• 1-800 CONTACTS

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.14/10 6.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.14/10 6.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10

"I've been using 1-800 Contacts for years. It's so much cheaper and more convenient than how I used to order them through my eye doctor. Every time I had an issue with my contacts I would always get shrugged off by my doctor but 1-800 Contacts has always been extremely helpful. If I had issues with my contacts, like tearing, they would replace my contacts for free. I recently contacted them because I stupidly let my contacts in a hot car for several weeks after a move. Just contacted them and they let me know that they would replace them for free if they have any damage from the heat. I'm so relieved, I thought I would have to replace two entire new boxes of contacts, which I can't afford right now. 10/10, I recommend them to everybody. "

"I just had the best experience with 1-800 Contacts! I am a new customer so I was not sure what to expect but the man I spoke on the phone with had exceptional customer service skills. My eye doctor was being hesitant with my prescription and 1-800 contacts worked with me and even upgraded my shipping to 1 day shipping for the inconvenience of MY eye doctor. I will be ordering my contacts from here from now on!"

"Purchased 4 boxes of contacts that was supposed to come with a $35 rebate. Mailed in rebate form 9 weeks ago. Sent an email which was not answered. Not sure what is going on with this company but you shouldn't factor in rebate to your original cost. Buyer beware."

"I had been using 1800contacts for approximately 10 years and was pleased with the convenience of their service. "

This review was modified by lorrainethompson on April 01 2015 11:07:38 AM

"I was searching for the best deal for contacts, and 1800 Contacts didn't have it, but I chatted online with a representative and she said they would price match. The contacts purchased were Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus 24 pack. They had them for $135 and a $50 mail in rebate. I got them price matched at $110 per box and didn't have to deal with the rebate. They were extremely helpful! I was even able to text a copy of my prescription and pay over chat, so it was super convenient. "

"This was my first time using 1-800 CONTACTS and I would highly recommend their services! Very user friendly (I downloaded the app and got FREE expedited shipping for being a first time customer, otherwise expedited shipping would have been $15.)
The customer service ROCKS! I ordered at 7:00pm (PST) and within 15 minutes a representative contacted me letting me know they got my order!
ALSO! You are able to take a picture of your prescription and send it in, which takes away the stress of typo's and miscommunication as far as putting in your prescription.
***One recommendation would be to order your contacts before you absolutely need them. I order on March 9th and didn't receive until March 16th.
Other than that, I would 100% recommend this service to anyone!!

This review was modified by Louloupineapple on March 16 2015 10:08:19 PM

"I have nothing but praise & give 1800contacts the highest rating. Every person I have spoken to on the phone has been very pleasant and very helpful with questions that I have. I have always gotten my contacts within a few days & and when I did run into a problem which was not a 1800contact problem but a Acuvue problem it was handled by customer service well beyond my expectations. I will never use another contact service for as long as I wear contacts
From a very satisfied customer
J. Viscusi

This review was modified by gigivisc on March 12 2015 04:27:52 PM

"I have no idea why they have such a low rating. I have NEVER had a problem with them for the 5 years that I've used them. Even with expired prescriptions and standard shipping I get my contacts in 4-5 days. Returns are also very easy to do if you are literate because they give you simple directions. Whenever I have questions, the people there are always extremely helpful and nice.
I think people have one bad experience and write the whole company off as a terrible business. 1800contacts is the only reliable and fast source of contacts I've had in the 7 years that I've worn contacts.

This review was modified by kstag on February 25 2015 09:33:20 AM

"This is a horrible company. I placed an order and it arrived 10 days later. When I finally got them the prescription had been entered wrong my one of the representatives when they verified my prescription with my doctor. They apologized and told me they would overnight my correct order. That was on a Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday night I get a email saying that my prescription had to be verified again. Why? They had my most recent one! My correct order was not overnighted to me. Ok. Today is Wednesday( I was supposed to get my order today) and it's 5pm. I just now got a confirmation that my new order is on its way. No tracking number and the carrier was not identified. I called last "

"These people are freaking morons. I texted them my prescription then told them that the doctor I went to relocated and before relocating told me they are not taking their previous patient records with them as they are relocating outside the area and hence there was no reason to as those patients wouldnt be going there anyways. These morons tried to call the previous place they were out and got no answer. Of course you didn't get an answer I told you all that place went out of business but my prescription was good for a year and the prescription I gave was correct. They said no we are cancelling your order and we have to call the doctor to see if the RX is real. Fine. I googled the new location and they get the receptionist. The receptionist tells them I am not a patient of theirs as AGAIN THEY RELOCATED AND DID NOT TAKE THE PATIENT FILES WITH THEM. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO ASK FOR THE DOCTOR YOU DUMBASSES. I called got the doctor and had the doctor fax them my RX as he remembered me. They then cancel the order again and say we never got it. WTF. They do not call you to cancel the order. I just went to 1saveonlens.com and got it there. Screw these idiots. "

This review was modified by lensdoctor on February 10 2015 11:42:16 PM

"The new commercial that is being broadcasted on television depicting an injured man and a nun is absolutely disgusting. Your company ought to be ashamed of itself for projecting such a sacrilegious message, and I'm extremely happy I don't require corrective lenses. If I did, you can bet I wouldn't use your company. If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to contact me because I can HONESTLY care less. I'm a Catholic, and your commercial made my stomach turn."

This review was modified by Aaaawaaaaaa on February 08 2015 08:40:11 AM

"I ordered contacts lenses with overnight shipping. I called to check and see if they had shipped and was told that the doctor hand faxed the prescription yet. I called and asked the doctor and they said that they haven't received a fax from 1800contacts. The, I called 1800contacts telling them that the doctor hasn't received their fax and they said they had sent it. So then I physically went to the doctors office to check and see if they had received a fax and I found out that they hadn't. The doctor then called and sent them the fax. Now I called and checked to see if they had shipped the order and was told the order hasn't shipped yet and that it was processing. I am very disappointed and spent a whole day on this and here I am with no contacts. This has happened to me 2 so these morons and freakin idiots can't deliver what they say they're the best or more like 'best worst. Screw 1800contacts they are real POS's"

This review was modified by Dbimeri15 on February 03 2015 04:41:51 PM

"I have had such a good experience with 1800contacts. It's so hassle free. I get my yearly exam at target for 99 bucks, then order from 1800contacts from then on. The contacts are the same price as every where else, plus free shipping. I order them and they come in 2 days. Every time! Which is good because I usually order more only when I absolutely need to. (when one is torn)"

This review was modified by carissa_4u_90 on November 24 2014 02:27:41 PM

"I don't understand 1-800 contacts - why would you put up with this giant, expensive, cold hearted company when you can buy for 50% less from pure Internet sellers like OptiContacts.com or Lens.com or C1 or anyone from the Top10. Don't be a schmuck any more - I know I'm not after this last order. I had an issue trying to return some items for credit with 1800contacts."

This review was modified by jeersmane on October 29 2014 08:51:02 PM

"This is just to provide feedback on the everlasting disappointment your company has given. It has taken 4 phone calls in the span of 2 months for fix YOUR errors. when I first called to place my order, and it was shipped using the wrong shipping method. After not receiving he order I was suppose to get in two days I called the 2nd time and thats when i was send a second shipment next day air, again because the original order was processed incorrectly. I called two weeks later deciding to keep the both shipments and agreed to get my card charged. they advised the 2nd order would charge after the returned shipment was not received. NOPE. My cc got charged in Aug for the 2nd shipment AND i got charged AGAIN on 9-29. I called THAT DAY to find out why i had 3 charges from you company. The rep on that call confirmed it was an error and stated he'd void out the transaction AFTER speaking to a manager. TODAY, almost a month later, i see i did in deed get charged and that transaction was never voided. I'm beyond annoyed at your service at this point and extremely disappointed at the lack of accountability you have with your users. This is seriously a ridiculous effort at providing service for an issue that began within your own company walls. REFUND MY MONEY and review the horrible service i have received continuously over the past two months. You spend all this money on advertising for your company yet you lack of professionalism is what made you loose this one when it would have been so easy to keep me by just doing what you suppose to, to begin with. I will be disputing this charge with my cc company and posting on all online forums the horrible service I have gotten. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB on the lack of respect you have for your customers for just charging things you had no authorization to charge. Seriously, everyone i have spoken with, including the two managers who reviewed my account have a lot of learning to do. You all suck."

This review was modified by SandraA650 on October 16 2014 09:49:26 PM

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!