Stores > 1-800 CONTACTS

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.89/10 3.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
Voice your opinion! Review 1-800 CONTACTS by clicking a star below.
2017-06-16

absolutely dissatisfied

"I placed my first time order online on May 7, 2017. I had 14 migraines in the past 30 days after wearing these contact lenses. I decided to call my eye doctor to confirm I had the correct prescription, and sure enough, I was shipped the wrong prescription in 1 eye, the other was correct. Zane in the management staff, "customer service" refused to do anything except replace the incorrect box. I have 2 different prescriptions and therefore, 1 box of right eye contacts does me no good. 1 800 contacts is supposed to have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, but in actuality, they did nothing. they offered to sell me another box, for 2.00 more than what I paid last month. what a joke! never again."

2017-06-12

Never Again!

"I'm so upset with 1-800 CONTACTS! It was my first time using them and they royally screwed up! I ordered my $90.00 of contacts on Thursday, June 8th with next business day delivery, with the delivery expected on Friday, June 9th so I could actually see for a full weekend of martial arts events and lo and behold they won't arrive until Monday, June 12th! Then, I spend a countless amount of time on the phone explaining my situation over and over again and the best they can do is 1) Blame UPS, 2) Give me $30.00 back and leave me holding the bag for the rest, 3) Give me free delivery on my next order (which will never be happening), 4) cover their **** by saying "Next Business Day" actually means 1-3 business days, and 5) Tell me to call UPS if I want any further resolution even though they won't be able to help me with a thing! Seriously??? I'M NEVER USING 1-800 CONTACTS AGAIN! YOU SHOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THE SAME THING!"

2017-05-31

Excellent customer service

"I had accidentally submitted the wrong quantities on my order. I called in and their customer service was soooo helpful! She corrected my order, quick-shipped my items, even told me where and how to do the rebate without me asking. The whole process was about 6 minutes and one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. "

2017-05-27

What Your Bank Account!

"I noticed a $13.00 fee taken out of my account. I called. It was taken for shipping on my sons account. They only notified his email not mine. I have had an account for over 20 years. It was a bank that I seldom used and had little money in it therefore causing a $30 additional charge for overage. I called them, they said "I am sorry" they only notified my son, not I. Very bad customer service, will never use them again! Watch your bank account carefully..."

2017-05-19

Excellent Service

"The nicest and most professional service from all the employees every time I order. Fast delivery and quality product I don't know what I'd do without 1-800 Contacts!"

2017-05-15

Oh-O say I can't see

"What follows is the epic tale of my attempt to order contacts via 1-800-Contacts. Beware, any who may venture this way. The next day delivery should be bypassed by anyone tempted: it is not a reality. The free shipping is an abyss, and your shipment would be better trusted to the homing instincts of the local squirrel population. The customer service rep I spoke to was working out of a home based operation, where he was simultaneously carrying on a debate with a cohort about how much pineapple the pizza they were ordering would be comprised of , and explaining to me that he could give me an update on my shipment status as soon as he finished downloading the last 2 seasons of Frazier. I could hear 2, maybe 3 small dogs relentlessly barking in the background - which prompted the rep to abruptly yell "Shut the Fu*k up!" followed by a genuinely cordial" Man I'm sorry about that " . I honestly felt that he was. He kept asking what it was I had ordered, " Contact lenses" I'd reply . He imparted that he had thought about trying them himself ; that in fact many of his friends had encouraged him to do so- but he would get the "creeps" every time he would think about touching his eyeball. I was entertained but, essentially my need to see overtook my ammusmment - I had to bid him farewell, and the phone call ended with him giving me a hopeful assurance that my shipment would "get there eventually". I thought that his assurance should be a selection on the shipment specification: Next day- 2-3 Business days- and Get there eventually. I won't use 1 800 contacts again - primarily because of their partnership with DHL . As of the writing this complaint my shipment is still spinning somewhere out in the cosmos, being volleyed about until it's conveniently close enough to be tossed up on my lawn for its retrieval. "

2017-05-12

great customer service

"I started ordering 1800 contacts because of the wonderful convenience it was, not to mention the quick shipment! However my last order I did get a "bad batch" and the contacts were dried out and had holes in them. I called the customer service number and spoke with this AMAZING lady named Caitlyn. I got a new order of contacts shipped to me in 3 days because of the problem! She was extremely helpful, by far the best person I have ever spoke with in customer service-seriously EVER! She even sent me a 5$ gift certificate on top of my new order free of charge. "

2017-05-08

Must be ran by monkeys

"Ordered a box of contacts and after 7 days of them not showing, I texted their customer support. I was told I'd be overnighted a box and 3 more days pass with no lenses. I was offered a refund or to wait for them to ACTUALLY overnight the box they yold me they overnighted 3 days ago. Im a broke college student so at this point, i could use the $90.00 real bad. They said the refund should get here within 3-10 days...still waiting on my refund on day 11. Blind and broke. "

2017-05-02

Damaged box

"I usually don't have any issue with them but my package arrived Smushed in and damaged . I had to throw some of the contacts away because the thing they are in leaked . I'm not sure how that big box they arrived in hot so smashed . I'm kinda disappointed because I wasted my money and haven't revived everything in one piece . Not sure if I'm going to ever purchase something from them again ."

2017-04-25

AMAZING SERVICE

"I called one 1800-contacts to place an order for overnight shipping on April 24. The representative that assisted me was absolutely amazing. I placed my order at night knowing that the shipment would leave Tuesday 4/25 and arrive on Wednesday 4/26, but my order came in TODAY 4/25! It was a very lovely surprise to come home from work to. My friend orders from 1800 contacts all the time and recommended this company. This is my first time ordering with them and I would definitely recommend to friends and family!"

2017-03-29

Rip offs

"I have been ordering from 1800 contacts for years. I just learned today that the same order through lens.com was over half less (377.00 through 1800 contacts and 155.00 through lens.com). That says it all. They should be charged with robbery. Pass the word "

2017-03-25

Unsatisfactory. Not recommended.

"I received the wrong order. I send back the order and they charged my credit card anyways. Not recommended."

2017-03-24

Fantastic Customer Service!

"I have ordered from 1800Contacts before and had a good experience, but the service I received this past week truly went above and beyond. There was an issue with my prescription as my dr. had written it. I had a rep reach out to me and help me figure out the issue and then they made the call on my behalf to my dr. That really meant a lot since I was at work and busy. They followed up throughout the day until the issue was resolved. I believe my rep's name was Kerry- I truly apologize for not remembering because I appreciated the service so much! Thank you for going above and beyond! "

2017-03-02

Unsatisfactory

"Order contacts on 2/22/2017. Should have received them by now, only to find out that the order was not processed in their system it was held apparently that's what the rep on the phone told me... They never contacted me to tell me this... I would have not known until I logged in account to track shopping only to find out they are shipping out today and I should receive them tomorrow.. poor customer service... I will not be ordering from them again and will be telling friends and family not to as well "

2017-02-25

Seriously---over $1.91?

"Lens.com or Opticontacts.com will be getting my next order. I have to spend time EVERY time I order from 1-800 Contacts to get them to price match as their prices are always much more (usually double) what everyone else is asking. They get you with the price match and 2% savings---whoopie! And when I asked them to sell to me at the exact same price as my order from 3 months ago (again after they price matched Opticontacts.com) they refused. The difference was $1.91. This pettiness and asking consumers to waste time finding the correct price is not consumer-centric. Lens.com and Opticontacts.com always have better prices. Please move your business to them. "

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!