123 Mountain Reviews - 123mountain.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 1.67/10 15 reviews

123 Mountain is not a merchant member
123 Mountain does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 6/103/5

"I had read the other reviews on this site for this company and was extremely concerned about ordering from them but they were the only place I could find the shoes I wanted in the size I needed. Although, I never received an email order confirmation or any shipping information, they did deliver the product...eventually. It took 3 weeks for what they said was an "in stock" item. But they didn't charge my credit card until the order was shipped which was how I knew they had actually received and processed my order. "

"I attempted to purchase a backpack from this company online. After no confirmation email, I cancelled the order and stopped payment with my bank. About 3 weeks later I get a pink slip in the mail from the postman asking me to pick up a package from 123 Mountain and pay an extra 40 bucks. I refused and the package was returned to 123 Mountain. Two months went by and I got a collection letter in the mail for the whole amount of the back pack plus the extra 40 the postman wanted for shipping! I called and spoke to a woman named Tammy who finally, 3 months after the order took place, gave me a tracking number. I tracked it all the way back to the doorstep of this business and they refused to acknowledge that they got it back. Still, to this day, I am getting collection letters written in poor English, telling me to contact the creditor , Fidelity Information Corporation, immediately or I will be sued. When I do call them, they say I have to speak directly to the people at 123 Mountain, who in turn says they only communicate through email. I would never recommend this so called Internet sales business to anyone due to the poor practices and awful customer service. They are willing to hurt people and rip them off, but not face the consequences of their own poor practices, which are a lot of returns and bad reviews. They are not even willing to talk on the phone.The owner of this business seems to have no knowledge of how to operate a professional business, nor speak and communicate properly. Maybe that is why he will not talk on the phone. Whatever the reason, I would rather hike to the top of Mount Everest carrying all my equipment in my hands than deal with this company again."

modified review This review was modified by Pepperdime on July 06 2013 12:11:19 AM

"I love 123Mountain.Com. I remember when I first discovered them last month. They now have a nice eclectic mix of plus size clothing. However, it is especially friendly for the younger or trendy set that doesn't want mom or preppy clothes. I do think their prices are a bit high, but they do have good sales especially online."

"This is the worst merchant I have ever dealt with, online or otherwise. I place a significant order and even did thier $100 membership for the ability to return items. They shipped the items in the wrong size. Since their store front is by my home I brought the items to the store and asked for an exchange to the correct size or a refund...they woldn't do either even with the $100 elite membership. They told me that if I didn't take the items they would be donated to charity. I had the charge reversed through my CC. Do not use them, you'll get screwed!!"

"I bought four suits of down jackets of Patagonia.
They sent only the down jacket of the 3rd place.
I took out the claim of deficiency in quantity immediately.
After performing time earnings and receiving my credit payment, they stopped and receiving my claim entirely.
It is proved by the delivery data of DHL that the number of the contents of the sent package was three.

It is the crime which they are performing.

I am talking with a lawyer.

"If I could give 0 stars I would. This business does not deserve the support of anyone in the ski mountaineering or outdoor industry. They give the industry a bad name by their poor business practices. Fraudulent cards, crazy CC verification processes, long wait times to receive products, and misrepresenting items on their website by calling them "available" (along with many other issues) make this a business not worth supporting. Charging people for a $100 non-refundable membership fee, then never tying to make a charge when the "member" tries to purchase an item because they don't have the products in stock. Search the web and find reviews on this company and its ownership. You will be shocked with what you find.

DO NOT support this business. You will never receive what you order, and you could be charged for canceling.

"AVOID ! AVOID ! AVOID !

They will not take returns even the defective items. You will have to pay for the return shipping and they will tell you to contact manufacturer.

"If I could give a negative rating, I would. This was the worst shopping experience EVER for me. First, items I ordered were not in stock - I had to wait 3 weeks. Then, they shipped me the wrong stuff that I had to return. They confirmed getting items back but never issued me my refund. When I inquired about refund, they just ignored it. I had to file a chargeback through my credit card to get my money back! Total scam. They charge your credit card right away even when they don't have stuff you ordered in stock, but you will have hard time getting your money back if something goes wrong. "

"NIGHTMARE REVIEW! Nowhere is it more true that if a deal sounds too good to be true it's probably not. I ordered a Suunto Ambit watch that was advertised for $450 with a heart rate monitor - great price. It was a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve UPS delivered a package that contained a torn-up jewelry box with no watch! During repeated calls the employees tried to assure me that efforts were underway to "investigate the matter." Two weeks later I finally got a call from the shipping manager who wanted me to accept a watch that turned-up that was supposedly the one that belonged in the damaged package I received. Yet, there was no assurance that it was new, or in working order, or that I would get a refund if there was anything wrong with it. Several employees told me that the owners play hardball with customers on damaged goods. In trying to take up the matter directly with the owners, no employee would give me their names out of fear of reprisals. I had to dispute the charge with VISA to get my money back. If you decide to buy anything at 123 Mountain you do so at great risk if the product should turn out to be unsatisfactory for any reason. If you do buy anything there, use a credit card with a purchase guarantee so you have a fighting chance of getting a refund if it is warranted."

"So far the other negative reviews appear to be spot on. This place does suck! Unfortunately I ordered from them before reading these. I never received a order confirmation so I called to ask status. The rude customer service rep basically told me everything was okay and he would send me another confirmation...never happened. I called again 2 days later and the order is still in limbo...apparently they are ordering from the manufacturer then shipping to me. This was going to take upwards of 3 weeks. I asked to cancel my order and the customer service rep said she cannot do it, I have to email sales@123mountain.com. I have done this, but expecting to jump through hoops to get a refund. We will see what happens. This place blows. DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!"

"Placed an order on a product that said "available". Turns out that "available" means not in stock and it can take up to 9 days to ship. Of course this info is hidden at the bottom of the shipping details page. It wasnt till i received my order confirmation e-mail that it was stated in a non hidden manner that this was going to take 9 days to ship. Well 9 days came and went and i received nothing. i did an online chat and they had no information of when it would arrive to them. This site is shady and their business practices are less than desirable. I would not order from them ever again. Seems like a guy runs this business out of his basement or a storage unit."

"Excellent, friendly, and knowledgeable staff. They have more technical knowledge and more unique products than the big box outdoor places."

modified review This review was modified by Mountainbear666 on November 05 2012 09:17:29 AM

"I ordered a very expensive Canada Goose Parka online from Afghanistan. First the color I wanted was "available". After I put my order in they send me confirmation and inform me that my color and size won't ship until "Fall 2013", yes 2013!
I really need a parka so I choose an alternative color that is ready for shipping. I just shipped yesterday. After I told them twice and received confirmation that when my parka shipped, it would be sent to me in Afghanistan, I just received notice from that that is was shipped to my billing address in the US.
This has been the worst online shopping experience I have had in 8 years of working overseas. Spending $750 at their store means nothing. I should have shopped on Amazon.
Do not give these people your money

"This is the worst online shop ever. They didn't send the confirmation message, they lie about availability of products. If you want to loose your money place order at 123 mountain."

"This is a dishonest business. They advertised a London Olympics coupon that gave you 20 dollars off of a future order. When I called to ask about it, a woman by the name of Sofia answered and said I had to contact the owner and he doesn't speak to customers over the phone. What? Anyway, I proceeded to email the owner (who doesn't appear to speak or write in English) and all he kept saying was "No, you no honist." Which apparently meant he didn't think I was telling the truth. When I said I would like to return the jacket then, he said I couldn't do that either because it had been on sale. There are plenty of reputable companies out there to shop at that stand by their products and policies. 123 Mountain isn't one of them.