• 1-800 CONTACTS

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.25/10 4.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"I was searching for the best deal for contacts, and 1800 Contacts didn't have it, but I chatted online with a representative and she said they would price match. The contacts purchased were Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus 24 pack. They had them for $135 and a $50 mail in rebate. I got them price matched at $110 per box and didn't have to deal with the rebate. They were extremely helpful! I was even able to text a copy of my prescription and pay over chat, so it was super convenient. "

"This was my first time using 1-800 CONTACTS and I would highly recommend their services! Very user friendly (I downloaded the app and got FREE expedited shipping for being a first time customer, otherwise expedited shipping would have been $15.)
The customer service ROCKS! I ordered at 7:00pm (PST) and within 15 minutes a representative contacted me letting me know they got my order!
ALSO! You are able to take a picture of your prescription and send it in, which takes away the stress of typo's and miscommunication as far as putting in your prescription.
***One recommendation would be to order your contacts before you absolutely need them. I order on March 9th and didn't receive until March 16th.
Other than that, I would 100% recommend this service to anyone!!

modified review This review was modified by Louloupineapple on March 16 2015 10:08:19 PM

"I have nothing but praise & give 1800contacts the highest rating. Every person I have spoken to on the phone has been very pleasant and very helpful with questions that I have. I have always gotten my contacts within a few days & and when I did run into a problem which was not a 1800contact problem but a Acuvue problem it was handled by customer service well beyond my expectations. I will never use another contact service for as long as I wear contacts
From a very satisfied customer
J. Viscusi

modified review This review was modified by gigivisc on March 12 2015 04:27:52 PM

"I have no idea why they have such a low rating. I have NEVER had a problem with them for the 5 years that I've used them. Even with expired prescriptions and standard shipping I get my contacts in 4-5 days. Returns are also very easy to do if you are literate because they give you simple directions. Whenever I have questions, the people there are always extremely helpful and nice.
I think people have one bad experience and write the whole company off as a terrible business. 1800contacts is the only reliable and fast source of contacts I've had in the 7 years that I've worn contacts.

modified review This review was modified by kstag on February 25 2015 09:33:20 AM

"This is a horrible company. I placed an order and it arrived 10 days later. When I finally got them the prescription had been entered wrong my one of the representatives when they verified my prescription with my doctor. They apologized and told me they would overnight my correct order. That was on a Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night I get a email saying that my prescription had to be verified again. Why? They had my most recent one! My correct order was not overnighted to me. Ok. Today is Wednesday( I was supposed to get my order today) and it's 5pm. I just now got a confirmation that my new order is on its way. No tracking number and the carrier was not identified. I called last "

"These people are freaking morons. I texted them my prescription then told them that the doctor I went to relocated and before relocating told me they are not taking their previous patient records with them as they are relocating outside the area and hence there was no reason to as those patients wouldnt be going there anyways. These morons tried to call the previous place they were out and got no answer. Of course you didn't get an answer I told you all that place went out of business but my prescription was good for a year and the prescription I gave was correct. They said no we are cancelling your order and we have to call the doctor to see if the RX is real. Fine. I googled the new location and they get the receptionist. The receptionist tells them I am not a patient of theirs as AGAIN THEY RELOCATED AND DID NOT TAKE THE PATIENT FILES WITH THEM. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO ASK FOR THE DOCTOR YOU DUMBASSES. I called got the doctor and had the doctor fax them my RX as he remembered me. They then cancel the order again and say we never got it. WTF. They do not call you to cancel the order. I just went to 1saveonlens.com and got it there. Screw these idiots. "

modified review This review was modified by lensdoctor on February 10 2015 11:42:16 PM

"The new commercial that is being broadcasted on television depicting an injured man and a nun is absolutely disgusting. Your company ought to be ashamed of itself for projecting such a sacrilegious message, and I'm extremely happy I don't require corrective lenses. If I did, you can bet I wouldn't use your company. If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to contact me because I can HONESTLY care less. I'm a Catholic, and your commercial made my stomach turn."

modified review This review was modified by Aaaawaaaaaa on February 08 2015 08:40:11 AM

"I ordered contacts lenses with overnight shipping. I called to check and see if they had shipped and was told that the doctor hand faxed the prescription yet. I called and asked the doctor and they said that they haven't received a fax from 1800contacts. The, I called 1800contacts telling them that the doctor hasn't received their fax and they said they had sent it. So then I physically went to the doctors office to check and see if they had received a fax and I found out that they hadn't. The doctor then called and sent them the fax. Now I called and checked to see if they had shipped the order and was told the order hasn't shipped yet and that it was processing. I am very disappointed and spent a whole day on this and here I am with no contacts. This has happened to me 2 so these morons and freakin idiots can't deliver what they say they're the best or more like 'best worst. Screw 1800contacts they are real POS's"

modified review This review was modified by Dbimeri15 on February 03 2015 04:41:51 PM

"I have had such a good experience with 1800contacts. It's so hassle free. I get my yearly exam at target for 99 bucks, then order from 1800contacts from then on. The contacts are the same price as every where else, plus free shipping. I order them and they come in 2 days. Every time! Which is good because I usually order more only when I absolutely need to. (when one is torn)"

modified review This review was modified by carissa_4u_90 on November 24 2014 02:27:41 PM

"I don't understand 1-800 contacts - why would you put up with this giant, expensive, cold hearted company when you can buy for 50% less from pure Internet sellers like OptiContacts.com or Lens.com or C1 or anyone from the Top10. Don't be a schmuck any more - I know I'm not after this last order. I had an issue trying to return some items for credit with 1800contacts."

modified review This review was modified by jeersmane on October 29 2014 08:51:02 PM

"This is just to provide feedback on the everlasting disappointment your company has given. It has taken 4 phone calls in the span of 2 months for fix YOUR errors. when I first called to place my order, and it was shipped using the wrong shipping method. After not receiving he order I was suppose to get in two days I called the 2nd time and thats when i was send a second shipment next day air, again because the original order was processed incorrectly. I called two weeks later deciding to keep the both shipments and agreed to get my card charged. they advised the 2nd order would charge after the returned shipment was not received. NOPE. My cc got charged in Aug for the 2nd shipment AND i got charged AGAIN on 9-29. I called THAT DAY to find out why i had 3 charges from you company. The rep on that call confirmed it was an error and stated he'd void out the transaction AFTER speaking to a manager. TODAY, almost a month later, i see i did in deed get charged and that transaction was never voided. I'm beyond annoyed at your service at this point and extremely disappointed at the lack of accountability you have with your users. This is seriously a ridiculous effort at providing service for an issue that began within your own company walls. REFUND MY MONEY and review the horrible service i have received continuously over the past two months. You spend all this money on advertising for your company yet you lack of professionalism is what made you loose this one when it would have been so easy to keep me by just doing what you suppose to, to begin with. I will be disputing this charge with my cc company and posting on all online forums the horrible service I have gotten. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB on the lack of respect you have for your customers for just charging things you had no authorization to charge. Seriously, everyone i have spoken with, including the two managers who reviewed my account have a lot of learning to do. You all suck."

modified review This review was modified by SandraA650 on October 16 2014 09:49:26 PM

"I had a great experience with 1-800 Contacts. I was sure to cover all my bases as I wanted my contacts before the weekend, so I did purchase the next day delivery. I sent them a photo of my prescription, and they were sure to let me know it was a bit blurry. I scanned it in and sent it after, and promptly received notification it was received and well. After purchasing, I realized I put in the wrong ship-to address, in which I opted to Live-Chat, and Haile handled it very nicely and quick.

Also - I compared their prices with Lens.com, and they were a couple dollars less expensive.

modified review This review was modified by KSTelling on October 10 2014 02:15:27 PM

1-800 CONTACTS User

"I ordered 7 boxes from them and it came fine and on time (took about a week). The problem is that i returned my older lenses and they received it about a week later, it was confirmed through UPS. I talked to 4 different reps to be exact and they said that i was going to get my refund back through credit card refund in about 2-5 days (didn't happen), since i bought contacts through them. Called another representative and they said it was going to be in check because of the older lenses refunded were bought long ago. They did send out a check, but it wasn't received yet by me. There is no way that mail from Utah to Illinois through USPS would take that long since two weeks already passed. This is a flaw of 1-800 CONTACTS because of different answers from reps every time i call. I would never buy from them again since they're prices are higher than everywhere else. The refund process is horrible because of the inconsistent information that 1-800 CONTACTS gives out to customers. It has nearly been a month already since i sent out my contacts back to them that is tracked by UPS. One month later on there is no refund that was received by me yet. I am not never going to recommend anybody this online site for contacts."

"Ordered contacts with expedited shipping 16 days ago to get before vacation. Never received. Contacted them and was told they cancelled order b/c prescription expired. They contacted old eye doctor despite me indicating new doctor. No call, no email, nothing. Then said if I wanted that order it would cost more!!!! With shipping waived!!! Huh? No cost benefit due to acuvue manfacturer new pricing policy of no discounts. Now my head is spinning? Why would I bother using them??? No discount, inadequate processing, inability to discount and deliver?? Asked to speak with a supervisor and was told to email. Goodbye 1800 contacts never again. May want to change the web site to indicate you can't discount."

modified review This review was modified by Amyd23 on August 17 2014 04:09:38 PM

"Will never order from 1800contacts again! Promised to send rebate form and never sent form. Advertise the best price and then ran this kind of scam. Better off going to local store."

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!