Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Ordered contacts with expedited shipping 16 days ago to get before vacation. Never received. Contacted them and was told they cancelled order b/c prescription expired. They contacted old eye doctor despite me indicating new doctor. No call, no email, nothing. Then said if I wanted that order it would cost more!!!! With shipping waived!!! Huh? No cost benefit due to acuvue manfacturer new pricing policy of no discounts. Now my head is spinning? Why would I bother using them??? No discount, inadequate processing, inability to discount and deliver?? Asked to speak with a supervisor and was told to email. Goodbye 1800 contacts never again. May want to change the web site to indicate you can't discount."

modified review This review was modified by Amyd23 on August 17 2014 04:09:38 PM

"Will never order from 1800contacts again! Promised to send rebate form and never sent form. Advertise the best price and then ran this kind of scam. Better off going to local store."

"I love 1800contacts! Their customer service is amazing and their prices are too bad. Very simple and easy. They verify the Rx with the doctor all you have to do is click and order! "

modified review This review was modified by docrbc on June 04 2014 01:57:42 PM

"I ordered from them twice and both times it was a nightmare. 1st time I entered my full address correctly and they failed to put my name on the box. 2nd time they ran out of the lenses I ordered so I had to wait over a week before it shipped. I had an issues getting the incorrect lenses then the replacement lenses got "lost in the mail". My original order was over a month ago and I still don't have my lenses. So frustrating!"

modified review This review was modified by 1800sucks on May 27 2014 01:33:39 PM

"Just ordered w/ them for the first time -- customer service seriously surprised me with how much they're willing to do on their end. So helpful so far. I was actually sort of shocked, but maybe that's just because I'm used to begging/crying/askingtheuniversewhy while on the phone with Comcast customer service. Really impressed. Can't really speak to anything else at this point, but was genuinely surprised by this. Enough to write a review which is sort of weird."

modified review This review was modified by OrangeSpider on April 28 2014 07:41:31 AM

"1-800 CONTACTS customer service is FABULOUS! Anytime I have had an issue they have gone above and beyond to resolve the issue. I have never had an issue with delivery as well. To those that report that their delivery is slow, all I can say is you get what you pay for. Don't be so cheap, pay for the expedited shipping. Be responsible enough to order your contacts in advance. I have used 1-800 contacts for a couple of years now and will continue to do so."

modified review This review was modified by ck22272 on February 11 2014 06:57:51 PM

"Great price matching, but extremely slow shipping! I ordered my contacts last monday (they needed an extra day to verify my prescription, which was fine), and then I received a confirmation email on January 14th (Tuesday). I literally live within 20 miles of the headquarters for 1800CONTACTS. The representative I initially spoke with stated that it shouldn't be more than a day or so, after they verified the prescription. Alright, sounds reasonable I thought. So I wait... wednesday, thursday, friday... I finally call back friday, and the conversation went something like this:
"Where are my lenses??" I ask an associate.
"It takes the standard 5-7 business days for shipping. They should arrive at your place January 23rd, 24th at the latest"
"WHAT??? Are you serious? I live minutes from you guys, can I just come pick them up??" "Unfortunetely, no, they have already shipped out."
"That's ridiculous... The guy I spoke with initially said a day or two, since I live in the same valley as you guys"
"I'm sorry about your frustrations. We can refund the shipping cost."
"Please do" I said.
Just to give you an idea of how ridiculous their shipping is - I ordered something from Vegas on amazon on Friday, Jan 17th and received it today, January 20th, on their "Standard shipping" that I didn't have to pay anything for. Thanks 1800Contacts for the slow shipping. Although, they were nice to deal with on the phone, and they gave me a refund.

modified review This review was modified by dglock18 on January 20 2014 08:02:24 PM

"Wow! Not sure where to start. My son's contact lenses were in luggage that was lost for a flight to Kenya that got cancelled. He returned home and his next departure was in 2 days. We needed to replace his lenses FAST! On 1/8/13 at 9am I spoke with Stephanie at 1800contacts. She was super sweet. I was placed on hold several times as they had to get some verification from the doctor etc...When she returned she took my credit card information and the order was placed...or so I thought. Her sweet nature on the phone did not translate into following through with my situation. When I called back at 2:30, there didn't really seem to be any record of my previous call with the urgent nature of my order and the expectation that I would receive it the next day, Thursday. (My son was leaving for Kenya Friday morning). So again, I was placed on lengthy holds by Amanda and was finally told that everything was taken care of and that they would be shipped in an hour and 10 minutes (5:00pm) and I would definitely receive them the next day. When I got in early Thursday morning, I wanted to check on the status. When I called, they again had no record of my urgent need to get these and the lenses had NOT been shipped as promised. Something about the verification process. Basically no one cared to see that this order got completely processed. I demanded to speak with a supervisor. Cheryl was who I was given and I totally let her know what was happening and what I thought of their company and their customer service. She once again placed me on hold and when she returned said it was an issue with the verification process. She told me to call back in a little bit. I asked what her direct number was. Well, there is none and I would have had to start over with another supervisor who was just privy to whatever notes Cheryl had input into the system. I told her that was unacceptable and that SHE was to call ME in a half an hour to update me on the status. Which she did and she stayed with me throughout the day and really made the order happen. The shipment was sent via UPS with a promise of a 10:30 am arrival but with a request for a 'before 8am" delivery. All evening I followed the tracker number and all it said was "a label has been created" there was never an indication that it had been shipped. I was rather nervous. However, at 7:30 this morning, my doorbell rang and it was the UPS driver. I was very thankful. However, this did not have to happen this way. The typical 24 hour delivery would have been awesome if they had more of a personal connection to the customers instead of knowing they will never need to speak to the disgruntled customer. Although things worked out and Cheryl was fabulous and trustworthy, I don't think I can order from them again. Their lack of care and concern had me in tears several times. I don't think I can do that again. They are too big."

modified review This review was modified by Shelley714 on January 10 2014 11:21:31 AM

"I personally think it would be easier and faster to call my optometrist and have them order me new contact lenses than to wait for 1800 Contacts to ship me another pair. It took them way too long to verify my RX."

"BEWARE! don't order from this site even if the price is better. Customer service is awful! After spending hours with 5 different agents (during different days) who screwed things up with address, prescriptions etc, finally they recommended a brand with produced the diameter I needed (apparently the brand that I had chosen first with diameter did not produce it, but was available for selection, meaning it's like ordering a t shirt size small and then telling u the brand does not produce that size, but was available for selection). I emailed again the prescription with the brand they recommended who actually produced the diameter I needed but instead I received the box today and the diameter was wrong. Bottom line, they say that this new brand does not make it in that diameter, yes, the brand they recommended. Too much. All they say is I'm sorry, which obliviously makes things worse. Now i don't want to know anything else from that site. And on top of that I have to waste more time mailing the box myself and wait for my money to be back. It's really sad.
Btw, I bought lenses for my mom a few months ago and they sent fewer boxes.

modified review This review was modified by golo97 on October 09 2013 04:40:55 PM

"I don't think I will shop For contact lenses anywhere else. 1 -800-contacts has the most awesome customer service I have seen in ages. And I've spent the summer on the phone/in person dealing with numerous customer service reps as we just moved and remodeled. Believe me, good customer service is almost non-existent.
1800contacts has reps who speak ENGLISH first of all. Big plus. They do not read a script but rather listen to you and actually try to help. I've recently and several issues necessitating calls to customer service and they went above and beyond. They called my eye doctor for me and called me back when they said they would. They figured out a problem the optometrist (office) couldn't and helped me more than the dr's office. And the resolved everything at their cost no questions asked. They followed up with a personal note and gift certificate!
They price match, have free shipping and fast delivery. Why go elsewhere ?
By the way, the reviewer who said he had misshapen contacts probably had the wrong Rx. I had similar issue. In 35 years wearing contacts and three c lens wearers in my house, I have never seen a defective lens. And 1-800contacts doesn't make them, They sell them! they don't sell seconds etc that's just ridiculous. And they will fix whatever your problem is.

modified review This review was modified by Naec on September 04 2013 08:46:27 PM

"Every time that I have spoken or purchased from this company I've dealt with the most helpful and polite people. I'm usually not one to leave reviews but i've been so pleased with their customer service that I highly recommend them. It's refreshing to deal with such a professional and courteous company. Their products are always shipped immediately and are in perfect condition. They are the only company I order lenses from. FIVE STARS!!!"

modified review This review was modified by AubrieR on June 06 2013 10:51:02 AM

"Honestly, I can't see why anyone wouldn't order your contacts from here. Not only do they price match, excellent customer service. I had a problem with the date of my prescription, the email correspondence was timely and the rep worked with me to get the problem resolved. I'm very pleased with 1800 Contacts, and I saved a lot of money. "

modified review This review was modified by marvis2014 on May 23 2013 02:43:09 PM

"Ordered and received contacts but roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of the lenses were misshapen. When I try to put them in my eye, the pain is unbearable and I have to throw them out. I move on to the next contact in the box, and the same thing, misshapen painful. So far I have been through 2 boxes in 2 weeks just to find 2 good lenses. They must buy old stock or rejects. BEWARE."

modified review This review was modified by chris.r on May 22 2013 05:10:37 AM

"Amazing Service! I don't understand any of the negative comments. I've used the service quite a few times and the costumer service I always very friendly,very easy to understand, and don't talk to you like you're a robot. Great service. Very fast ! Thank you!"

modified review This review was modified by Raymond5608 on April 27 2013 11:20:03 PM

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!