• 123 Mountain

Product & services pricing Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

"Complete theives. Horrible and nasty customer service especially "Peggy". Ordered a pair of skis that included bindings. They only sent the skis and could not resolve the issue for over a month because they dont care once they get their money. Beware and stay away if you dont want a nightmare !"

"This company is a FRAUD! They charged my debit card, shipped me a product I did not order that took 13 days for delivery, and refuse to refund my money claiming my order was fulfilled.

If you are a victim of this company's immoral and fraudulent business practices, please do the following:
+Read this great article from the Federal Trade Commission - http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received-heres-what-do
+File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission - https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
+Contact the state AND local Consumer Protection Offices - http://www.usa.gov/directory/stateconsumer/index.shtml
+Contact the state Attorney General - http://www.naag.org/current-attorneys-general.php
+File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau - http://complaint.bbb.org/
+Call your credit/debit card issuer and dispute the charge

"BUYER BEWARE!!!! I placed an online order and they claimed my card was declined and I would have to pay by bitcoin. I contacted my bank. No charge was attempted or declined. Bitcoin offers no protection for an online transaction...that's why criminals like it!!!"

"Wanted to peruse the retail shop and was told I needed a membership. When asked if I could look around and decide if I wanted a membership was told no.

Based on other reviews about the blatent theft of customer's money, it all makes sense now. 123 mountain has no concept of very basic customer service nor standard business practices as a membership affords no wholesale benefit (e.g. Costco) nor any price benefits. Its simply a matter of scamming money from unsuspecting customers.

I look forward to seeing this business fail as there are a plethora of better outdoor retail stores, that understand CS like Sierra Trading Post, Back country, etc

"STAY AWAY, I've had the same experience as others, horrible customer service, broken English, "Peggy" was the person I got as well. They are SCAM artists. Do NOT buy from them. Luckily my CC didn't process or they would have had my money!"

modified review This review was modified by asdsdasd on February 06 2015 12:38:54 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

I tried ordering a $250 Under Armour jacket from them online. They emailed me the next day telling me there was a problem with my CC. I did an online chat through their website and asked what to do next. "Peggy" told me to email them and cancel the first order, then try again. I did that and then received several rude emails in response.

I called their customer service number to register a complaint. They said to email info@123mountain.com because that is their "management" email address. Whoever received the email was either the same person who sent me the original emails, or equally as rude. I called the customer service number again and they confirmed that it must have come from a manager.

This company either outsources its customer service or they have extremely uneducated employees. Every response was broken English and didn't make much sense. At one point they told me to "play by the rule".....

Again DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

modified review This review was modified by dukooter on January 28 2015 12:20:04 PM

"Criminal. It seems that this place is set up to take credit card orders for merchandise that they don't have. i was sent 2 jackets instead of Swix ski pants. They will not fix their mistake. Still waiting for an RMA #, why can't this company immediately correct their mistakes? Because they appear to operate only to charge your credit card and send out anything. Also because half way down in their return policy they state that sale items are not returnable, so if something does not fit, you can't return it for a different size. Horrible. This place should not be in business."

"This company is the most unprofessional of any I have EVER dealt with. Stay away! I deliberately did 2 day delivery in order to get race mittens for a race. They missed the fed ex shipment for the day, so my mittens didn't arrive until Monday. Also, they demand a signature on EVERY item they ship.... Buyer beware."

"Do not buy online from 123 Mountain. My doing so was the worst online retailing experience I have ever encountered. Their emails back to me were snarky at best and chock full of spelling, punctuation and grammar errors. Clearly the writer did not have simple command of the English language. A 3rd grader could've done better. The people in charge did not even blink when these unprofessional notes were brought to their attention. I was only belittled even more so. They baited me with an item of a particular color then sent the item with a different color saying the item sent was the only color they had. Attempts to return the item for credit or reasonably work something out went nowhere just incomprehensible text and rude attitude. BEWARE HERE!"

modified review This review was modified by Edge66 on December 11 2014 08:45:40 AM

"I had read the other reviews on this site for this company and was extremely concerned about ordering from them but they were the only place I could find the shoes I wanted in the size I needed. Although, I never received an email order confirmation or any shipping information, they did deliver the product...eventually. It took 3 weeks for what they said was an "in stock" item. But they didn't charge my credit card until the order was shipped which was how I knew they had actually received and processed my order. "

"I attempted to purchase a backpack from this company online. After no confirmation email, I cancelled the order and stopped payment with my bank. About 3 weeks later I get a pink slip in the mail from the postman asking me to pick up a package from 123 Mountain and pay an extra 40 bucks. I refused and the package was returned to 123 Mountain. Two months went by and I got a collection letter in the mail for the whole amount of the back pack plus the extra 40 the postman wanted for shipping! I called and spoke to a woman named Tammy who finally, 3 months after the order took place, gave me a tracking number. I tracked it all the way back to the doorstep of this business and they refused to acknowledge that they got it back. Still, to this day, I am getting collection letters written in poor English, telling me to contact the creditor , Fidelity Information Corporation, immediately or I will be sued. When I do call them, they say I have to speak directly to the people at 123 Mountain, who in turn says they only communicate through email. I would never recommend this so called Internet sales business to anyone due to the poor practices and awful customer service. They are willing to hurt people and rip them off, but not face the consequences of their own poor practices, which are a lot of returns and bad reviews. They are not even willing to talk on the phone.The owner of this business seems to have no knowledge of how to operate a professional business, nor speak and communicate properly. Maybe that is why he will not talk on the phone. Whatever the reason, I would rather hike to the top of Mount Everest carrying all my equipment in my hands than deal with this company again."

modified review This review was modified by Pepperdime on July 06 2013 12:11:19 AM

"This is the worst merchant I have ever dealt with, online or otherwise. I place a significant order and even did thier $100 membership for the ability to return items. They shipped the items in the wrong size. Since their store front is by my home I brought the items to the store and asked for an exchange to the correct size or a refund...they woldn't do either even with the $100 elite membership. They told me that if I didn't take the items they would be donated to charity. I had the charge reversed through my CC. Do not use them, you'll get screwed!!"

"I bought four suits of down jackets of Patagonia.
They sent only the down jacket of the 3rd place.
I took out the claim of deficiency in quantity immediately.
After performing time earnings and receiving my credit payment, they stopped and receiving my claim entirely.
It is proved by the delivery data of DHL that the number of the contents of the sent package was three.

It is the crime which they are performing.

I am talking with a lawyer.

"If I could give 0 stars I would. This business does not deserve the support of anyone in the ski mountaineering or outdoor industry. They give the industry a bad name by their poor business practices. Fraudulent cards, crazy CC verification processes, long wait times to receive products, and misrepresenting items on their website by calling them "available" (along with many other issues) make this a business not worth supporting. Charging people for a $100 non-refundable membership fee, then never tying to make a charge when the "member" tries to purchase an item because they don't have the products in stock. Search the web and find reviews on this company and its ownership. You will be shocked with what you find.

DO NOT support this business. You will never receive what you order, and you could be charged for canceling.

"AVOID ! AVOID ! AVOID !

They will not take returns even the defective items. You will have to pay for the return shipping and they will tell you to contact manufacturer.

Share 123 Mountain's store rating

123 Mountain is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

123 Mountain is not a merchant member
123 Mountain does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!