Stores > 1-800 CONTACTS

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.67/10 4.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.42/10 4.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
Voice your opinion! Review 1-800 CONTACTS by clicking a star below.
2017-08-15

It will take forever to get your contactd

"Hope you don't need contacts right away, their shipping is aweful. I made two orders, got my daughters in a few days, still waiting for mine. No real savings, could have gone to the optical center in Walmart and got the same price and had my contacts the same day! "

2017-08-14

You won't get your contacts...

"First time using this service and I will never use it again. I placed my order at 10am on Friday. No one called to tell me my prescription didn't upload and I PAID for the 1 business day shipping. I had to keep calling them, only for them to tell me that UPS had already came and my contacts will be shipped tomorrow and I'll receive them by Wednesday.... I paid for 1 business day shipping. They may have decent pricing but keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Don't wast your time with them! Now I won't have my contacts till Wednesday, even though I placed my order Friday morning. SMH... "

2017-08-14

Great experience

"I'm not sure why 1-800-CONTACTS seems to get so many negative reviews. I've ordered multiple sets of contacts with them and have nothing but good things to say about them. When you call in, you always get a human being immediately (no recording) and they are always great in helping you with your situation.

Not only do they price match pretty much everywhere, but they will buy your old contacts back if your prescription changes, or if you just change your mind. Add on free shipping and no tax in most states, and this makes them a win-win.

I cannot recommend them enough.

2017-07-18

Honestly can say this company has the best customer service!

"I hadn't received my contacts for a while after ordering them so I called the 1800 number and was immediately connected with someone. We discovered that I accidentally shipped my contacts to an old address at my college. I told the rep that I would just go pick them up on Saturday. It was tuesday at this point so the rep said that he would send a new box to the correct address by thursday so that I would have them a few days early. He said that I could just mail the other box back when I get them, and if there was any mistake and I couldn't get them or send them back I wouldn't be charged. I got the new contacts the next day! (on wednesday) and picked up the old box on Sat. I hadn't received the return label so I called the number again and someone immediately answered and I told them I would need a new shipping label. Again, through my own fault, I had the shipping label sent to the wrong email address and the rep corrected it immediately. He also said that they appreciated my honesty in sending them back so they gave me free shipping and 10% off my next order! BEST COMPANY EVER!!!!"

2017-07-11

Zero Product Knowledge

"I live overseas and can only get a multifocal lens from the USA. I sent prescriptions from two different doctors, and 180 Contacts could not figure out what to do. They even called my doctor, and still could not piece together the information. My doctors confirmed the specs on my prescription, but the lens was not available in those specs, so they doctors had to completely modify the prescription. All the while, I was calling internationally and receiving emails from 10 or 11 different people creating a ton of confusion.. After a long miserable process, I was finally able to place the order only to receive a call the next day, saying the specs were not available, and I need a new prescription from the doctor. My doctor is having to write a fraudulent prescription to meet the specifications of their lens. It's ridiculous. I have never seen a team of people with so little product knowledge and/or experience in dealing with overseas customers. I had an absolutely miserable experience dealing with this staff of people....and 10 days in and God knows how much money in phone calls, still no contact order. Silly!"

2017-07-10

Truly the best customer service experience!

"I've ordered 1800 contacts for years and have never had an issue. Tonight I realized that my new order was placed incorrectly by me when I put 1 of my new lenses in and it was blurry. I checked my old box and behold, I ordered +4.5 instead of -4.5. It's 1045 pm and I called the 1800 number. No automaton, directly to a person who was the nicest customer service representative I've ever spoken to. She not only put in the replacement but upgraded me, for free, to get the replacement by Friday. I will continue my business with them as long as they're in business and really appauld them for outstanding service. "

2017-07-10

Shipping!!

"Okay for starters I ordered contacts and obviously it is extremely important to receive them on time. I ordered on July 5 and I got a shipping notification telling me I would receive them on July 8 and I threw away my last pair at night on July 7 thinking I would have them the next day but I was so wrong. I tracked my order on July 8 in the morning and it still said it would be delivered on the 8th but NOT UPDATE ON ANYTHING. It was frustrating since I threw away my last pair. This company should know that ordering/glasses/contacts is very important since we need them to SEE. Now I am stuck at work on July 10 with no contacts struggling. Great. Worst experience ever. It still does not show any updates so I don't know when I will be receiving it. I called the shipping company and asked them if it was lost or what because they had already said when I was going to receive them but all they said was to wait 24hrs then call back. I am ****. "

2017-07-06

They will take old contacts you purchased from them!

"I had 6 months of contacts left from my old purchase but got a new prescription. They credited my account for these contacts and set me up with my new contacts in minutes! It was super easy and I did it all through chat!"

2017-06-30

A+ customer service!!!

"I have been ordering contacts from this company for years. My prescription is very high but they re always able to accomodate me and treat me with care and concern.
Their customer service is absolutely amazing, uber friendly staff!!

2017-06-26

absolutely dissatisfied

"Orderd contacts a week ago never came and then called the company and they told me it was supposed to come on Saturday, never came, I called again today, told me it should be there today and then proceeded to tell me it was been lost. to top it all off the last time I ordered, they sent me an extra which wasn't my prescription. Now I have no contacts and can barely see.

2017-06-16

absolutely dissatisfied

"I placed my first time order online on May 7, 2017. I had 14 migraines in the past 30 days after wearing these contact lenses. I decided to call my eye doctor to confirm I had the correct prescription, and sure enough, I was shipped the wrong prescription in 1 eye, the other was correct. Zane in the management staff, "customer service" refused to do anything except replace the incorrect box. I have 2 different prescriptions and therefore, 1 box of right eye contacts does me no good. 1 800 contacts is supposed to have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but in actuality, they did nothing. they offered to sell me another box, for 2.00 more than what I paid last month. what a joke! never again."

2017-06-12

Never Again!

"I'm so upset with 1-800 CONTACTS! It was my first time using them and they royally screwed up! I ordered my $90.00 of contacts on Thursday, June 8th with next business day delivery, with the delivery expected on Friday, June 9th so I could actually see for a full weekend of martial arts events and lo and behold they won't arrive until Monday, June 12th! Then, I spend a countless amount of time on the phone explaining my situation over and over again and the best they can do is 1) Blame UPS, 2) Give me $30.00 back and leave me holding the bag for the rest, 3) Give me free delivery on my next order (which will never be happening), 4) cover their **** by saying "Next Business Day" actually means 1-3 business days, and 5) Tell me to call UPS if I want any further resolution even though they won't be able to help me with a thing! Seriously??? I'M NEVER USING 1-800 CONTACTS AGAIN! YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THE SAME THING!"

2017-05-31

Excellent customer service

"I had accidentally submitted the wrong quantities on my order. I called in and their customer service was soooo helpful! She corrected my order, quick-shipped my items, even told me where and how to do the rebate without me asking. The whole process was about 6 minutes and one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. "

2017-05-27

What Your Bank Account!

"I noticed a $13.00 fee taken out of my account. I called. It was taken for shipping on my sons account. They only notified his email not mine. I have had an account for over 20 years. It was a bank that I seldom used and had little money in it therefore causing a $30 additional charge for overage. I called them, they said "I am sorry" they only notified my son, not I. Very bad customer service, will never use them again! Watch your bank account carefully..."

2017-05-19

Excellent Service

"The nicest and most professional service from all the employees every time I order. Fast delivery and quality product I don't know what I'd do without 1-800 Contacts!"

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!