buy from a local florist ! "

This review was modified by elenna on May 19 2015 09:58:11 PM

"I wouldn't trust 1-800Flowers to babysit a pet rock. Absolutely the worst on-line experience I've ever endured. After they failed to deliver flowers the Friday before mother's day to my 90-year-old mom, and continued t lie about the delivery being scheduled for Saturday, I persuaded the heavily accented "customer service" rep to give me the name of the florist they were using. I contacted that florist and learned the order didn't exist. Sympathetic, the florist agreed to get an even nicer arrangement sent to my mom on the next delivery vehicle, and charged me $10 less. I'm still trying to get a refund from 1-800Flowers - they only want to send coupons for "my next order," which of course will be placed the day after hell freezes over.

What I learned is it is very easy to google reviews for local florists in any city, and believe me they really appreciate long-distance phone in orders. If you talk to the owners of florist shops you'll also quickly find they have constant problems with 1-800Flowers, and often refuse Bloomnet orders from 1-800Flowers.

This review was modified by pmcw on May 19 2015 09:41:05 AM

"The worst service and the representatives are so bad. Please don't trust 1-800 flowers and don't place any order through this service."

This review was modified by Shilpitha on May 15 2015 03:31:02 PM

"I finally called the company four days after the order was supposed to be delivered for Mother’s Day.
The customer service rep I talked to today said that the company was unable to find a florist who could deliver the flowers. She also told me that the company had left me a voice mail, on the same day I placed the order, informing me of this. She also said my order had been refunded on May 9 as it was never delivered.
1. I double checked my VM service and NO voicemail had been left.
2. In addition, I had not seen any refund as of 5/12. Finally after I called AND emailed the company, they sent me an email showing the refund. It also included a $20 code for a future order. Unfortunately, I will not be ordering from them again, so that is useless.
I am extremely disappointed in the service I have received from this company. Their lack of communication is appalling. When asked, I will be honest and let others know that this is a company that cannot deliver - literally.

This review was modified by DLRBN on May 13 2015 11:00:38 AM

"AS LONG AS I LIVE,I WILL NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS FOR ANY REASON... On 05/07/2015 I ordered a gift basket for Mothers Day the 10th. When it didn't get there, I called and was told it would get there next week cause the order could not be delivered by the 10th. I was not informed of this at the time I placed the order. If I had been told they couldn't make the delivery by mothers day, I would not have spent the $200.00 with them.
I called again today Monday the 11th, and instead of next week they say it will be delivered tomorrow the 12th.
When you call customer service you get an over seas phone bank with a foreigner telling you how sorry they are, and that its better late than never, and that your Mother will still be surprised.

This review was modified by Lightingsam on May 11 2015 08:14:30 AM

"I ordered a beautiful, but expensive bouquet for my mother to be delivered the same day and it never came. I called and they said it would be delivered the next day, but by then it would be too late. We had other plans for Mother's Day and we were going to be gone all day. We had to cancel the order. Their website also sucks with updating the status of your order. "

This review was modified by sgj1816 on May 10 2015 10:38:55 PM

"I ordered my mother an expensive bouquet of flowers / vase for Mother's Day. My dad had to call me and tell me they were horrible - they were wilted, unopened, and not at all what a mom would want for her special day. I am so disappointed, my mom is elderly. I wanted to surprise her with a lovely bouquet. Instead, my parents were embarrassed to tell me how awful they were, and felt bad I had spent the money on the gift. Apparently, they were so bad that my mom took a few of the ok flowers out and tried to arrange them, and tossed the rest. HOW DISAPPOINTING. "

This review was modified by kamrynk on May 10 2015 02:33:00 PM

"I will never use them again! I don't even know why I used them two years in a row, they screwed it up last year too!
Two years in a row go by with my mother getting nothing on Mother's Day! Last year I called to complain after she received nothing after waiting all day, they were very apologetic and sent out a new bouquet. My issue with that is that even though they tried make up for not getting one to her on Mother's Day, it wasn't what I paid for. My mom sent me a picture of the flowers that arrived and they were just a sloppy mess all stuck together, after I paid for a careful arrangement of some lovely roses and a beautiful vase. She ended up with some kind of weird mishmash. Anyway, I should've learned from that. I guess I just figured that every company can make a mistake once in a while, right? But this year they screwed up royally again. This time when I called to complain they told me they had a record of a FedEx delivery so they weren't going to give me mom a bouquet . I said I don't care if you have a record of a FedEx delivery, it obviously didn't go to the right place! I double checked my order confirmation and I had given them the correct address, it's the fault was not on my end! Their answer to that was that meeting my mom should go knocking on the neighbors doors to see if anyone had her flowers! As if! By this time I was enraged, I said I want my money refunded and they said they would not refund my money because their was a record of flowers being delivered by FedEx. At this point I am so angry I don't even know what to do, I asked for the customer service person supervisor. Then I let the supervisor have it. This is simply the worst business model I've ever seen, who's going to lie about not getting flowers? Furthermore, don't they realize a happy customer tells three friends but furious customer tells 20? After I made a huge stink the supervisor said it would be okay to send my mom a new bouquet, but it would be different from the one I had originally purchased. She promised it would be nice but I have no way of knowing what it's going to look like, or if it will even be flowers my mom enjoys. I said please go ahead and send the K I'd rather she have something rather than nothing. The money is not even important to me it's just the point of the thing. This whole thing left a really sour taste in my mouth I will never use them again!

This review was modified by karlise13 on May 10 2015 12:39:09 PM

"This company is the WORST!!!!!! I made my mother stay home all day the day before Mothers Day to wait for her flowers and she received NOTHING!!!!! What's more is this company LIED and said that an attempted delivery was made. It wasn't because 3 people were home ALL DAY!!! Then I was told that there are no deliveries on Sunday!!!!! So my only gift to my mother on Mother's Day was COMPLETELY RUINED!!!!!!!! Total incompetency!!!! And now all I ask is for an email confirming the cancellation of this order and I can't even get THAT!!!!!!!!!! I AM NEVER ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by SuperDee on May 10 2015 06:46:53 AM

"Terrible, you do not get what you pay for. For $80 plus dollars you expect fresh flowers, not so, they arrived looking old and weak. Quantity of flowers is also misleading, when ordering on-line you think your getting more than what arrives at your door. What a disappointment. Spoke to customer service who stated they would send me fresh flowers the next day...never arrived. Avoid this business if you can."

This review was modified by k2doc on May 09 2015 01:17:38 PM

"I ordered flowers for international delivery. After calling twice and sending one email, my flowers were finally delivered 2 days late. The arrangement bore no resemblance to what I had ordered. Will not be using them again."

This review was modified by whywhy1 on May 06 2015 03:15:23 PM

"Wow this is a barely competent business. Unlike the rest of the modern world, they are completely unable to modify an order after it was placed, and they aren't shy about telling you so.

On the other hand, they will fix the problems caused by their own inflexibility, but in the dumbest way possible. Instead of changing a delivery date or address, they will duplicate an order and send it where or when you need it, while ALSO allowing the original incorrect order to be shipped also.

It's kind of dumb and embarrassing, as well as wasteful, but it sort of gets the job done. Still, that's a terrible way to handle the ordering process, and I will avoid if at all possible using their service again.

"NO RECOMENDED!!!!! Don't wist time and your money!!!!"

This review was modified by Andy18993 on April 23 2015 04:45:34 PM

"I stopped using 1-800-flowers years ago when a flower arrangement for mother's day came completely unrelated to the one I had ordered. It was so upsetting to see my mother look at my in confusion. Half the size. Not a single matching flower or ornament as ordered.
I tried them out again for a friends birthday, and although the colors weren't the same, the arrangement was still cute.
So for secretary appreciation day I chose to use them again. WRONG CHOICE! I order chocolate covered fruit...they didn't have it. After the whole day they try to change the date, my order, and almost delivered one and not the other. How horrifying that would be to have one secretary feel favored! They had me on hold for 20 minutes TWICE talking to the stores rather than connecting me to them.

Nothing on the website matches their stores inventory. Same day delivery, charged extra for, doesn't actually exist.
I will NEVER use this company again. I am so disappointed. From a happy moment to a complete upset. I spent my entire break on hold and listening to apologies rather than solutions. Full refund (naturally 5-10 business days to happen), Ha!

This review was modified by JRuszala on April 22 2015 12:03:08 PM

Share 1-800-Flowers's store rating

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800-Flowers is not a merchant member
1-800-Flowers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!