• Rating 5.17/10 32 reviews

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
    1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • 1-800 CONTACTS contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"1-800 CONTACTS customer service is FABULOUS! Anytime I have had an issue they have gone above and beyond to resolve the issue. I have never had an issue with delivery as well. To those that report that their delivery is slow, all I can say is you get what you pay for. Don't be so cheap, pay for the expedited shipping. Be responsible enough to order your contacts in advance. I have used 1-800 contacts for a couple of years now and will continue to do so."

modified review This review was modified by ck22272 on February 11 2014 06:57:51 PM

Rating 4/102/5

"Great price matching, but extremely slow shipping! I ordered my contacts last monday (they needed an extra day to verify my prescription, which was fine), and then I received a confirmation email on January 14th (Tuesday). I literally live within 20 miles of the headquarters for 1800CONTACTS. The representative I initially spoke with stated that it shouldn't be more than a day or so, after they verified the prescription. Alright, sounds reasonable I thought. So I wait... wednesday, thursday, friday... I finally call back friday, and the conversation went something like this:
"Where are my lenses??" I ask an associate.
"It takes the standard 5-7 business days for shipping. They should arrive at your place January 23rd, 24th at the latest"
"WHAT??? Are you serious? I live minutes from you guys, can I just come pick them up??" "Unfortunetely, no, they have already shipped out."
"That's ridiculous... The guy I spoke with initially said a day or two, since I live in the same valley as you guys"
"I'm sorry about your frustrations. We can refund the shipping cost."
"Please do" I said.
Just to give you an idea of how ridiculous their shipping is - I ordered something from Vegas on amazon on Friday, Jan 17th and received it today, January 20th, on their "Standard shipping" that I didn't have to pay anything for. Thanks 1800Contacts for the slow shipping. Although, they were nice to deal with on the phone, and they gave me a refund.

modified review This review was modified by dglock18 on January 20 2014 08:02:24 PM
Rating 6/103/5

"I personally think it would be easier and faster to call my optometrist and have them order me new contact lenses than to wait for 1800 Contacts to ship me another pair. It took them way too long to verify my RX."

"BEWARE! don't order from this site even if the price is better. Customer service is awful! After spending hours with 5 different agents (during different days) who screwed things up with address, prescriptions etc, finally they recommended a brand with produced the diameter I needed (apparently the brand that I had chosen first with diameter did not produce it, but was available for selection, meaning it's like ordering a t shirt size small and then telling u the brand does not produce that size, but was available for selection). I emailed again the prescription with the brand they recommended who actually produced the diameter I needed but instead I received the box today and the diameter was wrong. Bottom line, they say that this new brand does not make it in that diameter, yes, the brand they recommended. Too much. All they say is I'm sorry, which obliviously makes things worse. Now i don't want to know anything else from that site. And on top of that I have to waste more time mailing the box myself and wait for my money to be back. It's really sad.
Btw, I bought lenses for my mom a few months ago and they sent fewer boxes.

modified review This review was modified by golo97 on October 09 2013 04:40:55 PM

"I don't think I will shop For contact lenses anywhere else. 1 -800-contacts has the most awesome customer service I have seen in ages. And I've spent the summer on the phone/in person dealing with numerous customer service reps as we just moved and remodeled. Believe me, good customer service is almost non-existent.
1800contacts has reps who speak ENGLISH first of all. Big plus. They do not read a script but rather listen to you and actually try to help. I've recently and several issues necessitating calls to customer service and they went above and beyond. They called my eye doctor for me and called me back when they said they would. They figured out a problem the optometrist (office) couldn't and helped me more than the dr's office. And the resolved everything at their cost no questions asked. They followed up with a personal note and gift certificate!
They price match, have free shipping and fast delivery. Why go elsewhere ?
By the way, the reviewer who said he had misshapen contacts probably had the wrong Rx. I had similar issue. In 35 years wearing contacts and three c lens wearers in my house, I have never seen a defective lens. And 1-800contacts doesn't make them, They sell them! they don't sell seconds etc that's just ridiculous. And they will fix whatever your problem is.

modified review This review was modified by Naec on September 04 2013 08:46:27 PM

"Ordered and received contacts but roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the lenses were misshapen. When I try to put them in my eye, the pain is unbearable and I have to throw them out. I move on to the next contact in the box, and the same thing, misshapen painful. So far I have been through 2 boxes in 2 weeks just to find 2 good lenses. They must buy old stock or rejects. BEWARE."

modified review This review was modified by chris.r on May 22 2013 05:10:37 AM

"Amazing Service! I don't understand any of the negative comments. I've used the service quite a few times and the costumer service I always very friendly,very easy to understand, and don't talk to you like you're a robot. Great service. Very fast ! Thank you!"

modified review This review was modified by Raymond5608 on April 27 2013 11:20:03 PM

"Best customer service anywhere. Always a live person that picks up right away. Straight to business no bs they make it real easy and simple. Real friendly and the order is always right"

"Awful!! I ordered for my daughter and they put the address incorrectly. We never received the order; when I called for refund I was told we had to wait 10 days for a refund. 2 weeks later and no refund. I was told the credit would be towards future orders. I requested, again, a refund. The supervisor indicated it would tame 10 days. 2 weeks later (now going into a month from the initial mistake THEY made) I had to contact my credit card for the refund. My credit card company was able to get a refund."

"All the bad reviews have got to be fake...I just ordered some contacts, had to throw out the first 3 contacts for my left eye, talked to Brandon on their LIVE chat, super nice dude who confirmed that they're shipping out those 3 free of charge & to just throw the defective lenses out.

All in all I've been with ordering from them for about 2-3 years & my experience had been great, good prices too (a little cheaper than my optometrist). I had one defective contact my last order but didn't realize how easy it was to get a replacement. Now I know to just chat online & problem solved.

Fooey to all those hating on 1800 Contacts...they're awesome in my opinion. Try them out once at least.
The way all online business should be.

"Better-than-average price; Exactly what I ordered and well packaged for shipping; I did not give them prescription, and they contacted my doctor the same day and shipped them; The rebate was incredibly easy (You mail one form, no UPC cutting or superfluous paperwork) you mail one form with a barcode that contains your info and you get money in the mail (mine took about 4 weeks)"

"Wanted a refund cause of defective contacts that were ripped and thrown in trash. Was informed by rude supervisor Steve to dig out of trash to return them for money back as proof that they were ripped. Implying that customers lie and are out to cheat them or something. Very rude customer service, shop else where! Satisfaction is NOT ever guaranteed here."

"I LOVE 1-800 Contacts!!! I have been buying contacts for my son and I for about 2 years now and I have never had a problem EVER! Last year I tried to order "colors" and I hated them. I contacted them to let them know that they are the most uncomfortable contacts I have ever had in my life and I was profesionally apologized to and given the option to get a FULL refund or order "new" contacts. I wanted to oder some new ones.... the lady on the phone went through my order and reimbursed my CC with the remaining balance RIGHT AWAY while I was on the phone. She shipped out the new contacts and said I will send you a box with instructions on how to send back the old ones. I recieved the new ones and a self addressed box with postage paid inside and it was SOOOOO EASY!!!!
I would recommend to use 1-800 Contacts to ANYONE!!!!

"THIS AMAZING SERVICE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET IS NOTHING BUT A LIE.
YOU ARE A FOOL TO LET THIS COMPANY HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT CARD.
FACELESS CORPORATION COMMITTING WIRE FRAUD.
THIS COMPANY IS DESIGNED TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU CAN NOT DO A THING ABOUT IT.

THIEVES.
NO MANAGERS TO RESOLVE ISSUES. EVER.
CALL TO VERIFY REFUND, NOTATE CALL, THEY RECORD CALL AND THE NEXT DAY THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF IT. AT ALL.
LIARS, THIEVES, WIRE FRAUD HERE.
DOUBLE DIP ACCOUNT AND ONE REP SAYS SORRY, THE OTHERS SAY SORRY DO NOT SEE IT.

CORPORATION IS OWNED BY WELLPOINT.
WELLPOINT IS SO LARGE YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM IN A COMPLAINT.
800-CONTACT IS SO LARGE YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM IN A COMPLAINT.

"WIRE FRAUD / LIARS / INCITE YOU / NO MANAGEMENT / NO REFUNDS / DOUBLE DIP /

Order and get double charged as our bank statements indicate. They lie about refunding the money and jerk you around from one phone call to the other. They say they have recordings of all calls but could not find the call my wife made where they say they are refunding the money.
August 27th she called, I asked her to call again August 28th and they deny her ever calling on the 27th and have no record of them owing us anything. They will lie back and forth and there is no one there with any authority to get it resolved.
This merchant is pulling the same tactics that ENZYTE did. slow walking people, taking more money out of their accounts and lying to keep that money no matter who you are.
I would never use a company like this and if you do, you are a fool.
They use this tonality to incite you, lies to inflame you and there is no one to complain to in getting it resolved.

THIS CORPORATION IS SCUM. LYING, FRAUDULENT SCUM.