• Address: 2140 Merritt Dr., Garland, TX 75041

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"Wonder if anyone at 1000Bulbs has considered placing on their web site for "unsuspecting" customers that apparently it will take "15 plus days" (the plus being that mine hasn't shipped yet) at a minimum before before shipment is made. I think customers deserve to know that. Frankly I think that's crazy but seems like it's acceptable to 1000Bulbs. "

"I normally never write reviews. As an electrical contractor - sourcing affordable products for end users is essential to completing a project with happy customers. On two different occasions this company shows product in stock then two days later I receive an email stating otherwise. When I call them to inquiry about the issue the only answers you’ll receive is a bunch of smoke, like our warehouse inventory isn’t in real time, someone placed an ordered before you, we ordered more product (2 weeks goes by and nothing), our computers are down, we just had an server update and the excuses go on. Extremely frustrating a company uses low prices to bait you and never delivers. Tried to cancel an order, they told I couldn’t do that - so I killed the card. Save yourself a headache and shop someplace else. 1000bulbs is 1000 excuses."

modified review This review was modified by FLElectricalContractor on October 20 2014 02:03:24 PM

"Purchased hydroponics equipment from 1000bulbs.com. Equipment did not work. I called 1000bulbs.com to return this item and they told me it should be working fine and told me to read the instruction manual. Not very helpful at all. I had to call several times before they finally gave me an RMA#. Will not be doing business with them in the future. "

"I purchased 1000 watt hps bulbs from 1000bulbs.com with excitement. The price was AMAZING the website easy breezy and payment was simple.
Within days I received my order and the bulbs sounded broken. I asked the fedex person what happened and he stated that 1000 bulbs was aware of the issue and to send anyway. I refused the shipment.
4 days later i received a rude phone call from a Brittany Long followed by revealing emails on the customer service mentality of 1000bulbs. Apparently I should have accepted the package and called for a "rma" number and paid for return shipping even though the bulbs were broken. Brittany Long dismissed the the broken bulbs as two or three and it wasn't a "big deal." I was to busy to talk so I excused myself from the phone. Brittany Long sent some emails equally detached from customer service reality. If you want to read them let me know. The experience was not what I expected. I eventually purchased the bulbs for 50% more than 1000bulbs. I would rather pay for effeciency than incompetence.

modified review This review was modified by jaypar1077 on September 20 2014 02:30:24 PM

1000Bulbs.com User

"good service. good bulbs, but the pink and purple C7 bulbs are almost identical in color."

"I ordered two $10 bulbs on Wednesday afternoon that I needed before Saturday. I paid $30 for two day shipping.
Their website states "orders are typically processed shortly after being placed." My order was shipped out 26 hours later and missed the cutoff. As a result they arrived Monday. They refused to refund any part of my shipping costs.

modified review This review was modified by jctventures on July 05 2014 10:30:41 AM

"sent wrong bulbs, wouldnt send correct ones. stay away from this company"

modified review This review was modified by palewook on July 03 2014 06:20:54 AM

"I ordered a Toshiba LED flood light from 1000Bulbs because they had the best price I could find. Shipping was fast and I was very satisfied with the transaction. But that isn't why I came here to write this review. The bulb I purchased has a 5 year warranty but it failed after only 19 months of use. I see that as a negative regarding Toshiba, not 1000Bulbs. So I fired off an email to 1000Bulbs explaining the situation and they responded within 24 hours. To my surprise they did not offer to replace the bulb, they issued me a full refund of the purchase price. Needless to say I was very happy with their customer service and would recommend them to everyone."

modified review This review was modified by DCinBuf on June 30 2014 08:27:04 PM

"Attempted to purchase two bathroom fixtures. After three weeks and multiple incorrect deliveries I was told that the vendor did not have the advertised product. Consider changing the name to 999 bulbs."

modified review This review was modified by GBonavia on March 21 2014 10:23:06 AM

"I ordered 29 Halo LED retrofit bulbs online, needing them within the week. The website showed them as in-stock. Two days after placing the order, I received an email stating that the units were backordered and wouldn't be available for at least two more weeks. This would delay my entire construction project so I responded to the email to cancel the 29 units. All I received was an out-of-office return email. I then called to cancel the order and was told that the units I had had ordered were "special-order" items and that they needed to contact the manufacturer to see if the order could be canceled (!). When I disputed this the customer service person hung up on me. This is a classic bait and switch tactic and I will not do business this way - offer a low price advertising that it is in stock and then torture the customer with some long, delayed, delivery process - they are acting as a broker, not a retailer. I promptly contacted my bank to refuse any charges from this seller, and sent them another email telling them that the entire order is cancelled."

modified review This review was modified by Gravprop on March 17 2014 12:48:32 PM

"1000Bulbs.com answered all of my questions quickly and effectively. There is plenty of information on the website to make an educated decision on purchasing any of their products as well. Not only was there information about their products, there was also information to install their products in the form of data sheets and wiring diagrams. The price is another thing I found to be a pro about 1000Bulbs.com since they seemed to be the lowest across the board for online transactions.

The only gripes, or cons, for 1000Bulbs.com is there isn't enough technical information (most stuff every-day-people wouldn't care to read anyway) on the systems and their respective parts as well as no free shipping. Albeit nothing is perfect, 1000Bulbs.com has managed to come very close.

"Very Fair prices. An easy to search and checkout items on the website. Keep it up !!"

" fast shipping and great product. highly recommend!!"

"Shipment was received just fine. Prices were reasonable. Problem was that I received an extra box of items inadvertently. I notified them of the over-shipment and they sent me a mailing label to send it back. However, I protested that I should not have to take it back to a FedEx facility, but should have it picked up at my doorstep. They finally agreed to schedule a pickup, but called me back about 3 weeks later saying that there were 3 bulbs missing and that I would have to pay for them. I did not check through the box, but had assumed that the extra shipment was a duplicate. My error, but clearly, if I am honest enough to notify them of the extra merchandise received and not simply keep it, then they need to cut me some slack for assuming that the extra order was a complete duplication. I had to speak with a supervisor who simply said that "she would have to take me at my word". I find that insulting even to say that, considering that I could have kept quiet and retained the extra shipment without saying a word. I will buy my bulbs elsewhere and suggest that you do the same."

"First-time customer and I'm a very happy one. I will definitely use this company again.

Who knew that buying light bulbs became so difficult?

A floodlight in our 2-year old bathroom conked out. Finding a long-neck replacement was challenging, but Whitney found just the ticket. Our order was small and she suggested purchasing other items to offset the cost of the shipping. We chose to go with the small order first.

FedEx delivered as promised and the bulb is exactly what we want/need! We are sure we will use 1000 Bulbs again in the future!

1000Bulbs.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1000Bulbs.com is not a merchant member
1000Bulbs.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!