Stores > 1-800 CONTACTS

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Terrible customer service! I think they are full of idiots at this company. They call me Oct 1 to say my prescription is running out, could I use (3) boxes for EACH eye. So Oct 15, I receive (3) boxes for the RIGHT eye, none for the left and by now, prescription expired. I complain, they claim their regulatory group will not authorize it, EVEN IF ITS THEIR FAULT. So I get a manager on the phone, he says he can get me 1 box. I say, OK, and free overnight shipping. So days go by, nothing, and now its Nov 2, and still nothing, I call, "Oh, yeah, your order was cancelled by our regulatory people", even though my office OK-d it over the phone. Today, I told them their customer service was not worth the oxygen to tell them they stink (in stronger words) and since contacts are a commodity, get them wherever you can. These guys stink in customer service and will be dead soon. "

"I ran out of contacts recently and a friend from work recommended ordering from 1-800 Contacts and said the price was always cheaper. I usually pay $50 for a 3 month supply through my eye doctor's office and that was the price 1-800 Contacts was quoting me too, but apparently they do price matches plus a 2% lower price than the price they match, and they did their own search and saw my contacts were $35 at Sam's Club so they matched the price plus the 2% discount and now I have my contacts being shipped to me tax included and all for like $36. They even contacted my optometrist's office for me so I didn't have to worry about sending a prescription in. I definitely recommend them to anyone who wears contacts and their customer service is phenomenal!! "

"Awful customer service. Next day shipping is an absolute joke. They didn't even have my contacts in Stock so I have to wait over a week before hey even shipped out. They said next day shipping but of course that acutally means 3 days later if I'm lucky. Customer service did nothing. "

This review was modified by Dgbmore27 on September 11 2015 03:12:46 PM

"I can't say enough about this amazing company. Not only do they do a great job with routine prescriptions and refills but they definitely specialize in helping to resolve those urgent issues that occur when you need a pair of contact lenses in hurry. My daughter ripped one of her lenses and realized that she'd forgotten to bring extras during our summer vacation in South Beach. For hours I called around to several optical centers and found out that none were willing to sell me one contact lens or even a pair but rather insisted on us buying a 6 month supply box. Not only that, but most of them were selling one box at approx. $20 more than what I would normally pay at 1800contacts. Thinking that my only option was to bite the bullet and order the box I was ready to order from the only one that actually had one in stock when I suddenly wondered if 1800contact could do better. We were only going to be vacationing another 5 days so getting the lenses ordered and expectedly shipped was a must. The rep at 1800contacts was very helpful and immediately sounded as if she tackled this issue everyday. She told me I would not need to contact my daughters opthamalogist for a medical release of her records because we had ordered from them before and as long as the prescription was unchanged, which it wasn't, they would not only ship one contact lens out but do it for free and expedite ship it for the very next day at no shipping cost. You simply can not pay for customer service like that and I was lucky enough to not have to pay for anything. Thanks 1800contacts. You people are amazing!"

"I've been using 1-800 Contacts for years. It's so much cheaper and more convenient than how I used to order them through my eye doctor. Every time I had an issue with my contacts I would always get shrugged off by my doctor but 1-800 Contacts has always been extremely helpful. If I had issues with my contacts, like tearing, they would replace my contacts for free. I recently contacted them because I stupidly let my contacts in a hot car for several weeks after a move. Just contacted them and they let me know that they would replace them for free if they have any damage from the heat. I'm so relieved, I thought I would have to replace two entire new boxes of contacts, which I can't afford right now. 10/10, I recommend them to everybody. "

"I just had the best experience with 1-800 Contacts! I am a new customer so I was not sure what to expect but the man I spoke on the phone with had exceptional customer service skills. My eye doctor was being hesitant with my prescription and 1-800 contacts worked with me and even upgraded my shipping to 1 day shipping for the inconvenience of MY eye doctor. I will be ordering my contacts from here from now on!"

"Purchased 4 boxes of contacts that was supposed to come with a $35 rebate. Mailed in rebate form 9 weeks ago. Sent an email which was not answered. Not sure what is going on with this company but you shouldn't factor in rebate to your original cost. Buyer beware."

"I had been using 1800contacts for approximately 10 years and was pleased with the convenience of their service. "

This review was modified by lorrainethompson on April 01 2015 11:07:38 AM

"I was searching for the best deal for contacts, and 1800 Contacts didn't have it, but I chatted online with a representative and she said they would price match. The contacts purchased were Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus 24 pack. They had them for $135 and a $50 mail in rebate. I got them price matched at $110 per box and didn't have to deal with the rebate. They were extremely helpful! I was even able to text a copy of my prescription and pay over chat, so it was super convenient. "

"This was my first time using 1-800 CONTACTS and I would highly recommend their services! Very user friendly (I downloaded the app and got FREE expedited shipping for being a first time customer, otherwise expedited shipping would have been $15.)
The customer service ROCKS! I ordered at 7:00pm (PST) and within 15 minutes a representative contacted me letting me know they got my order!
ALSO! You are able to take a picture of your prescription and send it in, which takes away the stress of typo's and miscommunication as far as putting in your prescription.
***One recommendation would be to order your contacts before you absolutely need them. I order on March 9th and didn't receive until March 16th.
Other than that, I would 100% recommend this service to anyone!!

This review was modified by Louloupineapple on March 16 2015 10:08:19 PM

"I have nothing but praise & give 1800contacts the highest rating. Every person I have spoken to on the phone has been very pleasant and very helpful with questions that I have. I have always gotten my contacts within a few days & and when I did run into a problem which was not a 1800contact problem but a Acuvue problem it was handled by customer service well beyond my expectations. I will never use another contact service for as long as I wear contacts
From a very satisfied customer
J. Viscusi

This review was modified by gigivisc on March 12 2015 04:27:52 PM

"I have no idea why they have such a low rating. I have NEVER had a problem with them for the 5 years that I've used them. Even with expired prescriptions and standard shipping I get my contacts in 4-5 days. Returns are also very easy to do if you are literate because they give you simple directions. Whenever I have questions, the people there are always extremely helpful and nice.
I think people have one bad experience and write the whole company off as a terrible business. 1800contacts is the only reliable and fast source of contacts I've had in the 7 years that I've worn contacts.

This review was modified by kstag on February 25 2015 09:33:20 AM

"This is a horrible company. I placed an order and it arrived 10 days later. When I finally got them the prescription had been entered wrong my one of the representatives when they verified my prescription with my doctor. They apologized and told me they would overnight my correct order. That was on a Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night I get a email saying that my prescription had to be verified again. Why? They had my most recent one! My correct order was not overnighted to me. Ok. Today is Wednesday( I was supposed to get my order today) and it's 5pm. I just now got a confirmation that my new order is on its way. No tracking number and the carrier was not identified. I called last "

"These people are freaking morons. I texted them my prescription then told them that the doctor I went to relocated and before relocating told me they are not taking their previous patient records with them as they are relocating outside the area and hence there was no reason to as those patients wouldnt be going there anyways. These morons tried to call the previous place they were out and got no answer. Of course you didn't get an answer I told you all that place went out of business but my prescription was good for a year and the prescription I gave was correct. They said no we are cancelling your order and we have to call the doctor to see if the RX is real. Fine. I googled the new location and they get the receptionist. The receptionist tells them I am not a patient of theirs as AGAIN THEY RELOCATED AND DID NOT TAKE THE PATIENT FILES WITH THEM. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO ASK FOR THE DOCTOR YOU DUMBASSES. I called got the doctor and had the doctor fax them my RX as he remembered me. They then cancel the order again and say we never got it. WTF. They do not call you to cancel the order. I just went to 1saveonlens.com and got it there. Screw these idiots. "

This review was modified by lensdoctor on February 10 2015 11:42:16 PM

"The new commercial that is being broadcasted on television depicting an injured man and a nun is absolutely disgusting. Your company ought to be ashamed of itself for projecting such a sacrilegious message, and I'm extremely happy I don't require corrective lenses. If I did, you can bet I wouldn't use your company. If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to contact me because I can HONESTLY care less. I'm a Catholic, and your commercial made my stomach turn."

This review was modified by Aaaawaaaaaa on February 08 2015 08:40:11 AM

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!