Stores > 1-800 CONTACTS

Product & services pricing Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10

2016-06-21

Very disappointing

"Hey I have ordered 4 times from them huge orders all four failed to deliver I had to each time wait to pick it up somewhere far and with a hastle it's very furstraing because it's your eyes and u feel disabled when u r being promised it will be send and it was confirmed in the phone and you make sure you make notes and always something pops out, unfortunately I won't be using their service anymore each representives says something else and they don't uderstNd you, it's easier to go to you Doctor then to pay the next day delivery which is 24.99 dollars hint if you are offering such service you should keep up with your promise, when I asked to cancel after I explained my situation and said I only have contacts for one more day they said in will cancel and we hope u would like to order with us next time, it got me upset that I paid 24.99 3 times earlier and it failed to come I and to take cabs and cancel work to go get it but now I don't even get offered a new solution and they are hoping I order from them again. Very upset, first attend even and this is actually my first review on anything online, it just show how upset Iam."

This review was modified by Ellat on June 21 2016 07:54:40 AM

2016-05-04

Long time customer

"I have been using 1800contacts for a really long time. When I had a issue with an order they fixed it! Not one complaint in the ten or more years I have used them. "

2016-04-14

Always Fair, Always Best Service

"I have used 800 Contacts for years - they are always extremely courteous & professional. They do a price match (+ a 2% Discount on top !) and always manage to verify my Rx quickly. Even when I have made mistakes in ordering, they honored their price match and fulfilled the order quickly. There has never been an issue with quality, lenses are always perfect.

There is no reason to use any other supplier.

This review was modified by MEANJ on April 14 2016 11:49:05 AM

2016-03-31

My Experiences w/ 1-800-Contacts:

"First, I read through a few other reviews. It seemed there were one or two people with bad reviews for reasons that hardly seemed like the company's fault. It is unfortunate that people are way more likely to go out of their way to write a negative review than to go out of their way to write a good review when they do recieve great service. I would like to change that.

I sincerely wish all retailers would switch to the same customer service model as 1-800-Contacts. I've ordered with them on four separate occasions over the past few years. Every time has left me feeling completely satisfied. I order by phone, and each representative has been courteous, respectful, and always sounded cheery. I have never called and been unimpressed by the level of service I received.

I'm really hoping that there are other people out there that feel the same way. I'm tired of some companies that only care about your money and not you as an individual. The contacts are just contacts; the way the employees treat the customers, that is what makes this company GREAT! Please keep up the great work.

This review was modified by D.Porter on March 31 2016 09:02:05 AM

2016-02-21

Very Happy

"I spoke with customer service regarding my prescription and they were very helpful and polite. My order was processed and shipped quickly. Also, they have an app which makes ordering quick and convenient."

2015-12-06

"I have always had only amazing experiences with the representatives and customer service at 1-800-Contacts. I can pretty much say they may have the best customer service I have ever encountered.
This time specifically, I wanted to write great feedback for a specific representative I spoke to today- her name is Joey and I made the call at 4:34 pm. She was extremely helpful and friendly.
1-800-Contacts is lucky to have such a great worker!! I hope she is made aware of my appreciation.

2015-10-27

"I ran out of contacts recently and a friend from work recommended ordering from 1-800 Contacts and said the price was always cheaper. I usually pay $50 for a 3 month supply through my eye doctor's office and that was the price 1-800 Contacts was quoting me too, but apparently they do price matches plus a 2% lower price than the price they match, and they did their own search and saw my contacts were $35 at Sam's Club so they matched the price plus the 2% discount and now I have my contacts being shipped to me tax included and all for like $36. They even contacted my optometrist's office for me so I didn't have to worry about sending a prescription in. I definitely recommend them to anyone who wears contacts and their customer service is phenomenal!! "

2015-09-11

"Awful customer service. Next day shipping is an absolute joke. They didn't even have my contacts in Stock so I have to wait over a week before hey even shipped out. They said next day shipping but of course that acutally means 3 days later if I'm lucky. Customer service did nothing. "

This review was modified by Dgbmore27 on September 11 2015 03:12:46 PM

2015-07-20

"I can't say enough about this amazing company. Not only do they do a great job with routine prescriptions and refills but they definitely specialize in helping to resolve those urgent issues that occur when you need a pair of contact lenses in hurry. My daughter ripped one of her lenses and realized that she'd forgotten to bring extras during our summer vacation in South Beach. For hours I called around to several optical centers and found out that none were willing to sell me one contact lens or even a pair but rather insisted on us buying a 6 month supply box. Not only that, but most of them were selling one box at approx. $20 more than what I would normally pay at 1800contacts. Thinking that my only option was to bite the bullet and order the box I was ready to order from the only one that actually had one in stock when I suddenly wondered if 1800contact could do better. We were only going to be vacationing another 5 days so getting the lenses ordered and expectedly shipped was a must. The rep at 1800contacts was very helpful and immediately sounded as if she tackled this issue everyday. She told me I would not need to contact my daughters opthamalogist for a medical release of her records because we had ordered from them before and as long as the prescription was unchanged, which it wasn't, they would not only ship one contact lens out but do it for free and expedite ship it for the very next day at no shipping cost. You simply can not pay for customer service like that and I was lucky enough to not have to pay for anything. Thanks 1800contacts. You people are amazing!"

2015-06-21

"I've been using 1-800 Contacts for years. It's so much cheaper and more convenient than how I used to order them through my eye doctor. Every time I had an issue with my contacts I would always get shrugged off by my doctor but 1-800 Contacts has always been extremely helpful. If I had issues with my contacts, like tearing, they would replace my contacts for free. I recently contacted them because I stupidly let my contacts in a hot car for several weeks after a move. Just contacted them and they let me know that they would replace them for free if they have any damage from the heat. I'm so relieved, I thought I would have to replace two entire new boxes of contacts, which I can't afford right now. 10/10, I recommend them to everybody. "

2015-04-29

"I just had the best experience with 1-800 Contacts! I am a new customer so I was not sure what to expect but the man I spoke on the phone with had exceptional customer service skills. My eye doctor was being hesitant with my prescription and 1-800 contacts worked with me and even upgraded my shipping to 1 day shipping for the inconvenience of MY eye doctor. I will be ordering my contacts from here from now on!"

2015-04-25

"Purchased 4 boxes of contacts that was supposed to come with a $35 rebate. Mailed in rebate form 9 weeks ago. Sent an email which was not answered. Not sure what is going on with this company but you shouldn't factor in rebate to your original cost. Buyer beware."

2015-04-01

"I had been using 1800contacts for approximately 10 years and was pleased with the convenience of their service. "

This review was modified by lorrainethompson on April 01 2015 11:07:38 AM

2015-03-26

"I was searching for the best deal for contacts, and 1800 Contacts didn't have it, but I chatted online with a representative and she said they would price match. The contacts purchased were Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus 24 pack. They had them for $135 and a $50 mail in rebate. I got them price matched at $110 per box and didn't have to deal with the rebate. They were extremely helpful! I was even able to text a copy of my prescription and pay over chat, so it was super convenient. "

2015-03-16

"This was my first time using 1-800 CONTACTS and I would highly recommend their services! Very user friendly (I downloaded the app and got FREE expedited shipping for being a first time customer, otherwise expedited shipping would have been $15.)
The customer service ROCKS! I ordered at 7:00pm (PST) and within 15 minutes a representative contacted me letting me know they got my order!
ALSO! You are able to take a picture of your prescription and send it in, which takes away the stress of typo's and miscommunication as far as putting in your prescription.
***One recommendation would be to order your contacts before you absolutely need them. I order on March 9th and didn't receive until March 16th.
Other than that, I would 100% recommend this service to anyone!!

This review was modified by Louloupineapple on March 16 2015 10:08:19 PM

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!