• Rating 4.83/10 180 reviews

17th Street Photo Supply is not a merchant member
    17th Street Photo Supply does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • 17th Street Photo Supply contact information

"FAIL !!! I order 2 laptops.. they didnt send them requiring a signature and they didnt come on the date stated. So they sat outside overnight. it was -7 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried countless times to contact them from the number on the site and via amazon WITH NO RESPONSE FOR WEEKS All I wanted was to return them and get 2 more... NO ONE EVER.. EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE.. they finally responded and told me to call for a return label.. before I could call I got an email stating that its not their problem and for me to contact lenovo.. WTF?????????????? WTF kind of customer service is this? no apology... nothing !!"

modified review This review was modified by keith.stone on March 04 2014 07:12:55 PM

"I ordered a video camera through their website with 3 day shipping. I received a confirmation email of the transaction. After a day and a half of nothing I called their phone number. The gentleman asked for my order number and put me on hold. After minute he told me that "They shipped it via UPS and UPS lost it". They have no more in stock and my credit card would not be credited back. I have been UPS for business for 10 years and never had a shipment disapear. When I looked at my credit card online I was never charged. So I am guessing that they were out of stock and this was their excuse for not shipping it. Instead of telling me the truth the guy was obviously lying. I had a bad feeling right after I placed the order and I should have listened to my gut, and other reviewers on this site. Pay the extra $40-$50 and skip these guys. You are bound to have a problem."

modified review This review was modified by Lippy225 on June 21 2013 06:12:39 PM

"LIARS AND THIEVES

Stay away from this shady outfit. They charge for expedited shipping, take your money, and send it as slow as it can go. They refuse to answer emails when you point out their mistake. Save time, hassle, and money - you are better off going anywhere else.

"I ordered a Nikon D3100 kit from them. It arrived in 3 business days. The price was great and I am thoroughly satisfied with their service and the item. "

"COMPLETE IDIOTS ! On a 1-10 rating 10 being the highest I would give them a -57. That is how I was treated when I came to them with a defective product that I had purchased from them less that 30 days old. The owner called me a "Jack Ass" which I could not believe my ears. I was appauled by the disrespect and absurd language they used. First I found I was over charged and secondly they do not have a return policy. You buy it you own it. There are no returns. I guess this is because they know they are selling products that they buy from the back of a truck and they have no recourse. The owner is the worse. Uses foul language to think he can intimidate you. Well I have new for 17th Street Photo, you are the ASS not the customer !!! And from now on I will buy from ANYONE BUT 17th Street Photo. Absolute thieves!!! So as I said if you plan to buy think twice !!!"

"I ordered an Olympus MAL-1 macro light from 17th Street Photo through Amazon. After a few days with no information about my order, I followed up with the seller to ask if they had shipped, and if they had a tracking number. They did not bother to respond. This item is very hard to get and is sold out everywhere, except if you want to pay double the price on eBay. A couple of days later, I followed up with another email, and once again, they failed to acknowledge my inquiry in any way. I suspect they sold out and never updated their information on Amazon. Finally, I was forced to go through the Amazon Third Party Guarantee Program in order to extract a refund from the seller. 17th Street Photo failed me at every step of the process and never even offered a reason why, a refund, or an apology. The only thing that separates 17th Street Photo from the notorious Brooklyn Camera Scam shops is a bridge. "

New York

"17th Street Photo is a small store sort of opposite Adorama. Adorama is on 18th st. and 17th is, well on 17th street. The store is small but nice and clean. The staff are nice. I had been trying to get my hands on a diminishing supply of a D3S. I called the night before and was told there was supply with them. When I went to the store, Orlando helped me with the purchase. He was going to let me try a demo but there was none. I already knew the product so I told him I would buy it. Transaction was smooth. No pressure sales. Orlando was very helpful and pleasant. The price of the D3S was not gouged up, and was just the regular price. I would highly recommend the store. Orlando also let me inspect the product before I took it home."

"This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Rude and they refused to take back a defective item (portable DVD player)because I did not have the original packaging. Do not use them or Amazon as the middle man as Amazon will not stand up to damaged merchandise either. I hope they go out of business with their poor customer service.

"The d7000 (body only) has been sold out since launch almost everywhere. One day, I checked the 17th St Photo website, and viola! it's in stock. A gentlemen from the shop called me Monday morning to confirm my order. Tuesday I had a d7000 and 28-300mm lens sitting at my door."

"Ordered pair of AquaSensory Gloves on 1/29/11 through 17th street photo via Amazon.com, 17th street photo shipped on Feb 1st (Next Business day, pretty quick ship). The shipment was delayed due to a snow storm. Item arrived in my area on 2/4, but too late to deliver on 2/4. I contacted 17th street photo to have UPS hold the shipment, so I could pickup on 2/4. I called the 800 number and spoke with a gentleman (Did not write his name down) who wasn't quite sure what to do. I told him 17th street photo, as the shipper needed to call UPS to have the shipment held. He mistakenly thought I could walk in and pickup at UPS. He told me he would call UPS and call me back. I never received a call back nor does UPS show the shipment as held. As 17th street photo is closed on Saturdays, I wasn't able to contact them on Saturday. I will have to wait until UPS delivers on Monday."

"I have been calling and emailing to get the information to return a LaCie d2 Quadra 2TB hard disk. The back-up assistant is not compatible with Windows 7. I just left another message?? "

"Package arrived on time.Very good experience!

Mark was very helpful. No high pressure to buy anything else.

Will buy from them Again.

Sigma 70-200 f2.8 lens for Olympus 4/3 system

"I bought a newly released Sigma lens.
Item Shipped as Promised. No problems.

For non Us buyers you might want to take note that 17th Street Photo will not accept card but want you to use google checkout.
I tried 3 times, but was unable to upgrade my freight using this payment. I selected different freight, but everytime the Order Confirmation showed Ground Transportation.
As a result I had to wait longer to get my lens. (but freight was free of charge to a US gift address)

This must be a result of an interface error between google checkout and 17th Street Photo. Hopefully soon resolved :-)

modified review This review was modified by -Kasper- on July 20 2010 12:53:11 PM

"Excellent business to deal with. Fast same day shipping on item I ordered. Would indeed consider 17th Street Photo on future purchases."

"After searching around the web for a specific lens that nobody had in stock (including one of the competitors who charged my card and then changed their status to backordered), I contacted 17th Street Photo via email to see if they had it in stock. I had a reply within 2 hours that confirmed they had it in stock, so I placed the order. It arrived today and is exactly what I wanted. I would definately do business with them again."